Too young

Per TaylorFrank89

As I stand under the bright lights I look out at the crowd and contemplate my life and what brought me here... Més

1. Knockin on heavens door
2 The show must go on
3 Pour some sugar on me
4 Sweet sixteen
5 I will remember you
6 The show must go on
7 Live wire
8 I want to know what love is
9 I still haven't found what im looking for
11 start me up
12 Need you tonight
13 Push it
14 Kiss from a rose
15 Magic bus
16 More than a feeling
17 Workin for a living
18 Jump around
19 Rebel girl
20 Material girl
21 The passanger
22 Celebrate
23 Its my party
24 Marry you
25 Go your own way
26 I heard it through the grapevine
27 Unfaithful
28 Where are you?
29 Faithfully
30 Whole lotta love
31 I wish it could be Christmas every day
32 all right now
33 Comfortably Numb
34 Gimme shelter
35 Candle in the wind
36 Hurt
37 Rehab
38 better in time
39 Truth be told
40 Truth of the heart
41 Moment of truth
42 Viva las vegas
43 White wedding
44 Girls Girls Girls
45 Judgement day
Part 46
47 Baby love
48 Broken glass
49 Somebody that i used to know
50 Wrecking ball
51 Twenty‐One
52 I love rock and roll
53 Down in Mexico
54 Dancing in the dark
55 Little saint Nick
56 All the small things

10 California dreaming

1.9K 89 1
Per TaylorFrank89

I put the address Tammy had given me in my google map app and drove until I came to the bar where I had a job lined up. I was happy that I could continue to dance, I had become to love dancing. After Andrew and I split I found a professional dance class and was getting good enough that I did my own choreography now. Dancing was a release for me it was my therapy.

I looked up at the club and checked the sat nav to be sure I was at the right place, it assured me that I was.
The club could not be any further from what I had been use to. It was a modern looking building that had the name blue room scrawled neatly above the door. There were no neon lights or photos of naked women on the walls. It looked classy and discreet. It was double the size of Tammy's club. I walked inside and was surprised to see mahogany cladding on the walls and delicate chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The bar filled the back wall, it was fully stocked I hadn't known there were so many different brands of liquor. Mahogany tables and red leather arm chairs covered the floor. I walked in further to explore, the stage was huge it had a pole in the middle and a runway that came into the crowd. Red velvet drapes hung in the windows, it really was classy.

"you like" a deep voice asked from behind me.

I turned a saw a tall tanned man with white hair propped up on the bar.

"it's like no strip club I've ever seen" I replied.

"this isn't a strip club it's a gentleman's club. You must be Emily"

"I'm Patrick" he said as he offered me hid hand.

" hi, thanks for seeing me" I took his offered hand and shook it firmly.

I followed Patrick into his office that was located behind the bar. It was clean and modern just like the rest of the club. He sat on the large leather couch and gestured for me to join him.
"I'm not going to make you audition, Tammy said you were the best she had ever seen and I know how hard she is to please"

"I just want be clear on a few off my rules, I do everything by the book. I know you worked for tammy when you were underage. I can't do that here. Do you have ID" he asked.

I fished in my bag for the envelope that held my drivers licence and birth certificate, I had even written my social security number on the front.

"thorough" he said as he looked at what I gave him.

"18 last week, is that right" he asked.

"it Is, I can tell you now that I am the hardest working 18 year old you have ever met" I told him quickly. I needed this job I didnt have as much cash as i would have liked, I had used most of my savings paying my hospital bills.

"Tammy backed you up on that, she told me you had never been late in the 2 and a half years you worked for her. She did tell me there had been an issue with cocaine. I have a zero tolerance policy on drugs" he said sternly.

I looked at him nervously, I was embarrassed that he knew so much about my past. "I haven't touched it in over 6 months" I assured him.

"there will be random drug testing" he warned. I was embarrassed that he knew so much about me and my past mistakes. It had been hard giving up my coke habit but with help I managed.

"OK, so when do I start" I asked, I really needed to start working. I only had enough money to stay in the hotel for a week or so.

"I wish all my girls had your enthusiasm, can you do the morning shift tomorrow. It's usually busy Sunday morning"

"Sunday morning" I repeated, that was an unusual time for it to be busy.

"wife's are at church then making their family lunch" he joked.

Patrick was telling me how the money worked, he said the money I made was mine. He charged at the door and made the rest of his profit from the bar. He was advising me of my schedule when the door slammed open making me jump.

"Pat I can't find my crystal g string, that bitch Heather has taken it. I know she has" the woman had dark skin and shaved afro hair, she was beautiful.

"Mae, I'm busy right now. Can this not wait until later "pat snapped as he rubbed his temples.

"I'll get the bitch, who's this" she asked as stared at me. Wow Mae was a firecracker, I liked her immediately.

"Mae you show Emily around and I'll call the detectives in to track down the missing dental floss" pat joked.

"I can see it now on the 6 o clock news, g string heist at the blue room. Reward for the safe return of the $20 item" pat was laughing and I couldn't stop my self from joining him.

Mae smiled reluctantly and left the room taking me with her.

"your dancing name isn't Emily is it" Mae mocked.

"no it was Brooklyn but I think I want a change " I replied.

"You look like a ruby , that can be your name" she declared. I had no choice in the matter but I actually liked I so I didn't argue.

"Ok " I agreed before following her.

"come this Is our dressing room, you can have that mirror there" she said pointing at a clear space at the end of the room.

The room was large and well lit, there were hanging rails covered in outfits. They all looked professionally made not like the cheap stuff I had worn before. Tammy's club was designed with the every day man in mind but the blue room had the well off men of California in mind when he thought of his clientele.

"you will do well here, guys like the young girls. The tips are really good" Mae said enthusiastically.

"do you want to grab a drink at the bar" Mae asked.

"The boss said I can't drink on his premises, I'm only 18" I explained.

"let's go next door then"

I followed Mae the the night club up the road, it was quiet. It was only midday after all.

"vodka and grapefruit juice" Mae ordered.
I asked for the same, It was so bitter I found my face screwing up. Mae thought it was hysterical, she just laughed at me until her sides hurt.

"So your starting tomorrow, what's your plans for today then" Mae asked as she finished my unwanted drink.

I felt like a loser, I didn't want to tell her that I was going back to my hotel room to watch cable and eat cheap Chinese takeout.

"no plans really, I guess I should start looking for a place to stay. I got a number for a guy who was looking for a roommate" I said as I took the leaflet from my bag.

Mae snatched it from my hands and began to comically read it out loud.

"professional man seeks female roommate to share 2 bed, 1 bath apartment. Great price for the right roommate. Extras included are use of hot tub and and washing machine. Must be athletic and open minded. Email if interested John69@gmail.com" as I heard it out loud I cringed. Mae laughed loudly gaining the attention of the barman.

"Will come read this" she called to the man at the bar. A tall good looking man walked from behind the bar and joined us.

He read the leaflet and laughed "wow, he's not creepy at all. Did they ever find the zodiac killer"

"if we take them this I would guess they will. I mean who would write that, he's obviously a fat perv hoping that offering cheap rent will get him laid" Mae joked.

"$50 dollars he has peepholes in the bedroom and bathroom" will said as he winked at me.

"oh my God I nearly went to go see this place, I didn't realise how creepy it was. I mean look at the email. How did I miss that" I joked, I had been that desperate to find a place that I hadn't even thought it through.

"you looking for a place, my roommate just left so I'm looking. I unfortunately don't have a hot tub but the bath works and I guarantee I have no peep holes" will was laughing. I sized him up he seemed like a nice guy but I didn't have the best taste in men.

I looked at Mae who mouthed that he was a nice guy.

"I'm Emily your new roommate" I said as I handed him my hand.

"I'm will, do you not want to see it first" he asked.

"living under the overpass would be better than the motel I'm at now" I assured him, I really was desperate. If I didn't like living with will I could stay there until I found something better. I hadn't even thought to ask where he lived or how much it would be. I was worried about living with another man but after my self defence classes I felt a little more confident.

"I finish in two hours, do you want to go get your shit and meet me back here. Do you drive" he asked as he took our empty glasses.

"yeah my cars over there" I said pointing at my beat up old car.

"cool I don't have a car at the moment, you could pick me up and Ill show you to our new place" he said as he left our table, he had a great ass I watched him walk away. Luckily I wasn't attracted to him, he was a good looking guy but just not for me.

Mae and I went for a walk and she told me all she knew about my new roommate. Mae told me that he was an old friend, she said that he wouldn't hurt a fly. He had worked in the club since he was 21 when he left college. They had been fast friends , I felt like it would be the same for him and me.
-------------
Will was waiting for me when I pulled up with my car full of bags, will mocked my old Beetle as soon as he sat down. He said it was a hunk of junk and that he didn't want to die today. I joked that he could walk if he preferred, that shut him up.

After driving for about 10 minutes will directed me to a car park behind a large renovated old house. There was 4 car spaces in front of the house and a two car garage. Will and I struggled to carry my belongings in one trip, our apartment was on the ground floor so luckily we had no stairs to struggle up. The apartment was almost like a studio, the Living room furniture was the first thing I saw when I entered it was modern well furnished. There was a dinning table at the back of the room against the window then a small kitchen took the space at the other window. A little hallway led to 2 bedrooms and the shared bathroom.

"this is my room,  it's messy. I wasn't expecting anyone to see it" will joked as he closed his door.

He opened the door across from his and declared it my room. There was a the same hardwood floor that was in the rest of the apartment. The room was large and it was empty. A big window almost filled the back wall. I walked in further and was happy to see that one of walls consisted of a built in wardrobe. I opened the white doors and imagined all my clothes on the rails and shelfs. There would actually be enough room for all my clothes.

"what you think" will asked.

I smiled at him, this was definitely the place I wanted to live. I didn't need to see anymore to know that it was right for me.

"it's $1500 all bills included, not including food. I usually do a weekly shop, we could go together and split the bill. What you think" he asked.

"sounds great" I squealed.

We dropped my bags in the room and I began to unpack. I hung my clothes and arranged my shoes and accessories in my wardrobes. I would be sleeping on the couch until I had enough money to buy a decent bed.

Will ordered us Thai food before he went to his room, I ate then slept deeply. Tomorrow was a big day, it was the start of a new chapter in my life.

I needed to make as much money as I could so I wanted to look fresh for my first day of work. I needed it to go well.

NEXT PART RELEASED 1ST MARCH 9AM

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

394K 27.4K 33
What happens when you grow up wearing clothes that are too small or way too big, or wear hand me down clothes passed on from family, get teased by yo...
122K 6.4K 99
Hannah And her Happy Harem After spending her entire life training to become an Olympic level gymnast only to suffer one too many injuries for her bo...
624K 20.4K 16
Warning: Mature. Love's like a war. It's so easy to start but so difficult to end. Just like in a war, there is always a winner and a loser. I told...
100K 552 27
I took the time to actually look at her, she's pretty, her lips are plump the blue led lights showing tint. "You're pretty." I said looking down pla...