Infamous Gray (Sequel to NLOA)

By VasilisaDragomir

As if things weren't already complicated, now Avery Collins has lost her ex-boyfriend whom she still loves. S... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 - Part One
Chapter 19 - Part two
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - Part One
Chapter 21 - Part Two
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 9

89.7K 2.7K 482
By VasilisaDragomir

Instinctively, I moved my head out of Derek's way but if Kale had of kept his tight grip on me, Derek would of still been able to slap me.

"What are you doing?" Derek asked Kale as if he was stupid. Well Kale did let me go so I avoided being hit by Derek which was a stupid move on his hand but I was a tad thankful, it looked like it would've hurt.

"Don't ask me" Kale shrugged. "Ask her" He said, pointing to me with his chin.

Derek turned to me and slapped me across the face. Damn it hurt. No, it stung. I let out a scream and flung a hand up to my cheek. Tears didn't spring to my eyes because I was already crying but after the scream I shut my mouth and allowed silence to overcome me. Bastard.

"Tell John to give him the drug" Derek nodded at Kale who in return nodded.

My eyes widened. What drug? I knew they were going to give it to Austin, who else would they be giving it to. I spun on my heels to see Kale communicating to the man at the other end. He had his face close to device and was speaking in lo murmurs. My cheek still stung but I ran back to the window when the other door opened and the man stepped back in the room.

"What's that?" I asked. I was obviously indicating to the long needle with green liquid that 'John' was holding. It scared me.

Again Derek's voice sounded miles away when he answered. "It's a drug, specially formulated to erase someone's memory of the past few hours. I created it, illegaly. But your stupid boy stole the drugs and sold it on my territory. The cops came after me, knowing I was the gang's leader and I was thrown into jail for what was supposed to be 15 years. Only a couple of months later, my gang broke me out and ever since then the feds have been on my ass"

"So that's why you have Austin" I whispered.

"Yes. And, I want him to give himself up. I can't live my life in hiding"

"You created the drug, you would've been thrown into jail regardless of Austin"

"Yes but I wouldn't of been so inexperienecd and careless. Austin also has the profit he made by selling my drugs, five-hundred thousand dollars"

"He was 17 and was new to this, what would you expect him to do?"

"Not cross pathes with me"

My blood ran cold and I focused my attention back at Austin. I wasn't sure if I wanted to see this, although I wasn't sure if wanted to see Austin before, and I did. So, I was going to watch this, because I didn't when or if I was going to see him again.

"I don't think you should watch this" Kale leaned in close and whispered.

I flinched away from him. "Why should you care"

He fell silent and I waited in endless pain as I saw the needle inch closer to Austin. That's when it clicked. He was getting injected with some green substance that would make him forget the past couple of hours. That would mean he'd forget about seeing me. I couldn't let that happen, I wouldn't let that happen.

I ran over to the door and tried the handle. But, again no matter how many times I tried to push it open, it didn't budge. I was furious like I mean furious. The strength and the heart I poured into bashing the door was something I couldn't see myself doing. Kale pulled me back, despite my thrashing around and protests. I could tell he was reluctant and he was about to tow me away from the room but I dug my heels into the flat ground and let me tell you it was impossible but he stopped.

"I want to watch" I managed to say with gritted teeth. I was clenching my jaw so much, my mouth began to hurt so I eased up.

Kale's arms tensed before he let me go. "You won't like it Avery"

"Where's Avery- ah!" I heard a loud yell erupt from Austin's room. My eyes flashed to where he was violently moving in his seat. His hands struggled against the chains. My breath stopped half way in my throat and I immediately felt sick.

My head shook. It rapidly moved left and right on it's own accord. I felt my neck scream in agony, I heard it tell me to stop but I couldn't. And then I did.

I ran over to the window and fell to my knees and I watched blood leak out of Austin's nose and eyes. His fists clenched, causing veins to stick out as if escaping. It was horrifiying. My lips trembled, my body shook, it was just something i've never seen before. He continued to scream and I watched as the last of the green liquid disappeared into his arm.

'John' let go of his hold on Austin which only caused him to slump forward. Before he did, I saw the blood had stopped but there was still blood dripping from his face. He was so quiet. He was unconcious.

"What happened?" My voice stuttered with uneasy octaves.

"The drug worked" Derek said with amazement although I doubt he doubted his creation.

"Why would you say it like that?" I asked.

"Because i've never witnessed it happen" He walked over to the window and stood next to me.

I'm sure no one would be surprised if they saw me take a large step back. Derek glanced at me, but didn't make another sound. He continued to stare at Austin with a look I couldn't decipher. It infuriated me even more, it was as if Austin was Derek's guinea pig.

"I want to see him" I walked over to the door and put my hand on the handle. John was still in there.

Derek looked as if he was contemplating my wish, which was a complete surprise to me. "Alright. He will be unconcious for a while so I will give you 5 minutes with him"

Five minutes? That was nothing! I need and wanted more than five minutes with Austin but I also wanted time with him when he was concious but if I ran in again like that, there was no doubt in John injecting him with the drug again. I decided five minutes, now, was going to feel like 5 days.

I nodded slowly and procceeded to turn the handle. Kale looked as if he didn't want to turn the mirror so it could be seen in and out. He also looked as if he didn't want to nod at John to open the door. But he was out of my mind right now. Austin was my only concern.

I felt the handle move under my hand so I quickly removed my hand and waited as the door opened. John stepped back once the door was opened and I rushed past him into the cold and stale room. My breath hitched in my throat when I saw Austin, regardless of seeing him ten seconds ago. My feet moved on their own. Till they reached their destination.

"Austin" I whispered and caressed his bloody cheek. Blood transferred onto my hand but I didn't care.

I knelt down so I could see him properly and bit back a cry. His eyelids were shut so I couldn't see his green eyes that use to be so alive and exciting. Although, I knew that if they were open, they would be empty. Tears streamed down my face as I looked at his body. My arm moved to his bruises which had too many bruises. He couldn't be in a healthy condition right now.

"What did you do to him?" I yelled as I swiftly stood up and faced John.

"I do what is necessary" He shrugged.

I made a sound at the back of my throat and shoved him so he stumbled back. His eyes widened and anger flashed in his eyes. I wasn't scared, nor was I nervous. I was just so heartbroken it made me angry.

"Yeah? Well Austin looks like he's about to fall apart anytime soon" I fumed. "Was that necessary?"

He nodded.

"He doesn't seem to be answering any of Derek's questions" I narrowed my eyes at Derek who stood on the other side of the mirror with surprise etched on his face. "So what's the point in hitting him?"

I didn't allow John to answer or move. Instead, I moved him. I placed both my hands on his chest and pushed him to the wall. My mind told me that it was a bad move but I wasn't thinking straight at the moment. I flung up an arm and was about to punch him when I felt arms wrap around me, again.

"Kale!" I struggled. "Let go of me!"

Kale dragged me back till I stood next to Austin. I jerked away once more and Kale let go, thankfully. I couldn't go back to hitting John and I didn't want to waste my five minutes on something I could do later so I knelt in front of Austin again.

"Actually" I heard Derek walk in the room. "I have an idea"

"What is it?" I asked but didn't waver my attention on Austin.

"You were right when you asked what the point of torturing Austin was. He isn't giving us an answer now, so why should we continue? Other than the obvious point of fun of course" He chuckled to himself. I pursed my lips.

"So we'll just torture you" He deadpanned.

My mouth fell open and I whipped my head around so I could face Derek. Austin's hand was in mine and I was began squeezing it a little to tight. Although he couldn't feel it, I loosened my grip.

"Are you crazy?" I asked. I didn't know what else to say. He was going to torture me to get to Austin. Yeah, crazy.

"I might be" Derek shrugged. "But I have to weigh out all means and torturing you is the next best thing"

I shuddered. I didn't want to be tortured. Just watching Austin getting punched in the face, hurt me. How was I going to withstand getting tortured. But if it meant they would hurt Austin to the minimum, then I guess it was going to be a chance I was going to have to take.

And, of course there was the part where I wouldn't have a choice.

I knew I wasn't physically or mentally prepared to be punched in my face or in any part of my body, but you have to do what you have to do, right?

That night, I couldn't sleep. Kale had taken me to a room not far from Austin's all the while, not talking to me. The room had a much more comfortable feeling to it than the others did. The concrete walls were painted a bland white, and the floor were grey tile. Two double-single beds were propped against opposite walls with two grey bedside tables resting between them. Another desk was fitted at the other end of the room, although there didn't seem to be much use to it and a flat screen TV was hung above it.

I heard Kale's soft snoring but the quiet and slow rhythms of his breath couldn't even cradle me to sleep. I lay, tossing and turning in between my sheets. Wide-eyed. I had an increasing headache from sleep deprivation but too many thoughts rushed through my mind to bother about a headache at the moment.

What was going to happen tomorrow? Would it start first thing in the morning or would Derek be kind enough to feed me my last meal. He was a psychotic man so he might treat me to the largest breakfast i've ever had in my 18 years in this life but then again, he probably wouldn't.

"I'm honestly sorry that it came down to this" I heard Kale whisper in the stillness of the room. A gasp escaped my lips from fright.

"Sorry I scared you, I heard you tossing in your bed" He shuffled around so we were staring eye to eye. The room was dim so it was possible.

I didn't apologise.

"I don't even care anymore" I lied to him.

"I don't blame you. You know you better get some sleep" He tried to tell me in a soothing tone. I rolled onto my back and stare at the ceiling. Yeah, sleep. Because it was at the top of my list of worries. Yeah, right.

"But" I paused. "I'm scared"

He took in a short-intake of breath. My lips began to quiver again so I bit down hard to bring them to a halt. I heard feet touch the ground and looked over to see Kale had stood up and was walking over to my bed. I shrinked away with unease but he held up his hands as if he was surrending.

"Relax" He stopped by my bed. "I'm just trying to provide as much comfort as I can and at the moment, i'm sure you'll feel better with someone lying next to you"

I stared at him for a while before pulling back the blankets. He made a small smile and gingerly lay in the bed next to me. Since the beds were double-single's, our bodies had to touch and it despite my many protests in my mind, it was comforting. I rolled over so my back was facing him and I felt his body roll over and face me. I knew it because I could feel his warm breaths on the back of my neck.

Before I closed my eyes, I looked up to the corner of the ceiling and saw a small black circle with a red flashing light. My eyebrows scrunched together.

What the hell?

Sorry for the late update!

Vote

Comment

Fan

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412K 9.2K 47
Avery Reyes decided to leave her old town and move across the country. She was fresh out of college and found a job in a small town of Indiana. Her o...
264K 2.2K 8
Chanel Brown was in a mess. She needed a lot of money and she needed it fast. Her job was not giving her enough and she was having a hard time. Alf...
1.5K 69 19
Paul and Ashley are madly in love and to prove their love to everyone else they decide to get married. But on the eve of their wedding day Ashley get...
90 0 14
!! Disclaimer !! This story contains violent, sexual, emotional and offensive content. When reading keep in mind that it is just a story not real lif...