Surrounded by Bad Boys

By KellyWeb

I was pushed onto the side of the car roughly. I gasped at the impact. "Oh, you hate me?" He asked as we both... More

Surrounded by Bad Boys
You again...
Bring it Around town
The Escape
Idiots & a Trip to the mall
Guess Who!
"Well that was Interesting..."
A/N Story Trailer
New News vs. Old News
Game On.
Unwanted vs. Wanted Moments
Truth of the 'Fox'
Cue the Meltdown
Lana's Words
Jealousy is Not a Good Color
A Night to Remember-HSM had it wrong-
We Can't Forget
Clean Slate
Commotion and Devotion
Speaking Up
I'm Jamie F*%#ing Jamison!
Disapointments and Broken Promises
Learning New Things
"It's Official Now"
Wrong Number
Day of Surprises
No More Secrets
Deal Making
Moving Clock
The Winter Ball
He's Not Here
"I think I'm on my Period"
The Day I Marked (Preview) Not an Update
Road Trip
It's Because I Care
A Quiet Day
Starting Winter Break
Don't Tell Eric
Playing With Your Head
Birthday Part 1
Birthday Part 2
It's Our Secret
New Paths
Happy?
Acceleration
Choo-Choo
Why Are You Here
Welcome Back
Open Your Eyes
Long Live the King
The Choice

Caught

34.9K 838 985
By KellyWeb

***Danny in photo***

"I'm fine, really. I don't need any help." I insist for the third time since I've been released from the hospital. Eric has my elbow gripped as he escorts me through the front door. Mom places her purse down on the couch and turns with a sigh.

"You can never be too careful, Jamie."

"I only have some bruises." I'll live.

"Well, until you heal completely expect to be babied by mom," Eric grumbled. Mom cut her eyes at him and he instantly smiled brightly, "And me, of course."

I tried to force a genuine smile, but I still felt exhausted. Eric noticed my body slump against him, so he helped straighten me out to get me to my room. As soon as the door opened I felt a wind hit me in my face. Eric rushed across the room to close my window, but I was too busy staring around the room.

"I don't know why that was open." He locked the window and turned to face me. He gave me a lopsided grin and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Well...," He stretched out his hands, "Welcome back."

I took my first few steps into the room and sighed. "Good to be back." I walked and collapsed on my bed face down. I winced, forgetting about my bruises, but soon exhaustion took over. I felt Eric remove my shoes and place a blanket over me. When I heard the faint click of a door closing I was out like a light.

The weight of the bed dipped, waking me slightly from my slumber. A hand combed through my hair. I couldn't hold back the soft moan from my lips. My eyes fluttered open and adjusted to the now dark room.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Trevor whispered.

"You just couldn't wait to get in bed with me, could'ya?" I murmured into the pillow. Trevor chuckled softly and snuggled up closer to me.

"Nope, I couldn't." He admitted, but I could hear the amusement in his voice. We both fell into a comfortable silence. "I slept in here some nights. I missed you, a lot." I turn my body so I could look at him in a better position.

"Is that why my window was open?"

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"How'd you get in here? Eric locked my window."

He was quiet for a moment. "I was hanging out with Eric downstairs, and he fell asleep so I snuck up here."

"Mmm, you're such a rebel." I hummed, wearing a soft smile.

"Oh, yeah? Do I get a kiss for being such a rebel?"

"No, but you will get your ass kicked if Eric finds you in here."

"Fair enough."

"Go to sleep, Trevy poo." His lips pressed to my forehead, and I tucked myself into his body feeling content.

"Look, she needs her rest. Why don't you come back another time?" Trevor sounded annoyed.

"God, drop the guard dog act, Trevor. It's so not cute." Rebecca snapped.

"We're her friends, we just want to make sure she's doing okay. Besides, her mom let us up, so why won't you let us in?" Lexi argued. "You can't keep her to yourself forever."

"Let us in, or I call Eric in here." I opened my eyes and watched Rebecca cross her arms. So, she's pulling the boyfriend card now.

"You think because he's pussy whipped, I'm scared?" Trevor scoffed. I sat up slowly in bed and rubbed my eyes.

"Trevor," He jumped at the sound of my voice. "Let them in." I watched him roll his eyes in annoyance, but step aside.

Lexi and Rebecca instantly rushed in and plopped down on my bed. They each took turns hugging me carefully.

"Oh god, Jamie! Are you okay?" Rebecca bit her lip nervously, eyeing my face and body.

"Yes, I'm fine." I smile reassuringly, but both girls still look wary. They begin throwing questions at me asking what happened and where I was. I try to form some type of answer, but when I look up I see Trevor staring at me in concentration. "Do you mind letting me talk to them privately?"

He looked ready to argue, but then decided against it. After he quietly left the room I began recalling the events of what happened with Damon.

"You don't really believe he hit you right?" Lexi shook her head in disbelief.

"He was the last one I was with, Lexi. I don't wanna believe it, but I can only remember him."

"This is insane. What the hell is happening to us? Why is life falling down on us right? We are almost at the end of high school and now what? These four years weren't for nothing," Rebecca ranted on and on. "Next year we won't even be together! We'll be in college, with new friends and people. I can't believe Damon isn't here for all of this. No offense, Jamie! I just...We've been friends with him so long. It's hard to understand and digest that he's changed like this."

I smiled sadly not knowing how my words could possibly fix any of this. In some ways this was my fault. If we had just kept our lives separate--,

"Jamie?"

I lifted my head and tried to relax my face of any worry. I put on a smile and hummed in response. I looked passed the concerned looks of Lexi and Rebecca, focusing on the male figure with flowers in front of their head. I looked at the girls who were only looking at the guy.

He poked his head around the flower vase filled with white roses, and I raised my eyebrows.

"Victor!" I exclaimed with a hint of questioning in my tone. "What a surprise...," Rebecca looked back at me curiously. "I didn't expect to see you here."

He stepped into the room filled with cheer. "Jamie, ladies." He greeted. He glanced around the room before placing the flowers on my dresser. "I just came to see how you're doing."

"Ugh-I'm great. Everything's great." We both nodded in acceptance of my answer, then falling silent. "Oh, Lexi and Rebecca, this is Victor. Victor, these are my friends. I met Victor...,"

"We met through mutual friends." Victor jumped in shaking both of their hands. After the introduction Lexi stood.

"I better get going; I promised Sanders I would come over."

"Of course, I'll talk to you later."

"I'll come by as soon as I can. Rebecca, did you still want a ride home?" Rebecca nodded and then reached over to hug me.

"Feel better, hon." She grabbed her purse and walked to the door. Lexi came and hugged me next.

"I better hurry before she goes to Eric and they start kissing." Lexi whispered. I grimace in response. "They're still in the honey moon phase."

"I can hear you, bitch." We laugh and then part ways.

Lexi leaves the door open and winks at me. "Nice meeting you, Victor." With a final wave she's gone. He stands there leaning against my dresser with a puzzling look.

"So, what are you really doing here?"

"I really am just checking in." He sighs. "My uncle is going crazy."

"Where is he?" Shouldn't he be here by now killing me?

"Don't worry--he's not coming here. Your mom has cops all around the neighborhood. He wouldn't risk himself for you."

"Cops?" When did mom start having them patrol us?

"Yeah, they're all over you."

"Victor, how did you find me?" The question had been bugging me since I woke up in the hospital.

He stepped closer until he reached the end of my bad, where he sat confidently. "You really don't remember?" I shook my head. "I found you, and I heard all the commotion. So I took you and escaped."

"Was Damon around when you saw me?" He shrugs and frowns, though it doesn't look like he's really upset.

"I don't remember much, everything was happening so fast." Reluctantly I accept his answer.

"Hey, Victor?"

"Yeah?"

"What happened to your stutter?" I had noticed after our first day of meeting he sprouted some type of confidence. I no longer see a shy, blushing boy. It's like he just switched it off. I studied his expression waiting for him to react.

He didn't disappoint as he opened his mouth slightly and froze. His tongue slowly ran across his bottom lip and he awkwardly chuckled.

"It's still there...I just feel comfortable around you. You're nice," he smiled. "You're easy to talk normally to." I didn't want to believe him...but what else could I do? He didn't have a reason to lie. Did he?

He shuffled closer, catching me off guard, I instantly back away. He stretched his hand out and touched my bruised cheek.

"Does it hurt a lot?"

"Not if no one touches it," I snapped. He retracted his hand back and apologized. "When are you going back home?"

"Not anytime soon. He'll have my head."

"Thank you...for saving me." I pulled a pillow in front of me.

"It was my pleasure." Victor smiled, showcasing his pearly whites. He abruptly stood up, still smiling. "I should go. Your friend has be counting the seconds until I leave since I got here."

I chuckled dryly and agreed. He reached my door and turned back to me. "Would you like to go out for brunch? Not today...but maybe tomorrow?"

"Um, I'm not sure my mom will let me leave the house so soon. But rain check?" Mom believes it's a good idea for me to rest up and heal as much as I can. While I agree, I really just want to step outside--breathe.

"Yeah, I get it. Another time," he grinned softly. He walked out the door way and I relaxed.

"You can come in now, Trevor." His head instantly pops into the room before his body follows.

"He creeps me out," are the first words out his mouth.

"You don't like any guy who speaks to me."  I rolled my eyes. Trevor tried to play it off with a smile, but I could tell he was still uncomfortable and overthinking Victor's character.

"Is my family downstairs?"

"Your mom just went to the store, and Eric is on the couch probably asleep." His fingers trail down my arm leaving goosebumps. "Why, you need something? I can get you some food or whatever you need."

"Can you help me get up? I want to go downstairs." I stretched my arm out, feeling lazy.

"I'll do you one better," he said as he bent down and swooped me off the bed. I shrieked and grabbed on to him tightly.

"Trevor," I whined, "put me down!" We had walked out of my room and were headed towards the steps.

"I just might, fuck you're heavy." His face contorted pain. I slapped his chest and he began to laugh. "Just kidding."

"I swear if you drop me down these steps, you're dead." He smiled mischievously and continued until he reached the bottom floor.

Just like Trevor assumed, Eric was fast asleep. I was placed on my feet and dragged away to the kitchen. Trevor ushered me to sit down next to him. "Hungry?" He asked. I shook my head and looked around the kitchen. I could feel Trevor staring at me so I ignored him as much as I could. "Tonight I'm not going to come over." I felt myself begin to frown, but quickly covered it.

"Danny is sleeping over. I thought I'd give you a heads up so you're not disappointed when you wake up without me." His smirked wiped off his face when I flicked his forehead.

"Thanks for the heads up, but I'll manage."

The doorbell rang making us both stare off. I realized I had to answer when they rang again. I stood up and Trevor mimicked me. We both reached for the door at the same time. I laughed to myself wondering if this was my house or his.

I gave him a look and he backed off, letting me answer my own door.

The second I opened it I was tackled with kisses all over my face. I stumbled back, but they held on. "Stephan, cut it out!" Matt groaned.

"I love you! I love you! I love you!" Stephan repeated over and over, hugging me tightly. I laughed and winced at the same time.

"I missed you too, Stephan." He finally pulled away and smiled brightly, until he got a good look at my face.

"Jamie...it looks worse," he raised his hand to touch me, but I moved back.

"Don't worry about it. It's just a bruise." I moved my eyes to Matt and the bored looking Sanders. Matt pushed Stephan aside and hugged me. When he pulled away I stepped near Sanders. He kept his face neutral making me glare at him playfully.

"I know you missed me, Sanders." The corner of his mouth twitched. "What are you guys doing here?"

"I just wanted to check in on you again. We didn't want to come to the hospital again knowing your family wanted more time with you." Stephan inched closer to me. Last time I saw him I thought he was shot, so just being able to see him in my house smiling makes me happy. I throw myself at him and he automatically catches me.

"I was so scared." I whispered.

"I know. I was too." He kissed the side of my head and I invited them inside to sit.

"Can you tell me what happened at the race? Is Zac alive?"

"Zac's fine! Don't even worry about him he only suffered in a coma for like a week." Stephan waved his hand off.

"Stephan!" I yelled. "A coma!?"

"Okay, don't ever listen to Stephan again." Matt hit Stephan upside his head, and sucked his teeth. "Zac, is fine. He had a concussion, but he's been healing perfectly. He loved the nurse treatment at the hospital, and now he's home resting."

I gave Stephan an annoyed look for scaring me, which he shrugged in return. "I thought they were the same thing. They sound just alike." He tried defending himself.

"No, they don't." Sanders shook his head as if he were disappointed in his friend choice.

"Yes, they do!"

"Stephan," Matt snapped. "Concussion...Coma. See? Sound nothing alike."

"Say that again?" Stephan requested.

"Con-,"

"-Coma." Stephan finished off his word. We all stared at Stephan silently trying to figure out what was going through his head. "Wait, what are we talking about again?" We all shook our heads but decided to change the topic of conversation.

"How are you, Jamie?" Matt looked like he wanted to pry deeper, ask more detailed questions; but he was holding back.

"Better-Much better. I'm just happy to be home." I played with my fingers not even realizing my hands were fidgeting. Trevor rubbed his palm in circles on my back making me look at him. He smiled softly, still rubbing those soothing circles. I returned his smile and awkwardly coughed when I noticed the others looking between Trevor and I.

Matt was the first to speak up, still eyeing Trevor with confusion. "Did you see him?" He asked.

"How do you think she got these bruises?" Trevor seethed, his hand stiffening on my back.

"Trevor," I snapped. His jaw clenched as he held his words back.

"What's he talking about?" Sanders glared daggers at Trevor.

"Damon, wouldn't do that-," Stephan shook his head in disbelief. "He would never put his hands on you, or any other female."

"What happened?" Matt whispered. His eyes looked sad and confused. I know they probably hated me right now for even making them think that Damon could have done something so monstrous.

"I...I don't really remember. Some people are just jumping to conclusions." I shoved my elbow into Trevor's stomach. He hissed and gripped my arm.

"What do you remember?" Matt pushed.

"Damon's...not good right now, Matt. He's different." I refused to look up. Talking about this was depressing me, but they deserve to know. He wasn't just apart of me, he was apart of them as well.

"Different how?"

"He's doing drugs for one." I swallowed my nerves. "I don't know if he does that with you guys, but I've never seen..." The words get caught in my throat. "He's more aggressive." I subconsciously begin rubbing my wrists, remembering him caging me between him and a wall.

"Did he touch you?" Trevor sounded upset. I didn't want to upset him. He's been so happy. "Jamie?"

"No," I lied. "He barely spoke to me. We only talked a few times." They all accepted my answer, except for Matt. He stared me down, making me turn my eyes somewhere else. "How about we order pizza?" I clapped my hands together and stood. "Trev, go wake up my brother. What do you guys want on your pizza?"

I grabbed a menu and glanced at it before flinging it to Stephan. "Pick some stuff out. Whatever you want, it's on Eric." I wink. Stephan whoops and exits the kitchen. Trevor goes to get Eric. I was heading out to the living room, deciding Trevor may need help waking Eric up.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Matt caught my arm before I exited and pulled me to a stop.

"Ugh-yeah..." I glanced at Sanders who kept his face blank. He rolled his eyes and went to help Stephan check out the menu. "Follow me." I walked us to the den where I had let...Ian....stay. I opened the door and looked around. The room looked untouched. I opened the door wider, letting Matt enter. I softly shut the door and turned my attention to Matt.

I cross my arms preparing for our conversation. "What's up?" He looks unsure of himself as he steps forward.

"What really happened?" He questioned. "He touched you didn't he?" I shook my head gently.

"Not in the way you're thinking...he was aggressive yes, but he didn't hit me. He just kissed me." I don't know why I was trying so hard to defend him.

"What was he saying to you?"

"He told me they'd been torturing him. He's dangerous, Matt. The skeptical way Daniel and him were talking...it was unnerving. I'm scared. I'm so scared and not just for me, but for him." Matt moved closer and hesitantly hugged me.

"Everything is going to be okay." He murmured into my hair. He pulled back and looked down at me. "Do you remember the night Ian took us to Milani?" I nod. "You know I was with him."

"The night I saw the video of him screwing someone else." I fake thoughtfulness. Matt opens then closes his mouth. "Sorry-continue."

"He told me that he couldn't be with you or else they would hurt you. They were making him pull away from you. It's like they were training his mind. I do believe they were torturing him. When I saw him he was beaten and tired. Whoever he is now is who they forced him to be. If he stays there he's as good as dead." Matt's eyes were wide and terrified. I felt my heart racing with each passing word.

"Matt, w-what do you expect me to-,"

"Shhh," he squeezes my shoulders. "Just listen to me." I close my eyes and take a deep breath. It's not like I haven't considered this before. I knew it wasn't adding up that he didn't care about me, but believing it was hard. It was easier to believe he didn't care. It sounds like Matt wants me to help him bring Damon back, but even if he comes back he'd never really be back. My Damon is gone. I have no idea who this new one is, or what he's capable of.

"I know you're hurting, Jamie. But, before you're so quick to think Damon is the bad guy, look around your inner circle." What did that mean? "You need time to heal and rest, but I want you to know I'm getting Damon back. And when I come back and bring him home everything will be okay. I won't let anyone hurt you again."

"How are you going to get him?"

"You don't worry about that. Just know it's handled. Ian has been more than helpful, surprisingly." Matt grinned. Silence fell upon us as we both took in what was said. I know he's expecting me to sit back while they go into this mess. I should listen, but I would never forgive myself if anyone was hurt. "So, you and Trevor?" Matt raised a brow.

I felt embarrassment spread across my face. "What?" Playing stupid never helps.

"Just be careful." Matt tilts his head. "Does your brother know?"

"No." I mutter, looking to the floor. "Please don't mention this to anyone. We aren't anything serious. We just....We....," I trailed off trying to find the right words.

"Have fun." He filled in my silence. I shrug, suddenly feeling embarrassed to have this conversation. "I won't say anything."

"Thank you."

We exit the room and find the others sitting in the living room watching TV. When Stephan asked where we went I pretended not to hear him and instead flung myself onto the couch.

"How long until the pizza gets here?" I whined.

No one responded making me antsy. Everyone ignored me and watched the UFC fight on TV. I sighed and sucked up my hunger. "Eric, you know you're supposed to be taking care of me right? How would mom feel if you neglected me?" I didn't even see the pillow coming that smacked me in my face.

I gripped my face, shielding it from everyone. I began crying into my hands and flinching from pain. Eric quickly cursed and came to inspect me. He gripped my wrist and tried to tug them from my face.

"Jamie," he groaned,"Come on let me see." I shook my head and pulled away. I felt a hand massage my back while I whimpered. Eric leaned in and whispered, "Don't tell mom."

The doorbell rang and I dropped my hands. "Pizza's here! Woo!" I cheered and jumped up from the couch. "Eric, where's your wallet?"

All the boys laughed except Eric who was glaring at me from the floor. I pouted and he finally stood up and searched for his wallet. I went to the door and opened it. The pizza girl who was slouching now stood straight with a smile.

"Hi." I greeted with a small nod. Eric came running to the door and I grabbed the food while he pays. I quick walk to the kitchen and place the food down. "Come and get it guys!" I yell out.

They all pile in and Eric trails in behind them. I'm first to grab my food and sit down. There's a knock at the door, but all the guys ignore it, too engrossed in the food.

I reluctantly stand. "Did you forget to tip her?" I yank the door open and smile. "Danny! Hey, come in." He enters with his hands in his pockets. "There's pizza in the kitchen." I start walking but I turn my head back to see he's not following. His eyes are to the floor, and I actually look at his appearance.

Stained t-shirt, black zip up hoodie, overgrown hair, and tired eyes. His eyes are red and puffy. This is the saddest I've ever seen him. "Danny?" I whisper. I step towards him and he looks up. "You okay?"

"Jamie, who's at the door?" Eric shouted from the kitchen. I bit my lip and walked until I was right in front of Danny.

"Hey, look at me." I urged him, placing my hand on his arm. "Do you want to talk about?" He didn't respond. "Do you want to leave?" Nothing. "Wait here."

I walk into the kitchen and stand over Trevor and Damon. "Who was at the door?" Eric asked with a mouth full of food.

"Um-It's Danny. He doesn't look so good." I said lowly for Trevor and Eric's ears only. Trevor instantly frowns and wipes his mouth with a napkin. He and Eric fly out the kitchen and I hesitantly follow, giving the rest of our guests a reassuring smile.

The three boys are speaking so softly I can't hear them until I'm right next to them. "What's going on?" I ask to anyone willing to answer.

"I forgot my clothes at home," Danny finally says with a raspy and rough voice.

"Eric, can you call Liam and ask him to stop by Danny's?" Trevor sounds desperate with his request. Eric nods silently and walks off throwing a side glance back at Danny. Trevor grips Danny's shoulders and squeezes. "Hey, you wanna go to my house now?" Danny stiffly nods, looking on the verge of tears.

"D-Danny?" I call out to him. His attention is on me now, and I suddenly am at a lost for words. "If you want to talk about it let me know...Okay?"

"Okay." He tries to force a smile.

Eric walks in and pockets his phone. "Liam is heading over. When he gets here I'll ride with him to Danny's."

"I'm going to walk Trevor and Danny next door." I begin putting on my shoes before Eric protests. When I open the door my mom is walking up the driveway.

"Jamie, I don't know if you should leave the house." Eric sounded worried. I mean they said the police were on the block, so I should be perfectly fine crossing the lawn.

"I'll be fine." I groan.

"Who will be fine?" Mom asks as she kisses my cheek and greets everyone.

"I'm just running to Trevor's house to get something."

"Why can't Eric get it?" She's always doing this.

"No, I can do it. I need some air anyway. It's stuffy in here." I give Trevor a look telling him to go before my mom changes her mind. I can hear her greeting the others in the kitchen so I softly close the door behind myself. Eric shakes his head at me as we all walk to Trevor's.

When we walk in Mona, Trevor's little sister jumps up from the couch and hugs me. "Hi guys! It's been forever!" Her voice is muffled from her pushing her face into my clothes. Eric ruffles her hair and picks her making her shriek.

"Leave the girl alone, Eric." I smile seeing how happy she looks. Eric places her done and she grabs his leg. Someone has a crush.

"Mona, where's mom?"

"Taking a nap before she cooks me food. Why?" She places her hands on her hips, showing us her sassy side.

"None of your business. Go to your room and play." Trevor ordered. She looked ready to argue, but she saw the look Trevor gave her. She stomped off and ran up the stairs. Trevor guides Danny to the couch and changes the channel.

"Eric, can you get him a bottle of water?" Trevor did everything possible to make Danny comfortable; I could see how much he loved his cousin. Danny shivered and Trevor asked me to get some blankets from his room. I wish I never nodded my head and went up those steps. Had I known what would happen next, I would have stayed home like they wanted me to.

After making it up the steps I passed Mona's room and heard her laughing and talking with herself. I smiled to myself and continued on to Trevor's room.

The door creaked as I opened it. His room was clean, much cleaner than mine at the moment. His blue comforter laid folded on the bed. I snatched up the covers and took a final look around his room. When I closed his door I looked across the hall and saw Mona's door now cracked.

I took slow and quiet steps towards her room and heard her soft voice speaking. I peaked in and saw her sitting on a pink rug. She was holding a doll in one hand in the other hand was pressed to her ear, I couldn't see what it was. I'm assuming a toy phone.

"Okay, Lindsay, Sofie wants to talk to you." She removed the object from her ear and placed it against the dolls tiny face. My brows furrowed as I saw her toy phone, except it wasn't much of a toy. Too indulged in the phone, I didn't notice I had pushed the door open a little. Mona looked up and smiled. "Hi, Jamie!" I entered the room with a sloppy smile.

"Hi, Mona," I responded. "What you got there?" I pointed to the phone.

"My doll Lindsay, and my new phone." She smiled like she won the lotto. I guess I'd be happy too with a phone at her age. But, no, this wasn't just any phone.

"Can I see it?" She placed the phone in my waiting palm and I sucked in a breath. This was the phone, this had to be it. "Where'd you get this?" I turned the phone on and sure enough the messages I had sent out were here. This was the phone given to me.

"Don't tell anyone, or I'll get in trouble." She whispered fearfully. She waved me closer until I was on the floor as well, with her hand cupping around my ear. "I went into Trevor's room and found it in his drawer." She pulled back and giggled, probably hoping I'd laugh too...but I was frozen.

I couldn't focus. I couldn't release the breath I was holding. I couldn't see straight. Trevor had the phone? Has he been the one texting me this entire time? Was it him in the park?

A knock on the door made me blink.

"Jamie, Liam is here. I'm headed to Danny's you coming or no?" Eric leaned against the door frame. I took a shaky breath and tried to force an answer out.

"No."

Eric hit the doorframe twice and disappeared. While Mona wasn't looking I grabbed the phone and stood up. Gripping the blanket in my hand I jogged out the room and down the steps.

That bastard!

I could confront him now, but no not while his family was here. Not when now was suppose to be about Danny.

I felt a force tightening around my heart, so many questions flooding my head. How could he do something like this? But maybe I was jumping to conclusion. Maybe he had nothing to do with the phone. But why did he have it, and why had he not mentioned it?

I saw Danny sitting on the couch with Trevor next to him. The two whispered together, oblivious to my presence. Just like I was oblivious to the truth. Without stopping my feet I dropped the blanket on the couch and then continued to the door to go home.

"Jamie?" Trevor called out to me. I ignored him and kept going. I was at the steps of my house when I was yanked to a stop. "Jamie, what the hell? What's wrong?" Trevor stood confused waiting for an answer.

"Nothing." I pulled away from him and continued to leave.

"Jamie-,"

"Leave me alone!" I yelled. I ripped myself away from him and ran inside. I needed time to think this through. I needed to think of an approach. Slamming the door behind me, I locked it making sure he didn't try to get in.

"Jamie, you okay?" Stephan asked, while exiting the kitchen.

"I'm fine; just tired." But that night I couldn't lie and say I was just tired. I was wide awake. I laid in my bed wondering, hurt, scared. Trevor has tried calling and left me many text messages. I couldn't bring myself to answer them. Tonight was date night for Eric and Rebecca. He told me he'd cancel so we could hang out but I didn't want him to do that. So, I told him to go have fun and we could hang out tomorrow.

I kept the blinds closed so I wasn't tempted to look at Trevor's window. Mom had made me a nice steak dinner, and we enjoyed the evening with some girl time.

At some point as I was staring at the ceiling, I fell asleep. I thought I was dreaming when I heard something fall in my room, or my door close. There's a moment between consciousness and semi-consciousness, where you're not sure what's real or if you are just imagining things. I thought I saw a person in my room. Since my TV wasn't on I couldn't make out who it was. I decided to close my eyes and hope sleep would take me once again.

A hand was petting my hair. On instinct I groaned tiredly, "Trevor stop." The hand froze and pulled back. I instantly fell asleep.

For a second time my sleep was disrupted. Someone was shaking my arm. I nearly slapped them but then they kept saying my name. I cursed silently and squinted my eyes seeing the light on in my room.

Danny was standing over me. That made me sit up quickly. "Danny," I yawned and combed my fingers through my hair. "What are you doing here?" I looked at the clock on my cable box it's 3:19 in the morning.

He sat on the side of my bed and looked down at his hands. "You said if I wanted to talk to you I could, right?" I pulled the covers back and told him to wait where he was. I used the bathroom and splashed water on my face. When I opened the door Danny was laying in my bed. He was on his back with his hands folded at his stomach.

"I thought you were spending the night at Trevor's?" Even just saying his name made me feel sick. I forced myself to focus on Danny.

"I was, I woke up and he wasn't in bed, I couldn't find him." He shrugged. Where the hell is he? Where is there to be this late at night? Could he be in trouble? No, no just focus.

"You okay, Danny boy?" I walked around to the other side of the bed and sat criss-cross. He smiled at my nick name for him, but then frowned again.

"My mom and Damon's dad are contemplating divorce." Danny spoke so lowly I almost didn't comprehend the words. I didn't know what to say in response so I decided to wait out if he had anything else to say. "They've been fighting a lot ever since Damon left. His dad has been trying to reach him, and obviously he hasn't heard back. My mom said they should go to his mom's house, but they can't reach her, and dad doesn't want to bring in police and lawyers."

I place my hand on his bare arm and try to soothe him. Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing, and just being there for the person is enough. I lay down next to him above the covers, and turn so I'm facing him.

"Everything is going to be okay," I promise him.

"How do you know?" He asks, turning his head to face me.

"Because, everything always turns out okay in the end. And no matter happens you have friends and family around you who love you. That will never change, Danny." Our hands entwine and he flexes his fingers around my hand.

"I love you too, Jamie." The honesty and vulnerability behind his voice makes a cold shiver run through my body. Somehow he moved closer and I didn't even take in how close we were to each other. "Jamie, I've made the mistake of not telling you something since you came back."

I swallowed knowing in this moment that everyone was going to be right. He was going to say it, he was going to tell me how he feels. Now more than ever I wished for an interruption, some kind of distraction; But that wasn't going to happen at this time of night.

His palm raised to my cheek, I don't know if he noticed me move back just a tiny bit, if he did that didn't stop him.

"I'm in love with you, Jamie." He finally said. "And, I know I'm an idiot for waiting so long, or for even telling you now, but I'm tired of keeping it in. You need to know everything. I've had a crush on you since we were kids, and I guess it took you coming back to realize those feelings haven't gone away." His hand still cradling my face he leaned closer.

"Danny-,"

"No, I know there's a lot going on, and you've dated my brother but I'm just asking for a chance. I'll treat you with nothing but love and admiration. I want to make you happy, and I promise I'll never hurt you." He looked terrified. He looked ready to beg for me to give in. I don't know why I started tearing up, but he quickly brushed away any tears that fell.

I think I knew I couldn't love him like he loved me. I wish I could. It would be so easy to be with Danny, he wasn't complicated. He was sweet, handsome, funny, the perfect package. And I'm not going to say I don't deserve him, because every girl deserves all those things, but I can't return those feelings. I love Danny like family.

"I love you so much, Jamie." He leaned down and softly pressed his lips to mine. I stayed frozen, not responding to the kiss. His lips became more aggressive against mine when he saw I wasn't responding. I slowly shook my head and pushed at his shoulders.

"Danny, no; We can't." I tried sitting up, but Danny held my face with both his hands. I attempted to pull back. "Danny-," he bit my bottom lip.

"Please, Jamie." He whispered against my lips. "Just give me tonight. Please, I need you." A chill went through my body as he kept pushing his body towards mine.

"I can't lead you on, Danny. If we do this that's exactly what I'm doing." I pushed hard against his body, but the way he was turned his body weight held me down. "Danny, please stop." His fingers threaded through my hair as he moved his lips faster. When I felt his tongue make contact, I didn't the first thing that came to mind and bit him.

"Shit!" He flinched back touching his mouth. I sat quietly watching his reaction. I hoped I didn't hurt him, but he wouldn't stop. When he looked up at me I moved back, afraid that he would be angry.

"I'm so sorry, Jamie." He blurted out, looking ready to cry. "Did I hurt you? I'm sorry. I don't know why I did that." He sat up and turned so his feet were touching the floor and his back was facing me.

"Danny?" He wouldn't turn around no matter how many times I called his name. I touched his shoulder and he shook me off.

"No, Jamie. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come here tonight. I hope I didn't hurt you." He stood up and I quickly grabbed his hand.

"Danny, stop! Don't go. You came here for a reason. You're just upset, I'm not hurt. You shouldn't be alone right now while you're emotional." I tried to plead with him. Who knows what could happen if he left? He's upset he could do something stupid, and Trevor isn't home to comfort him.

"Just lay down, okay? Rest up and forget it happened." I got out of bed and turned off the lights.

"But-,"

"No, lay down." I commanded. He looked unsure as he sat on the edge. "I promise you I'm okay." He laid down and I went on the other side. We laid next to each other on our back in silence. I could hear his breathing becoming slow so I thought he was falling asleep.

"Am I not good enough for you?" He questioned lowly.

"God, no. You're perfect, Danny. I just...I'm not looking for a relationship of any type right now." I wasn't lying. "You're special to me, I just don't want to mess that up."

He didn't respond for a long time.

I turned over so my back was to him. After turning the TV on I finally allowed myself to relax into my pillows.

"Goodnight, Jamie."

"The love birds are sleeping." Eric teased.

"What?" His friend responded, before I heard the door open.

I felt a weight shift across my waist. I stretched my legs out and blinked my eyes open. First taking in my brother and Trevor standing at my door, and then at Danny's sleeping form with his arm draped around my waist. I sat up making his arm fall, but he didn't wake.

"Get out." I mumble tiredly. Trevor was the first to storm out. I couldn't even be bother with his pissy attitude. Eric was about to walk out but he stopped and asked if we had sex. After repeating over and over that we did not he finally left while laughing his heart out.

I stood and brought a change of clothes into the bathroom so I could shower. When I made it down to the kitchen all conversation stopped. I ignored Eric and Trevor and grabbed a bowl for my Frosted Flakes.

I could feel them staring at me when I poured the milk into the bowl. I slammed the fridge closed and picked my bowl up to go sit in the living room.

"Jamie, come sit." Eric was patting the chair next to him. I rolled my eyes and reluctantly dragged the chair out. "So, someone had a nice night." Eric teased.

"Lay off, Eric." Trevor muttered, picking at a piece of toast.

"What time did you get home last night?" I dipped my spoon into my cereal.

"A little after 11," he shrugged. "Becca, wanted to see a late night movie."

We ate quietly until Danny stepped into the kitchen. All three of us stared at him. He rubbed his face and sat down across from me.

"Well, good morning, sunshine!" Eric have his back a rough shove. Danny grunted out a response. I stood and placed my bowl in the sink.

"I was looking for you this morning." Trevor spoke directly to Danny.

"Yeah, sorry. I didn't plan to sleep over," he looked over at me. "It just happened."

The doorbell rang and I turned to answer it. Two officers stood on the other side, waiting to be let in. I called Eric to the door and he quickly became serious. 

"How can we help you?" Eric crossed his arms in a defensive position.

"Is your mother home?" The female officer asked.

"No, she's working."

"Well, you're 18, correct?" The male directed towards me. I nodded. "Okay, so then you are able to speak on your on behalf. We've watched over the whole area and have set up a surveillance. No moves have been made, and I'm sure while we're out in the open parked on each street they'll never be made. So, we are cutting down on units-,"

"What do you mean cutting down on units?" Eric snapped. "What about her safety?"

"Sir, we are not going to stop protecting her, we just can't have our men all focused on one target. We are going to have some under covers and one police car at then end of the street. We just wanted you to be aware." Eric was about to clap back but I hit his arm.

"Thank you, officers. I'll be sure to inform our mother. Have a good day." They went on their way while I listened to Eric go on a rant about how he wants a full FBI squad around at all times.

I was going to have to go back to school tomorrow, so I made up the excuse that I had to prepare and get work done so Eric would leave me alone.

When I heard a knock on my door I knew it was Eric trying to annoy me again. I rolled my eyes and yanked the door open. I tried to close it back again, but Trevor's foot blocked me and then his hands forced the door open. I backed away as he closed the door behind him.

"Get away from me," I seethed, still backing away. His nose flared as his instantly closed the distance between us and pulled me by arms to him. "Stop it! Let me go!"

"What the hell is wrong with you, Jamie?" He whispered fiercely, trying not to grab Eric's attention. I bit my tongue and looked away. "What happened yesterday? Why are you acting like this towards me?"

"I know what you did, Trevor." I pushed my finger into his chest and tried to shove him away.

"Well, please enlighten me to what I did, because I have no clue!"

"I found the fucking phone!" I steadied my voice realizing I was getting loud. "I know it was you. You're the one who was texting and calling me, and that night in the park."

"What?" Trevor looked at me like I was stupid, but this must be his act. Play stupid. "What are you talking about, what park?"

"Don't play the idiot, Trevor. Just admit it. You sick bastard. You know how scared I was? I thought-I thought you were Damon, or maybe Sean. Why would you do this?" I was pacing in front of him trying to get my self together. He grabbed my shoulders to halt my movement.

"Jamie, I was not texting you or calling you from a phone." His face looked scared. His eyes screamed for me to believe him, and the fucked up part is I was starting to.

"Then why did Mona find that phone in your room? That phone was in my possession." I argued. He shrugged.

"It was laying around your room on the floor. I was curious and turned it on. When I was about to look at it you were coming back into your room so I put it in my pocket. Then I had to leave so I just threw it in my drawer. What the hell is going on with that phone?" Trevor looked genuinely upset.

"You're not lying are you?" I whispered unconfidently.

"No, I'm not. I'm tell you the truth, Jamie. I have nothing to do with you getting that phone. Whatever you think I did, I didn't." He rested his forehead against mine. "I wouldn't do something like that to you."

I pulled back and sat on my bed.

"So, you and Danny?" Trevor asked casually, but I could hear the disappointment in his voice.

"We didn't do anything, Trevor." I sighed softly. I was tired of explaining myself.

"How did he get in here?"

I shrug. "He was feeling upset last night and came to talk to me. He said you weren't in your room last night and he couldn't find you." Trevor retracted back with a confused face, trying to piece puzzles in his own head.

"I never left my bed last night...I was home."

"Well, that's what he told me..." He lied to me. Maybe so he could spend time with me? "We talked about the divorce. He just needed someone to talk to."

Trevor nodded knowingly.

"I'm guessing he told you how he feels about?" I thought about lying. I was going to lie, keep this secret buried under the rug. But it wasn't a secret. It was what everyone expected. So instead I told the truth, and gave Trevor and weak, "Yeah."

"What did you say to him?"

"Doesn't matter," I shrugged. I didn't feel like talking about this anymore.

"Yes, it does. Clearly it turned out great for the both of you since you woke up next to each other." Jealousy did not look good on Trevor. His leg shook as he had an inner battle.

"Screw you, I told you nothing happened." I turned and walked to leave my room. I was spun around and Trevor gripped my hair as our lips connected. It took me a second to realize what was happening, but then we both responded heavily to the kiss.

I brought my hands to cup his cheek, as he moaned an licked my bottom lip. I sighed as he deepened our kiss and I ended up gripping his shirt, pulling him as close as possible.

I didn't hear the footsteps coming down the hall, or the door opening.

Trevor pulled back and immediately looked up to the door. I followed his eyes and gasped.

"Danny," I whispered. I stretched my arms in front of me in a protective stance. I don't know why I was afraid of Danny right now. Maybe because he was staring at us mouth open, shaking with tears in his eyes.

His anger burned into my heart and I could feel myself tearing up.

"Danny," I said his name again, not knowing the hell is to say to explain this-this mess.

"Shut up." He said breathlessly. "Just, shut up."

"Dan-," Trevor spoke up.

"Shut the fuck up, Trevor!"

I tensed up and looked at Trevor who looked awfully calm. But in his eyes I could see the panic.

"All this time I've been there for you, trying to make you happy," Danny whimpered. "I was always the kind one, always the gentlemen! But, you rather fuck my cousin!? The one you supposedly hated!"

"Danny, I'm sorry." I cried out. I couldn't stop crying.

"I always suspected you two had something. I knew Trevor had eyes for you, but I didn't think you were stupid enough to fall for it!"

"What the hell is going on?" Eric stormed in. He looked at the three of us and realization dawned on his face. "You motherfucker." He growled at Trevor.

"I didn't realize for sure until when I came here last night you thought I was Trevor." Danny shook his head with a sad smile. "I thought if I could tell you the truth about how I feel maybe you'd think about us, leave the game you're playing with Trevor-Especially-," he laughs, "Especially, when you said you weren't ready for anything! I thought I could wait for you. But clearly you've made your choice."

We were speechless.

"You know all these guys you have trailing behind you, Jamie? They're going to leave you. They're going to realize you're not worth it. I'll be the first to drop out the fucking race. I hate you."

I sucked in a loud breath, feeling as if I was stabbed in the heart. I clutched my stomach and shook with sadness. I wish Trevor would have just left it at that, but instead he spoke up.

"Fuck you, Danny! You don't love her! If you did you sure as hell wouldn't be talking to her like this. You don't want her happy. You're just upset you can't be the one to make her happy. I love her, I've loved her for a long time."

"You fucked her, there's a difference." Danny muttered with clenched teeth. Trevor shook his head and chuckled darkly.

"You're pathetic." He placed his arm around my shoulder and asked if I was okay. I assume him touching me put Danny into a rage. He screamed out curse words as he tackled Trevor to the ground. The two began throwing fists. Danny straddle Trevor and punch his jaw multiple times before Eric moved from his frozen spot and attempted to pull Danny off. Trevor stood up and rubbed his jaw before punching Danny in the gut.

"Let me go!" Danny growled viciously.

Danny somehow got out of Eric's hold and Trevor and him attacked each other again, knocking over my lamp in the process causing a giant crash noise.

"Stop it!" I kept yelling over and over, my eyes still blurry from tears.

Finally Eric ripped Danny off Trevor and dragged him out the room.

"I fucking hate you!" Danny kept crying out. He was in tears in Eric's arms. "You're dead to me!" He left on those words. I'm not sure where Eric took him, or what happened next.

I stood in my place and cried. I watched Trevor stand from the floor and limp to me.

"You okay?" He asked. I couldn't help the pathetic laugh escape my mouth. Am I okay?

"You're the one who was just in a fight." I cupped his face and sniffled. His lip was busted, and his jaw was bruised. "I'm so sorry." I whispered. He brought my head down to his chest and hugged me.

We pulled away when we heard steps coming down the hall. I was fearful of round two. Eric looked too calm as he stood in my doorway. He didn't even look at me.

"Get the fuck out of my house," he said. Trevor didn't move at first, but he knew there was no winning this fight. Eric had a right to be pissed. Trevor limped to my bedroom door and stopped next to Eric.

"I'm sorry, man." He winced. "I wanted to tell you."

We didn't see it coming when Eric gripped his t-shirt and slammed him against the wall.

"But you didn't. You didn't say a fucking word. My best friend fucking my sister." Eric was practically steaming from his ears. I could see blood on his t-shirt, probably from Danny. He leaned towards Trevor. "I would kill you if she wasn't in the room. You're lucky Danny went easy on you, but I'll tell you this if I ever see you near my sister again I'll do way worse." He released Trevor with a shove. Trevor got the message to leave and spared me a final glance before limping out.

"Eric-,"

"Just be quiet, Jamie." Eric shook his head. "For once be quiet. You can never stay out of trouble." With those words he left. He left, and I cried, and cried, and cried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
674K 17.1K 46
"And what if I don't Parker?" He asked, Smirking. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. "I can easily go and tell my dad about-" I was instantly...
158K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
38.6K 1.5K 23
"I'm Aiden," he said then held out his hand. "Yeah.. I.. I remembered.. Aiden. You're Nate's best friend slash brother." "Oh, you don't prefer handsh...