Sing (twilight fanfic)

De MegSymonds

After being left for dead by Edward, Bella decides that she's going to make a change in her life. The shock o... Mai multe

Chapter 1 Left
Chapter 2 Ideas
Chapter 3 Shopping
Chapter 4 Meeting Taylor
Chapter 6 Car
Chapter 7 Surprises
Chapter 8 Unexpected
Chapter 9 Explanation
Chapter 10 Charlie
Chapter 11 Flying Singing and a Surprise Visit
Chapter 12 Alice
Chapter 13 The Vision
Chapter 14 Tour
Chapter 15 Talk
Chapter 16 School
Chapter 18 Catch Up With The Past
Authors Note
Authors Note part 2
Chapter 19 Training And The Volturi
Chapter 20 Arival
Chapter 21 Holding Back
Chapter 22 True Potential
Chapter 23 Karaoke Night
Chapter 24 Stories and Preparations
Chapter 25 The Ball
Chapter 26 Dance the Night Away
Chapter 28 High Expectations
Chapter 29 Shopping
Chapter 30 Doing What Is Right
Chapter 31 Peace or War?
Chapter 32 It's All About The Competition
Chapter 33 All In This Together
Chapter 34 This Is Happening

Chapter 5 Karaoke

4.8K 150 2
De MegSymonds

Hey guys! Here's chapter 5! hope you like it! thanks for reading!

Disclaimer: I don't own twilight or or any songs featured in this book.

*Editing - This chapter is a little rough*

Chapter 5- Karaoke

The restaurant smelt amazing, the aromas of garlic and freshly diced onion wafted through the space. It had a modern woody vibe with a warm atmosphere that seemed to be buzzing with the people that took up the space inside. Once we were seated comfortably, we all ordered and the waitress informed us that it was karaoke evening and handed us a booklet of songs. I could tell she was particularly keen to give Taylor a booklet. Once she was out of sight we started looking through the book, each of us finding some of our favorite songs.

"Bella you should sing, a little sneak peak performance" Taylor suggested with the utmost confidence in me. Despite only knowing me for a short time, she seemed to have adopted a lot of optimism in my singing ability, despite not even knowing the full extent to what I was capable of. I appreciated her a lot in this regard, as it was the confidence I lack and so badly want to achieve.

"Really? Are you sure?" I asked not feeling entirely competent to sing in front of a restaurant filled with people. Especially people that I now notice have their eyes glued to our table, watching our every move.

"Yes, of course. I'll go first if you want?" she replied, seeing my reluctance. I thought about her proposition for a second... Wait if she goes first, that will mean I have to compete with her because I know she will kill her performance. I mean she has sung for arenas so this restaurant will be a walk in the park. I don't wanna have to be the following act.

"No it's fine, I'll go first. It will be good to face the nerves. What should I sing though?" I questioned to myself. I browsed the list looking for a song I know that I sing and know at least moderately well, not wanting to embarrass myself. After looking through the list I decided on a song that I have sang a multitude of nights in the shower. I tried not to stumble as I made my way to the person in charge of the karaoke and instead attempted to stride, faking the confidence I definitely did not have right now. I told him that I wanted  to sing 'Listen' by Beyonce. He nodded getting me to fill out a small request form with my name and song choice before handing me a mic with a smile, he gestures towards the stage with words of good luck. My first step on the stage, I felt my legs start to shake. I stop for a couple of seconds, close my eyes and just take a singular deep breath. You can do this, this is what Alice or Ed-he would have never thought you could achieve. Prove them wrong.

With a final deep breath I force myself to smile and make my way to the middle of the stage, not letting my shaking legs deter me. Taylor and Angela smiled encouragingly at me, Taylor gestured for me to look at her. 

'Pretend it's only us' She mouths, and I nod before looking towards the DJ and bowing my head to begin. The opening chords started to play and I  knew I had the whole restaurants attention but I only looked at my table. Locking eyes with Angela for support. I noticed Taylor was filming in my peripheral and this only made me focus harder on Angela before I ran off the stage...

"Listen to the song here in my heart
A melody I start but can't complete
Listen to the sound from deep within
It's only beginning to find release

Oh, the time has come for my dreams to be heard
They will not be pushed aside and turned
Into your own all 'cause you won't
Listen

Listen, I am alone at a crossroads
I'm not at home in my own home
And I've tried and tried to say what's on mind
You should have known

Oh, now I'm done believing you
You don't know what I'm feeling
I'm more than what you made of me
I followed the voice you gave to meBut now I've gotta find my own

You should have listened
There is someone here inside
Someone I thought had died so long ago

Oh, I'm screaming out and my dreams'll be heard
They will not be pushed aside on words
Into your own all 'cause you won't
Listen

Listen, I am alone at a crossroads
I'm not at home in my own home
And I've tried and tried to say what's on mind
You should have known

Oh, now I'm done believing you
You don't know what I'm feeling
I'm more than what you made of me
I followed the voice you gave to meBut now I've gotta find my own

I don't know where I belong
But I'll be moving on
If you don't, if you won'tListen to the song here in my heart
A melody I start but I will complete

Oh, now I'm done believing you
You don't know what I'm feelingI'm more than what you made of me
I followed the voice you think you gave to me

But now I've gotta find my own, my own" I finished hitting every note to the best of my ability. It was quiet for a few seconds after the song came to an end, I felt like the silence was echoing in my ears before everyone in the restaurant erupted into applause. I blush hard as I can't help but smile, I give a slight nod to the crowd before walking off and giving my microphone back to an overly happy and impressed DJ.

I made my way back to the table, getting smiles from all the tables on my way past. Taylor met me halfway, engulfing me in an airtight hug. I hugged her back with the same amount of volition.

"Incredible!" she compliments in complete awe. We then released each other noticing everyone still gawking awkwardly. I start to make my way over to the table after whispering a slightly shy 'thank you' to Taylor. Angela also wrapped me up in a tight hug when I reached our table. I took my seat and turned to see Taylor taking the microphone from a shocked DJ.

"Hello everyone. What you heard just now is my new acquaintance and a possibly upcoming star, Bella! I don't know if I can compare to that incredible performance but I will try" she boasts through the microphone and the crowd applause, glancing in my direction with an array of looks. I blush and look down as everyone's eyes seemed to assess me further, praying that Taylor would start singing soon to divert the attention. I glance up to see Taylor nod in the general direction of the DJ that still seemed to be dazed, I swear I saw him pinch himself from the corner of my eye.

"I remember when we broke up the first time

Saying, "This is it, I've had enough," 'cause like

We hadn't seen each other in a month

When you said you needed space. (What?)

Then you come around again and say

"Baby, I miss you and I swear I'm gonna change, trust me."

Remember how that lasted for a day?

I say, "I hate you," we break up, you call me, "I love you."

Ooh, we called it off again last night

But ooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you

We are never ever ever getting back together,

You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me

But we are never ever ever ever getting back together

Like, ever...

I'm really gonna miss you picking fights

And me falling for it screaming that I'm right

And you would hide away and find your peace of mind

With some indie record that's much cooler than mine

Ooh, you called me up again tonight

But ooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you

We are never, ever, ever getting back together

You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me (talk to me)

But we are never ever ever ever getting back together

Ooh, yeah, ooh yeah, ooh yeah

Oh oh oh

I used to think that we were forever ever

And I used to say, "Never say never..."

Uggg... so he calls me up and he's like, "I still love you,"

And I'm like... "I just... I mean this is exhausting, you know, like,

We are never getting back together. Like, ever"

No!

We are never ever ever getting back together

You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me

But we are never ever ever ever getting back together

We, ooh, getting back together, ohhh,

You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me (talk to me)

But we are never ever ever ever getting back together" she finished singing, seeming to have used every corner of the stage and somehow managed to make eye contact with everyone in the restaurant. Her stage presence was incredible, everyone in this place felt a connection and all she did was sing one song. She really was amazing! The crowd erupted into applause once again but this time it was for someone who deserved it a lot more. I clapped as hard as I could, feeling the supportive grin that I couldn't wipe from my face. Seeing her perform like that, it inspired me. I wanna be able to perform and work the stage like she does. I know it will take a while to get there but I knew that little by little with hers and others guidance, I would get there. She walked off the stage and after handing the microphone back, she headed towards the table with everyone staring at her she took a seat just as the food had come out. We started to eat knowing that a few people were still watching us, trying to make ourselves as normal and mundane as any other person here. Hoping that they would get bored and look away, but it never happened.

"So Bella where are you going after your finished here?" she asked curiously.

"Car shopping, I have saved up some money and was gifted a bit so I am getting rid of my beloved truck and getting some type of new car" I explained, trying not to bore her with too many details. I felt slightly sad thinking about the fact that my truck wouldn't be my main form of transport anymore, but it was definitely time. Even coming here today was a struggle and I have to admit being restricted speed wise had slowed down the journey ridiculously. I didn't want anything overly flashy like Rosa-... just something slick and convenient to get around in.

"Do you mind if I join you, I could help you chose and keep you guys company" she offered in an nonchalant way. I was surprised she didn't have any plans after this. I would have thought she would be whisked away at any minute to go and cover her pop star duties. But she was so down to Earth and just seemed like another genuine teenager that just wanted to spend time with someone her age.

"We could definitely use the help, plus company is always great. Which car dealership should we try first?" I asked. She looked thoughtful for a second, as she whispered back to a security guard standing just behind her.

" I say first we go to Audi, Mercedes, then maybe Lotus" she said "and if they don't have anything you like then we'll contemplate where to next?" she asked, repeating the advice she was given by her guard.

"Ok, sounds good. Hopefully I find something without having to go to too many" I say sheepishly, not wanting to drag the girls through multiple car dealerships if I didn't have to. 

Taylor raised her hand signaling a waiter over. I slid her a 50 which she grabbed to hand to the waiter she also put a 50 in.

"Keep the change" she said as she smiled at the shocked waiter. We all got up and walked out of the restaurant.

"Well that was fun. Did you have fun Ange?" I asked my best friend who was smiling brightly.

"Yes!" she yelled. I laughed at her enthusiasm. We put our heads down as soon as the flashes started. we all had our arms linked as the security guards surrounded us once again. It took a while to get to the parking lot but we made it.

"Go to Audi first" Taylor said before we unlinked arms and went our separate ways. Most of the media followed Taylor but a few stayed to try to get a response out of me.

"Who are you?" a reporter asked. I ignored him as Taylor had said to do.

"How do you know Taylor?" another asked which I once again ignored. as we reached the truck the media gave up and went to see if Taylor would tell them. I sighed relieved that they had gone. I jumped I the truck as Angela was already inside. The engine roared to life. I pulled out and started in the direction of the closest Audi dealer ship.

............................................................................

Tell what you thought of this chapter.

Please vote and comment.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

131K 3.8K 27
Bella dies when the Cullens are out hunting. But she has a chance to go back to earth. She has a month to complete her task while three things are ch...
32.2K 717 23
Edward has abandoned Bella claiming that he never loved her. She is turned by Alec Volturi, her true mate. Bella learns that she is a special type o...
6.1K 143 16
Book 1 of 2 Timelines: Twilight Ava never knew her life would turn out the way it did now. That she'd turn out the way she did. That was until her wo...
73.7K 1.3K 13
Everyone knows Renesmee Cullen right? Well if you don't you liver under a rock. Well what if Renesmee has a younger twin who is hated by Edward, Bell...