This dance~ ( A Riley Mcdonou...

By Mikayluhhh

A girl who has family problems meets a guy in her dance class named Riley Mcdonough. She had a huge fight wit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
AUTHORS NOTE :)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 9

244 6 0
By Mikayluhhh

*KAYLA'S POV*

I'm here in my room.. Still hugging Riley.

*knock knock*

"Sweetie. It's time for dinner. Riley, why don't you stay for dinner? Go down in 5 minutes or I'll come right back up to get you." Mom said.

We laughed it off and I did some freshening up in the bathroom since my eyes were bloodshot from all the crying.

"We should go downstairs before mother dearest gets us." I said as I combed my hair.

"Let's go." He said as we exit my room and quickly went downstairs.

When we reached the dining room. Our house maid, Lydia, prepared my favorite which was Greek salad with blue cheese.

I quickly pulled Riley to a chair beside me and waited for mom and dad to show up.

"Good you guys are on time for dinner." Mom said entering the dining room.

"Good evening, Honey. Good evening Kayla. And who's this handsome lad beside my wonderful daughter? Is he a suitor?" Dad said with teasing tone in his voice.

"Kind of." Mom said, taking his side.

"You guys love embarassing me don't you?" I said in a smirk.

"We're your parents. Embarassing you is our job." Dad said and mom agreed with a nod.

Riley then rose from his seat and walk towards my dad.

"Good evening Mr. Jones. My name is Riley Mcdonough. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said and shook my dads hand.

I think this is going well.

"It's nice to meet you too Riley!" Dad said cheerfully.

Riley came back beside me and we all sat down, prayed, and ate our dinner.

After dinner, Riley had to go home since his mom doesn't know he's here.

"Goodbye." I said and hugged him tight.

"Goodbye Kayla." He said and kissed my cheek.

I was shocked and wide eyed when he planted one on my cheek.

Riley suddenly chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?" I said quite confused.

"You're red as a tomato." He said and smiled widely.

I was blushing. And he saw it! How embarassing. I'm never gonna live this down. Oh well, he knows how I feel about him and he feels the same. I shouldn't be embarassed right? After that I just smiled at him and greeted each other goodbye for one last time and I let him leave. He said he'll just text me when he gets home. (I gave my number after dinner.)

*RILEY'S POV*

After our one last goodbye. I left for the gate and then I suddenly heard the doors open and again and saw her mom run towards me.

"You should know it's her birthday tomorrow. Make her happy." She said and left me.

I have to get her something or do something extra special for her big day tomorrow. She's turning 17. And her birthday is also special to me.

*NEXT DAY*

*KAYLA'S POV*

Another new day. And it's my birthday. Maybe everything will go well today. Good thing today's Saturday. Attending school on my birthday would've sucked. I woke up and went to my full body mirror on the corner of my room and looked at my bed head hair and suddenly noticed a green note on the upper right corner of the mirror.

"Happy Birthday, Beautiful! Wear something dressy, I've got a surprise for you. The next note is on your bathroom mirror. Xx -RM" The note said. I know it was from Riley.

I went to the bathroom and looked at the note in the center of my mirror.

"Hey Beautiful. Today, notes will be posted everywhere for you to see your surprise, okay? I've hidden notes everywhere and you have to find every single one to see your surprise and to see me. The next note is on the counter beside your car keys. Xx -RM" The note said.

I took a very QUICK shower and dressed into a black strapless dress that went up to my knees and wore my black vans with it. I straightened my hair and put a little make up and lip gloss and grabbed my phone and purse and rushed downstairs.

I went to the counter in between the kitchen and the dining room and checked beside my car keys. I found the green note and read it.

"Now that you've found this note, I want you to bring your camera right beside your car keys and this note. The next note will be on the front gate. You have to take your car I'm sorry. Happy Birthday Beautiful. Xx -RM"

"hey mom! I'm going out!" I yelled.

"I know! Riley told me and your dad!" She yelled.

Okay that was peculiar. I grabbed my camera and ran to the front gate. And quickly search for the note which was tied with a green box on the handle of the gate. I grabbed it from the gate and quickly read it.

"A gem cannot compare to your beauty... Am I too cheesy? Sorry! Look in the box. It's one of your surprises. I hope you love it. Don't put it on yet. I want to put it on you. Drive to our dance school and you'll find a note on the front door. Xx -RM" the note said.

I opened the green box and it revealed a green gem necklace the was shaped into a heart. And there were letters stuck above it. It was a K and an R. I think it was for Kayla and Riley. It was quite beautiful actually. I loved it.

I ran to my white range rover and drove away to the school which was 20 blocks, so I had to hurry.

When I reached the school, I ran to the front door entrance and there it was. The green note. Stuck on the middle of the two doors. I grabbed it and quickly read to find more of them.

"Hi there Beautiful. There are 3 more notes left. You're getting closer and closer. Next note is at Amy's. Ask her for the note. Xx -RM"

I quickly drove to Amy's and knocked on her door.

"hey girl! I knew you'd be coming. Here's the note that Riley left for you." She said and handed me a note and I hugged her quickly and left her door and went to my car.

I closed the door and read the note.

"You're almost there! I think you're going to love the surprise I have in store for you. It's special as you. 2 more notes! Next note is at your own dance studio. Can't wait to see you! Xx -RM"

I quickly drove to my dance studio and search for the note. It wasn't at the front door and I guess it was inside. I went in and found a note on the mirrors.

"hey beautiful. I'm gonna make this easy for you. The last note is on the desk. Find it and go to the address written on it. Xx -RM"

I quickly grabbed the note on the desk and read.

"Go to the sports store. 10 blocks ahead. More notes. Sorry beautiful. It will be worth it, promise. Xx-RM"

I didn't mind the notes. I loved searching for my surprise. And I can't wait to see Riley. I think it's pretty cute that he did this for me.

I quickly drove away to the sports store. And found a note on the floor in front of the store.

"Go left then straight ahead. Notes will be infront of every store you stop at and the last note is where my surprise is. Xx -RM"

I went to straight to the next store and found a note.

"Happy Birthday Beautiful! Xx -RM"

I smiled at the note and ran to the next store ahead. I looked at the floor and saw yet again another note.

"Will" it said.

'Will'? What's this? I asked myself confused.

I ran to People are People store and found a note.

"You" every note seemed more confusing.

I ran to the Top shop and another note again in front of it.

"Be my" what? Still cannot understand the note.

The next was a restaurant, CYMA GREEK TAVERNA and quickly searched for the note. I quickly found the note infront of the door.

"Girlfriend? <3" still a little confused and then opened the door to see Riley and hist three brothers holding guitars and they started singing "Beautiful Soul" my fave song of Jesse Mccartney.

As they were singing, tears were building up in my eyes and I started to realized and get what was written on the last few notes and I read it all together.

"Will" "You" "Be my" "Girlfriend? <3"

"I don't want another pretty face. I don't want just anyone to hold. I don't want my love to go to waste. I want you and your beautiful soul." With that, the song ended, leaving me with tears of joy.

-----------------

What will happen next on her birthday part 2??? :) Hahaha hope you guys enjoyed. Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 116 14
Clarisse Jimenez is you everyday normal girl. She has an older sister and a best friend. One day a boy named Riley McDonough came into the picture. W...
4.3K 91 14
It's the end of tour! Kendall and Toby are back at school with Natalie, and everything's perfect! Or so they all thought. After what happened on tour...
41.3K 1K 18
Claire, a girl from a high-end suburb of New York City can relate with anyone who has had it all, only to have it all abruptly taken away from them...
21.9K 489 29
Jazzabelle Grande is Braiden Wood's cousin. In Before You Exit, they promised they would never like anyone of them's family member. But what happens...