The Hunting Hour - A Criminal...

By bonniegreyfics

Agent Prentiss is living a good life in DC with her daughter Bella. But Doyle is looking for revenge and Emil... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Joyfull Season
Chapter 2: Christmas
Chapter 3: A Family
Chapter 4: Midnight Fire
Chapter 5: A Visitor From Paris
Chapter 6: Am I In Danger?
Chapter 7: Lauren
Chapter 8: Lies
Chapter 9: Only You
Chapter 10: End This
Chapter 11: Taken
Chapter 12: Innocent
Chapter 13: Torture
Chapter 14: Declan
Chapter 15: Doyle vs
Chapter 16: Destruction
Chapter 17: Pain
Chapter 18: Long Rode Ahead
Chapter 19: Letters
Chapter 20: Funerals
Chapter 21: She Needs Me
Chapter 22: Distractions
Chapter 23: Holding On
Chapter 24: Quiet
Chapter 25: Small And Determined
Chapter 26: Not Ready
Chapter 27: She's Not Okay
Chapter 28: The World Out There
Chapter 29: It's In The Blood
Chapter 30: Paris
Chapter 31: Please Help Me
Chapter 32: Small Steps
Chapter 33: Check-Up
Chapter 34: Chaos
Chapter 35: A Little Light
Chapter 36: Before The Storm
Chapter 37: More Like Hurricane
Chapter 38: Blown Up
Chapter 39: The Case Is Over
Chapter 40: You Are Family
Chapter 41: All She Wanted
Chapter 42: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 43: Time Helps
Chapter 44: Thunderstorms
Chapter 45: Panic
Chapter 46: JJ and Hotch
Chapter 47: The Team Is Lucky To Have You
Chapter 48: Welcome Back
Chapter 49: Stop Fighting
Chapter 50: Small Steps Big Achievements
Chapter 51: The Girl Behing The Red Door
Chapter 52: The Top Of The Hill
Chapter 53: Just Us Two
Chapter 54: Better Times
Chapter 55: Moving On
Chapter 56: Dad
Chapter 57: Baby Don't You Cry
Chapter 58: A Spark
Chapter 60: Together

Chapter 59: A House Is Not A Home

1.4K 38 16
By bonniegreyfics

"So I guess this is it" Emily told Penelope.
Garcia gave her a sad smile.

"We'll see you guys soon" Penelope said and hugged Bella. "Be good for your mama and I expect you to call and text me every single day. Do you understand?"

"Yes" Bella smiled.

"Pen, we'll probably see you tomorrow. Calm down" Emily said and Penelope and Derek laughed.
But Bella didn't.

She walked to Derek as Emily hugged Penelope.

"Enjoy the playroom" Derek said as they hugged.

Emily let go of Penelope and Bella stayed hugging Derek tight. So they just watched them.

"Let's go?" Emily asked Bella.

But the small girl didn't let go.

Derek made her do so and he saw she had tears streaming down her face.
"Oh princess" he said and scooped her up. "It's okay" he said as she rested her head on his shoulder. He just held her for a while and her crying subsided so he put her down.
"I'll promise I'll stop by tomorrow so we can enjoy that pool with Lulu, okay?" He told her.

Bella nodded as tears kept rolling down her cheeks.

He hugged her again. "I love you" Derek said.

"I love you too" Bella said and Derek let go of the hug.

"Let's go?" Emily asked and Bella nodded yes. The girl turned to look at her mom and hugged her and cried. Emily picked her up.

"She'll be okay" Emily told them. "I'll see you guys soon then"

"See ya" Garcia said.

Emily carried Bella to the car and the girl buckled up. Emily got in the drivers seat and before closing the door she waved goodbye.
Morgan threw one arm over Penelope's shoulders and they waved back.
Emily drove away.

Derek and Penelope failed to keep their tears in as they watched her drive down the road.

"It's just a different house, it's the same us" Penelope said and Derek smiled and hugged her.

"Do you want me to drop you off?" He asked.

"I'd love that" she smiled and they headed to the car.

Derek took Penelope to her apartment and then headed back to his. He felt so weird walking inside that big house that was now very quiet. He walked to Isabella's bedroom and smiled when he saw the girl had replaced one of the pictures on her nightstand. He picked it up and his eyes filled with tears. It was a picture they had taken on the night of Isabella's last Choir show. Everyone was there. The team, Jeremy, Gavin, Chloe, Hilary and even little Millie. And right between Emily and Him was Bella with a huge smile on her face.
He put the picture down and walked out of the room. He knew she would be okay. He knew she was strong and that with all those people around, she would be just fine.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

When they got home, Emily and Bella sat in the living room. The girl had stopped crying on their way to the house.

"I already said this but I will say it a million times. You are safe here and it's going to be okay. You are okay." Emily said throwing one arm around the girl.

Bella gave her a small smile and took a deep breath.

"So what do you say... movie and then pizza to celebrate?" Emily asked.

"Sure" Bella smiled reminding herself to allow herself to be happy and feel okay. She was a little scared but as she had heard so many times she couldn't let that stop her. She loved the new house, she loved her mom and she was happy too.

So that night Emily and Bella hung out at their new house for the first time. Everything looked beautiful just like Emily wanted.

"Mom, when will the movie room be ready?" Bella asked as Emily put the second movie of the night on.

"I ordered a few things online so we're gonna have to wait for it to be delivered" Emily said walking back to the couch. The movie room/basement was the only place unfinished.

They ordered pizza and finished watching the movie. Later Bella showered and went to get ready for bed while Emily finished organizing her closet.

The girl finished and went to her mother's bedroom.

"Come on, I'll tuck you in" Emily said but Bella didn't move.
"Get on my bed" Emily smiled just knowing and Bella jumped on the bed. She got under the covers and Emily tucked her in.

"I'm gonna shower and I'll be right back" Emily said.

"Did you lock everything?" Bella asked trying not to look nervous but failing.

"Yes and I've checked it twice when you were showering."

Bella smiled and turned to the side. Emily kissed her temple and went to the bathroom.
A while later Emily walked back in the room and Bella was still awake which she thought was odd. The girl seemed tired and usually she ended up falling asleep while waiting for Emily.
Emily closed the door, turned the light off and went to bed. Bella snuggled up to her and she embraced the girl.
Bella tried to relax as Emily ran her fingers through her hair but she failed. She was starting to feel panicky again.
Emily did that for a long time and from time to time she would check to see if the girl was sleeping. After the 10th time Emily had to ask.

"Honey, is everything okay?" Emily asked.

"My back hurts" Bella said refusing to look up.

"Oh Bella" Emily said feeling bad knowing the girl was lying. She hugged the girl tight and Bella bursted into tears.
Emily rubbed circles on the child's back and prayed she would calm down. But the 9 year old just kept crying.

"Sweetheart what's wrong?" Emily asked but Isabella didn't answer.
"You don't feel safe here with me?" Emily asked.

"I don't know" Bella said.

"Sit up. Let's talk" Emily said and they sat up and rested their backs on the head of the bed.
"You were so excited about moving and about your bedroom. You were the one that said that was ready for this" Emily said.

"I thought I was because I wanted to stay with you. But knowing that Derek is not here is scaring me a little" Bella said almost unable to finish.

Emily pulled Bella to her lap. "Laid down and try to sleep" she said holding the girl tight like she usually did. Bella got into a comfortable position and closed her eyes.
But she failed to go to sleep.

"I want Derek" she cried. "Can you call him?" Bella asked.

"Sweetheart, I am right here with you. You're okay. Mommy is right here" Emily said not wanting to bother Morgan at 1 in the morning.

"No, I want him" Bella cried. "I'm sorry" she said and hid her face on her mother's chest.

Emily was torn. She wanted to get control over the situation but the girl was clearly scared and she didn't want to push Bella too much. She was afraid Bella wouldn't want to stay with her if she pushed her too much so she said okay and went to call Derek.

.

Derek was getting ready for bed when his phone rang. He saw "Emily" written on the screen and had a pretty good idea of the reason she was calling so late.

"Is she crying?" He said first thing.

"Yeah. She's asking for you and honestly I don't know what to do" Emily said and took a seat on the couch. She had left Bella in the room after saying she was going to get them some water and call Derek.

"I'll be right there" Derek said grabbing his tshirt. He hung up, put his tshirt and some shorts on and headed to Emily's house.

When he got there he rang the bell and Emily soon opened the door.
"She's in my room" Emily said. Derek walked to the stairs and found Bella making her way down. The little girl ran to him.

"Oh princess, what happened?" He asked lifting her up.

"I'm sorry" she said.

"Shuuu it's okay" he said rocking her slightly and walking to the couch in the living room. He sat down and placed her on his lap. "You got scared?" He asked.

"Yeah. I couldn't sleep. And all I could think about was that I was gonna need you and you wouldn't be here and I started to feel sick like I used to" Bella said and just cried. "I got scared. I don't wanna feel like that" the little girl cried scared that more panic attacks were coming.

"Bella, anything I can do your mom can do too. There's no reason for you to be so scared" Derek said in a attempt to calm her down. Emily sat on the other couch and just watched.

"That's not true" Bella said.

"Yes it is." Derek said. "I promise you that she will stay here and she won't let anything bad happen to you"

Emily moved to the couch they were sitting. "I promise you, Bells. I know you're scared but you're safe" she said and Bella looked at her.

"Look I'll stay here tonight. So you'll get used to the new house. It's gonna be okay. You don't need to cry. You could've just told us earlier. I'd would've come with you" he said looking at Emily for approval. Emily nodded.

"He can stay in the guest room" Emily said.

"Do you think that would help?" Derek asked Bella.

"Yeah" the girl cried.

"Alright" Derek smiled. "Let's wash your face and we can watch a movie here together" he said making her sit up straight.

"Come on" Emily said holding out a hand.
Derek made Bella stand up and she took Emily's hand.

Without saying a word or even looking at her mom, the girl followed Emily to the bathroom and washed her face.
Bella dried her face and looked up. Emily's face broke her heart. Her mom looked hurt. "I'm sorry" the girl cried.
Emily simply picked her up and held the child's head on her shoulder. "It's okay. It's okay. I know it's a lot" Emily said as she rocked Bella. She took the girl to the living room and they sat down with Derek on the big couch. Bella right in the middle. Emily put Matilda on, knowing how much the girl loved that movie. They just sat there with her, Emily held her hand as Bella rested her head on Derek's arm.

Twenty six minutes into the movie the girl was asleep.

"I had a feeling this would happen" Emily admitted. "She was a little upset when we stayed in your house by ourself too."

"I thought it would happen too" Derek said. "But she'll be okay. It's a big change. But she'll be alright"

Emily let out a breath and said "I hope so"

"She will. Don't worry" Derek smiled.

Emily smiled at him.

"I'm sorry for calling so late" she said.

"Oh Em it's fine. That's what dads are for, right?" He said and she laughed.

"Thank you for everything" Emily said. It was true and heartfelt. Again that different, yet good, feeling came to her.

"I love her and I'll always be here for her" he said. "And for you too" he added.

"Thank you" Emily smiled and she felt like she was being strongly pulled to him.
"There's leftover pizza. Do you want some?" She asked to change the subject.

"Sure" Derek said.

They got up and Derek made Bella lay down on the couch and they headed to the kitchen. Emily got him the pizza and then went to get a plate. Suddenly she tripped and the plate fell making a loud noise as it cracked. She went down to get it and Morgan went down in front of her.
Emily got two pieces and Derek got three. Derek went to get the fourth and Emily went for the same one. Their hands touched and they looked up.
Derek stared at Emily's dark brown eyes and something was different. He got closer to her and before she could say anything they kissed.

For a moment the world seemed to have disappeared. All Emily thought was her and Derek and how it was feeling so right.

Derek stopped and stared at her waiting for her reaction. She managed a small smile. Derek laughed which made Emily laugh too. They stood up and put the pieces of the plate on the sink. Emily looked at Morgan and he just went for it.
This time they were French kissing.
Both too busy to notice the small 9 year-old girl watching everything from the couch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 497 67
❝ They both looked at each other, eyes floating over each other's faces exploring every little detail almost like they were tattooing this moment int...
Please By A

Fanfiction

8.6K 135 22
Aaron Hotchner and Emily Prentiss are having an extremely rocky marriage. Will they be able to survive it all? Trigger Warning: Domestic Violence/Rap...
284K 6.1K 43
Emily Prentiss runs into a special someone who turns her whole life upside down. What happens when a girl arrives at the BAU with no family at all, b...
155K 3K 54
y/n starts to fall for her coworker emily prentiss but she knows she could never feel the same way so she made a promise to herself to keep her feeli...