What Waits Along the Shore

By unionjack11

When Abby moves to Summer Bay she doesn't expect anything out of the ordinary to occur. But when Cameron Quis... More

Chapter 1- Hawaiian Goddess
Chapter 2- Barbie
Chapter 3- Whimp
Chapter 4- Darlin'
Chapter 5- Cutie pie
Chapter 7- Ok girls
Chapter 8- Sleepy Head
Chapter 9- Bella
Chapter 10- Mrs. Fancy
Chapter 11- Helloooo Ladies
Chapter 12- Girlfriend
Chapter 13- Fine
Chapter 14- It's Abby
Chapter 15- Hazy
Chapter 16- Fiancee
Chapter 17- Doctor
Chapter 18- Mum
Chapter 19- Bud
Chapter 20- Doctor Who?
Chapter 21- Zach
Chapter 22- Don't think so bro
Chapter 23- Baby Daddy
Not Another Happy Ending

Chapter 6- Corny

471 6 2
By unionjack11

Sooo..... What did you guys think? Please don't be afraid to comment! So a new character is being introduced soon and some more drama is occuring. Hope you guys are enjoying it so far. Don't forget to tell your friends about it if you're enjoying it :D

FAN and VOTE!!

~G xx

Chapter 6- Corny

I was overheating and tried to push the covers off of me but when I opened my eyes I realized that it was Cameron. Our legs were intertwined under the covers and one of his arms was slung across my stomach while the other was under my neck. I rolled around so that I was facing him and nuzzled into him. He was quiet for a few minutes, but then eventually stretched out. He opened one eye and looked down at me, smiled, and then opened the other. His gorgeous face was lit up with a huge grin, his eyes bright. His hair was a mess from where I had been running my hands through it and his lips were slightly swollen from when we were kissing. I grinned up at him and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling myself up to kiss him. I was completely exposed but felt so comfortable in his embrace. I kissed him one last time before getting out of bed, much to Cameron’s disappointment. He held on to my wrist and tried to pull me back into the bed, whining when I resisted. I walked over to my desk and grabbed my bra, found my underwear hanging off the lamp and picked Cameron’s shirt up off my floor. I pulled on my underwear and the bra and put on Cameron’s shirt, memorizing his smell. He laughed at me as I walked across my bedroom to my drawers to grab a pair of shorts. He got out of bed and snuck up behind me, grabbing me around the waist. I laughed and turned around to kiss him.

“Abby, we’re home!” I froze; my lips still pressed against Cameron’s, my eyes wide in fear.

“Shit! They aren’t supposed to be here! Umm,” I panicked, looking around the room. Cameron’s expression mirrored mine, his hands still on my hips. I looked at him and freaked out.

“Put some clothes on!” I whisper-yelled “If they come up here and find you naked, you’re dead” I said, whipping off his shirt and handing it to him before grabbing one of mine from the draw. Cameron was struggling to put on his jeans as I ran around my room and tidied it up; I remade the bed, fluffed the pillows, and opened my bedroom window to air it out a bit. I then ran into my washroom and splashed my face with water, ran a brush through my hair and looked at myself in the mirror. ‘It’s not the worst that could happen’ I whispered to myself, ‘they’ve caught you with a boy before, just act like nothing happened.’ I nodded my head and walked out of the bathroom towards Cameron. He was sitting on the edge of my bed, a look of fear spread across his face. He stood up when he saw me and gave a nervous smile. I grinned at him and opened my bedroom door heading out to the landing.

“Abby wait,” Cameron grabbed my wrist, “I’ve never done anything like this before, I’m not great with meeting parents” he brow furrowed and I gave him a gentle smile.

“Don’t worry about it, my dad can be a tight-ass but he knows that I love you, and my mum is all about summer love so she’ll be easy to win over. Just don’t talk about the bedroom” I reassured him, reaching up onto my tippy toes to give him a kiss. I turned around and marched confidently down the stairs to find my parents waiting in the kitchen. They eyed Cameron suspiciously as he followed behind me looking like a scared puppy. I walked up to my dad and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“So, where were you guys?” I asked, not giving them a chance to comment about Cameron’s presence in the room. My dad dragged his eyes from Cameron to me and cleared his throat before he responded.

“We went to visit your Aunt Lilah with Tyler and ended up staying a little longer than expected due to problems with the road.” Just as my dad had finished Tyler barged into the room, grinning when he say me.

“Abby!! Aunt Lilah has a Great Dane, her name is Shirley, she’s awesome!” he exclaimed, and then patted down to pet Walter on the head, “But not as awesome as you.” Walter barked, as if agreeing with Tyler’s statement, causing everyone in the kitchen to laugh. When Tyler stood up and saw Cameron he smiled.

“Hey Cameron! Wanna’ see my scar?” he asked and Cameron nodded, making the appropriate gagging noises when Tyler showed him. My mum laughed and breezed around the kitchen, starting dinner, while my dad just sat at the island, giving Cameron a death glare. I cleared my throat and asked Tyler to leave the room. Once he had left I grabbed Cameron’s hand and looked at my parents. My dad’s eyebrows raised and a huge grin spread across my mum’s face when I finally made the announcement.

“Cameron and I,” I declared, giving Cameron’s hand a squeeze, “are dating.” Cameron gave a nervous smile, making me laugh and I wrapped his arm around my shoulder. My dad stood up and walked over to Cameron, his hand outstretched. Cameron took it cautiously and grimaced when my dad shook it. Once his hand had been released he looked from my dad to me.

“Guess I know where you got the firm handshake then” he laughed, making me smile. My dad’s face softened slightly, and I thought I saw a smile play at the corner of his mouth. My mum squealed and enveloped Cameron into a hug. He smiled awkwardly when she released him and turned to me.

“Mr. Robson,” his voice wavered, “I was wondering if I could take your daughter out.” My mum smiled and wrapped her arms around my dad. My dad nodded his head.

“Let me make this clear,” he demanded, “you hurt my daughter and you’re screwed” Cameron gulped and nodded his head, a panicked look on his face. My dad smiled, clearly enjoying Cameron’s discomfort.

“Well in that case, have fun kids!” he exited the kitchen leaving Cameron frozen in shook and I trying to comfort him. I pushed him towards the door and he stumbled forward before regaining control of his feet.

“Well, that went well” I joked as he slung his arm around my shoulders. His gaze was distant but he chuckled, pulling me into him. I took a deep breath, the ocean air expanding my lungs. The night was warm and bright, not a cloud in the sky. The sun had started to set, throwing colours across the sky and reflecting off the water. The ocean was calm, the waves breaking quietly as they hit the shore. We walked in each other’s embrace, feeling closer than we were before. His hand found mine and squeezed tight, interlacing our fingers and tracing a heart on the palm of my hands. We walked for a while, not saying anything, comfortable in the silence. Without realizing we had made our way to the boardwalk, alive with activity. The smell of the ocean mingled with waffle cakes and popcorn, teasing us with the mouth-watering scent. The sounds of the waves breaking, and the happy squeals of kids drifted around us, mixing with the sound of arcade games and theme park rides. I dodged out of the way of a toddler running around and smiled at Cameron, enjoying the atmosphere. We found a quiet pizza parlour, a surprise for the time of evening, and settled into a booth. The waitress came out to us and gave us each a menu, lingering when she handed Cameron his. I cleared my throat and smiled at her sweetly, breaking her out of her daze.

“Someone jealous?” Cameron asked, smirking. I glared at him and lifted the menu up, covering my blush.

“Hardly” I mumbled. When the waitress came back we ordered our drinks and settled into a conversation about the future.

“Well if I had a choice I think I would try and get as far away from here as possible” I confessed, taking a sip of my water and placing the glass down on a coaster, lining it up with my cutlery. Cameron made a face and gasped.

“But what about me!?” I laughed, tracing my finger around the rim of my glass. Cameron made a serious face and took my hand into the center of the table.

“Seriously, what about me?” he whispered. I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks and gave Cameron’s hand a gentle squeeze.

“We’ll run away together” his eyes twinkled at the thought and I smiled. The waitress interrupted us when she came to take our order and I pulled my hands back into my lap. We asked for a large pizza to share and Cameron laughed when she glared at me. The pizza took ten minutes and a cute guy brought it over to our table. I said thanks and he gave me a smile, making Cameron scowl. I laughed and we ate our pizza, discussing our plans for the next day.

“There’s a band dinner tomorrow, I want you to be there” Cameron told me, interested in my reply. I smiled and nodded my head.

“What do I wear?” I asked excitedly. Cameron smiled and leaned back, stretching out his arms.

“It doesn’t matter to me, I’ll always think you’re the prettiest girl in the world” he admitted. I leaned over the table and punched him in the arm, laughing.

“Corny!” I teased and he stuck out his tongue.

“I’m serious though” he said and I smiled and leaned across the table, only this time to kiss him. He cradled my face in his hands and kissed my nose after we had pulled back, making me giggle. After we had paid and walked out of the cool restaurant and into the warm night Cameron walked me back home. I walked up the steps into the kitchen still in a daze from being with Cameron when I saw a familiar bag on the counter. I frowned and walked over to it, pausing to let my brain process. Laughing in the living caught my attention and I slowly walked into the room, freezing when I saw who was occupying the couch. There sat Krista, my childhood best friend, in my living room, a month early.

“What are you doing here?!” I squealed as I ran up to her excitedly, pulling her into a tight hug. She smiled and squeezed me back.

“I was in the neighbourhood and figured I would drop by” she responded, joining me in jumping up and down. My mum laughed at the two of us and got up out of her chair.

“I’ll leave you two to catch up” she said before walking out of the room, pausing at the doorway to smile at us.

“So, what’s happening?” I asked jumping onto the couch after we had finished our happy dance. She flopped down next to me and smiled mischievously.

“I’ve got so much to tell you”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 14.6K 94
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
1M 33.7K 80
"๐™พ๐š‘, ๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š–! ๐šƒ๐š ๐š˜ ๐š•๐š’๐š๐š๐š•๐šŽ ๐š—๐šž๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ๐šœ! ๐™ธ๐š'๐šœ ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข'๐š›๐šŽ...๐š๐š˜๐š™๐š™๐šŽ๐š•๐šรค๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š‘...
189K 8.6K 107
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
1.5M 26.5K 55
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...