Chapter 13- Fine

Hey guys! what's up? sorry about not writing sooner, i had to go away due to some family stuff then went on a school trip. but im back! so yeah. i apologise about the next parts being choppy, but you will understand as you read a bit further. how you enjoying it so far? thoughts on Chris? i know one person *cough you know who you are cough* hates him, but what do you others think?

Well here it is!

~G xx

Chapter 13- Fine

‘I always end up here’ I thought to myself. The water, it calmed me. The smell of the salt water mixing with the sweetness of the boardwalk filled my nose and I leant back on my elbows in the sand. What if what I was doing was wrong? Did I make the wrong choice in not telling Cameron? I closed my eyes and let my worries drift away, floating out into the space that made up the ocean, willing myself to forget.

After half an hour of sitting on the damp sand, thinking about Cameron and the boys, and how my life was going to change after I had the baby, I decided to get up. I was grateful that Krista hadn’t come looking for me, I needed the peace and quiet to think about what was going on, to justify my decision to myself. I pushed myself up off the sand and walked over to the stairs leading up to the boards of the boardwalk. I turned back to look at the sun as it slowly disappeared, sinking below the horizon. I knew that my decision had been made and I had to stick to it. I confidently made my way up the steps to the boardwalk and walked over to the restaurant. Krista was still sitting in the booth with Chris, who had a guilty look on his face.

“I’m sorry for what I said” he said quietly. I nodded my head and motioned for him to move over so I could sit in the booth next to him.

“I want to go home” I said as I looked across the table at Krista. She knew that something was up but didn’t question me, just smiled knowingly.

“I’m going to stay here for a bit, Chris; you want to stay with me?” Krista asked looking at Chris, knowing that I wanted some more time to myself. He nodded his head and pulled his keys out of his pocket.

“Here, just text me when you get home ok?” he asked handing them over to me. I nodded my head and smiled, standing up and heading out of the doors of the restaurant. When I had reached the car I put the keys in the ignition and started it up, anxious to get home and talk to Cameron. I pulled out of the parking lot and turned onto the main street.

I turned the wheel as I moved the car into the fast lane, picking up speed to get myself home faster.

The beep of a horn brought me out of my furious daze, my anger seeping out of me as I started to regain my focus on the road. My phone started to ring from the passenger seat, causing me to glance over at it. Chris face shone on the caller ID and I reached out to grab it, my anger starting to build up again.

“What do you want?” I demanded angrily down the line, not caring that he had just apologized.

“I just wanted to check on you” he replied.

“Well I’m just fi……………….”

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP