Chapter 20- Doctor Who?

Chapter 20!! its got some interesting stuff in it, even though its short!!

Chapter 20- Doctor

Abby’s PoV

“It’s time to get up!” Jessie announced as she walked into the room with a wheelchair, stopping it right in front of my bed with it and rushing over to open the curtains. I pushed myself up in my bed, struggling under the weight of my belly. Jessie helped pull me up and out of the bed and walked me over to the wheelchair. I sat down in it and looked up at her.

“So where are we going?” I asked.

“You have an appointment today with a counsellor” she replied with a smile, stepping behind me to push me out of my small room into the large hallway of the hospital.

“But what for? I don’t understand” I replied, suddenly feeling nervous.

“We are trying to jog your memory, we want to investigate the extent of your brain injury” she replied, heading towards the west wing of the hospital. She pushed me through the doors into one of the large offices and stopping me in front of the couch. She helped me out of the chair and I plopped myself down on the couch, looking around the room expectantly. A door on the opposite side of the room opened and in walked a lady.

“Hi Abby, I’m Dr. Barnsworth” she told me, sitting down opposite me. I smiled at her and settled down into the couch. She pulled out a note pad and turned to face me again.

“Do you know why you’re here?” she asked and I shook my head, “We are going to try and bring back your memory” she told me. I nodded my head, still slightly confused. She told me to lie down and put soothing music on in the background.

“Ok Abby,” her voice was soothing, lulling me into a sleepy state, “We are going to start with when you moved here. Go back to that day, when you were unpacking your room” I squeezed my eyes shut and willed myself to remember.

“Boxes, everywhere…. And noises, lots and lots of noises” I whispered, “I see my mum in the kitchen and then I’m gone and and…..” I trailed off, moaning in frustration. Dr. Barnsworth noticed and reassured me.

“Good job Abby!” she said, patting my hand lightly, “Now is there anything else?” she asked and I close my eyes again.

“There are people, and I’m in someone else’s house, and there’s music, but that’s all I remember” I said.

“Ok well we’ve done enough for today but Abby what you did was amazing!” Dr. Barnsworth congratulated me. I grinned at her and moved myself into the wheel chair. Jessie stepped in and pulled me out of the office and back to my room.

“How was it?” she asked as we stepped out of the elevator.

“It was ok, I’m tired now though” I replied, feeling my eyelids drooping. Jessie laughed and stopped the wheelchair in front of my bed. She pulled me up and then settled me down into my bed, tucking me in.

“Goodnight Doll!” she called out over her shoulder as she left the room and closed the door.

“Nigh………” I trailed off, sleep finally sucking me under.

*“Put me down!!” I squealed, hitting the boy on the back. He laughed and kept running around with me over his shoulder.

“Stop it!!” I whined, desperate to be put down.

“No. I’m sorry does anyone hear something?” he asked the others, still laughing. I groaned and pounded my fists on his back.

“ZACH!!! LET ME DOWN!” I screamed and he stopped before dropping me like a hot potato.*

I sat upright and looked around the room. Zach was in my dream, that didn’t make any sense, but he did act like he had known me forever when he came into visit I thought to myself. I rolled over and stared at the curtains, desperate to be out of this room and home already. I sat up again, unable to get comfortable and grabbed my cellphone off the table. I dialed a number that for some reason I knew by heart and pressed the phone to my ear.

“Abby?” a familiar voice asked, sounding tired. I nodded my head even though they couldn’t see.

“Who is this again?” I asked, embarrassed.

“It’s Cameron,” he replied, sounding more awake, “Are you ok?”

“Yes, I just had a weird dream” I told him. There was shuffling on the other side of the phone before he replied.

“What was it?” he asked, intrigued.

“Zach was in it,” I whispered, the line was quiet, “Helloo??”