Chapter 10- Mrs. Fancy

Woooo!!! uploading spree!! hope you guys enjoy the chapter.... and what do you guys thing about Chris?????? FAN VOTE COMMENT!!!

~G

The sun shone in my eyes, and I snapped them open stretching out. My arm hit someone and I heard an ‘Ow’ from under the covers. I slowly lifted them up and saw Krista, her hand over her eye.

“What are you doing in here!?” I yelped. She laughed and propped herself up on her elbows.

“Well good morning to you too. And you couldn’t sleep last night so you asked me to come in here, remember?” I shook my head and placed my feet on the fluffy carpet, slowly pushing myself out of bed. I walked into my bath room and took in my reflection. I lifted up my shirt and eyed my stomach, noticing the slightest bump starting to form.

“Krista!” I screamed and she came running in, looking at my reflection to.

“That’s so weird!” she said, pulling up her shirt to look at her stomach which was perfectly flat.

“Put that away” I said, swatting her hands and she laughed, dropping the hem of her shirt. I washed my face quickly and brushed my teeth, putting on the minimal amount of makeup. I grabbed a baggy t-shirt, suddenly self-conscious, and a pair of shorts before walking down to find my mum in the kitchen.

“Here’s the list of what I want you to get, head to the grocery store in Ocean City, it will be less busy than the Save-Right because of the vacationers.” She said, taking a sip of coffee and passing me the note.

“But Ocean City’s 20 minutes away!” I whined, not wanting to be stuck in the car all day.

“Have fun!” my mum replied. I grabbed my car keys and waited at the bottom of the stairs for Krista, telling her the plan when she reached me. On the ride down to Ocean City we agreed to heading to a pharmacy first where we could find some vitamins and stuff for me and the baby, figuring we wouldn’t have to worry about bumping into someone who knew my family down there. I pulled into a parking spot and we got out of the car, breathing in the fresh air as we made our way over to the pharmacy. Krista opened the door and I let out a sigh of relief when the cool air hit me. I hurried in and looked at the isles, trying to decide which one to try first. I couldn’t see an isle for baby stuff so I headed over to the counter on the far side of the store.

“Excuse me, could you help me find the isle for pregnancy items?” I asked, clearing my throat slightly.

“Yes…. Abby?” a shocked look was on the blond hair blue eyed boy. ‘Shit!’ I thought to myself. There in front of me was Chris, the guy who cut the lawn, and the guy who was coming to dinner tonight. I felt a blush creep up the back of my neck and onto my face as my eyes dropped to my feet.

“Hey Abby, find it yet?” I heard Krista ask from behind me. I shook my head, still looking at my feet.

“I’ll show you the way” Chris smirked as he opened up the little door and came out to stand by us.

“What exactly is it that you’re looking for?” he asked cheekily.

“Pregnancy vitamins” Krista responded, earning an elbow in the ribs from me.

“Ouffff” she yelped, rubbing her side. I glared at her and turned to look at Chris who was still smirking.

“Long story short, you tell my mum I kill you” I threatened and he lifted his arms up to defend himself again.

“My lips are sealed” he said with a wink and waltzed off to isle 3.

“Shannon! How are you?” I heard a women’s voice downstairs. I wiped the condensation from the mirror and looked at my reflection. I grabbed my underwear from the counter and pulled it on, dropping the towel on the floor and looked at myself in the full length mirror on my door. My bump was still there and growing fast, looking bigger than it did yesterday. I pulled on a pair of pants that were a little tight and a cute baggy shirt, and walked down the stairs, my hair still wet and my face free of makeup. Chris was leaning against the counter opposite the fridge with a glass in his hand. He looked up when I cleared my throat and smirked at me.