Chapter 8- Sleepy Head

Hey guys, so should i continue? i don't know what you want me to do, so for the hell of it i'm going to continue updating and hope that you all VOTE FAN and COMMENT

Thanks

~Gxx

Chapter 8- Sleepy Head

I sprinted to the washroom and threw open the toilet lid, hunching over and clutching stomach as it emptied out its contents. I heard someone come in a pull my hair out of my face and rubbing soothing circles on my back. After I had lowered myself back to the floor I rested my head against my arm, the sweat cool against my clammy skin. A cool sensation spread out across the base of my neck as a cold cloth was pressed against it. I slowly lifted my head up to find Krista with a concerned look on her face as she brought the cloth up to my face. I smiled weakly at her and stood up slowly, supporting myself on the sink. Once I was up I gingerly made my way to my bed, settling down on the comforter. I lay on my side and pulled my knees up to my chest, closing my eyes. I felt the bed dip behind me as Krista lay down next to me. She started to rub my back again and hummed my favourite song, soothing me back to sleep. A million thoughts raced through my mind but it slowly switched off, I felt myself being pulled further and further into dream land as everything disappeared.

“Hey sleepy head” a voice rang out as someone walked into the room.  I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. The room was bright with sunshine streaming in through the open balcony doors, the sounds of waves crashing against the shore soothing. I looked over at Krista who was holding a cup of hot tea in her hand smiling at me. She handed it to me and motioned for me to move over.

“I brought something for you” she said, pulling a box out of the pocket of her hoody. She handed me a box of saltine crackers I took them and raised my eyebrows, confused.

“We should make a stop at the pharmacy” she told me, a knowing look on her face. I had no idea what she was talking about but slowly got up and headed to the bathroom closing the door behind me. I plopped myself down on the toilet and looked around the room, my gaze settling on a colourful box in the corner. I counted on my hand, repeating several times.

“No, the last time had to be,” I counted seven fingers, “that’s not right?” I started to panic and got up, walking over to the sink and taking a good look at myself in the mirror.

“It couldn’t be that, not yet” I said aloud to myself.

“Abby? Everything ok?” Krista’s voice travelled through the door. I opened the door and walked out of the washroom, pacing across my room.

“I can’t be” I said aloud, trying to reassure myself.

“Come on, put on some pants and we’ll go to the store?” Krista said, grabbing her purse and running down the stairs. I grabbed my lululemon pants and ran after her, jumped into the car and slamming the door shut. She navigated her way to the pharmacy and found a parking spot. We hopped out of the car and ran into the store, looking for the isle before grabbing the box and paying for it. She sped home and I ran up to my bathroom and slammed the door shut.

“Thirty more seconds” Krista announced as I paced across my room, pulling at my hair.

“Done” she screamed and I rushed over, looking over her shoulder.

“Two lines, what does that mean?” I asked although I already knew the answer. She put the stick down and turned to me, grabbing my hands.

“We can get through this, don’t worry I’ll be here for you,” I burst into tears, “I’ll stay here, I can go to school next semester.” She pulled me into a hug and I held on tight, glad to have her with me.