The Cover Girls (A One Direct...

Od MyOwnSelf

Figuring out who you are is never easy. It's a labyrinth, one that you constantly feel alone and lost in. It'... Více

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Look Who's Knocking
Chapter 2 - Soapy Bubbles
Chapter 3 - No One Beats The Queen of Dance
Chapter 4 - Collarbones and Cups
Chapter 5 - Not So Sweet Goodbye
Chapter 6 - Here For You
Chapter 7 - It's ALWAYS A Good Time
Chapter 8 - The House Of April
Chapter 9 - Augustus Waters... 'Nuff Said
Chapter 10 - Russia: The Pancake Country
Chapter 11 - Video Diary Week 131
Chapter 12 - Bonding With Nialler
Chapter 13 - Tonight Tonight
Chapter 14 - Sleepyhead
Chapter 15 - Let's Take A Trip
Chapter 16 - Animal House
Chapter 17 - Twinsies
Chapter 18 - Love Is In the Air
Chapter 19 - The One I've Been Waiting For
Chapter 20 - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
Chapter 21 - You're Beautiful, It's True
Chapter 22 - Nerdy Nerds
Chapter 23 - This Feels Like Falling In Love
Chapter 24 - Shopping Buddies
Chapter 25 - Messy Twister
Chapter 26 - Harold's Birthday
Chapter 27 - Dancing In the Rain
Chapter 28 - She Finally Sees
Chapter 29 - Don't Leave
VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 30 - It'll All Be Okay
Chapter 31 - Together
Chapter 32 - A New Beginning
Chapter 33 - The Screams All Sound The Same
Chapter 34 - Stressed, But Snuggled
Chapter 36 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 1)
Chapter 37 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 2)
Chapter 38 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 3)
Chapter 39 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 4)
Chapter 40 - Homesick
Chapter 41 - My Nightingale
Chapter 42 - Correct Assumptions
Chapter 43 - I Seem To Be Struck By You
Chapter 44 - Mixin' It Up
Chapter 45 - V is for Victory
Chapter 46 - Longer Than Five Seconds
Chapter 47 - Sisterly Instinct
Chapter 48 - Ridiculous News
Author's Note 12/6/14

Chapter 35 - Makin' Bacon

1K 42 6
Od MyOwnSelf

A/N: Shoutout to my friend Ashley, for making me get off my lazy butt and update :) luff you Shlay

OOH LOOK I CHANGED UP THE COVER :D WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? PLEASE TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS!

~Grace xx

-------------------------------------------------------

                                                     ~April~ 

“GOOD MORNING!”

“Shmeh?”

“There’s bacon!”

“SHMEH?!”

That’s how I woke up. Harry had leaned his head into the room I shared with Louis and yelled for us to wake up. However, when “bacon” was spoken, my head shot up from the pillow. As Harry skipped away, strangely chipper for the morning, Louis laughed at me.

I started to tear myself from the bed, but two arms wrapped around my waist and held me back.

“LET GO, THERE’S BACON!” I shouted, scrambling around in the sheets, but not able to escape from his trap. I will admit, though, it’s not a bad problem to have.

“Mmm but I want you here,” Louis mumbled, hair flattened across his forehead. He had pulled me down so I was laying on him, his eyes still closed.

“Well, you can get up too, and have me with you, but I can still have bacon,” I bargained.

One blue eye popped open and a grin was quick to follow it. He started to pull me towards him but before our lips could touch I was out of his grasp, catching him by surprise.

“WE WILL CONTINUE AFTER BACON!” I shouted, zooming from the room and down the stairs.

As I sprint I smooth my hands over my hair, and pull it to the side with a hair band around my wrist. I probably looked awful and horrific, but there was food involved so it was okay.

When I reached the kitchen, all of our friends were sitting around the dining room table. Harry’s parents were nowhere to be found, but considering how loud they were being, I figured they must be out of the house, not sleeping.

“BACON!” I screech, getting their attention.

“Don’t worry sweetie, I saved you a plate,” Kris said, patting the empty seat next to her. A plate was in front of it on the table, piled with loads of bacon, pancakes, and hashbrowns.

“Oooh thank you,” I said, kissing the top of her head as I sat down.

Soon Louis was sauntering into the kitchen, his hair shoved back from his face. He took the seat next to mine and pretended to pout until I kissed him on the cheek.

“So,” Harry said, sitting down at the table so we were all there, “I have a proposal for you guys,” We raised our eyebrows.

“Yeeesssssss?” I inquired.

“Ed called me up last night, and suggested we get together with some friends and go to a karaoke bar as a belated birthday party tonight. So I told him I’d ask you and if you were  up to it, I’d be in. What do you think?”

“You had me at karaoke!” I shouted. Everyone broke into laughter and it was decided that we were all in.

Then it hit me.

“Wait,” I froze with my fork in my hand, “when you say ‘Ed’, do you mean…?”

“Yeah, Ed Sheeran,” Harry nodded.

I felt my hands getting strangely clammy, and a cold sweat breaking out over my skin. I could feel myself start to shake and my eyes widen, the cold air stinging them until they watered.

“Oh my god, April, are you okay?” Kris asked worriedly, a hand on my hand.

“Ed Sheeran,” I whispered, barely able to take a breath, “I’m going to meet Ed Sheeran.”

“Oh,” Kris replied. She understood.

Ed Sheeran was everything to me. I had first heard his song Give Me Love on an episode of The Vampire Diaries years back, and I was immediately in love. His was the first album that I had ever been able to listen to, start to finish, without skipping a single song because I loved them all so much. He was in my top three musician role models, and I looked up to him so much. His attitude, how he didn’t care what people thought about how he looked or what he wore, was inspirational. I always thought that if someone that famous and in the public eye could push past insecurities and accept his flaws, I could too. That, accompanied with the fact that his songs had soothed me on countless nights of not being able to sleep, made him an extremely important figure in my life, even though I had never met him before. But I was going to, within a matter of hours.

“I’m gonna guess you’re a big fan,” Niall said to me from across the table with a big smile, trying to calm me down by staying calm himself. I appreciated it a lot.

“I have put a picture of him on top of my family’s Christmas tree for the past three years. Yes, I am a big fan.”

It seemed to relax the atmosphere as they all laughed. They probably thought I was joking, but no, I had in fact replaced the angel on our tree with a picture of his face. I mean, it was perfect, considering he was an angel AND a star.

“Don’t be worried,” Harry said, his voice still rough with sleep, “Ed’s just a normal lad. I’m sure you’ll get used to him after a bit.”

Doubtfully, I nodded, and changed the subject. I was still a little freaked. I could feel my love for him starting to bubble in my chest and I just hoped it didn’t choose to burst when the guy was standing right in front of me.

When we finished breakfast everyone got up to change. Harry told us not to dress up for the party, so I just put on my trusty red jeans, and an old, faded, Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon shirt. I decided I would wear my black, bright blue, and white Airwalk sneakers, but stayed in just  my llama socks for the time being. We were supposed to meet Ed and a couple other of their friends at seven, so we had some free time.

Apparently Harry’s parents were both at work since it was Monday, and wouldn’t be back until five. The girls and I were a little behind on homework, so we spent most of the time working on our laptops, and then still had a couple hours left, with nothing to do.

Everyone was lounging around in Harry’s living room. Niall, Zayn, and Liam occupied the couch, Louis and I were together in a loveseat, Harry was in an individual chair, and the rest of the girls were spread around the floor. I noticed that Niall was grinning down at his phone, but didn’t have time to ask about it, since my phone vibrated in my pocket.

I pulled out Scarlett, and saw that I had a Twitter notification.

“NiallOfficial: And oh yeh ! I have emojis now ! Rebel”

I burst out laughing, barely able to breath.

“Niall!” I managed to say through my laughter.

“What?” He asked, looking at me strangely.

“I have emojis now! Rebel!” I copied him, holding up my phone and pointing at it.

“Do you have your phone set to tell you when I tweet?!” Niall laughed, but looked a little weirded out.

“I’ve had that since 2011, that is not the point of this,” I replied, with a huge grin on my face, but able to hold back my giggles.

After I explained exactly what happened and we all had a good laugh about it, the room quieted down again. Soon, Harry’s parents arrived and the boys gave up the couch for them to sit. We had just launched into a conversation about the boys’ summer tour when the front door opened.

“Gemma!” Harry exclaimed, jumping up to hug his sister who had appeared. She laughed and hugged him back, a purse in hand.

She greeted her parents and the guys. Harry introduced us girls as his new friends,  and Gemma sat down on the couch.

“So, what’ve you guys been up to?” She asked the lads.

“Not much, but a whole lot, at the same time,” Louis replied, making her raise an eyebrow.

“We all got girlfriends, but other than that it’s been pretty relaxed,” Niall explained.

“Wow, really, who?” Harry pointed to Kris, Niall pointed to Heather, Zayn pointed to Rikki, Liam pointed to Erin, and Louis pointed to me. This just seemed to confuse Gemma even more, but Anne and Robin were laughing.

“It’s a long story for another day,” Harry said.

We spent the next couple of hours talking, and throwing around banter. Harry’s family were extremely sweet, and his sister was wonderful. She had all of her dad’s charm and her mother’s sense of humor.

Too soon, though, Harry announced that it was getting late and we should all get ready for karaoke. The girls all fled up the stairs to put make up on, and the guys to put on shoes, but I just slipped on my sneakers and a hoodie and took a seat again, leaving me alone with Harry’s family.

“April?” Anne inquired thoughtfully.

“Yes?”

“Be honest with me,” She said, looking serious, “do you think Kris and Harry are good together?”

“Definitely,” I replied with a bright smile, “Harry’s a wonderful guy and he treats Kris very well, as she does him. They bring out the best in each other.”

“Thank you,” She grinned back at me gratefully, “promise you’ll keep me posted on their relationship when you all leave?”

“Promise,” I winked, just as everyone arrived downstairs.

“Ready to go meet Ed Sheeran?” Erin spoke up, clapping me on the back.

I gulped.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

628K 21.7K 36
Where do you belong? Where you are now is not where you are going to be at for the rest of your life. No one knows where they will end up at But...
3.8K 192 42
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The problem is I don't know who my friends and enemies are anymore. One direction Fanfic Cupcakerr1...
3.8K 23 21
Paige Lonergan is your average teenager in london, She has her own flat, takes care of her little sister, and usually gets a new house cleaning assig...
16K 309 26
Mind games. That's what most people would say I'm good at. I don't actually know how or why mind games start, but I'm the cause of a lot of them now...