All you need is a little Fait...

By vaasi369

Some people just come into your life and you know you can never replace them if they left. Everyone has that... More

Authors note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter 33

57 8 1
By vaasi369

" She had the soul of a gypsy, the heart of a hippie and the soul of  a fairy............"

Faith

"It's just a stupid picnic Macy, not a date so chill out." I tried to explain it to her for the millionth time.

"Do I need to remind you what were his exact words? He said and I quote 'We're going on a date, you owe me.' "Macy spoke in a mock guys voice.

Currently, we were sitting in my room looking for an outfit my picnic with Chris. Yes, you heard me correctly, Chris was taking me on a date. Apparently, I owed him.

When he went to buy those tampons for me the cashier at the store turned out to be one of his ex-girl- friends. You can imagine the rest. After that, he demanded that I owed him and now he was taking me on a bloody data. Let me tell you I was not happy about it.

"Oh, by the way, Sam finally grew some balls and asked Vanessa out," Macy said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh my God. You have to be kidding me! Seriously." I yelled. It was no secret that sam was smitten with Vanessa herself. God that girl was so naive.

"I'm not kidding. He asked her just yesterday and Vanessa is still too dazed to announce it to the word."

I just smiled and sent a quick text to Vanessa. Okay now to handle the problem at hand.

What the hell should I wear?

I didn't want to give Chris those vibes which said that I was interested cause I was not.

Macy went inside my closet and threw some clothes at me. I grabbed them just in time and began to change.

I wore simple denim cutoffs with a striped blue and white t-shirt. Shipping into my converse high tops I tucked my phone in my back pocket. After applying some eyeliner and mascara and throwing my hair into a high messy ponytail with a simple braid on the side I was ready to go.

At dot eleven the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Damon said grumbling.
He was pretty pissed off at me for going for that stupid picnic. Why was he always at our place anyway? Oh, I forget he's my idiotic brother's best friend. Some best friend he is, Alex is sulking away to glory cause of whatever problem is going on between him and Cory, and what is Damon doing? Nothing.

"Hey," Chris greeted me once I got out of the house.

He was wearing ripped jeans with a light blue t-shirt. His hair was its own messy self Simple yet nice.

"Hi," I replied back.

He grinned and turned me around. There were two bicycles standing there one with a picnic basket. I squealed and ran to them climbing on one.

"We're cycling to the park," Chris explained climbing on one himself.
I grinned and began to cycle next to Chris. Lively chatter filled the atmosphere as Chris told me about some prank he'd played on Cedric. We'd just rounded around the block when something happened to our cycles.

It began to shake and then suddenly the chain popped out destroying the entire system.

"Shit" Chris muttered before leaping off the cycle in one jump.
He checked the cycle before sighing and answering.

"Nothing can be done about them right now. I'm sorry." he apologized sincerely.

"It's okay. We'll walk to the park" I suggested.

"Are you sure? I can always run back and get the car."

"Nah. Let's walk." I said locking my hands with his.
He grabbed the basket and we began to walk.

"Did you know that Sam asked Vanessa out?" I asked him.

"Well, it was high time anyway that both of them got together."

"I know right ! from the beginning I knew something would happen between them.

"I kind of played cupid between them." he said sheepishly.

"How ?" I asked getting curious.

"Believe it or not but I kind of got them stuck in an elevator together."

"Oh my god how did you even manage to do that ?" I asked flabbergasted.

After walking for another five minutes we reached the park and headed straight to the shady area under the tree.

Chris laid down a blanket for us to sit on. After that, he kept the basket down and began to take out containers.

"What are we having?" He spoke as he took out each item.

"We're having fresh strawberries dipped in Nutella, homemade tacos and homemade ice-cream."

My mouth began to water. Chris passed me a container and tried to open the jar of Nutella. I took the off and a horrible smell invaded my nostrils. I looked down only to find rotten puss-infected strawberries.

"Chris! What the hell? Is this suppose to be some sort of sick joke ?"

"What are you talking about ?" he asked generally confused.

I passed him the container. He looked inside and his eyes widened to the size of golf balls. He shut the container and chucked it aside turning towards me.

"I swear to god that I did not do this. I got fresh strawberries !" I sighed there was no point in fighting.

"It's okay. At least we have the Nutella." I spoke trying to lighten the mood.

He just nodded and tried to open the jar of Nutella but the lid did not budge. He tried again but in vain. I laughed and spoke again.

"Pass it here miss. I'll do it You should just try not to break any of your delicate fingers." He grumbled something about being a man but nonetheless passed it to me.

I tried to open the jar but the lid just did not move! My hands turned red from trying so hard before I finally gave up and began to examine the jar.
It did look a little unusual. There was a layer of something transparent around the end of the Lid. I touched it before realizing what it was.
Super glue.

"Why the hell have you stuck a precious jar of Nutella with superglue? what a waste."? I told Chris.

"Huh? what the hell are you talking about ?" he asked grabbing the jar to examine it himself.

"The jar is shut close with super glue," I explained.

Why god? Why did you have to glue the Nutella jar out of everything shut close 

"looks like my idea of eating dipped strawberries is gone down the drain, "he mumbled before keeping the jar aside as well.

Okey, now I felt bad.

"Hey, that's okay. We still have the tacos !" I said in a fake cheerful manner.

"Oh ya. You're gonna love them. They're chicken shredded soft shell ta........" but he trailed off when he opened the second container.
I peeked inside just to find stale tomatoes. Another fact about me. I did not like tomatoes.

"I feel jinxed," he muttered shutting the container as well. He turned towards me and spoke again.

"You know what let's just go back. The day's not turning out to be the way I wanted it to."

I quickly interfered.

"No. No. No. The ice-cream is still left. I bet that it's lovely." I said the last part in a mock British accent.

He didn't look convince so I pulled out the ice-cream tub myself. Before opening the lid I sent a quick prayer to god for letting the container have ice cream.

And for once god answered my prayers. As as I opened the tub I saw yummy chocolate ice-cream and let out a sigh of relief.Chris looked at me curiously. I took my spoon and ate a big bite.........
........and felt like puking my guts out.

There was fucking salt in the fucking chocolate ice-cream. I was fucked.
BUT just to keep Chris happy I gave him a weak smile and said 'Mmmm.....' trying to indicate that it was yum. He did not buy it.
He took a bite from his own spoon and instantly spat the ice-cream out.

"How the hell can you digest that ?" he exclaimed snatching the tub from my hand and throwing it in the bin and then passing me a bottle of water which I was grateful for.

"You just looked so sad cause the picnic was a disaster and I just wanted to make you happy. I tried to explain gulping down half the bottle of water."

"Babe I get it you love me a lot but you don't need to poison yourself for me," he said with a smirk trying to lighten the mood.

"First of all- don't call me 'babe' and second of all, I can't help it if your pastry skills suck."

He sighed.

"You're right."

And at that moment it felt like Chris was actually cursed because the lighting struck and it began to thunder. He looked at my scared stricken face and said.

"I'll call for the car."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 95 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
10.1K 191 22
Jade, a shy and observed girl let's her insecurities and doubts interfere with what many think could be a, "good thing" but something, someone, chang...
4.2K 415 22
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘎𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺...
368 48 23
When Lisa Winters gets into a car accident, because of her fucked-up mother; her whole world flips upside down. When Lisa and Chase finally admit the...