Twelve Fallen Stars

By MysteryAquaStar

"Have you ever wondered what it's like to be a star?" In the land of Zosodia, there goes a legend. The legend... More

The Info
Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
New Year (Small spoil)
Advertising
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Wattys2017
Chapter XIX
Announcements

Chapter XIII

794 46 72
By MysteryAquaStar

"Are we going the right direction?"

Zoe looked around as they were walking in the forest. It felt forever since they had left Centaur, and her legs were growing a bit sore. She didn't know how long she can hold the food bag.

"We're going to the right area," said Yvonne, "At least. . . I think we are."

"What do you mean, I think?" Narrowing her green eyes, she sent her older friend a burning glare behind her back.

The archer shivered a bit, then sighed, looking back at the map she held while continuing her walk. "Well, I'm not exactly sure, to be honest! You're soon to be husband here is the one who's telling me the directions!"

"What kind of directions are you giving her, Logan?!"

"Good directions," Logan simply replied, "I'm giving her good directions."

"To where?" Celesta barged in. She, like Zoe, was slightly tired of all the walking. Well, she never really minded now that Cassidy was standing by her side again, but her legs were kind of giving out. "Because it looks like you're just trying to get us lost."

"I'm not trying to get us lost!" Logan defended, "I'm just trying to find the beach!"

Leona then looked up from the bag she was holding, "Wait, there's a beach here in Iref?"

"You guys never knew?" Dylan raised an eyebrow, "You guys live here. You should've known there was a beach in your region- I mean, where do you think the refugees from Ewart and and Threa come from?"

"Um. . ."

"I mostly stay indoors and I really don't get updated on the news in my kingdom." Zoe responded. "My father thinks that war is a tough topic for a princess like me."

Logan stopped in his tracks, turning back to the female, "How is that a tough topic for you, when you can clearly fight like a man?" He said, "I'm jealous that you have such amazing strength. Does your father not notice that?"

"No." Her tone was blunt. She didn't want to talk much about her own father, so she went back to talking about Logan's directions, "Anyways, why are we going to the beach in the first place?"

"Ships dock there," Coal spoke up, holding the book in his hand, "According to the legend, after finding the rest of the signs, they went to on one of the refugee ships to set sail for Threa."

"So. . ." Celesta paused, "We're going on a ship? That doesn't sound pleasant, actually. . ."

"It doesn't," Dylan agreed, shaking his own head, "But it's really the only choice. Altair and Vega aren't here to teleport us there anyways."

The group fell silent, walking through the forest. Logan was only mumbling words to Yvonne until something loud interrupted them.

Groooowwwll

Everyone stopped in their tracks, then looked back to a certain blue haired girl. When all eyes were on her, she flinched and smiled nervously, "Uh. . . Why don't we take a lunch break?"

~ * ~

Everyone was now sitting on the forest floor, munching away on the fruits and vegetables they were provided. Zoe was sitting beside Leona, making fun of her as Leona quietly sobbed for eating an apple. Yvonne was next to Celesta, saying a few things to her. No one knew that they could've been talking about, but both girls seem to get along for they were both laughing.

Coal on the other hand, quietly sat down, eating a carrot while he looked over to Cassidy and Dylan, looking through the book. He noticed that the two have talked to each other often ever since they met, but never really cared about what they have been talking about. Now that he's looking at them. . . He wonders what they could be talking about.

With his gaze fixed on the smiley duo, he never noticed the blond prince approaching him. "Hey," greeted Logan, "Is something the matter?" When he placed his one good hand on Coal's shoulder, he didn't know that he had startled him.

The brunett flinched, before looking over his shoulders with a displeased expression.

Logan smiled, "Whoops. I didn't mean to scare you!"

"Yeah right."

"I swear!" He sighed then sat next to him, "So what seems to be the problem? You looked so focused on something right now."

Coal didn't answer. He just looked back to the duo, staying silent as ever.

Logan switched his gaze. He looked at the duo, then Coal, then to the duo again. Finally, he says, "Ooooh, I see. Didn't know that the two of you would have the same taste."

"Hmm? What the hell do you mean?"

"Cassidy."

He blinked, still confused on what Logan was trying to say. Seeing that he was still still had no clue on what he was talking about, a frown replaced Logan's sunny smile.

"I'm talking about you and Dylan liking Cassidy."

It was Coal's turn to frown, "What makes you think I like Cassidy?"

"Well. . . Ever since you first met her, you've been awfully nice to her more than you are to others."

"Just because I'm nice, doesn't mean I like her." He turned away, "I'm simply being a gentleman. It'd be rude if I were to treat a lady with such harsh behavior. A prince shouldn't act like that. . ." What he said next, then made Logan think a little bit more. "And. . . I could say that you being a prince, should act like a gentleman too. Especially if the lady is your fiancé."

"Hmm. . ." Logan turned away from the male, his gaze transferring to a red haired female, "I see. . ."

~ * ~

"He was looking here." Dylan smiled.

Cassidy rolled her eyes at him, before looking back to the book. Everytime Coal looked their way, the blond would always inform her. Maybe she should do the same? "Yeah, and she's looking here too."

"Ah- What?!" He frantically looked around, causing a laugh to escape her lips.

"Just kidding."

"You're just as mean as him!"

"Hey! At least I don't hit you!"

Dylan huffed, shaking his head. Then his expression was suddenly sad, "You get my hopes up when you talk about her."

Cassidy looked up from the book, then sighed. "I'm just teasing you, you know?"

"Yeah, yeah, I know that, but. . ."

"Wow, you must really like her."

He stayed silent, puckering his lips. "Yeah."

"May I ask, why?"

"She was kind to me although she was scary!" he explained, but then he blushed, "And. . . She's short and cute to begin with. . ." Another laugh came from Cassidy, and he looked at her worriedly, "What? Did I say something wrong?"

"No, it's just. . ." She heaved in a big breath, "Oh, never mind. I'll tell you later. Anyways, I don't think you took anything to eat?"

"Oh, uh. . . I wasn't that hungry."

"Well even so, you still got to eat." Standing up, she placed the book in Dylan's hand, "I'll go get something for you, alright?" Before he could even reply, she was already walking to Zoe.

He sighed, then looked down at the book he held. The pages were worn, and it smelled pretty bad. Although, he took his time to skim through the pages. Page after page, his eyes looked over it. Some parts, he can't recall hearing it, and others, he remembers. But when he turned to a certain page that neither Coal or Cassidy looked over, he was shocked.

When he glanced to Cassidy, he saw that she was caught up with talking to Zoe. Then he turned to Coal, who was no longer looking at him, and was talking to Logan. Worry washed over him, and he bit his bottom lip.

What do I do?

"Hey," a voice suddenly called out, "What are you doing?"

He flinched and quickly shuts the book. When he looked up to see who was hovering over him, he sees a pair of bright green eyes looking down at him. "Oh. . . I'm. . . I'm just reading."

Celesta frowned a bit, not so satisfied with Dylan's tone. "I see. But, it looks like something is bothering you. Are you okay?"

He nods, replacing his once worried expression with a smile, "Yeah! I'm fine!"

She didn't know if she believed that smile or not.

~ * ~

"I hate it." Leona cried.

Yvonne laughed, and ruffled the knight's hair, "Come on, Lee. You know you shouldn't be picky."

Leona ignored Yvonne as she repeated her words, "I hate it."

"Then maybe you could ask Leona to hunt for meat next time." Zoe joked.

"Can you?" The girl looked up to the older female, her eyes sparkling with hope.

Yvonne remained smiling, before patting Leona's back saying, "Nope!"

"Wha- How could you?!"

As the two fire signs laughed at the crying lion, the others were trying to ignore the commotion as they continued their walk.

Dylan was walking beside Coal, not knowing what to do. Finally, he gathered the courage to speak out, "Coal."

"Yeah?" Coal looked over to his friend, "What is it?"

"From now on, I'll be by your side." He held up his clenched hand, then extended his pinky finger, "So you can't leave my side either, okay?"

The brunette didn't question him. Instead, he automatically took his finger, "I thought we made this promise a long time ago."

"Yeah," Dylan smiled, "I just wanted to remind you."

As both boys pull their hands back, they followed the others to their next destination. As for the one watching the group from the distance, he only laughed.

Watching Dylan and Coal somewhat amused him. A part of him hated them, but strangely, he liked them as well. Maybe it was because of their relationship. . . "Yes," A smirk placed itself upon his lips, "I'd like to see this type of friendship break."

The worst way possible.

~A/N~

Finally updated~ I thought I wasn't going to finish today, but fortunately I did.

There may now be a pattern in the chapters. Like how this chapter focuses on the first group that knows they're zodiacs, the next one will focus on the other half of the group who are still unaware of the situation.

Now there's more stress for Dylan. Thanks to the book, he has discovered one of the secrets of the legend. I'm positive you guys know which secret.

What will he do now when the time comes? And how will this one man break his friendship with Coal?

LOLOLOLOLOL I know this is wrong, but I believe you guys know that author-san here likes Coal x Dylan :333

Which ship do you guys like so far?

~Aquarii

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 59 15
The Zodiac signs were cast down to Earth to live as humans. About 13 years later, they were kidnapped and woke up in a completely different place...a...
36.6K 1.5K 101
Ever wondered how hard it is to be human? Well, read as the constellations tries to be one Join their exciting journey of drama, twist, overcoming, a...
Stars of the Sky By :)

General Fiction

15.3K 337 23
Have you ever seen a star during the day? No? Well, stars only come out at night 12 teenagers experience the "joys" of highschool. While every knows...
65.9K 1.4K 27
[DISCONTINUED] ~*~ They're just like every other teenager. They go to parties, study for tests, and do basically everything any teen would. They're n...