can't help falling||c.g DISCO...

By parkersastralrose

"Falling in love. And say, it's crazy. Falling. You see? We don't say 'rising into love.' There is in it the... More

zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three (ish)
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
Thank You.
Translation

thirty six

1.9K 42 21
By parkersastralrose

"They say if we only avoid confrontation with the enemy, he will forget his evil ways and learn to love."

***

Maggie fell to the floor and cried in pain.

"Enid! Get someone! Hurry!"

***

"Glenn's still not back; I need to be there for Maggie!" Enid cried.

"Enid. Please. You're my best friend; I can't lose you," I argued.

She looked at me with saddened eyes.

"I'll be there for Maggie. You stay here. Protect Alexandria," I sighed and looked down.

We both stood there in silence. She slightly nodded, and I looked at her.

"Please come back," she begged. I pulled her into a hug.

"You know, I will."

I followed Carl out to the R.V. Rick was hesitant in letting us go, but I needed to be there for Maggie.

"You ready?" Carl asked me, looking me in the eyes.

I nodded, and he kissed my temple. Rick walked in, and everyone was ready.

"Let's go."

***

I sat in the back with Maggie, continually asking if she needed anything. She just weakly shook her head.

"We'll get there. The baby will be okay," I said quietly to her and held her hand.

She shakily smiled; it was so subtle that you could hardly make it out.

"Wait. C-can you sing for me?" She croaked.

I immediately knew why. Beth and I used to sing, and it must be comforting for her. I nodded my head and held her hand.

"Any requests?" I offered.

"The song that Beth sang back at the prison," she painfully spoke.

(Play the song)

"They hung a sign up in our town
"if you live it up, you won't
live it down."
So, she left Monte Rio, son
Just like a bullet leaves a gun
With charcoal eyes and Monroe hips
She went and took that California trip
Well, the moon was gold, her
Hair like wind
She said don't look back, just
Come on Jim

Oh, you got to
Hold on, Hold on
You got to hold on
Take my hand; I'm standing right here
You gotta hold on,"

(End the song)

I sang softly, my thumb tracing circles on the back of her hand. She smiled weakly, and I started to leave, as Rick wanted to talk to Maggie. He patted my shoulder as I walked out.

I sat down and looked out the window. My stomach was hurting; I felt as if something terrible was going to happen. I don't know why, but I could feel it. My thoughts were interrupted as we slowed to a stop.

"What the bitch?" Abraham barked.

Everyone piled up to look out the front window. A man lay on the road, other men standing around him, and a few cars were parked. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Carl looked at me, and I shrugged, just as puzzled as him.

"Enemy close."

Rick walked out of the Rv, and we all followed him, each of us with a gun. Rick put his hands up, showing that he was surrendering, which he obviously wouldn't do. A heavy silence fell between the two groups until a saviour spoke up.

"He's someone who was with a whole lot of someones who didn't listen," he yelled to us, referring to the severely injured man lying in front of them.

"We can make a deal, right here, right now," Rick suggested.

I looked to the other men for an answer.

"That's right; we can. Give us all your stuff," the man spoke.

"We'll probably have to kill one of you. That's just the way it is, but then we can start moving forward on business. All you have to do is listen."

"Yeah, that deal's not gonna work for us. Fact is, I was about to ask for all of your stuff, only I'm thinking I don't have to kill any of you. Any more of you," Rick emphasized.

I shifted my weight to one side and adjusted my grip on my gun.

"Sorry. My deal is the only deal. We don't negotiate," the Savior spoke.

Rick put his hand up, telling us to get back in the Rv.

"Me and my people are leaving," Rick announced.

We all piled in, and I sat down, not letting go of my gun.

"You want to make today your last day on earth?" Rick asked the sick man.

"No. You want to make today your last day on Earth? No, but that is a good thing to bring up. Think about it. What if it's the last day on Earth for you? For someone you love? What if that's true? Maybe you should be extra nice to those people in that RV, 'cause you never know--" the man paused to snap his fingers.

"Just like that. Be kind to each other. Like you said... like it was your last day on Earth."

"You do the same," Rick retorted before getting in the Rv and leaving all of the men behind.

***

We were now parked again. Eugene was going over a map, trying to find a new route.

"Carl?" I asked and walked to him. He looked up.

"What if it is someone's last day on earth?" I mumbled.

"No. It won't be."

I was half asleep, my head resting on Carl's shoulder.

"Bitch nuts," Abraham growled, and yet again, pulled to another stop.

I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes. Everyone gathered at the front. It was another group of men, but this time, it was larger, with more people.

"We making our stand?" Sasha asked.

"Yeah. We end it," Carl commanded angrily.

I looked at him like he was crazy. Is he trying to get himself killed?

"No, not now. They've been waiting. They're ready. With one of us behind the wheel, that's five on 16. We're gonna play it our way, how we want it," Rick decided and looked to Carl.

I breathed out, not realizing that I was even holding my breath.

"Right?"

"Right."

"All right, go slow," Rick ordered, and Abraham slowly reversed the RV.

They fired a few random shots. I looked out the window at them until they became invisible.

***

I stood behind Rick, at the front of the Rv.

"Those weren't the same men who blocked the road the first time," Sasha pointed out.

I thought for a minute before realizing she was right.

"Same outfit, different soldiers," Abe said.

"They have numbers," I sighed, looking at Rick.

"Yeah, we keep driving, we get her there."

"We will."

"If we have to shove each and every one of them up their own asses," Abraham retorted before the brakes squeaked once again

"We can't go through it. Can't risk the RV. You stay behind the wheel, just in case."

I followed everyone out of the Rv. Walkers were chained to each other and hungry.

"Let's do this," Rick commanded, holstering his gun.

I was pulled out my gun, scoping out the area.

"Dad," Carl stopped us.

"That's Michonne's," Aaron pointed.

I was confused and followed his gaze to one of the walkers. Some of Michonne's hair was pushed into a walker's scalp. What the hell?

"That's Daryl's," Sasha said.

One of the walkers had arrows sticking out of it.

"No," I whispered and started to back away.

What did they do to him? What if he's dead? Carl caught me before I could hit the ground. I felt weak in the knees, and tears started to prick my eyes. Then gunfire echoed throughout the forest.

"Get back to the Rv!" Rick yelled through the shots.

Carl picked me up and pulled me into the Rv. Rick hastily cleared the path, and we drove away.

***

Everyone was in the front, trying to figure out what was happening. My heart was pounding, and Carl was rubbing circles on my back.

"That could have meant nothing," he tried to reassure me.

The vehicle was making weird sounds, meaning something was wrong with it. Everyone stood near the front, trying to figure out our next plan and which way to go. We stopped again, making my heart pound. I hastily pushed my way to the front of the Rv. More men. More Saviours.

"Go back," Rick ordered Abraham.

"Where?"

***

Maggie wasn't doing well. At all. She was pale and burning up.

We then came to another freaking stop. It felt like we'd never get there, and I'm really worried about Maggie.

We were walking along a gravel road and studying the logs stacked on top of each other, blocking the road.

"With these tracks, it would indicate that they not only have people but some big ass toys and capabilities," Eugene pointed out.

"What it indicates is we are neck-deep up shit creek with our mouths wide open," Abraham corrected him.

A scream erupted from behind us, and I quickly turned around. A chain was hanging a man from the bridge.

"I can try and break the chain," Aaron said frantically, wanting to help.

"It won't work."

I stood there, not moving, and watched a man die. The logs then burst into flames.

"You're treating your people good, right? Like it was their last day on earth? Or one of theirs?" a familiar voice yelled—one of the Saviours.

I couldn't pinpoint where he was, but he was close.

"You better get where you're goin," the man yelled.

"Go, go," Rick said lowly.

We all rushed into the Rv and drove away.

Now we were stopped, only because we needed to figure out where to go next.

"There are two routes north from here," Sasha said.

"You don't think they've already blocked it off?" I exasperatedly asked.

Eugene suggested we go on foot, after the sunset. We all agreed.

***

Eugene was going to drive the Rv. He's going to risk his life for us, and I am forever thankful that we found him, even if he did lie about saving the world. I turned to him, sending him a nod. He acknowledged me and nodded back.

They pulled Maggie out on a stretcher, Carl and I leading the way, the only sound being Eugene driving away.

Carl and I took care of the walkers, everyone else carrying Maggie. I stabbed a walker through the eye; then I heard whistling. I could see men starting to appear from the woods. A wave of panic and fear crashed into all of us, leaving us frantic.

"Go!" Rick yelled, and we started running to nowhere.

I pulled out my gun, my hands trembling. We ran into a clearing, and lights flashed on. I quickly shielded my eyes, just enough to see where the whistling came from. We were surrounded. Hundreds of men stood in a big circle, us in the middle as they all whistled in sync.

"Oh my god," I whispered.

They finally stopped whistling and stared. I felt hundreds of pairs of us eyes on us. Eugene sat, crying, bloodied, bruised, and kneeling.

"Good. You made it. Welcome to where you're going," a man spoke.

It was the man we first saw; he told us to keep our loved ones close.

"We'll take your weapons--" he said and pulled a gun on me.

"Now."

Men closed in and took all of our weapons.

"Okay. Let's get her down and get you all down on your knees," the man instructed.

I had no words. There was no way out. They gently laid Maggie down, and I helped her to her knees. One by one, we all kneeled. I sat between Aaron and Carl. The man with the burnt face emerged from the crowd, the one who had killed Denise.

"Let's get them out," one of the men ordered.

Dwight walked to a truck and pulled out four familiar people. Rosita, Glenn, Michonne and—"Daryl," I whispered.

He was wrapped in a blanket and bloody as hell.

"N-no," I croaked.

"We got a full boat. Let's meet the man," a Savior said and knocked on the Rv.

A terrifying man walked out, sporting all black and a red scarf. He held a baseball bat covered in barbed wire over his shoulder.

"Pissin our pants yet? Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close," he smirked.

"Which one of you pricks is the leader?" The man asked.

"It's this one," a saviour pointed out Rick.

"Hi. I'm Negan, and I do not appreciate you killing my men."

This was Negan. He's standing right in front of us.

"Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people. Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit is. But I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly," Negan taunted.

He didn't even seem phased by us, just like any other day. He was so calm and collected, which made him even more terrifying. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I already hated him.

"You are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes. Yes, you are," he said and smiled.

"You see, Rick, whatever you do, no matter what, you don't mess with the new world order. And the new world order is this, and it's really very simple. So, even if you're stupid, which you very may well be, you can understand it. You ready? Here goes. Pay attention. Give me your shit, or I will kill you," he explained and kept swinging his bat everywhere.

My eyes trailed everywhere except Daryl.

"Today was career day. We invested a lot so you would know who I am and what I can do. You work for me now. You have shit; you give it to me. That's your job. Now, I know that is a mighty big, nasty pill to swallow, but swallow it, you most certainly will," Negan spoke.

"You ruled the roost. You built something. You thought you were safe. I get it. But the word is out. You are not safe."

Every word he spoke made me feel sick. Every sound he makes was like poison.

"In fact, you are pegged, more pegged if you don't do what I want. And what I want is half your shit. And if that's too much, you can make, find, or steal more, and it'll even out sooner or later. This is your way of life now. The more you fight back, the harder it will be."

"So if someone knocks on your door...you let us in. We own that door. You try to stop us, and we will knock it down," he smirked.

"You didn't think you were really going to get through this without being punished?" he asked sarcastically.

"I don't want to kill you, people. Just want to make that clear from the get-go," he assured.

"I want you to work for me. You can't do that if you're dead, now, can you? I'm not growing a garden. But you killed my people, a whole damn lot of them. More than I'm comfortable with," he sneered.

"And for that, for that, you're gonna pay. So now, I'm gonna beat the holy hell outta one of you."

That was hard to take in. He's going to kill one of us. It's someone's last day on earth.

"This is Lucille, and she is awesome," Negan said, talking about the bat like it was an actual person.

Tears welled up in my eyes, and I shook. Negan trailed the line until he stopped at Carl.

"You got one of our guns," Negan pointed out.

"Shit, kid, lighten up. At least cry a little," he smiled at Carl.

"You have a boyfriend, little girl?" He smirked at me.

I barely nodded, and Carl was looking at me, completely terrified.

"Oh! The two little love birds! You wouldn't mind if I borrowed her, would you?" Negan spoke to Carl.

I looked away from him, disgusted, and he moved on to stop in front of Maggie.

"Jesus. You look shitty. Let's just put you out of your misery right now," Negan offered.

I stopped breathing and clenched my fists together.

"No! No!" Glenn yelled and scrambled to try and get to Negan.

"Nope, get him back in line," Negan ordered.

The men pulled Glenn back harshly, putting him back in place.

"Don't," Glenn pleaded.

It broke my heart to see Glenn like this.

"Alright, listen. Don't any of you try that again. I will shut that shit down, no exceptions. First ones free. It's an emotional moment, I get it," Negan said and pointed to Glenn.

I looked at Carl, and we met eyes.

"I love you," I mouthed slightly.

"I love you too."

"Sucks, don't it? The moment you realize you don't know shit," Negan said to a trembling Rick.

Then Negan pointed to Carl.

"This is your kid, right? This is definitely your kid," Negan smiled.

"Just stop this!" Rick yelled.

More of us are going to die if anything like this happens.

"Hey!" Negan's voice boomed.

"Do not make me kill the little future serial killer. Don't make it easy on me. I gotta pick somebody. Everyone's at the table waiting for me to order," the sick man explained.

Then he started whistling the awful tune that lead us here.

"I simply cannot decide," he said and chuckled.

I want to go home. I want us all to make it out of here alive.

"I got an idea," he smirked.

"Eenie Meenie Miney Moe. Catch a tiger by its toe. If he hollers, let him go. My mother told me to pick the very best one."

With every word, he pointed the bat at someone else. This is just a sick game to him.

"And you are it."

"If anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye out and feed it to his father, and then we'll start."

"You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry, hell, you're all gonna be doing that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 3.1K 20
π’Š 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’Œ π’Š'𝒍𝒍 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆 π’ˆπ’π’π’… π’†π’π’π’–π’ˆπ’‰, π’Š 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’Œ π’Š'π’Ž 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 π’ˆπ’π’π’π’‚ π’‡π’Šπ’π’… π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’†... π’ŠοΏ½...
389K 8.9K 47
"there's a new sheriff in town!" "a damn good one too" - [carl grimes x fem!oc] [dixon] [twd season 3 - 8] [slowburn] It gets a lot better as you rea...
10.6K 470 49
❝ your hands . . . ❞ ❝ what about my hands? ❞ ❝ they're cold. ❞ οΉ™twd fanfic﹚ οΉ™book 1 of 3﹚ οΉ™oc x oc﹚ οΉ™seasons 1 - 4﹚ οΉ™slight oc x daryl﹚ οΉ™Β© hea...
8.6K 320 15
Aria Dixon finds herself tied- literally. After a tragedy that strikes her down, she believes all hope is lost, and all meaning for staying alive is...