The Quarterback's Girl

By Starbucks_Cappuccino

I'm running, my dress bunched up in my fists. But I'm not running for my life I'm running for his, and when I... More

The Quarterback's Girl
Chapter 1 // "Well, Crescent we meet again"
Chapter 2// "That was anything but kinky"
Chapter 3 //"It's official, I'm sitting next to a suicidal maniac"
Chapter 4 // "I also come wrapped in sparkling silver paper with a bow on top"
Chapter 5 // "Stop touching my bits and bobs"
Chapter 6 //"Aribella, it's a party dress not a fireman's outfit"
Chapter 7// "Pffffttttt...Yeh and I'm the reincarnation of Hitler"
Chapter 8// "Cress, you look like a zebra"
Chapter 9//"Please Dawson, I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination
Chapter 10//"Why do you have two idiots chasing after you"
Chapter 11//"Emily I'm one brush stroke away from looking like a full on clown"
Chapter 12//"As many times as it takes you to say my name"
Chapter 13//"If you don't shut up I'll pop your cherry"
Chapter 14//"Are you a psycho bitch or do you want to end up in jail for murder"
Chapter 15: Part one// "Happy birthday you poor excuse for a brother"
Chapter 15: Part 2// "It sounds like you two are going to have hateful sex..."
Chapter 16//"That hurt, I'm going to go drown myself in vodka"
Chapter 17// "Elliott did you just call me Satan"
Chapter 17.5 //"Your boobs aren't real but even the best of us sometimes forget"
Chapter 18// "Get off my girl!"
Chapter 19 // "PDA, PDA, PDA"
Chapter 20// "Come on Cress, it was a dare, a joke"
Chapter 21// "Anyways during sex you burn as much calories as running 5 miles"
Chapter 22// "I never said you were a handsome sex God"
Chapter 23// "I can't help but look down at your lips and ..."
Chapter 24// "And he kisses me"
Chapter 24.5 // "And he kisses me"
Chapter 25// "You pushed the girl you are 'supposedly in love with' out a tree"
Chapter 26// "Babe? Did you just call my sister a pig?"
Chapter 27// "Why Aribella Jones and Winter Michaels hates me?"
Chapter 28//"Me, jealous of you? Bless your delusional soul"
Chapter 29// It's you Cress or it's no one, there will never be an in-between"
Chapter 30//"Carter stop making up a load of bullshit, you jealous bastard"
Chapter 31//"Don't cry Cress, please Dawson don't cry"
Chapter 33//"Wait you mean to say Elliott Grayson was 'Mr. sexy voice'
Chapter 34\\"Leave her she's worshipping the ground I walk on"
Chapter 35// "My middle finger salutes the bullshit coming out your mouth"
Chapter 36// "You know, when you put the D in the V"
Chapter 37// "I don't stare I was just appreciating your masculinity"
Chapter 38// "It's when you like to do the dirty with no strings attached"
Chapter 39// "Did you know your pretty little boyfriend shot someone?"
Chapter 40//"We're hot coco and Marshmallows, you're hot and I wanna be on you"
Chapter 41//" Actually you were privileged to be swapping saliva with me"
Chapter 42// "Bye Aaron, say hi to the devil for me when you go back to Hell"
BONUS CHAPTER// Elliott POV - part 1
BONUS CHAPTER// Elliott's POV- Part 2
Chapter 43// "No Crescent it's not a book couple it's you"
Chapter 44//"Conner, you're a bit confused so I'll enlighten you. I'm a female"
Chapter 45//"Uh, I think hell is missing it's king and queen"
Chapter 46// "It? If I were you I wouldn't be looking for a deadly clown"
Chapter 47 // "When the banana meets the flower, just with a -Y at the end"
Chapter 48 // "Don't say my name like that unless we're in the bedroom"
Chapter 49// "And then Satan said 'Put the alphabet in math...' "
Chapter 50// "Well Dawson how about a buy you a book?"
Chapter 51// Elliott made all the god's jealous and I bet he made Zeus gay"
Chapter 52// "I hope we stay ghost friends and scare the shit out of people"
Chapter 53//"I bet your hands would look even better wrapped around my..."
Chapter 54//"Wow, I'm not third wheeling between the pair of you"
Chapter 55//"That could be if you weren't playing the field"
Chapter 56// "Your cheekbones are so sharp I nearly cut my hand"
Chapter 57// "How come you two aren't being all smoochy smoochy, kissy kissy?"
Chapter 58// "Huh I've always thought they mythological"
Chapter 59// "I want an idiot who can make me laugh"
Chapter 60// "What's 2+2 Dawson?"
Chapter 61//"Elliott, do you see what I see?"
Chapter 62// "I'm sorry I didn't plan out my peeing schedule"
Chapter 63// "I think you need testing on, in a mental hospital"
Chapter 64// "I, Elliott Grayson, was afraid of a girl rejecting me"
Chapter 65A// "You won my heart?"
Chapter 66//"You're not my girlfriend anymore,"
Chapter 67// "Grayson, when where you going to tell me?"
Chapter 68//"That's me, knocking the breath out of women since 1998"
Chapter 69//"I'll protect you Crescent"
Chapter 70: Part one//"You're not going to die, "
Chapter 70: Part two// "You're breaking my heart"
Chapter 71// "Kiss me you fool"
Chapter 72// BONUS CHAPTER: DANIEL POV
Epilogue// "Guess I'll always be The Quarterback's Girl then"
Final Author note// The Quarterback's Girl
SEQUELS AND PREQUELS
SURPRISE SPIN-OFF
BONUS CHAPTER "I still get butterflies even if I've seen you a hundred times"
Conner's story
One million reads

Chapter 32// I was The Quarterback's Girl, until he let me go.

19.3K 774 463
By Starbucks_Cappuccino

Chapter 32// I was The Quarterback's Girl, until he let me go.

3rd June

"You need to stop this," She cries as she grabs the black remote form the bed and switches the TV off. Oh well it's not like I really was watching it anyway. I continue to look at the black screen holding the phone in my hands.

For the past few weeks we had been so close he made electricity run though my veins when he was close to me and now that he wasn't here I felt empty.

The image of Elliott's heartwarming smile played in my mind like a carousel. The way he showed his teeth when he was grinning. And his eyes, what I would I do in my life without his beautiful blue eyes staring at me.

"Cress look at me this is getting out of hand, you haven't left your room in 2 days, you even missed school" Winter pleads with me but I can't deal with anyone anymore. I ignore her voice as I stare in to space, thinking about events that made my heart ache in agony. I wasn't even trying to pretend I was okay; I just sat in my bed completely unmoving.

Boyfriend. Love. Breakup.

Somewhere in my head my mind was telling me that no one has specified that we were 'broken up' but it would be ridiculous if we were still in a relationship.

It was like all the fire Elliott had put in my veins has died out. The feeling in my stomach was like all the butterflies' wings had been pulled off them, they could no longer fly. I couldn't stand the thoughts anymore and felt harsh tears rise up form the back of my eyes, the pain was burning and I tried to not blink to stop them from falling.

I look down at my phone, that's all I had been doing for the past few day. I didn't know why but I couldn't help myself.

I harshly wipe the salty liquid away form my eyes. Winter slowly comes over and gently sits on the edge of my bed.

"I don't care about school, how can I go back there when all I will see is him"

I couldn't even imagine what would happen if I ever saw Elliott again, I'd either break down or attack him.

I couldn't imagine the thought of Elliott standing against the lockers; I knew he'd look over at me so many unspoken words in the air.

Then the image of Elliott with another girl appears in my head. I knew that's how he would get over he situation; he'd stamp on my already shattered heart.

The sound of his laugh was all I wanted to hear right now. I wanted him to be next to me and I would do something stupid and he would begin to grin, he could never hold back his laugh.

I pull the covers over my head, happy to be in the darkness.

I wasn't the only one going though a emotional heartbreak, it looked like Daniel was going though serious betrayal.

I couldn't stand the thought of him. I hated Daniel for being the one to ruin everything. My brother didn't need to tell me, I didn't need to know. If I didn't know everything would be okay but I knew there was no point in blaming my brother. His long time best friend lied to him as well.

I remember the pain I saw on Daniel's face when he we got home from the dance.

I walk around the house feeling completely; numb my dress was all messed up and covered in some patches of blood. I kept on walking around in circles ideas forming in my head. Winter offered to come in and stay with me but I wanted to be left alone so could think things though.

I run both my hands through my hair.

Elliott Grayson.

I couldn't stop shaking my whole body felt like it was vibrating. It's a dream? Elliott would never hurt me.

Elliott loves me, he told me.

Memories were flashing in my head of Elliott laughing next to me, messing around with me and him kissing me.

I understood that this was Elliott we were talking about and it was something everyone would completely expect of him. But for me it was different I saw him

I wrap my arms around myself to stop the shaking. I sink to the ground in the middle of the living room. I cover my face with my hands to catch all the tears falling out my eyes.

I lightly heard the front door close, I hear someone stomp in to the living room where I was in a completely shattered state.

"Why him Cress, why fall in love with my best friend?" Daniel's voice was filled with pain. I uncover my face to look at him; he didn't look in a good way. Her leaned against the doorframe.

That's when I feel a sudden pang of rage at Daniel. It was his entire fault he didn't need to tell me, he could have kept it a secret.

I clumsily get up and walk up to my tall brother. I shove him slightly which he wasn't expecting.

"My fault, it's your fault, your best friends with him, you let him hurt me all these year. What did you expect? You never cared about me you let everyone trample all over me" I was shouting at him and I knew that it wasn't his fault. It wad all mine for being a naive and stupid girl. But I couldn't help but blame someone.

"You let him push me out that tree, you let him be he one to stand up for me because you weren't there and you let him fall in love with me" I didn't even want to imagine the state of my make-up. For most girls this was always a special night but for me it was the most disastrous night of my life and I have had many of them.

"He's done a lot of stupid thing in his life, there's no one there to stop him. This time, I cant' forgive. I've lost him too Cress" Daniel bows his head in sadness.
"You can find another best friend Daniel, but you know what Elliott's done he's ran he's way with my shattered heart. Because of him I can never love again"

"You think I'm happy about what happened" Hs sudden outburst makes me take a step back. He hits the wall in frustration.

"You didn't see Elliott after you left. I have never seen him so angry; he was on the verge of murdering me. I just ruined his life how do you think I feel" Daniel looked like he and never felt so much regret.

I exit the living room unable to deal with all this the pain I felt and the agony I could see in my brother, I was halfway up the stairs when Daniel shouts my name.

"No matter what Cress, I know everything there is about Elliott and I've never seen him show his feeling. Everything he felt for you was true, that's undeniable"

9thh June

"He's just as bad" Daniel shout form the living room. I was listening in form the corridor as Daniel and Winter were arguing. Looks like they still despised each other.

"How would you know" Winter replies sternly. I was standing on the top of the stairs listening to their argument.

"I went to see him"

I stand there open mouthed in shock.

"Have you seen the state of your sister, she keeps balling her eyes out? I'm worried she is killing herself on the inside and all you can think about is that lying bastard"

"I'm not gong to lie when I w t in to his house, I expected him to be surrounded by girls trying to get his mind off what happened"

I listen carefully to Elliott's words. Alec had told me Elliott was in the worst state he's ever seen him. He wouldn't leave the house and he kept getting angry outbursts.
"I went in and he was sitting there in the living room, he was sitting there with his head in his hands, absolutely hating himself"

I didn't want to feel anything for him, I was supposed to feel happy that he was in pain, but instead the small piece of my heart that was begging to come together again just broken to pieces.

"He kept getting up saying he was going to see Cress and then sat back down cause he was so disgusted with himself for hurting her. So I just told him to talk to Cress. Do you know what he did"

There was silence for as moment.

"He actually started balling with tears. Elliott Grayson and at that moment I realized I was wrong and I made a mistake"

I was viscously biting on the skin around my nail and I could even taste the light metallic blood.

Elliott doesn't love you, Elliott doesn't love you, Elliott doesn't love you, that's what I kept repeating in my head to stop myself feeling pain for Elliott.

"And what was that" Winter asked.

"I think that the bet was really, but he genuinely fell in love with her. I've never seen him in that state; he's never even had a second though over a girl before. I can't believe I'm saying this but I think Elliott Grayson is heartbroken" Daniel whispered but I still heard.

Something inside me wanted to rub across the road to his house, so kick the door open and jump on him. To beg for him to forget everything. That I couldn't live a day without him

"For two days straight Elliott slept outside the driveway because he wanted to see her, but he couldn't face her"

"Good he deserves it" Winter shout back along with a few other words to describe him but I could hear the doubt in her voice.

Something was nagging at me to put my pride away and get over myself to go to him before it was too late.

15th June

I felt beyond stupid what was I thinking falling in love with Elliott Grayson. I almost laughed at myself.

Elliott the kid with shaggy brown hair and the mischievous smirk. He hurt me nearly everyday. Whether it was physically hurting me or shouting words at me that used to make me breath on the inside.

But no matter what he was always there form me. If someone ever hurt me he would hurt them back just ten times harder. It was like everyday my hate for him was slowly dying down and my feeling for him grew. Except This blinded me until the day we were both at the edge of the deck while the bright moonlight.

And Elliott's blue eyes wear so intoxicating, and the moment that his lips nearly met mine. The feeling at that moment was nothing like I had ever felt before it felt like you're heart actually opened up.

For the boy I swore everyday I hate. All I ever wanted to do when I was younger was push him in front of a car, I used to remember looking forward to the future where I let this city, got away form Elliot.

All my life I thought the pain he made me fell everyday could never hurt and more but I was wrong would take that kid of pain for the rest of my life compared to this heartache.

Then suddenly I was so deeply in love with Elliott Grayson, The Playerboy who was know for breaking hearts. The Quarterback.

*

19th June

"No he wont come back to you, he wont" I scream at the TV screen as endless love plays. I throw Vincent's toy mouse at the screen in anger. Boys don't come back once they break your heart.

My phone begins to ring and I see the contact being Winter.

People had stopped coming to be with me. It was like I was a patient in a coma no matter what you did I couldn't wake up. Winter was always here when I needed her but she had stopped trying to drag me out my bed.

"Hello" I answer my voice was all croaky form all the screaming I had been doing at the TV screen.

"Cress, cress you need t get up now, you need to go" Her voice was hoarse like she'd been running. Instantly by the tone of her voice I knew something was seriously wrong.

"Winter what is it?"

"Cress get to the airport now we don't have time, go to the isle where the flight to new York is taking off" I felt the blood slowly turning cold in my veins my heart was beating in fear and my breathing was beginning to speed.

I grip my phone tighter in anticipation to what Winter was going to say.

"It's Elliott, he's leaving"

That feeling where your whole world comes crumbling down to ashes. Like you felt there was nothing left around me.

NO! No! No! He can't leave me, he can't do that. The most sickest feeling was coursing through me.

My body felt numb, I was finding it hard to breathe like something was stuck in the centre of my throat.

I slowly lift my phone to my ear all sorts of emotions running though me.

""I'm going, I'll meet you there" I whisper through the phone trying not to cry in frustration..

I don't even care, that I was wearing a random pair of clothes, that my hair was in a messy bun on top of my head, or the fact I haven't put my contacts in yet.

Elliott you absolute bloody idiot.

I grab my car keys and look at them for a moment, and shrink back. I hated driving; I just wasn't good at it.

Even though my mind was terrified of driving I stop myself running to the car to stop Elliott form making the most. This must be a dream Elliott was never one to give up. He always fought for what he wanted.

I sit in the driver seat and put the keys in and I freeze in fear. For a moment I forget how to drive the car. It was like all the buttons where blurred.

That's when I grab the gear and put it in action I reverse out the driveway. I nearly go in the wrong direction of the traffic. I really wasn't this bad at driving but my mind was so consumed with though of stopping Elliott from leaving.

Even though I hadn't seen him the past 2 weeks; everyday I felt deeper in depression, it still felt like he was near me that there was a chance he could come to me. He was going to come back to me one day wasn't he?

As I speed through the traffic I don't care if I crash in to someone. Adeline was pumping though my veins as I desperately try to speed the car down the road without injuring anyone.

As I stare at he road my thoughts slowly come together and this moment makes me realize what I wanted all this time.

I slow the car down, as I was no longer in control of my thoughts, everything felt so distant form me as the realization dawns on me.

I wanted Elliott to come to my house. I wanted him to throw rocks at my window like he had done before. I didn't even want him to apologies to me, all I waned was to hear his voice tell me that he loved me and it was me, no one else.

I park the car in a no parking zone, the bun in my hair had fallen out and my brown hair was flowing down in a big fat mess filled with knots.

I slam my car door shut as I get out the car in my teddy PJ bottom and run towards the entrance.

I flip my head form side-to-side trying to work out where he would be.

I go to the area where flights were being set off. I squeeze though the people, no matter how stressed or worried I was I knew I would find him that he would never really leave me. I'll find him.

I dodge through the people and see the board that showed the flight to new York and Florida in the right isle direction.

I look at the long cue and make a snap decision to run to the front.

The women looks startled when she sees me in the state I was in.

"I'm sorry dear, we have a cue you can wait in"

She points to the enormous cue. Is this woman out her bloody goddamn mind I had a stupid bad boy to catch..

"My..." I stop for a second feeling a pang in my heart. I couldn't say the word it would make me crumble to the ground.

"...I need to see someone before they leave it's urgent," I plead with her pouring my heart out in the few words I say. She doesn't look in any way sympathetic.

"You need to go to the end of the cue now Miss, and you need a passport and documents"

Everything was already going wrong, I didn't care about anything anymore expect from this one moment. I look her in the eye for a second and make my mind up to stop the Quarterback I was in love with.

Even though everything around me was going so fast it was like I had slowed down, everything was in slow-motion.

I saw a women going though the door to the planes waiting area with her child in a pram, as she was trying to hold on to her other child as she struggled to get them both through. I move in their direction, running at my fastest speed but it felt like wasn't going fast enough.

I couldn't let him go, I wasn't going to let him leave me.

The airport light was bright around me but all I saw was darkness in my mind, my blood was pumping though me as I tired to get though without getting torn away from my destination.

The only thing I could picture was seeing Elliott standing there, that I could do this. I could stop him from leaving me.

I get closer to the doors, like I was reaching towards them and they were getting further away.

My eyes were threatening to spill with tears. I was hitting in to so many people and I didn't have enough apologies to hand out to them.

Every second counted right now. It was like everything around me was silent, there were no rushing footsteps to, no crying children, no one was no one even breathing.

As the women picks up her child, I squeeze through the door where her pram was taking up most of the space.

I turn my head to the left to glance as the child in the pram. I stop for a second. The small child had alarmingly dark blue eyes.

It looks back at me having no idea as what's going on around it.

They weren't exactly like his they didn't have small fleck of black in them but it was the same tone of deep sea blue, there was that brightness to them. Mischief.

The sight of those eyes increased the desperation in my heart to see Elliott. Like Elliott was the only reason I was breathing, the only real reason as to why I was alive. And if he left then I would cease to exist.

I look straight ahead thinking of what I would say when I see Elliott. I told myself the first thing I would tell him I love him no matter what he did.

I look up at the black board with red digital letter on it. I flip my hair out my face as I stand there.

I bring my hand up to my mouth to stop the cry.

Every emotion I had felt up to this moment was nothing compared to this. The feelings I felt when I first kissed him, when he broke my heart, they meant nothing compared to every emotion in my body right now.

People were looking at me, but I couldn't look back at them I had my eyes set on one thing.

There was a ache inside of me to go forward, but I couldn't. I was in shock. I knew after this moment I would never be the same again, that the person who I was and the person who I was going to be is all gone.

I close my eyes hoping and praying that my eyes were lying to me.

Departed.

That's what it said on the screen.

I lurch forward to run, to run outside and catch the plane .To run outside and scream till it landed again. Until everyone in the world could hear me scream for Elliott to come back.

But I feel strong arms wrap around me, stopping me form hurting myself.

They held me in the same position not letting me move as I wass trying to get out the grip.

I heard the person next to him shouting my name but she seemed so far away.

Winter was telling me to stop struggling.

The sobs were vibrating though me and it was painful to breath. Does he not realize what he's left behind; He left behind a broken mess.

I hate myself, all I feel is regret and It was slowly eating me up on the inside. All I picture in my head is all the opportunities I had to go to his house.

I wont see his blue eyes again, when he sued to wake up next to me they used to be extra dark blue and he said it was because he was dreaming about me.

'Let me go" My high-pitched voice runs though the room and everyone stops to look at me.

Who's going to make me laugh now? Who will make fun of me but make me feel like the most important person in the world all at the same time

I wanted to run away, not look where I was going. Run away so I could leave everything including myself behind.

"Cress calm down" Daniel's voice kept telling me.

I instantly felt lost, a piece of me was now gone, it was currently in the sky on it's way to New York.

I will never get to see the dimples in his cheeks that appear when he does his cute little smile. Where he thinks I'm not looking at him but actually all my attention was on his feature.

I just kept repeating his name as though was going to come back. That he could hear me and my voice was becoming raw.

I lost the guy who stood up to Aribella for me when no one else would.
"Don't leave me" my voice was quiet and was filled with heartache.

I stopped struggling and as everything was sinking in I couldn't take it. The world looked fuzzy due to the strain on my mind. I knew the only reason I was upright was because Daniel was holding on to me.

I look him in the eye. I could see the immense pain as kept glancing at the board like it was going to change. Like the plane would come back but he's gone.

Elliott's gone.

I remember how Elliott stood there in the football match. How he told me that he was 'irresistible and unconditionally in love with me'

I remember the emotions on his face when he looked at me. You couldn't lie about feelings like that

I knew he felt hat I felt. I knew he was aching right now. I knew my Elliott still loved me.

But he let me go.

I was The Quarterback's Girl, until he let me go.

Author note: PLEASE READ !!

I have enough tissue for everyone *sniff and blows nose *. I think I just broke my own heart. And My ship just sank (Also I need a ship name for these too- though it's a bit late now!)

And that's then end of the Quarterback's girl hope you enjoyed my story.

I'm only joking there are going to be many more chapters. Sorry this chapter was so repetitive.

So what do you think of Elliott's departure? Do you think he'll ever come back?

Tell me exactly what you think and what's going to happen next. I'm so excited I know exactly how the rest of the book is going to plan our. I can't believe I have made it this far. Also might take me a few days to update cause of the huge future plot change. I'm buzzing

The plot will change and some characters that weren't important before will become more like main characters. *Conner cough cough*

Important: Elliott will comeback at some point but he's gone for a while :End of important.

Also would anyone want a chapter form Elliott's point of view of the past 2 chapters

I hope you can keep supporting my story and the more support I get it motivates me to update x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 56.1K 63
"I know we broke up, but.., " he whispers in my ear, trailing his finger lightly along my arm. He places a soft kiss on my collarbone, making a shive...
263K 10.5K 29
Started 16.4.17 Finished 7.6.17 HIGHEST RANK IS #10 IN TEEN FICTION :) Current cover is by @Aisling_Page "Hey," an unfamiliar voice said behind me, I...
Belong By Snow White

Teen Fiction

8.1K 746 36
Featured on @TeenFiction (Funny Bones) Book 1 in Belong Series Zoe Richard/Brown lives a life every girl dreams of despite that, she felt something i...
20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...