The Nanny

By bellisima18

SHE... Pretty, smart, an AB English graduate at Ewha Womans University with flying colors, she grew up in Se... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three (Finale)

Chapter Thirty

784 21 0
By bellisima18

The Nanny

Amber's car parked on the driveway of the Choi's just as they arrived. Sulli can still see the worried faces of everyone the moment they entered the house. They let Yoogeun entered first as everyone was silently waiting in the living room.

"Yoogeun!!" Ms. Victoria and Krystal was the first to stood the moment they saw the kid.

"Aunt Vic and Aunt Krystal!!" Yoogeun casually replied as he both gave the two a kiss on the cheek... as if nothing happened.. as if he didn't cause everyone a total chaos.  "Uncle Tae!!" Yoogeun run towards Taemin and clung onto the lad's waist.

"Yoogie-oh.." Taemin said as he ruffled the kids hair.

"But why is everyone here?" asked Yoogeun innocently as his eyes roamed around to the people in the living room. Everyone exchanges glances but nobody dares to talk.

"Yoogeun.." with a serious face Mr. Minho finally spoke..

"Daddy.." Yoogeun utter.

Minho slightly nod and made a hand gesture towards Yoogeun to come near him. He knew his Dad was mad just by looking at his serious face.. the kid hesitantly step towards Minho.. standing still infront of his Dad and bent his head as he knew he did something wrong.

"I'm sorry Daddy." said Yoogeun.

Minho didn't say anything as he just stared at him.. still with a serious face. He don't know how to deal with the situation. He can't just let his anger rule over him... as it won't help the kid. Minho look at Sulli as if asking her what to do.. and she just gave him a slight nod.

"Uhmm.. I believe they needed a moment." said Amber trying to break the tension.

"I believe so." Krystal seconded as the latter motioned everyone to give a room for Mr. Minho and Yoogeun to be alone.

"Sulli?" her Mom nudge her slightly as she didn't move from where she stood.

"Just a moment Mom.. I'll follow." she said. Her Mom shrugged and followed the rest.

She heard Mr. Minho  heaved a sighed as he knelt down and hold Yoogeun's forearms.

"Are you okay?" Mr. Minho asked. Sulli just stood at the corner.. and watch them.

Yoogeun nodded. "I am okay Daddy." the kid answered.

"You know Daddy is mad right?" Mr. Minho said.

Yoogeun look at his Dad apologetically and nodded. "Daddy.. please don't get mad at Nanny. It was all my fault, I runaway." said Yoogeun.

"I'm actually not mad at anyone." said Mr. Minho which made her furrowed. "I am mad more to myself.. because I don't get you... I mean why Daddy can't understand how you felt Yoogeun?" asked Mr. Minho who seemed trying hard to fight back the emotion of shame he was feeling.

Yoogeun just look at his Dad. His little arms reached his Daddy's neck and held them into embrace.

"I'm sorry son." said Mr. Minho in between sobs.

Sulli felt warmth watching the two.. as she wiped the tears stream down her own face and left them. Now she has to face her own issues.

__

"Mom . . . I . . . I don't know how to-" she said in stutter the moment she and her Mom got the chance to be alone in one corner.

"So you're working as a Nanny?" her Mom cut her off.

Sulli bit her lips.. "Yes." she admitted without looking at her Mom. She knew her Mom was mad..  her voice said it all. She was totally disappointed.

"Why'd you lie to me Jinri?" asked her Mom..

"I'd never lied to you.." she answered.

Her Mom let out a groan. "Never?" she asked.

"Ever.." she said...

"I know.." her Mom replied with sarcasm.

"I just... I wanted to tell you-" she stuttered.

"Then why didn't you tell me?" her Mom cut her again.

"I will.." she said.

"Then...?" her Mom asked.

"Oh, Mom.. I couldn't handle it anymore.." she wince. "I just couldn't handle it..." she continued.

"The what?" her Mom asked. "Look at me.." her Mom added as she held up her chin so she could look at her in the eye. "What couldn't you handle? You're young, you're smart, you're energetic. You got this incredibly bright future ahead of you... and then what happened?" her Mom asked.

"It was too bright, Mom." she answered... as if she was back again to the person who first stepped the Choi Empire building. Lost. She was feeling lost again at that very moment.

"All right?" her Mom asked.. trying to catch up with the Jinri she was seeing now.

"I just . . . I just . . . I got . . . I had to get away." she said stuttering.

"And do this? As if this was your last option?" her Mom asked in disbelief.

"You  have to understand Mom.." she said.

"Understand? Every night shift I worked, every overtime hour I accepted, I did it because I wanted something better for you than I had. And you are telling me now to understand?" her Mom said... trying to maintain her calmed voice.

"I'm sorry Mom.." she said.

"And worst you connive everyone to make me believe of something unreal. I wasn't expecting this from you Jinri. Not at all." her Mom said throwing her hands. The way she said the words.. she knew she was hurt. "Enlighten me, Jinri. So I would understand.. because as I can see it. The way everyone treated you. The four-year degree you had finished in College was now all worthless. You deserve something better... better than this." her Mom added.

"It's because you expect too much Mom." Sulli reasoned out.

"Well yeah, maybe I expected to much." her Mom said.

"And I don't... " said Sulli... as she was pertaining to herself.

Her Mom shut her eyes... a variety of expressions fleeted across her Mom's face. "Call me when this phase of your life is over.." she finally said shoving her hands on her and called Amber.

"Auntie? Sulli?.. have you guys talked?" asked Amber looking at them. Her Mom nodded.

"I know you're a part of this Amber. I know you're just being a good friend, I can't blame you. Let's go.. just send me off to the bus station." said her Mom as she headed first towards the gate.

"I'm sorry Ssul." said Amber and hugged her.

Sulli just nodded as the lass patted her back. "Thank you.. take care of Mom." she said. Amber nodded and followed her Mom. She was left more frustrated at herself more than ever.. watching Amber's car driving away.

"You never mentioned you had a Mother, Nanny.." said Ms. Victoria who passed by her. Sulli look at the lady displeased.

"Victoria!!" Mr. Yunho exclaimed.. the lady just raised her brow then shrugged.

"Oh well.. you know you'll be responsible with this even if this isn't your fault, Nanny?" said Ms. Victoria. "See you on the following days." the lady added and left. She desparately wanted to yell out after her... but it was like one of  those awful dreams where she had no voice. Like clearly, the lady is heinous...

"Jinri... I'm sorry about Victoria's behaviour." Mr. Yunho approached her. She only nodded. "You know my offer still stand.. if ever you change your mind. Just call me, okay?" he reminded.

"Thank you Mr. U-know." she smiled wryly.

"We'll get going. You should rest." Mr. Yunho said as he bid farewell and follow the lady.

Her desire to be an observer of life was actually keeping her from living one... and it's all coming down to her now. Would she quit? she found herself sitting down on one of the flatform.. cradling her knees in her arms while looking away.

"Seemed you're in a deep thought. May I join you?" Mr. Minho spoke.. she didn't answer or even look at him. He sat down next to her without her inviting him. "You're thinking of quitting?" asked Mr. Minho after awhile.

Sulli heaved a sigh. "I tried so many times.. but I can't, alright." she replied.

"I am surprised.. you're thinking of really quitting. Why? Is this really hard for you?" asked Mr. Minho.

"Don't be greedy Mr. Minho.. I also wanted to try other things than this... but I don't want to break Yoogeun's heart. So I stayed." she said.

"But now you're thinking of qutting, right? What about my heart? Do I count for anything?" Mr. Minho asked.

Sulli side glance at him.. "You know I can't be with you.. if I'm still working here, right?" she said. "Ms. Yuri can also use it as a ground.. to file a case against you so she could have Yoogeun's fully custody. Having an affair with your Nanny's son?" she added with a smirk in her mocking way.

"Are you that really self-less? To forget everything between us and set aside your happiness.. because you're doing me a favor?" said Mr. Minho. "This is as though you're telling me to choose to just let you go.. or you stay but there's no us." he added. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to fall for you.. Mr. Minho. I came here because I want a job and I guess that's all that matters now." she said not looking at his way.

Mr. Minho clasps his hand and side glance at her. "So just like that? Your pushing me away?" he asked.

Sulli nodded slightly not looking at him. "I'm sorry.. I think it's for the best." she said.

Mr. Minho chuckled. "I . . . I don't actually get it." he said.

"Look Mr. Minho I am at lost.. I don't even understand myself... I'm not ready. I know soon this will be over.." she said. "I'm sorry." she added as she stood up and was about to leave him there but he grabbed her arm.

"Just like that?" he repeated.

Sulli nodded looking away. "It won't work." she said in a low voice.

Minho close his eyes and nod as he let go of her arm.

Sulli knew how sincere he was and she just hurt him.. she can see the hurt expression fleeted all over his face... She just don't want to give him false hope, that's all because she knew she will leave them soon..

__

Sulli was about to hit the sack as she tuck herself on bed when someone knocked on her door.

"Who's there?" she shouted... the door opened and it was Yoogeun.

"Oh Mr. Tattle-tale, I thought I already tucked you in bed?" she said surprised.

"I can't sleep Nanny... can I sleep here?" Yoogeun said... she gestured her hand for him to come over.

"What's bothering you Mr. Tattle-tale? Did anything happened while you were on the road earlier?" she asked a bit worried.

"Nope.. nothing happened. I just wanted to sleep here beside you. Can I?" Yoogeun said.

"Sure.. but my bed isn't big enough." she said.

"That's fine.." said Yoogeun smiling at her. Sulli ruffled his hair as she move aside and give the kid a space so he could lay himself beside her comfortably.

"When I grow up.. I want enough money. I'll build a castle.. so you and your Mom would live with us." said Yoogeun after awhile.

"Just remember Mr. Tattle-tale that money can't buy love." she said.

"But Daddy pays you money and I love you." said Yoogeun innocently.

"Yoogeun!?" she exclaimed.

Yoogeun just smiled at her.. Sulli heaved a sigh, she wasn't able to utter a word... she's been thinking if she would tell him or not.

"Mr. Tattle-tale?"

"Hmm.. Nanny?"

"You know I . . ."

"What Nanny?" Yoogeun impatiently asked.

"I'm . . . I'm not gonna be your Nanny forever." she said.

"It can't be... you'll always be my Nanny." said Yoogeun in a sleepy voice.

"No.. I can't be." she said trying to tell him the reality. "But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna always be your friend." she added... Yoogeun didn't answer. Sulli checked on him and the kid was now sleeping soundly.. she heaved a sigh as she fixed the covers on top of him.

She lay beside him and stared blankly at the ceiling. "What to do Yoogeun?" she murmured... before shutting her eyes to drift off to sleep.

__

Days has gone.. and Minho thought things would get better but seemed everything was gone worst as he received a letter from court recommending a family counselling before they proceed to the legal process of child custody... When he and Yuri filed a divorce they hadn't gotten into such things as it was Yuri who delebarately gave the full custody of their son to him.

Minho shook his head as he throw drastically the letter on his table. "This is just too absurd." he hissed. "Mr. Kim get inside!!" he said rasing a voice over the intercom. Mr. Kim immediately stormed inside his office.

"Yes.. Mr. Choi." Mr. Kim said bowing his head.

"Have you find out the reason on how did Yuri know that Yoogeun was missing?" he asked.

"Probably.. she's been spying on you Mr. Choi." answered Mr. Kim.

"Probably? So you aren't sure?" he asked in his mocking way.

"Well.. I think-"

Minho cut him in mid-sentence. "You think?.... Didn't I ordered you to investigate this matter?" he said raising his voice once again.

"Excuse me Mr. Choi.. may I just say one thing. I don't think if it really matters if she chooses to spy on you.. I think Ms. Kwon only wanted a fair custody of your son.. but you won't let her. So it's her desperate move to find a lopeholes so she could file a restraining order against you." said Mr. Kim.

Minho was displeased... though the lad has a point. He narrowed his eyes towards Mr. Kim. "Go on.." he motioned him.

"Do you really have this kind of feeling to Ms. Sulli?" asked Mr. Kim.

"Mr. Kim you don't have the right-" he was cut off as Mr. Kim continued.

"Are you really that serious to Ms. Sulli? Because if you are... you should let your guard down and let Ms. Kwon have her rights. So it won't complicate things between you and the lady. That I think.. would be best." said Mr. Kim. He just stared at the lad and didn't comment as it made him think.... as though what he said was the only solution he got for this matter. But the lad was somewhat right...

"I'm sorry Mr. Choi if you think I interfere too much.. but that's an only advice. It is either you lost both. . .  excuse me." said Mr. Kim before he went out the office.

Minho clasps his hands together as his elbows rested on the table trying to think over the things Mr. Kim said awhile ago. He was on that state when Victoria stormed in his office.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Oh.. that is indeed a welcome. Thank you cousin deary!" Victoria replied with sarcasm.

Minho let out a sigh of exasperation. "What brought you here?" he asked.

Victoria held the letter from the court and silently read them. "I've got one too.. but it's not from the court. It's from the Parent's Society.. I don't even understand why it should be mailed to me when I'm not Yoogeun's guardian.." said Victoria with a rolled eyes.. then she took the said letter from her purse and gave them to him.

"What's this?" he asked about the white enveloped she handed him.

"Read it." said Vic... he look at her before he opened the letter and read them.

"The Nanny Conflict Resolution Seminar?" he mouthed in words as he read the content.

"Yes.. the entire point of the seminar is that everybody brings their Nanny." explained Victoria.

"Are you suggesting that I should attend this with Ms. Sulli?" he asked.

Victoria nodded. "U- huh.. or if you want I'll go with her." Vic offered... which made him furrowed as he felt something strange would happen in that seminar.

"When is this?" he asked.

"The day after tomorrow." said Vic. "Okay I just dropped by to tell the news... call me if you're not going. I'll be your sub." Vic added as she was about to exit but he stopped her.

"Is this really necessary? I mean.. Ms. Sulli can't attend this kind of-" he said.

"And why not? The last time I know.. she's a Nanny?" said Vic.

Minho crossed his arms and look at Vic. "What are you up to? Why are you so eager to let Ms. Sulli attend this?" he asked in doubts.

Victoria squinted her eyes on him. "I presume you are not implying something?.. well, I guess they had an idea about what happened to Yoogeun and they wanted to question your dearest Nanny of her acts of neglecting the kid." Vic reason out.

"We know that's not true." he said. "And how did they know? It's a family matter." he added.

"Are you really this serious about her? It's your kid we are talking here. And what would you expect? you are Choi Minho.. you're living in Pyeongchang-dong, Seoul's Beverly Hills do you expect people not to make a buzz about it?.. And besides that was a serious matter, Minho. You are a part of the society.. and the society won't just let it pass... they will question eventually her capacity of how she take care of your child." Victoria rants.

"Fine.. I just want to warn you Vic. Just don't mess around. Or else you'll end up. . .  nothing." Minho said.

Victoria smirked in annoyance. "I actually even thought that it should time to let her go.. but don't worry I won't do anything." Vic said.

"I will rely on that.." said Minho.

"Whatever.." Vic last said throwing her hands in surrender and stormed out from his office. Minho can only shook his head as he don't trust the lass. But what bothers him most was what Mr. Kim's advice... would he just let go of things for everyone's sake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
580K 19.5K 27
Why were all the so-called normal guys, a**holes? Why couldn't she find a decent guy. Was something wrong with her? She knew her days of youthfulness...
652K 17.1K 44
"If you're a good girl, you'll get some treats, won't you? " A forceful marriage proposal from the famous star?! "If so sign here. Huh, this here...
8.5K 230 12
C Tommy got traveled into a different university he doesn't know what to do what will he do no family or friends he alone