The Nanny

By bellisima18

SHE... Pretty, smart, an AB English graduate at Ewha Womans University with flying colors, she grew up in Se... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three (Finale)

Chapter Twenty Six

808 23 0
By bellisima18

The Nanny

The moment Sulli stepped at the entrance of the ballroom hall all eyes were darted at her and she has no idea why. Her eyes wandered at the crowd looking for someone in particular... and the person she's looking for was on the stage staring at her from a far mindlessly.. she was dazzled by the flashes of camera. It was as if she was in the middle of a movie.. she faced palm trying to hide her face, The least she wanted was to see herself at the frontpage of a tabloid or newspapers. Why do they even wanted her to be their subject.. which in fact she is a nobody. She's just Mr. Minho son's Nanny. Thankfully Mr. Kim held her arm and gesture her to the side..

"Are you okay Ms. Sulli?" asked Mr.Kim.

"Ha? Ah of course.. why wouldn't I be okay?" she said.

"I mean those medias were harrassing you.. by taking your photos." said Mr. Kim.

"But why? I mean.. why do they even bother to take my photos when I'm just a nobody." she shrugged.

"Well.. I guess someone was captivated by your looks tonight and he's been staring at you the moment you entered the hall." said Mr. Kim which made her furrow her brows.

"Are you talking about your boss?" she asked bluntly.

Mr. Kim just shrugged... then they heard Mr. Minho continued his speech.

"There is no short-cut to success... Luck is not a chance.. to me luck is another name for hardwork. Failures.. it face us at every step. Success can be achieved by those who do not mind failures, but struggle on till the end is reached. And when our energy fails us, we should remember the Rome was not built in a day. With that in mind fresh vigor and energy will infuse to us. But we must not think that the success can be achieved with the help of Aladdin's lamp.. perseverance and fortitude in order to earned fortune's smile."

Sulli was moved by his words.. he was excellent. She can hear the crowd gave him an applause after his speech. He was indeed successful from his own perception. Somehow Sulli felt grateful that she became a part of Mr. Minho's life.. as she was learning a lot from him. It made her realized now that... it's okay to fail. She smiled and join the crowd to give Mr. Minho an around of applause.

"Thank you Mr. Choi for the wonderful speech.." said the host.

"I didn't say I'm done yet.." Mr. Minho interrupted which made the crowd went silent again.

"Oh?.. I'm sorry Mr. Choi the floor is still yours. Please continue" said the host and bowed at the head apologetically. Minho just chuckled.

"At the middle of my speech... I paused for a moment and the media took someone's photo of a woman. Would you mind if I ask you to give me the copies of those photos?" said Mr. Minho which made her creased her brow.

"Yah.. Mr. Kim what is he talking? Was it still a part of his speech?" she nudge Mr. Kim.

"Ssshh.. just listen and watch him." said Mr. Kim.

"Ah Mr. Choi excuse me.. can we ask if who was that woman? I mean what is she to you?" asked the media man.

"I'm sorry.. we don't entertain such question." said the host.. "I'm sorry Mr. Choi." the host turned to the Mr. Minho..

Mr. Minho just shoved his hand. "It's okay... I don't tend to talk about my personal life in public.. pardon me. But then.. let me ask a favor not to screw things for me. That woman is not a public figure.. as much as I want to tell the world how she change me in a span of time.. we're not on that part, yet. You don't want me to be scolded later.. do you?" said Mr. Minho which made the crowd laugh. "And I'm also kinda possesive.." he added humorously... as if giving a hint.

"Of course Mr. Choi.. we respect that. We'll give you all the copies and we won't include any in the article. It's already a privilege to be a part of this big clebration of your company. We wish you best Mr. Choi.. get the woman's heart." said one of the media man.. who seemed to be the head.

"Thank you. I will rely on that." said Mr. Choi..

Sulli chuckled on where she stood... she knew her face turned red at what the man's last said. Mr. Minho smiled as his eyes roamed the crowd to find where she is.. their eyes locked the moment he found her. Mr. Minho give her his dashing smile.. and she just smile back and bent her head down as the crowd seemed following Mr. Minho's gaze.

"Aish.. your boss." she said towards Mr. Kim.

"Isn't he daring?" Mr. Kim chuckled. "Or should I say possessed?" he added.

Sulli giggled with Mr. Kim's quirkiness. "You're talking behind your boss back." she said.

"It's a little secret. You think so, right?" Mr. Kim said.

"Yeah, whatever." she agreed as she giggled. Mr. Kim just smirk and shook his head.

__

Sulli roamed around the ballroom hall as she was looking for Yoogeun when she met Mr. Yunho on her way.

"Jinri?" Mr. Yunho called out.

"Ah..Mr. Yunho." she said as she slightly bent her head to acknowledge him.

"I almost didn't recognize you." Mr. Yunho said.

"Should I take it as a compliment?" she teased.

"More than that.. I'm glad I see you here." he said. "Uhmm.. drinks?" Mr. Yunho motioned her a glass of wine but she refuse to take it.

"I am actually looking for Yoogeun." she said.

"Oh that... by the way I haven't apologize yet. I'm sorry about what happened back there in Busan." Mr. Yunho said as he's trying to start a conversation. It was just the first time they met after the incident.

"Forget about it.."she said smiling genuinely at him.

Mr. Yunho let out a sigh of relief. "So.. can I ask you for a dance?" he said which made her taken aback.

"Ah?..hmm" she mumbles.. turning her head to the other side as she felt  worried might Mr. Minho saw them and cause a commotion.. which made her thought why she's even worried about it? It's not as though she and Mr. Yunho committing a sin, right?

"Are you scared.. might someone get jealous?" Mr. Yunho asked suddenly trying to guess her thoughts at the moment.

"Ha? No.. of course not. Let's.. go?." she said hesitantly as she gestured her hand towards the ballroom floor.

__

Minho clenched his fist as he saw Sulli dancing with Yunho.. he's been looking at her from the crowd and he found her there at the ballroom floor together with Yunho talking and laughing sweetly while slapping slightly the man's arm.

"Jealous?" Victoria said slightly nudging her.

Minho just glared. "Are you?" he snap back.

Victoria just smirked. "Wanna dance?" she said instead.

Minho heaved a sigh as he motioned his arms to Vic. "Let's go." he said just then when Vic clung onto his arm as they joined the other couple at the ballroom floor.

__

Sulli pretended that she didn't notice the two as she and Mr. Yunho swayed to Lauryn Hill's version of "Can't Take My Eyes of You."

Pardon the way that I stare.

There's nothing else to compare.

The sight of you leaves me weak.

There are no words left to speak.

But if you feel like I feel.

Please let me know that it's real.

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off of you.

Just like the lyrics of the song she can felt Mr. Minho's gaze on her.. she can no longer deny the fact that he has effect on her. She heaved a deep sigh as she seemed to hear the thumping of her heart under his stare.

"What's with the long sighed?" asked Mr. Yunho.

She just smiled and shook her head. "Nothing.. hmm Mr. Yunho, don't you think you should start wooing her again?" she asked instead. She asked him earlier of his so-called feelings on her.. and he admitted that though he like her.. but it wasn't as deep as he felt for Ms. Victoria. And he seem to be still inlove with the lady.

"She hasn't change yet." he said.

"But you don't change someone you love right?" she said.

Mr. Yunho sigh and smile at her. "But our case was different. I tried to accept her flows.. and it seemed didn't work out."

"But you still love her?" she asked. Mr. Yunho just stared at her and slightly nod.

Sulli smiled. "So I guess.. we should go back to our respective partners?" she suggested.

"You think so? So you already admitted that you like him?" Mr. Yunho asked.

Sulli was stupefied..

"C'mon Jinri.. you like him. You just have to accept it." said Mr. Yunho. She was really glad that he had someone to talk about those things..

"I want to.. but I guess if I'd do that.. I have to move out." she said.. as she bent her head trying to hide her misty eyes from him.

"You're torn between yourself and your principles. Then leave them and work for me. My company was been waiting for you ever since you finished your degree." said Mr. Yunho bluntly.

"You know I can't leave Yoogeun." she said. Just by saying that she'll leave Yoogeun makes her felt like crying..

"You won't leave the kid.. because you'll gonna be his Mom soon." he said which made her sniffled.

"Aish.. we're being serious here." she said as she slap Mr. Yunho on his chest. He grab her hands and squeezed them.

"Yah.. stop being so dumb! Can't you see the guy is head over heels inlove with you." said Mr. Yunho.

She shook his head. "I don't know.." she just said.

"So.. one of this days I'm gonna wait for your call to accept the job?" Mr. Yunho extend his hand.. she just stared at it and crooked her head. They were on that state when Mr. Minho stood beside them together with Ms.Victoria. 

"Aren't the two of you becoming too cozy?" Mr. Minho said sarcastically.. which made her creased an eyebrow.

Sulli gave an eye signal to Mr. Yunho to invite Ms. Victoria for a dance.. but he just stiffined from his post.

"Mr. Minho I think someone needs to catch up." she said.

"Ha?" Mr. Minho asked clueless she just glared at him. She saw Ms. Victoria flushed.. as the lady look at her in confusion. She smiled at Ms. Victoria before she held Mr. Minho's arm and drag him away from the two.

__

"What was that'?" asked Mr. Minho.

"The what?" she asked.. as if she know nothing.

"That.. what's that scheme?" he asked.

"Are you dumb or what? It's not a scheme Mr. Minho." she said.

"So what was it?" he asked as they stopped walking and found themselves standing in a corner of the ballroom hall.

"You've been staring at me the entire night.. you forced me to attend this party that you even let your men harrassed me just to wear this dress and you haven't even ask me for a dance." she rants.

"What forced? Who harrassed you?" Mr. Minho asked confused.

"You didn't know?" she asked.

"I thought you came here on your own will?" said Mr. Minho.. she shook her head.

"No.. Mr. Kim. Oh wait.. you didn't ordered Mr. Kim to forced me to attend this party?" she asked.

"Hmm.. Mr. Kim told me that he'll took care of things but I wasn't really expecting you'd come. But I'm glad you did." said Mr. Minho.

"Yah.. Mr. kIM!" she exclaimed as she felt betrayed. She was about to find Mr. Kim to scold him but Mr. Minho grab her arm.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm gonna find Mr. Kim.." she said furious.

"I thought you want to dance with me?" he asked intently...

She was taken aback."Ha.. eeehh.."

"May I?" Mr. Minho said not moving his gaze from her.. she let her gaze connect with his. Mr. Minho pulled her closer to him that she nearly lost her breath.. she then felt his hands move to her back down her hips.

"Mr. Minho..." the words came out in gasps.

"Hmm.." his response.

"Here?.." she asked mindlessly.

"What here? Why do you want us to go somewhere?" Mr. Minho asked in teased.

She was dumbfounded. "Is he thinking something-" she thought... her eyes widen as it seemed he misinterpret what she said. "Ah yah.. Mr. Minho!" she exclaimed as she slapped his chest. Mr. Minho laugh lightly as he grabbed her hands and held them closer to his chest.

Mr. Minho heaved a sigh and gazed at her again. She bent down her head and this time not meeting his gaze. "I'm sorry... it's just you're too beautiful and just like the song said.. I can't just take my eyes off of you."

Sulli chuckle.. it was so cheesy of him but it brought her a giddy feeling. She met his eyes as she wore a poker face and said. "Stop acting cute Mr. Minho." while  suppressing a smile. They were no longer dancing as they just stood up at the corner facing each other.

"I'm not." Mr. Minho grinned.

Sulli decided to let go of her feelings even just for the night... "Hmm.. about the woman you were saying earlier after your speech. Is it.. possibly-"

"You.." he said cutting her off.

"Me?" she pointed at herself as if she had no idea.. but she knew it was her as he stared at her the entire time he was talking.

"Come follow me.. I want to talk to you alone." he said and held her one hand as they walk through the crowd. Mr. Minho bring her outside the ballroom hall.. near the pool area where in they could talk freely. He never let go of her hand instead he took the other one and both held them. She can feel her heart pounding on her chest again but this time  it was too intense.

Mr. Minho cleared his throat and just stared at her.

"So?" she asked she was getting bored. "Are you just going to stare at me all night?" she bluntly asked trying to calm her nerves as she don't have any idea on what are they going to talk about in a place apart from the crowd.

"I know I've said this to you before.. but I would love to say it over and over until I get an answer." he started..

"Hmm.. which one?" she asked.

"That I like you.. No.." he shook his head. "I rephrase.. I'm inlove with you Ms. Sulli." he said.

She was again flustered.. he was right he already said it once but this time it felt different as she finally admitted  that she felt the same way to him. But there's still something holding her back. She look at him tenderly as if in that way she can tell how she felt towards him... but then she hold her gaze back as she bent down her head. She shook her head mindlessly.. "No she can't be greedy.." she thought.

Mr. Minho sigh. "You like Yunho over me, right?" he asked... which made her look at him again.

She shook her head. "No.. not that." she said.

"Then who?"

"It's not because of anyone." she said.

"Then what?" he asked.

"Myself?" she answered.

Mr. Minho furrowed. "Yourself?" he repeatedly asked as he seemed misunderstand her.

"It's not what you think.." she rolled her eyes. "I don't have gender crisis." she added.

"Of course you don't.. I didn't mean it that way." he said. "I just don't understand what's holding you back."

"Yah.. conceited! I didn't even said I also like you." she pouted.

Mr. Minho chuckled. "But there are always ways to know.."

"Like?" she challenge while raising an eyebrow.

"Like this..." he said watching her intently she was to step backward but she was too late as he closed their gap.. the next thing she knew was that he's actually kissing her.. caressing her lips gently with his.. softly... with a moan she opened up. Letting him in.. needing more without holding her feelings back.

The kiss as though Minho had been out in the cold for too long as she's the only one who bring him back to its normal warmth. As much as he don't want to end the kiss.. he has too. His breath caught in the back of his throat.. one arm wrapped around her back crossing her shoulder to cup her nape as he tilted his forehead against hers. He has to hold her still.. or else he might claim that luscious lips of hers again.

"Lips don't lie." he said panting.. which made Sulli chuckled and hid her face on his chest.

"You really don't know how to wait." she muttered in between... which made him laugh light heartedly.

"So?" he asked.. wiggling his brow trying his luck to get her answer.

"What so-so?" she look up at him in wide eyed.. but it was obvious on her lovely face that she was suppressing a smile.

"Hmm.." he interlaced their fingers.. she just glowered at them and send him a questioning look.

"What?" she asked.

"We are.." he said plainly while squeezing their hand.

Sulli narrowed her eyes on him... "You just said it.. Luck is another name for hardwork. Hmm!" she pouted.. taking away her hand from him as she crossed her arms against her chest.

"You seemed to like the kiss, though. Do you want me to kiss you again?" he threatened.. and was about to lean forward but she walked out on him

"You can kiss the wall." she said before she left him there..

Minho was left beaming with joy.. as he stared at her back as she gracefully walk towards the crowd.. until he can no longer see her figure.. He wasn't sure what she meant by re-quoting his own words of wisdom but there is one thing he's sure of.. she felt the same way as his.

"Ehemm.." his thoughts was interrupted by Mr. Kim's presence.

"Yes Mr. Kim." he asked.. smiling at the lad as he's still in a good mood.

"I'm sorry to disturb you Mr. Choi.. but you have an unwanted guest. And she wanted to talk to you." informed Mr. Kim which made him furrowed. His smile faded as he can guess who it was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 32.2K 48
The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died giving birth to her. Being neglected and...
131K 12.3K 56
Her wedding night was supposed to be the happiest day of her life, after having gotten over her ex and getting married to a man she was gradually fal...
2.7M 111K 62
Sidharth Karthikeya Roy, a dangerous and powerful businessman who is a ruthless CEO of Roy group. He got entangled in an arranged marriage with Megha...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...