Successfully Troubled {Rated...

By TheGoldenFantasies

More money, more problems. These ladies are no exception to the rule. More

Successfully Troubled {Rated M} - Intro
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty Part Two(Author's POV).
Chapter Twenty Part Three (Author's POV).
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter Twenty Four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty Two.
Chapter Thirty Three.
Chapter Thirty Four.
Chapter Thirty Five.
Chapter Thirty Six.
Chapter Thirty Seven.
Chapter Thirty Eight.
Chapter Thirty Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Chapter Forty One.
Chapter Forty Two.
Chapter Forty Three.
Chapter Forty Four.
Chapter Forty Five.
Chapter Forty Six.
Chapter Forty Seven.
Chapter Forty Eight.
Chapter Forty Nine.
Chapter Fifty.
Chapter Fifty One.
Chapter Fifty Two.
Chapter Fifty Three.
Chapter Fifty Four.
Chapter Fifty Five.
Chapter Fifty Six.
Chapter Fifty Seven.
Chapter Fifty Eight.
Chapter Fifty Nine.
Chapter Sixty.
Chapter Sixty One.
Chapter Sixty Two.
Chapter Sixty Three.
Chapter Sixty Four.
Chapter Sixty Five.
Chapter Sixty Six.
Chapter Sixty Seven.
Chapter Sixty Eight.
Chapter Sixty Nine.
Chapter Seventy.
Chapter Seventy One.
Chapter Seventy Two.
Chapter Seventy Three.
Chapter Seventy Four.

Chapter Twenty.

198 7 4
By TheGoldenFantasies

As the weeks went by, it was finally the day of the family dinner. Stephanie was grocery shopping with Drew, picking up a few things that Stassi was missing. Stephanie called her sisters and made sure that they were still coming. Priscilla said that she was definitely gonna make it. Anastasia was coming with Jermaine and Drew was accompanying Stephanie. Lashelle, against her will, said she was going to make it with Trey. Though the two of them would be a little late.

Stephanie and Drew were taking their relationship slow and getting a feel for being more intimate with each other than just best friends. Oddly enough, it didn't feel weird or awkward. It felt...right. Like it belonged that way. They weren't girlfriend and boyfriend officially, but they both knew it was just a matter of time.

"So what's on the menu for tonight?" Drew asked her, grabbing the flour and putting it in the basket.

"Let's see. Margarita grilled shrimp for an appetizer, Chipotle chicken, macaroni and cheese, sweet carrots, broccoli and for dessert, Tres Leches cake." Stephanie explained.

"Damn, I can't wait. You know your mama's got some skills in the kitchen."

"Yeah, she taught us girls everything we know." She smiled.

As they continued shopping, Drew would mess with Stephanie by grabbing her ass or gently slapping it which led to her hitting him in the arm or the chest.

"Drew? Drew Carter, is that you?" A feminine voice asked.

Stephanie and Drew turned around to see a tall girl with ginger colored hair that flowed down her shoulder in waves and dark brown eyes. She strutted down the aisle in her ankle boots and approached them both with a smile, which was mainly directed at Drew. Stephanie looked up at Drew, who looked like he was dreading that he ran into her. She understood his pain.

"Melissa Campbell." Drew said.

"Drew Carter. I haven't seen you since sophomore year of high school. How have you been?" Melissa asked, looking him up and down.

"I've been great. Absolutely great." He replied.

"You look great."

"Thanks. Um, you remember Stephanie, right?"

"No, I don't think I do."

"Stephanie D'Cruz." Stephanie spoke up, "You and your clueless crew used to torment me and play pranks on me in high school, remember?"

"You're that Stephanie D'Cruz? Wow, girl. You must've dropped at least, 40, 50 pounds." Melissa stated, shocked.

"Uh-huh."

"Still got to work on those hips and that ass, though. Those things are massive. Maybe you should lay off the carbs." She shot at her.

"Maybe you should lay off the dick sucking and start eating some carbs. Then you wouldn't be looking like you could hula hoop with a Cheerio." Stephanie shot back at her.

Melissa raised both eyebrows and clapped her hands, "Well, well, well. Look who's grown a backbone."

"I always had one. You just weren't worth trying to fight with. I come from a family of verbal and physical savages. I could rip you apart through my words or my fists, I just chose not to. We're not in high school anymore, sweetie. You run nothing, ok?"

"Melissa, my suggestion to you is that you go about whatever you were doing before." Drew advised her.

"Aw, come on, Drew Bear. You're not still mad at me, are you?" Melissa pouted and messed with the collar of his shirt.

"You cheated on me while we were together and it was with a good friend of mine. Nah, I'm not mad. But I don't care if I ever see you again."

"You don't mean that."

"I think he does." Stephanie stated and moved her hand from off of him, "Now like he said, go about your business and leave us both be."

Melissa scoffed and looked at Drew, "Call me. My number's still the same. I know you miss me."

She winked at him and looked Stephanie up and down before walking away. Drew shook his head and the two of them went towards a register to check out.

"You seriously need to make better choices in your women." She told him.

"I'm learning that the hard way." He shook his head, "But I got you. It's a start."

"Lucky you." She joked.

Towards nighttime, Stephanie and Stassi were placing plates and silverware on the table. Stephanie went for a girly, summer look with her outfit. She wore a yellow dress that flared out at the bottom and showed her stomach a bit and open toed beige and pink heels. Her teal colored hair was straight and ombré styled, going from a darker blue to a much lighter blue.

Stassi stuck with a classic look. She wore a white collared 1950's vintage style dress with French cuffs and white pumps. Her short hair was styled in pin curls and her lips were layered with dark red lipstick.

Stephanie looked at her mother and smiled.

"What's got you so happy over there?" Stassi asked.

"You're just beautiful, mama. You're always smiling and pushing through even though you're tired most of the time." Stephanie replied.

"Oh, angel. You are so sweet." She started, "As for being tired all of the time, I've got to keep pushing on. It's in my blood. Life doesn't stop just because you have a few obstacles in the way. You just find a way to work around it."

"I love you, mama."

"I love you too, my dear."

Stassi kissed her forehead, making sure not to leave any lipstick on her forehead.

"I'm going to go check on dinner. Please set the wine on the table and fill the water glasses for me." She reminded Stephanie.

"Yes, ma'am."

Stephanie did what she was told and the doorbell rang. Stephanie brushed off her dress and went to answer it. When she did, Priscilla and Anastasia were standing in front of her.

"Heyyyy, what's up, my sistas?" She greeted them.

She hugged them and led them inside of the house. Priscilla took off her jacket, revealing her black ribbed asymmetrical sheath dress as her black YSL Tribute heels clicked across the hardwood floors.

Anastasia was dressed in a classic beige romper with matching Louboutins.

"Well, don't you look girly and adorable?" Priscilla complimented Stephanie.

"Gracias, gracias. Where you get that dress from? Showing all that ass." Stephanie joked.

Priscilla laughed, "It was in my closet and I hadn't worn it. So I figured, why not wear it tonight?"

"I got you, girl. Ana, you look classy and cute."

"Thank you, boo. I need to get y'all on the cover of an issue of my magazine. Get even more clients to the salon." Anastasia said.

"I'd be down with that." Priscilla told her.

"Me too." Stephanie agreed, "But Ana, where is Jermaine? I thought you would be coming with him."

"He had to stay behind and grade some papers. But he said he'd get changed at the school and head right on over when he's done. He should be finishing up now. But where is mama?"

"She's right here." Stassi announced as she walked out of the kitchen.

Priscilla and Anastasia squealed like two little kids and ran to her, hugging her tightly. The two of them complimented her on her look and let her know how much they missed her.

"Is Evilina really coming tonight?" Priscilla asked.

"If you mean Lashelle, yes. She is." Stephanie replied.

"Ugh...." Priscilla rolled her eyes.

"Hey, listen to me. Now tonight is a special night and it's a family night. We are all going to be on our best behaviors and act like we have some sense." Stassi warned them, "Is that clear?"

"Yes, ma'am." They all replied in unison.

The doorbell rang again and Stephanie went to answer it. When she saw Drew standing there, she wanted to squeal and jump all over him, but had to remind herself that she was in front of her family. He looked great in his black tee, light blue denim jeans and black Jordans.

"Hey, Dee Dee." She greeted him.

"Don't call me that in front of them." He groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Oh, shut up and come on in."

She moved out of the way for him to come in and he hugged her.

"You look so beautiful." He whispered in her ear.

"Thank you. You look very good."

He kissed her cheek in response and walked towards the others. Priscilla hugged him and told him she was glad to see him again. Anastasia was in shock at how much he'd grown up.

"Look at you, boy. Looking like you're grown or something." Anastasia smiled.

"I am." Drew chuckled, "But it's nice to see you, Ana. You look beautiful."

"Thank you, cutie pie. I might have to hit up some people I know and get you on a magazine or on the runway modeling some clothes."

"Hey, I'll take all the publicity I can get." He smiled and turned to Stassi, "Mama Stassi, always a pleasure to see you."

"Hi, honey. It's always good to see you." She smiled and hugged him.

The doorbell rang again and this time, Stassi went to answer it. When she opened the door, Jermaine was standing there.

"Jermaine! Hi, sweetheart." Stassi greeted him and hugged him.

"Hey, mama. How are you doing?" He smiled.

"I'm doing wonderful, sweetie. You are so tall, I can never get over that."

He chuckled, "You look gorgeous, mama. Ana, baby, you got some competition here."

"Oh, you little charmer." Stassi blushed and kissed his cheek.

"Hey, future brother in law." Priscilla greeted him with a hug.

"Cilla, Steph, what's up, what's up?" He pulled the two of them close and wrapped them up in a bear hug.

"Ay dios, Maine! Put us down! I got on a dress, damn it!" Stephanie exclaimed.

Jermaine laughed and put them both down on their feet, "Steph, you always were easy to mess with."

"Yeah, yeah." She rolled her eyes and fixed her hair, "Oh, Maine, this is my best friend, Drew. Drew, this is Ana's boyfriend Jermaine."

"What's good, man?" Jermaine greeted him and dapped him.

"What's up?" Drew smiled.

Jermaine walked over to Anastasia and kissed her lips, "My queen, you look sensational."

"Oh, do I? You were all ready to drop kick me for mama." Anastasia replied jokingly.

"Stop acting like that. You know no one can take your place. Mama is beautiful, though and you get it from her." He winked, causing her to blush.

Stephanie chuckled at them. They were a trip.

Twenty minutes later as everyone was conversing and talking, a knock came at the door. Stassi straightened out her dress and went to answer it. Stephanie watched her mom's mood go up even higher when she saw her sister.

"Sandra!" Stassi exclaimed excitedly.

"Stassi!" Sandra replied just as excited.

The two ladies hugged each other tightly and rocked from side to side. Stephanie smiled at the sight.

"Hermana, you look flawless." Stassi complimented Sandra.

"Gracias, dear. But you are the flawless one. That hair and that lip color alone is enough."

"Gracias, gracias." She smiled and turned towards Theodore, "Mi hermano, how are you?"

"I'm doing muy bien, sister in law. You look great." Theodore smiled and kissed her cheek.

Stassi hugged her nieces and nephew, complimenting the girls on their beauty and Milo on his height and how handsome he'd gotten. Sandra was actually Stassi's former sister in law, but that never stopped their relationship. Stassi wasn't a D'Cruz anymore since she divorced her husband, but she still considered Sandra as her sister since she only had an older brother named Carlos.

Alexandria was the oldest. She was 5'9 with dark brown hair, brown eyes and a slim, model-esque figure. Her jawline was striking as well as her arched eyebrows. While she looked like a model, she couldn't really stand the industry. She was a lawyer.

Milo was the middle child. He was 6'2 with jet black curls, medium brown eyes and an athletic build due to running track and playing basketball in high school. He was trying to finish up medical school.

Then came Sheila. She was the youngest. She was an inch shorter than her older sister with dark brown eyes, black hair that was pulled back into a low ponytail and a slim figure like her older sister. While her sister couldn't stand the industry, Sheila adored it. She was a model signed with a major company. While waiting for modeling jobs, she was also a realtor.

The family greeted each other and began to converse a little. Stephanie introduced Drew to them and Theodore jokingly grilled him about her while Alex and Sheila gushed over how cute he and Jermaine were. Milo, Jermaine and Drew connected over their love for sports and music.

Stephanie loved seeing her family connect and laugh with each other. She had a feeling. It was going to be a great night.

At least she hoped....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 330 23
jus read!
303K 6.8K 32
Just when she thought she's gonna be loved as his wife. And the rules is stopping her to interfere with her client. (Note: A mature story) -Firstliee
17.9K 306 53
pain.