Shatter ✔ #TheWattys2017

Oleh Wowchilee

HIGHEST RANKING: #1 IN WEREWOLF [[*COMPLETED*]] Nova is the daughter of a Beta. And her mate? The Alphas firs... Lebih Banyak

➸ 1. Shattered Soul
➸ 2. Sorry
➸ 3. The Pull
➸ 4. Selfish
5. Heart❤
6. Damage
7. Sorrow
8. Homecoming
9. Twisting Knives
10. Skin
11. Matter
12. Desire
13. Home
14. Rules
15. Attack
16. Last Time
17. A Gift
18. Brother, Oh Brother
19. Lying Games
20. Eden
21. Pain
22. Agony
23. Intoxicated Lust
24. Disgrace
25. Savage☠
26. Loophole
27. Thrash
28. Beware
29. Instincts
30. Gracie
31. Night of Terror
32. Discovery
33. Alpha Conrad
34. The Meeting
35. Bitch Fight (literally)
36. Secrets (part 1)
37. Secrets (part 2)
38. Secrets (part 3)
39. Alpha Blood
40. Two Roads Diverged
41. Insidious
42. Heat.
*PRIVATE CHAPTERS*
43. Regrets
44. Broken
45. Proposition
46. Fire
47. Loose Ends
48. Runaway
49. Monster
50. Gone
51. Unsteady
52. Down We Go
53. Strong
54. Pack
55. Warrior
56. Beast - part 1
57. Beast - part 2
58. Alpha
59. Running With Wolves
60. Realities (re-edit)
61. In - Dependence
62. Free As A Bird
63. An Alpha's Command
64. Coming Home
65. Tongue Teeth & Claws
66. Heart & Soul
67. Painful Memories
68. Strength
69. Vicious
70. Undiluted Pleasure (MA)
71. Hot and Cold
72. United Front
73. New Beginnings
74. Scent
75. The Moon's Will
76. Prepare
77. Packs of Wolves
78. WAR p.1. (edited)
79. WAR p.2 (edited)
81. Gemini Moon ♊
82. Alive
83. Blessings
84. Death
85. Funeral
86. Letters || 86.2 Mates (additon)
87. Fireworks
88. The Change
89. Powers
90. Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde (edited / re-read new material)
91. Savior *[the finale]*
Epilogue I - "I Do"
Epilogue II. Birth-Daze
.:*Cover Contest Right Here!!!*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD. P2*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD P3*:.
Epilogue III - Winning
COVER FINALS!!!
Epilogue IV - All Grown Up
EXCITING NEWS ABOUT SHATTER!
[[rachelle]]

80. Bloody Meadow (word edit)

221K 7.3K 4K
Oleh Wowchilee

Guys
Shatter was taken off the hotlist bc of 2 trigger words i wasnt even aware were words that would be triggered. Should be fixed by tomorrow and i can go on to finish the last 4 chaps! Plus quite a few epilogues.

______________

Zaryn

Everything was moving in slow motion.

My ears werent working.. all that could be heard was the sound of my blood pumping inside my own ears as Nova's bright green eyes were wide, staring into mine with disbelief as she said the words, 'I love you.'

I couldn't hear them... i could only see her lips moving, kneeling on the ground before her, holding her shoulders, my eyes drifting to the spear of silver coming out of her chest.

My breathing was erratic.. the first thing besides my blood being pumped through my body that i could actually hear.

It was as if everything was silent.. but me. I could hear nothing but my own bodily functions.. the workings of my heart and lungs.

I looked back into her eyes, thinking this could not be happening. This couldn't be! The moon had said we would be happy. The moon had said it. Had she lied? Had Deacon lied?

A sad smile lifted onto Novas lips before her eyes became unfocused and her lids began to flutter shut, head falling slowly forward onto my shoulder as the life in her beautiful eyes began to fad.

Tears pricked my eyes, blurring my vision.. i couldn't stop shaking ..

Leaning my head back, i screamed.. and i could hear it.

I screamed at the moon who was supposed to keep the loves of my life safe.. i screamed out for my heart which was breaking inside my chest...

Why?

Why do bad things happen to good wolves? What point was the moon trying to make? Nova was supposed to be her warrior.. why take her away after giving the both of us hope?

If i could, i would fly into the sky and tear the moon to bits myself. She had no right. No fùçking right!!

"X! Snap out of it!!!" A hand landed on my shoulder, shaking me. "We need to move her!"

I couldn't let Nova go. She would fall. The weight of her dad behind her..

I growled, my wolf surfacing.. snapping at the hand on my shoulder which was Maxim. I couldn't think of him as an Alpha at the moment... my wolf saw him as somene trying to seperate me from my mate.

He moved without a word, walking behind Nova's slumped body just as my ears began to work again, hearing everything around me.. Huge pulls of air I was taking into my chest.. the sorrow i felt. She couldn't be gone. We were supposed to be happy.

Eden and my mates mom running... mouths falling wide open with so much pain on their faces.. tears flooding their eyes as they witnessed what was in front of them. I held Nova's weight... sobbing as my nose went to her hair.. i had to do something.. i need to do something. Anything.

Nic was screaming, crying out as he looked down upon us in horror.. blood coating his skin. We were all naked.. covered in the life force of dead wolves.. crying over our lost loves.. the air filled with howls screams and cries. Someone was screaming at me.. I couldn't focus couldnt let go of her. Grace came to stand by the rest as she looked down at Nova, her hand over her mouth wth wide tear filled eyes..

Maxim grabbed jack from behind Nova's limp body. "Hold the spear!" He rushed out, brows creased.

I was disoriented... not knowing what was happening.

Someone was shoving me to the side and i realised all the wolves were now running forth, the last of Reynolds wolves, i wasnt sure where they were.

More screaming as everyone took in the loss we had suffered today.

The air was filled with metallic scent, tasting of the copper blood, death and sadness.

I was on the ground, watching with confusion as Nic, who had moved me out of the way despite his tears and sorrow, and held the front of the spear in his shaking hands.. the one sticking from Nova's chest. Maxim grabbed Jack, pulling him off the end of the spear with a sick slurping sound and Dahlia screaming as she collapsed, falling beside Jacks body.
Her eyes focused on Nova at that moment as i sat there dumbed. In shock. What can i do? Shes not gone.. she cant be. I need to move. I need to do something. I cant just sit here... im doing nothing.

Move, Zaryn. Think. Do something. Your mate is dying.

My wolf snapped angrily in my head, jerking me back into the present and i forced my mind and body to work, watching in desperation as Nic broke the front of the spear in half so that the silver tip was lying in the ground, his face a hard mask now.
Quickly, Maxim pulled the spears pole out of her chest from the back.. the sickening sound it made had bile rising through my throat.

I felt the blood drain from my face as i scrambled up to catch her in my arms.. holding her as more tears spilled from my eyes and down my cheek.. lying her so she lay in my arms.. rocking her as i cried for all of these wolves to see.

"No.. no no no. Nova. Please dont leave me. Please!" My hand rested on her stomach and a choked sob came from me.

"X.. we gotta get her to Docs. Now. She can be saved if we hurry." Maxim's hard yet soft voice broke me out of my depressed state and i looked down at Novas angelic face. It was pale.. her lips blue. But i could still faintly hear her heart. The wound had begun to clot and in that moment i became stronger.. my wolf became stronger.. with the knowlege she could be saved.

I wiped my face, quickly pushing myself off the ground, disregarding being naked in the chilly air. A truck sped towards us, Doc in the front seat. Two large wolves were hauling Conrad's body to the truck bed and both Eden and Grace turned, bursting into more tears as they witnessed this. Eden collapsed in a heap.. screaming as she cried out in agony.. cursing the moon.

Grace tried to run to her father, screaming out. "No no! No you cant leave me too! Please!!! Daddy!" She cried before Nic grabbed her up by the waist and crushed her to him.. they shared their heartbreak.

Two more wolves stooped down, picking up my mate and i growled.. eyeing them with intent.

"Zaryn!" Maxim yelled down at me in a fury. "Stop! Get ahold of your wolf. She needs to get to the clinic if you want to save her! Snap out of it man and do something!!" He roared angrily.

I jolted, my eyes finally seeing everything. My braing working properly. I picked Nova up in my arms, her head falling back as she lay limp with that gaping hole in her chest staring back at me. The hot tears could be felt but i pushed the need to wolf out back in my mind.. i needed to hurry. She needed to get into surgery. She was the main priority of this pack.

I quickly loaded Nova inside the truck, lying her gently in the extended cabs back seat just as two more wolves were putting Jacks body in the back beside Conrad's. Could he be saved too?

I started to get inside the truck.. i needed to be with her.

"Alpha. We have to have my assistants in this truck to help me. Theres no more room. Meet us there at the clinic."Doc announced, his tone off kilter, bleak.

I stared wide eyed but Maxim caught my arm, pulling me back. "We will meet them there. Come on." He said, shutting the door of the truck and they were speeding off... away from the meadow.

I watched in apprehension as my wounded mates body was driven away from me..

I have never felt so helpless. I have never been so useless in all my life.. acting seemingly like a mute.. not knowing what to do.

I just needed to go to her.

I needed to make sure they save my mate. My pup.. will he make it?

We can make more.. goddess please just let my love make it. Please!

I was fully aware that my pack had seen me break down.. watched me become weak in front of them and i didnt care as the tears kept flowing.. the pain in my heart so strong.

Gripping my hair, i let out a roar that shook the air as i fell to my knees.

If i had been quicker to act...

Her eyes had been on me after Maxim had killed Reynold.. thats when i saw his son.. that bastard, Ryan.. he had a spear in his hand and his eyes were murderous. Just as he came towards Jack's form who stood directly behind Nova, my eyes widened and i lunged but i was too late.. he shoved the spear in Jacks back hard.. through Nova as well.. spearing them together.

Then his words: you took something i love so im taking what you love.

Something along those lines.. its still so blurry. But i didnt kill Reynold. Maxim did. How could that hurt Maxim?

I was quick to grab Ryan up, snapping his neck while he glared at me.. sending him crumpling to the ground before returning to my Nova..

More screams jerked my mind back to the present; All the females from our three packs surrounding us, looking for their loss.. finding them.. crying for mates they had just met.

My gaze darted to Maxim, standing there bare and bloody like I, and we shared a look. One of understanding.
"Go to her. I'll take care of this. My doctors and medical team is on the way along with Conrads. We called them before the battle, to come retrieve the bodies. They will help us with survivors. Go." He nodded. Maxim handled this so much better than I. I was dying inside..

Turning, my naked body covered in blood that had began to harden as it dried, i lurched forward, running toward the entrance, ready to shift but loud strangled sobs coming from a full grown male that i knew so well made their way to my ears.. I stopped short, glancing around until my eyes landed on Gabriel who was leaning over a body.. rocking back and forth, naked like the rest of us.. bawling. Wailing.. it was heartbreaking.

What would have him crying like that unless it was..

My mother...

Straining to take a breath, i started to approach but the sight before me made me hault in my tracks. "No.. no no no no..."

My mom.. she lie on the grass.. her eyes open and lifeless. Her once swollen stomach, tore open.. it had been eaten out.. her pup, her intestines. They were gone. Just a large hollowed out area, bloody, guts lying around her.

My eyes stung and i turned, looking away.. i had to get out of here. I had to. My mom... i had hated her for so long but we never cleared the air. I never told her i loved her. Not in a while. And now she was gone. Shes gone.

Bile rose and the next thing i knew i was throwing up the contents of my stomach.. seeing my mom like that.. a wolf had eaten her growing pup, my brother, right out of her stomach. Who could do such a vile thing? Who?

I was snivelling and shaking.. my limbs not wanting to work though i wanted to get to the clinic to watch over Nova's operation.. i needed to know she would be okay but it seemed as if my stomach and feet were made of lead

"Zaryn" a male voice rasped, whispered almost before spluttering and coughing. My heart was breaking inside my chest as i whipped around... searching for the owner of that voice.

Movement caught my eye amongst hundreds of dead wolves.. no longer Daisy Meadow but now Blood Meadow. It was more fitting.

"Dad!" I realised it was him behind a mask of red liquid and took the few long strides toward him.. wide eyed i looked him over before i jerked my head toward the other wolves. "We have a survivor here!!!" I screamed out as eyes shot up to mine.. wolves running.

"Dad.." dropping to knees, i choked on my words.. feeling not like an Alpha but like a small pup. My hands shook as i lifted them.. wanting to touch him but not knowing where.. my mental state was breaking.

He coughed blood, grabbing my hand.. Bright blue eyes finding mine. "Im so sorry son..." goddess that voice.. so weak. So frail.

Shaking my head, i sobbed. "No dad-"

"Zaryn.. " the look in his eyes told me to shut up and listen so i did. "Im sorry i wasnt the perfect dad. I tried to protect you and your brother. And I failed. Im sorry. I love you so much.. im so so proud of you, you have no idea.." each word was harder for him to say than the last with the way he was struggling.

My eyes shut tight and i let the pain out.. pressing my cheek to his bloody one. "I forgave you long ago dad." Sniffling, i continued. "I love you too.. mom.. she didnt make it.. nova and jack.. i dont know if-"

"Shhh. Listen to me." He gurgled and i moved away. This was possibly the last time i would speak to him and it hurt. I never told my mom what i wanted to say... and now i get to.. with my dad. If this is his last moment.

"Son." He breathed, pain in his features, eyes never letting mine go. "I need you to know.. i loved your mom. I did. And she loved you. I love you. You have Nova. Shes a fighter.. never let her go and bring my grandpups up with stories about me and your mom. The good ones.." a ghost of a smile appeared and i nodded.. taking a deep breath as i felt the ground vibrating with approaching wolves to carry him away.

"I will dad. I promise. I love you." I choked.

"I love you too." Pride shone in his eyes as the wolf came out one last time, looking up at his full grown Alpha male.. a whine making its way out if his throat.

Dahlia is the first to drop to the ground as i got up and moved away, swiftly wiping my eyes. She poured more tears as she leaned over him. Pressing her cheek to his, she told him how sorry she was and she would take care of their son.. my brother Nic. Nic.. who kneeled beside Dahlia.. tears streaming.

No male was going to hide their tears today.

I couldn't watch. I needed to go..

A torturous scream sounded out.. every bit of male.

Gabriel.

He stumbled up.. roaring.. his wolf coming forth as skin began to shift.. i could feel his terror.. his anger.. and breifly watched as he shifted completely before darting off into the woods.

My wolf howled inside me.. seeing my mom dead on the ground.. rage seeped inside me and the wolf began tearing his way through my mind.. taking me with his teeth and jerking me back.. i stalled too long for his liking. He needed to see his mate though i knew they wouldn't let me more than likely. She would be in surgery but i needed to go. I needed to be there to make sure she was going to be okay...

Letting him take over, i shifted, springing into the air as the last of my bones cracked, forming paws and then i was bounding through the bloody meadow... racing.. using every ounce of muscle power my wolf had, he flew through the trees at the edge of the road as if he were running on air alone.. the need to see our mate thr most potent thought in our mind. We shared this..

I was in shock earlier.. astounded. Heartbroken.. and my initial dumbfounded state had pissed the wolf off. I hadnt moved fast enough for his liking.

We ran.. as the other wolves had piled into trucks and left the scene right behind me. Making it to the bend in the dirt road quickly, we sped down the road.. faster than a grey hound as back paws pushed off the hard dirt and we moved through the chilly air.

The clinic came into view and the wolf began to ease up on our speed, his adrenaline and worry spiking. The truck must have only gotten here moments ago because they had left the truck doors open and were still removing the other bodies from the bed of the truck.

My wolf knew that he wouldn't be welcome in the clinic, that i needed to takeover.. so once his paws hit the cool grass of the yard, he threw me forth and I shifted back into skin but not without him growling his orders to me.. to make it inside quickly.. no lagging this time.

With the last crack of bone, i stood on two legs.. ignoring my nakedness, dried blood all over me, i stormed through the clinc doors. My features were set in a mask of wide eyed panic as i sniffed the air, letting my nose guide me to the room Nova was in.

They Luna was their v.i.p. patient. She would be put before any other wolf that needed help.

"Alpha X!" A female voice called out, the scampering of feet following me down the sterile hallway. Feeling snappy, a growl reverberated from my chest as i turned to face a wide eyed and frightened nurse who held out a pair of basketball shorts with a shaky hand.. eyes focused on the wal behind my head.

I snatched the shorts from her hand without a word and pulled them on.. covering my lower half before continuing my plunder for my mate. I felt wild now... feral... the wolf's emotions mixing with mine and becoming prominent. Growls tumbled out of me and i continued until i came to a closed door.. behind that door, Nova's scent was strong combined with the metallic scent of her blood..

Her blood.. i would know it anywhere. I tasted it with every mark I gave to her skin.. it was intertwined with my own inside me as my mate.

"Alpha! You cant be in here!" Doc shouted once i flung the door open, scanning the room wildly before settling on Novas body which had already been hooked up to machines, hoses coming from her mouth.. an oxygen mask over her nose. She was bare aside from two pieces of cloth that covered her chest and thighs, exposing her stomach .. that hole in the middle of her pale bluish skin ready for Doc to perform surgery on to try to fix.

Doc and three nurses were bustling about.. the scent of silver strong as they handled the special scalpels with gloved hands. His eyes met mine and the overwhelming territorial feelings returned.

"Alpha. You need to go. I need to save her life. I can save her life but you need to leave. My wolf is on edge with your presence and yours is out right now.. growling at me." His shaky voice made me realise that the wolf was out... staring at him.. growls i never heard with my own ears, tumbling out of my throat.

"X. Come on. Let him work." Came Maxim's authoritative tone, his hand resting on my shoulder, pulling me out of the room before shutting the door.

His crystal eyes met mine and i could see the sorrow in his eye.. the intense burning anger that flickered in him like it did me..

I knew then.

I knew then why Ryan killed Nova and said those words.. that he would take something i loved. But he wasnt talking to me. He had been talking to Maxim. Maxim had Nova as apart of his pack for months.. he saw her as family.. sought to protect her. He loved her. Like a sister.. and me, like a brother. We were family to him.

Closing my eyes on him, my chest began to heave with deep breaths.

"Zaryn." He only called me Zaryn when he was oh so serious.. "You need to go man . you're wolfing out. You are going to destroy something or someone if you dont go.. no one else needs to die today. Im barely hanging on by a thread but ive suffered much worse so i can handle it." His voice was deep.. strained.

Blinking my eyes open, i fisted my hands at mt side, gritting my teeth which had come out without my knowing. "How.. how could this happen.?" My tone was pleading.. desperate.. angry..

"Go. Now Zaryn. Go run it off. Im going to sit right here until you cool off. Ill keep you informed with everything. Just go man." He urged..

Feeling i was about to freak out.. nervous eyes of nurses as they passed me by.. i growled and stormed away from Nova's room.

Exiting the building, i feel tears threatening to fall again and i just couldnt take the pain in my heart anymore.. i couldn't.

If i lost her.. i wouldnt live to see another day.

Is this what Dahlia feels?

I belted out a howl.. one of great sadness.. a lement of my sorrow. It echoed off of every surface, touching trees and going as high as the now darkening sky from the sunset.

I just wanted for her to live. To see her smile again.

Letting the wolf out, i shifted.. shredding the material covering my lower half and bounded into the trees..

I needed to kill something.. anything. Be it deer or rogue.

I needed to let the beast out.

○●○●○●○●○●○●

Nic

I watched with hollowed eyes as Zaryn leaped into the trees after his ear piercing howl echoed around the pack lands.. my wolf responding with whimpers inside my mind..

It was heartbreaking... .

Every wolf within the pack responded to his cry.. howling back to the moon, letting their own sorrow be known while giving him their support.

My eyes watered as i turned away from the open door, facing Maxim who just stood there with a blank expression.

"Why did he run?"

Maxim shifted, "His wolf .. he cant control his needs right now. If he cant have Nova, he needs to kill. He lost a lot today.." was his reply

I let out a sigh and glanced down to the shiny white tiles.. i felt his pain but on a different level. Hell, i dont know what its like to lose a mate.. but i know that if my sister, father and my dad don't make this out alive.. i dont think i could hold it in either.

Just standing here waiting was killing me.

Pins and needles.. pickling sensations.. my wolf going insane with the impending loss.. i know not all of them will make it..

My sister.. she needs to come out of this okay. We all need her to be okay.

The door burst open, mom, eden, grace and everyone else filing inside, covered in dried blood from the war. Those that had shifted were now clothed but the tears from both males and females didnt stop.

I wanted everything to stop and go back to how it was.

"Mom." I threw my arms around her as she held me and cried. I needed to stay strong for her. With Nova dad and Blake, her friend of a long time, under the knife.. i knew she needed me right now.

I can force the need to rip apart every living thing with the knowlege that these wolves need me. I need to be here for them.. while Zaryn is dealing, i need to be here.

The craziness i went through when Grace had left, left me in a mental state.. but shes back.. my wolf feels better.. the training has helped.. and now this is the way i can help.. is to help everyone else and shove my own grief to the back of my mind.

"I love you." Mama whispered into my neck while i was bent over her form.

"I love you too.. its going to be okay mom. Just hold on.." i tried to soothe her..

She sighed, another wave of tears falling as she wrenched away and went to the front desk to talk to the receptionist..

Maxim's cold exterior cracked, "my medical team is here." He watched out the window as many trucks piled into the driveway.. large wolves getting out and unloading more bodies from the field they had picked up.

Conrads medical team had already came... collecting their dead and lending a hand at the surgery rooms. We needed all we could get.

A Doctor from Blue Moon came out into the waiting room and Grace and Eden stood.. waiting for his words.. no one knew for sure if Conrad had gone or not.. we had suspected it but we didnt know. Not for sure. Wolves have a tendency to beat the odds.

The middle aged male looked at my Grace with hard eyes, this was hard for him to say. "Your dad... Conrad.. he..  didnt make it Grace..."

A moment of quiet came about before Grace and Eden both began crying hysterically.. Eden running out of the clinic in tears with her hand over her mouth and Grace screaming out how he couldnt leave her. My heart broke with every painful sound she made.

She followed Eden, running out the front door and i had to fight the urge to go after her. I just needed to hug my mom one more time first.. i felt like a pup.. needing his mommy.

She turned then, watery dead eyes meeting mine and came to me.. wrapping her arms around me once more. I ignored the waiting room filled with crying wolves and just held her.. feeling her brokeness.

"Nic.. im so sorry about everything. About Blake.. all of it. Im sorry. But.. if Jack doesnt make it.." her voice broke, cheek pressing into mine. "Then i dont know how long i can survive.."

Anger spiked through me and i tensed, my arms going stiff around her. Breaking away, i stared down at her broken features. "Im sorry.. i just dont think ill survive the break of the bond." She croaked.

Fear.. anger.. sadness.. i couldn't tell which one was more. Every bit of my feelings was like a punch to the gut. I wanted to pull Reynold back into his body and kill the fùcker again.

I couldn't do this. Being strong was for the birds. Fùçk this.

I stormed away and out the foor in a flurry of emotion.. my rage being the most concentrated. Its true.. there were mates who were so in love that when one went, so did the other.. but that was wolve who had grown pups. Nova and I were grown now... mom would be part of that.

Exiting the front door, worry for my sister, dad, blake and mom were all i could think of as the cool air hit my face. . The moon had come out, shining bright and more trucks were returning with more bodies. The morgue would be full before all packs claimed their dead.

Sounds of crying coming from the side of the building and the scent of my mate had me walking around on auto pilot.. to the sound of gagging.

I blanched the moment i saw Grace, bent over in the bushes.. hacking up her guts.

My mate just lost the last piece of family that loved her. All she has left is me.

My wolf whined at seeing her like this and i found myself going to her. She must have sensed me because her back straightened and she visibly shivered.. her hair swept to the side.. i could see my mark on her neck in the dim light of the sky and the hairs on thr back of her neck standing, angling toward me.

My hands reached out on their own, going to her shoulders and i turned her, pulling her into my shirtless body without thinking.. i just needed to hold her. She soothed me... we needed each other right now..

We were each others key to comfort. I dont know what i would do if it was her in the morgue or in surgery...

She just wrapped her arms around my torso and cried.. i held her close.. closing my eyes.. letting her feelings pour through the bond. Goddess what she felt? It was fùçking heartbreaking..

Her skin on mine soothed her.. only in shorts, i could feel her flush against my body and worried i would get her dirty before remembering she was also covered in blood.

"Im so sorry Grace." I whispered hoarsely, running my hand through her now shoulder length blonde hair which had an array of dark and light strands now. "Im here for you... im here. This shouldn't have happened. Not to you. Not to any of us but especially not to you.."

She only seemed to cry harder.

"Grace i need you.. i can't lose you too and you can't lose me. We need each other.. " my voice was soft for her sake..

Grace sniffled, pulling her face away to look up at me. Her chocolate eyes rimmed with red.. her cute upturned nose also red from crying. I wanted to kiss her pain away but that was too much. Shes hurting.

"Nic.." she whimpered.. eyes holding mine. "You are the only person i have left.. my heart hurts so bad to know that and yes.. you can save me.. but.. everyone i love dies." She whispered the last, letting her arms drop to her sides.

Backing away, she began a new shower of tears as she shook her head gazing at me.. retreating from me. "Id only be your bad luck charm " she cried before turning towards the woods in the back yard and sprinting away.. shredding her clothed as she shifted.

My lips parted seeing her run from me.. i can't let her believe that. She needs someone and im it. I need her too.

My feelings became too much for me and like gabriel, zaryn and Grace.. i let my wolf out and shot through the woods.. letting him lead me.. sitting in the back of our mind to cry and scream out why as he did what he wanted.. but giving Grace her space to think.

Now i know what Zaryn ran..

Its easier to let the wolf out to wreak havoc than it is to battle the wolf..

Sometimes they need to be released..

○●○●○●○●○●○●

MAXIM 😍

"Dahlia.. if you need anything, you tell me okay? I want you to tell one of my men to link me as soon as you hear something about Jack. I have my men outside Nova's door in my absence. They will link me as soon as shes out of surgery.. be strong okay? Your pups need you to be strong." I held this fragile beautiful female as she nodded, blinking tears away.

Jack was a lucky sonofab!tch..

As soon as he makes it through.. he needs to realise that if he doesnt already. What I'd give to have that..

I watched Dahlia turn away and walk down the hall, arms huddle around herself as she turned the corner.. going to Jacks room to wait by the door for him to get out of surgery. Its been an hour..

The males wandered around, all of us only in basketball shorts.. i could feel the greif of the ones who lost their mates today, thankfully we didnt lose that many.. not as much as moon stone and the rest of the packs. Ours were strongest.

I stepped outside, linking my men to let me know the moment Nova is out of surgery.. looking up at the full moon, i wondered if that bıtch gets a kick out if our pain..

If shes laughing..

Because goddes knows ive endured more than any. Even my cousins.

I thought back to what that prick Reynold said.. how much anger he made me feel.. i think he indeed had a death wish.

I have thought about the day my father Maximus sold my mate for years now.. and now i know the truth.

My father set her up.. he never liked her. She was from our pack but she was the daughter of an omega family.. weak. That's what happens when you have a bastard Alpha blood out of mateship...

I was the result of one of father's whores becoming pregnant; his own mate long dead. I was his third pup.. the only pup out of us who was actually born from his mate was Nyra... sweet nyra.

Imagine his rage to find out my mate was an Omega but my goddess she was beautiful. I knew she was mine the night i turned 17. I loved her.. instantly.

But when father found out how his only bastard son.. who miraculously was even born, had an omega for a mate.. he became angry..

It was a a year later after so much abuse from him on both our parts.. so much taunting that he had informed me that he was selling her. My outrage was no match for his wrath. He told me she could not be my mate.. she was impure..

She had lost her virginty and back then, under his rule.. females with no virtue were rejected just as the weak were. I had proved him wrong about her being weak because I trained her myself and she was a fast learner but that only pissed him off.

When i heard she had no virtue i was stumped.. i had spent every day with her for a year.. it would have to have been before she met me! But my father insisted she had to go and chained me with silver in the dungeon while he sold her to Alpha Reynold as a second choice mate..

Afterall, she was the mate of the next Alpha... she had to be special despite her family being an omega. She was born to be my luna.

Now i find out she was sole for a mere 100 dollars...

I grit my teeth at the memory of how i went into a downward spiral once she was gone.. my father leaving me down there in the dungeon for a year to weaken my wolf. I went crazy..

He brainwashed me.. beat me.. sent me to warrior boot camp as a prisoner.. i was a killing machine when i came home only to be chained up again with silver but his mistake.. i was stronger then..

And when I got loose... i ripped his fùçking throat out.

And became Alpha.

And now i know the truth...

My father sent my cousin to seduce my own mate.. possibly forcing Conrad to screw her while he had his mate in the room across the hall.. only as a loophole so he could sell her off..

All these years.. I thought she was dead.

He had told me she had died!

Only to find out she was alive. If i knew, i would have stormed in with my troups and gotten her back.

My eyes began to sting but i sucked it up. I dont cry anymore..

But now i know when she actually died.. a few months ago when i felt that awful pain inside my chest...

Why does the moon do this to me? She hates me.

Nova and Zaryn.. why would she do this to them? Nova is a good female and X needs her. They are family to me. A real family.. not a fúcked up one with issues but a real one with real feelings inside them. Ones i can't feel anymore.

Gabriel.. poor Gabriel.. losing his mste that way.. watching his pup getting ripped from the mate he lost so long ago only to get her back. He finally had what he always wanted.. but his mate faced the moons wrath for what she did, my conniving cousin.

And conrad.. my cousin is gone. All of them. I csnt even hate him for getting what i wanted. Grace is the last remnant of him and shes not even his. She has lost every single person she ever loved.. but theres still Nic.

Nova.. Blake.. Jack..

I hope they all make it..

Closing my eyes, i did the thing I haven't done since i was seventeen years old.

I prayed to the moon to spare their lives

My mind shifted to Eden.. she lost someone too.. how broken she was.. it pained me.

Letting out a frustrated growl, my wolf nudged me to let him out and so i did.. shifting into my massive wolf.. shredding the shorts.. letting them litter the yard with the rest of the clothing from everyones unstable shifts today, i ran.. letting him take me to the one place I knew he would.

To Eden..

_____

My wolf found Eden.. her scent lingering through the woods.. tracing it back to her old cabin she stayed at when she lived here.

The wolf nudged me and i shifted back into skin.

I stood at her doorway.. hearing her voice scream out.. screaming. Crying. Throwing anything she could that would break..

Without thinking, i opened her door and closed it once inside, her throwing rampage never ceasing. I grabbed her up in my arms.. naked as i was but not caring about it. She had no one to hold her.

So i would.

She froze in my arms but melted as soon as she realised it was me.. ignoring my bare form, dried blood still all over us.. her skin tingling mine every time i felt it..

And she cried..

Frowning, my features morphed into a hard mask as i held her curvy frame to me.. letting her hot tears fall to my skin.. i felt her pain almost..

I remember the days when i used to feel anything besides rage...

"I loved him" she sobbed and i froze.. but she didnt notice as her face stuck in the crook of my neck.. she continued, her voice scratchy and hoarse, thick with sobs. "After losing the pup, he helped me.. conrad did.. i figured.. maybe the moon sent him for me.. " she sniffled, pulling away to look up at me with piercing green eyes.. so beautiful..

Still frowning, because i didnt wanna see her like this, i ran my hand through her hair and stayed silent.

"I.. i thought maybe the moon made me pregnant for a reason..to give me someone to love.. because.. i.. i can't have anyone but goddess i wanted someone so badly.. i got tired of one night stands.. knowing they have someone and i never will so i thought this pup was meant for me.. aside from teaching Grace and Nic what Nova and Zaryn went through " she closed her eyes as more tears ran down her cheek before opening them again..

"When i lost the pup.. i thought hey, maybe the moon just wanted to push me here.. to meet this male.. who had lost his mate! Sure he did horrible things to his mate but he was being used by your dad! He was a good wolf, Maxim!" I nodded at her statement. He wad.

"I thought.. maybe i could open my heart to him.. because i knew he wouldn't leave me in the morning.. sure he was a little older.. eighteen years older.. but he was young at heart and i fell for him! I knew he would work with me.. let me keep my gift.. i wouldn't have to bear a mark to be with him. I dont care about titles.." she cried some more...

I wish she had came to me instead.

Frowning at this, my brows firrowing more, i hugged her to me.

"Maxim.. i can't lose anymore... what if Nova doesnt make it?"

This time i responded. "She will, Eden.. shes too much of a fighter not to.. all thst time training at my pack.. every time she broke a bone.. she just kept going. Shes strong. Strongest little female ive seen. Shes resilient." My deep voice seemed to soothe her and i looked down into her eyes.. she seemed to beg me for more.. pleading.

"Eden everything will work out how it should. You of all wolves should know.. ask the moon. You are an oracle."

Shaking her head, she backed away. "I can't ask for myself.."

I stepped forward. "Then i petition for you to scry for me. Ask the moon for me.. i want to know the outcome for Nova... and for Eden's lives." I said, reaching out to trace my finger along her jaw as her eyes widened in surprise.

"F-for my outcome?" Her full lips parted. I shouldn't think about how pretty she is even when she cries especially with my cousin dead in the morgue.. its wrong.

"Yes little seer. For yours too." I never smiled but kept on watching her eyes as they fell down my body.. then widening in shock.

"Holy s&ıt. He's naked." She whispered undr her breath before meeting my gaze with bulging eyes, gulping. "You're naked. Clothes. Now." She reached around, handing me a pair of basketbal shorts she found on the ground.

Smiling slightly, i took them and put them on as she turned away.. a flush on her cheeks. But her tears ceased at least.

Once dressed, i pulled her back in my arms.. and she let me. "Im so sorry Eden.. im sorry for what you've endured by being an oracle.. but i think its time you found out why the moon does what she does." My chest vibrated with a slight purr and i mentally cursed.

My wolf needs to stop.

She peered up through wet lashes, hopeful. "Maybe i could at least find out what will happen with Nova if i ask... but me?" She bit her lip as the tears came back "i dont want to know anything about me.. im meant to be alone and just a fun time for hőŕnnýy males.... i have to learn to accept that.. the moon doesnt want me to love. I dont think i can let myself if losing someone hurts this bad." She scrunched her face up in pain, clutching her heart.

"Try losing your mate, Grace. This is nothing compared to that... but i know you hurt and im so sorry.. i want you to know you can come to me.. anytime you need to talk."

She searched my face for a lie or ulterior motive.. her strength so strong inside her. "Thank you, Maxim." Her words were honest..

I cupped her face in my hands and she seemed stunned, "now ask that question for me to the moon."

She nodded solemnly as i moved away to help her clean up the mess in her cabin.

I'll feel less restless when i hear about Nova... but until then, this will calm me.

For some reason my beast likes Eden and not for her power... but for her..

Too tacky of me to think so because of the situation but this is the first female i ever thought of as more than a one nighter... i wanted to make her feel better... i wanted to see her smile.

Sun sun sun!

No duns.

Haha!

WHAT THE F DO YOU GUYS THINK

Conrad is gone 😢😢

Jack is in surgery

Blake is in surgery

Nova is in surgery....

Maxim is letting us in on his horrid past.. that is one tough wolf and I love him.

Poor eden is beside herself. She loved conrad. She just wanted love...

POOR ZARYN!!!

POOR GRACE!!!

everyone just ran away...

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN!?!?!

k so ive been eating all day, lemmie tell you what ive had...
I went to el palamino.. this authentic mexican drive thru/walk up.. so delish. Anyway i ordered .
Steak gordita
Two steak tacos (corn torts)
Chips and cheese dip
Side rice (theirs is soo good)
And 3 tamales bc rhey r the bomb

So they forgot my tamales so i had to drive all the way back thru town and the sexy guy at the window.. mmm mm mmm.. he gave me six for free! And then i told him he was very handsome in Spanish even though he was fluent english without an accent because DAMN he was fine and i just like to speak Spanish sometimes 😁😁😁

There. Thats my day.

Oh im still eating. Probably will be still eating tomorrow too. Haha

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.7M 55.2K 40
Nova Wolfe, an ordinary werewolf. Kaden Clark, a strong Alpha. ~ Kaden Clark, the typical Alpha who has been looking forward to finally finding his m...
210K 5.4K 25
Dawn is 22-years old and a Beta's daughter. She is strong,fast,outgoing and has a great sense of humor. She is rebellious, adventurous and confident...
520K 15.1K 28
Jezzabelle Jackelyn Johnson. The daughter of the most feared alpha of all packs. Her father owned more then millions of wolves in his pack. His pack...
Broken Blades Oleh FSDay

Manusia Serigala

1.6K 235 21
"You over estimate your importance in my life, Logan. Just because we share, shared a stupid bond does not make me hooked to you." _____ Summer Bella...