61. In - Dependence

Chapter Soundtrack:
Battleme - Hey Hey My My
(SOA soundtrack)

Dedicated to RosieToovey for the song selection!
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

If you want to read the Conrad & Rasheeda love scene, its available in my private chapters book as titled, Conrad + Rasheda. Its purely optional. :)

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Hey!
Please delete the book from your library then search it and reload it because when i edit chapters, it wont show songs or the edits unless you reload the book! Thanks :)
__________________________________

Nova

Cold. Dark.

The bone chilling water seemed to take my breath as i searched.. the water was too dark for me to see beneath its surface and i was losing air.

Pushing myself back up, i popped above the surface, screaming at the top of my lungs, "help!!!" Then i took another lung full of air and plunged back into the cold water, frantically searching for Grace.

I swam deeper.. reaching the bottom as my hands searched.. finally coming in contact with luke warm skin. Immediately i grabbed, realising it was Grace's arm and pulled her with me as i fought my way to the surface. I was running out of air myself.. my lungs threatening to collapse as I struggled with Grace's dead weight to the top.

Breaking the surface, i inhaled as if i was taking my first breath, pulling a limp Grace with me as my limbs, numb from the water.. swam up to the shore.. struggling.

I finally made it to the shallow end, standing up i picked grace up bridal style, her head lulling back.. skin turning blue against the moonlight.

I threw myself on the bank with her in lightning speed, my body freezing as my hands shook violently.. smoothing the mass of blonde wet hair out of her face.. her skin so pale. Blue tinged lips graced her lifeless form.

"Grace! No!" I screamed, frantically pressing my hands to her chest just below her breasts. I pumped a few times before breathing into her mouth while i positioned her head back, pinching her nose.

Nothing.

Tears began to well in my eyes. This couldn't be how the moon takes this she wolf.

Another round.. pumping.. breathing into her mouth.

Suddenly cold water was coming out of her mouth as she choked, spitting it up before thrashing to her side.. hands gripping me as she coughed violently.

Relief swept through me instantly but anger coursed through my veins as i grabbed her shoulders.. her eyes finding mine.. disappointment in them as she groaned.

"Why Nova!? Why do i always get saved!? Why couldn't you just let me die!" She sobbed.. "im tired. Im so tired..." her cries were hoarse..her throat raw from the cold water she inhaled.

"No!" I let go of one of her shoulders, slapping her across the face in anger before grabbing her up, shaking her violently as her eyes went wide with fear. "Stop Grace!!! Stop it!!!! Stop being so selfish! Your father just got you back and its killed him with what he has done to you!! Dont you dare try thinking of hurting him this way!! He loves you! You are all he has!!!! Stop freaking out about Nic and Eden! Just stop! I never killed myself did i!?" I shook her shoulders with every scream into her face as i kneeled soaking wet and freezing above her. My anger was being ubleashed.