The Nerd Duchess

By Chocolatesandbooks

It was her senior year. Her last year in the Academy that treated her no less than a mere 'commoner'. In her... More

The Nerd Duchess
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty - Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Seven

4K 170 36
By Chocolatesandbooks

Chapter Seven

Victoria sat on her seat on her History class. Her seat was at the back near the window where she could see the view of outside. The trees and grassy field and manicured garden and graveled and cemented walkways.

Victoria always loved the outdoors, contrary to public belief.  May it be reading a good book under a sturdy tree or playing or simply basking in the sun and breathing the fresh hair, Victoria always love it.

 Victoria had a pen on her hand and her notebook and book opened before her. The professor gave them task of giving a brief description on the start of the World War. She already finished her work and was looking over. Looking for grammars and spelling wrong, Victoria was meticulously writing away on her notebook.

The First World War started from a local war between Austria-Hungary and Serbia when the Serbian nationalist assassinated Austrian Archduke Francis Ferdinand and his wife on their official visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina on July 28, 1914.

The local war evolved when Germany declared war against Russia August first of 1914....

"Victoria?" she could distinctly hear someone call her.

She looked up and saw the brunette boy that Alexa had been clinging since he arrived.

"Yeah!" she said confused. "Can I help you?" she pulled up her glasses as they slipped out of her nose.

"Umm, I'm Anthony Wilder," he said. "I was wondering if your finish with your work and if I could borrow your book. I haven't had mine yet, I'm still gonna pick them later. Office was close over the weekend."

"Of course," she handed him her copy of History book. "Here it is."

"Thanks," Anthony said before he turned his back towards her and scribbled away in his notebook. "Is it okay if I return them to you later?"

Victoria shrugged. She was done anyway. She closed her notebook and tucked the pen on its case in her bag. Once she was done, Victoria remembered how everyone's views about her were divided since that try-out last Saturday. Some changed and treated her nicely after that, while others stayed the same, and some like Alexa and her 'friends' made another reason to hate her and 'make her life like a living hell', as Alexa put it.

She remembers the soda incident last night.

Victoria was just commenting about how a lot of people started to look at her different because she could shoot an arrow.

"Big deal," she said. "I could shoot an arrow and I got in the Archery Team. So?"

"Exactly," Alexa sneered behind her before Victoria could do anything she felt a could sticky substance dumped into her.

Alexa laughed as well as some of the people on the cafeteria who had witness what happened. Her friends too dumped their sodas in her head before Elizabeth had enough and slapped Alexa in the face. The slap resounded throughout the entire hall making everyone stopped.

"You bitch," Elizabeth growled.

Before Victoria was shocked, but Elizabeth's voice as well as Hayley, who was by her side immediately, she seems to snap her out of her shock. Victoria was now holding them back with the help of Adam.

"It's not worth it, guys," Victoria said calmly as she restrained the two girls. "Let it go."

After that incident, Victoria remembered taking a shower to rinse out the sticky substance away from her body. She remembered scrubbing her hair to make sure that the soda was totally gone before she went to bed.

The ringing of the bell broke Victoria out of her reverie. She slipped her backpack and placed her notebook to the teacher's desk before exiting the classroom.

***

Geometry is the only class she has with Hayley and Elizabeth together. She loves Geometry not because of her classmates but also because in all the Math classes she had it's the only time she doesn't have trouble answering the quizzes and worksheets. And having a fun yet knowledgeable Professor is also a bonus point.

Professor Ultear Evans is middle-aged woman with raven-colored hair that she likes to keep in a very intricate bun. She is a very go-with-the-flow kind of the teacher. She doesn't mind really care if you are talking or joking around in her class just not during discussion days and the quiz day. She tolerates them. But what she really hates is when she is discussing nobody is paying attention to her. She can be as sweet and kind as a bunny but once you aggravate her for not listening to her discussions, which only happens every Monday and Wednesday and the quiz day during Friday, you'll be meeting the She-Devil.

"Good morning, Professor Evans," Tory greeted as she passed the teachers desk in front of the room just near the door.

"Good morning Victoria," she replied before going back to checking some papers in her table.

"Tory," she heard Hayley and Elizabeth exclaimed.

She turned as spotted them waving at her from their seats at the back of the room. Victoria rushed towards them.

"Hey guys," she said settled down on the arm chair between theirs..

"Hey," they replied.

"How was Home Ed.?" Elizabeth asked smirking.

Victoria groaned. "We were baking macaroons and Alexa broke one of the glass bowls Professor Robertson owned. She was furious. She gave Alexa detention."

Elizabeth and Hayley were shocked but started laughing anyway.

"Oh my gosh," Hayley said changed the subject still giggling, "Did you know that there is a new student?"

"New student?" Victoria asked skeptically.

"Yes. New student," Hayley said nodding her head vigorously.

Elizabeth nodded in agreement.

"It's not another slutty tart like you-know-who, is it?" Victoria whispered.

"Of course not," Hayley said as if Victoria just insulted her.

"Defensive much," Victoria said taking out her notebook and a pen from her bag as she notice the Professor standing from her seat.

"It's because the new student is not a girl, Tory" Elizabeth supplied.

"What?" Victoria whispered.

The class had just started and the touch board was turned on. The whole class was silent within minutes as Professor Evans voice filled the huge hall. The unruly conversations were silence and were replaced by the scratching sounds of pen and paper and the flipping of pages.

Victoria turned her focus on the board signaling the end of the conversation but from corner of her eyes she could see Hayley scribbling vigorously on a piece of paper. But she paid no heed.

Victoria copied the notes the teacher had flashed in the screen.

Introduction of Geometry

She wrote with a wonderful flourish of her pen.

But before she could continue a folded piece of paper was thrown in the middle of her notebook.

She looked at Hayley would gestured for her to read it. She looked at the teacher to see her busy in pointing out some figures in the board. It was safe.

She unfolded the paper and read what was written.

VICTORIA ROSTOVA!!!! It is not a slutty bitch.

He is a Duke of Caprieche. In Italy.

They say he is extremely handsome. And hot too.

Victoria rolled her eyes. Typical Hayley!

She wrote one sentence.

Make sure you never let Adam know how you are practically drooling over this Duke, Hayley.

Before Victoria could pass the paper back to Hayley, Elizabeth's hand snatched it. She quickly scanned the paper and scribbled something on the paper. She didn't bother to fold it as she pass it to Victoria.

Yeah! We wouldn't want Adam to cry like a baby, do ya?

Let's continue the conversation later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 800 59
Agent Zaiarhys Maksimov, a special and an important asset to the FBI agency along side her partner She's independent, cold, emotionless, with a wall...
1.6K 135 42
Darn it, the stinking window won't freaking open. I guess there's only one choice left, break the window. I punched the window with my knuckles as it...
24.6K 2.7K 54
Life was never fair and Elizabeth, understood this concept when her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. That was the worst day of Elizabet...
9.6K 110 25
Completed!! -- I could hear him running behind me. "HELP!" I started to scream the words repeatedly. I felt like I was the stupid, helpless girl in...