The Hunting Hour - A Criminal...

De bonniegreyfics

Agent Prentiss is living a good life in DC with her daughter Bella. But Doyle is looking for revenge and Emil... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter 1: Joyfull Season
Chapter 2: Christmas
Chapter 3: A Family
Chapter 4: Midnight Fire
Chapter 5: A Visitor From Paris
Chapter 6: Am I In Danger?
Chapter 7: Lauren
Chapter 8: Lies
Chapter 9: Only You
Chapter 10: End This
Chapter 11: Taken
Chapter 12: Innocent
Chapter 13: Torture
Chapter 14: Declan
Chapter 15: Doyle vs
Chapter 16: Destruction
Chapter 17: Pain
Chapter 18: Long Rode Ahead
Chapter 19: Letters
Chapter 20: Funerals
Chapter 21: She Needs Me
Chapter 22: Distractions
Chapter 23: Holding On
Chapter 24: Quiet
Chapter 25: Small And Determined
Chapter 26: Not Ready
Chapter 27: She's Not Okay
Chapter 28: The World Out There
Chapter 29: It's In The Blood
Chapter 30: Paris
Chapter 31: Please Help Me
Chapter 32: Small Steps
Chapter 33: Check-Up
Chapter 34: Chaos
Chapter 35: A Little Light
Chapter 36: Before The Storm
Chapter 37: More Like Hurricane
Chapter 38: Blown Up
Chapter 39: The Case Is Over
Chapter 40: You Are Family
Chapter 41: All She Wanted
Chapter 42: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 43: Time Helps
Chapter 45: Panic
Chapter 46: JJ and Hotch
Chapter 47: The Team Is Lucky To Have You
Chapter 48: Welcome Back
Chapter 49: Stop Fighting
Chapter 50: Small Steps Big Achievements
Chapter 51: The Girl Behing The Red Door
Chapter 52: The Top Of The Hill
Chapter 53: Just Us Two
Chapter 54: Better Times
Chapter 55: Moving On
Chapter 56: Dad
Chapter 57: Baby Don't You Cry
Chapter 58: A Spark
Chapter 59: A House Is Not A Home
Chapter 60: Together

Chapter 44: Thunderstorms

1.7K 36 15
De bonniegreyfics

Later that day they ate dinner and sat to watch a movie. Everyone was happy at how well things were going.
But that changed pretty quickly.

They were watching a movie when the doorbell rang. Derek went to answer and it was JJ with Henry.

"Come on in" Derek said.

"He's been asking to stop by and I thought he could cheer Bella up a little" JJ said holding Henry's hand.

"She's in the living room. Go get her, Henry" Derek said and the little boy ran inside.

Bella looked surprised when Henry ran in and hugged her.
"Hi" Bella said hugging him back.

"How are you big man?" Emily asked and Henry went and hugged her too.

"I good Aunt Emily" he said.

Suddenly JJ appeared. Bella stared at her and then looked away as she felt tears fill her eyes. She grabbed her mug, that she ate the ice cream in, that was still sitting in the center table, and said "I'm gonna get a bit more" and rushed to the kitchen.

Emily stood up to go after her but Derek told her not to.

"Sorry. I should've called. I just thought she'd like to see Henry" JJ said.

"Oh no JJ. She'll be alright." Garcia said.
"Just sit down with us. She'll play with him. You know her" Penelope said. She knew Bella loved that little boy and they all knew that the girl wouldn't treat him any different just because of what JJ did.

Bella went to the kitchen, put her mug on the sink and went to the backyard. She wanted to be alone. She looked for a quiet place and went to Derek's little work shop next to the garage on the back. She sat on a chair and just stared out the window. All she could think about was how angry she was at JJ for lying to her.

.

Inside the house they talked a bit about how Bella was doing. Suddenly it started raining pretty bad. After a while Penelope told Henry to go play with Bella in her room assuming that's where she went. The boy ran out but soon walked back saying he didn't find Bella.

"Isn't she in her room?" Emily asked him.

"No one there" he said.

"Where's lulu?" Derek asked as he noticed the dog wasn't there.

"Lulu sleeping on the bed" Henry said.

Derek got up and went to Isabella's bedroom. He found Lulu on the dog bed in the corner. He looked around the place and inside the bathroom and nothing. He checked his room and Penelope's and also nothing. He started to get really worried.
"She's not here" he said as he walked inside the leaving room.

"What do you mean?" Penelope asked.

"She's not inside this house" he said serious and ran to the kitchen. Everyone started checking all the rooms looking for Bella. They didn't find her.

"I'm gonna look outside" Derek said.

"Take the dog" Emily said handing Lulu's leash to Morgan. He grabbed the dog and went out in the rain. The thunders made him even more worried because he knew Isabella was terrified of that now.
He walked to the churros place and no one had seen the girl, then he walked to the donut place and nothing. He yelled her name outside for a while and got no response so he went back home.

"She wouldn't run away. She was okay" Penelope said as Derek walked back in.

"Till I got here" JJ said. "It's my fault."

"Hey" Emily said and put her hand on JJ's shoulder. She didn't want her friend to feel guilty.

"Did you check the garage? Maybe she was outside and it started raining so she went there" JJ said.

Derek went to the backyard and everyone followed him. Emily's heart was beating so fast. Derek walked inside the garage and saw his car door was open. He walked there and breathed out relieved when he saw the girl fast asleep laying on the back seat.

"She's here!" He told them and everyone breathed out relieved. Emily ran to the garage while JJ and Penelope stayed inside the house with Henry.

"Bella" Derek said pulling the girl to him. "Wake up" he said and Bella said "no" and pushed him away not sure who it was.
"It's uncle Morgan. It's okay, princess. It's me" he said and she suddenly opened her eyes. "Come here" he said and pulled her to his arms taking her out of the car.

"Is she okay?" Emily asked him.

"Bella, how did you end up sleeping in the car?" He asked.

"I was just sitting in your work place and then there was noise" she said still very sleepy.

"Was it the thunders?" Derek asked.

"Yeah. I got scared so I came here... it's safe on the car" Bella said and rested her head on his shoulder.

"You're right, it is safe" Derek said.

"Didn't you hear us calling for you?" Emily asked.

"No" Bella said sounding sad.

"So you just stayed there and feel asleep?" Emily asked.

"Yeah I was crying cause I was scared and then I laid down and just fell asleep I guess" Bella said.

"You're shaking" Derek said worried. "Let's get you inside. It's cold out here" Derek said.

"Yeah. Let's fix you up a warm bath, okay?" Emily said with a small smile.

"Okay" Bella said and Derek carried her inside the house.

"What happened?" Penelope asked worried.

"She hid in the car because of the thunderstorm and ended up falling asleep" Derek said and put Bella down, who was clearly very sleepy.

"Let's go" Emily said grabbing her hand and they walked to the girl's bedroom.

"I should go. Maybe some other day I can..." JJ said picking Henry up.

"I'll talk to her" Penelope said and they went to the front door.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

"Where are your pajamas?" Emily asked.

"Right there" Bella said pointing to the drawer.

"Long sleeves and pants?" Emily asked and Bella nodded looking exhausted. Emily got it and they went to the bathroom in the hallway. "Let me fix you a bath" she said going to the bathtub.

"I want a shower" Bella said rubbing her eyes.

"Are you sure?" Emily asked as she turned to face Bella.

"Yeah" Bella said and just stood there waiting for her mother to get out.

"Oh sorry" Emily said when she realized. "Anything I'll be right outside" she said and walked out and shut the door.

Bella showered quickly and when she got out Emily was right there waiting.
"Nice and fresh?" Emily asked wrapping Bella in a hug and the girl nodded yes.

"Can I go to bed?" Isabella asked letting go of the hug.

"It's super early, honey. Why don't we sit to watch some tv? It's almost time for Doctor Who" Emily said.

"Okay" Bella said. "Let me just get something" she said and went to her room. Emily followed her. Bella got her blanket and Duffy and they walked to the living room. When they got there a sudden loud thunder scared Bella. The girl let out a scream and hugged Emily's waist almost instantly.

"It's okay. It's okay" Emily said a bit surprised by the child's reaction.

"Can you pick me up?" The girl said almost crying.

"Oh honey, I can't. I'm sorry" Emily said feeling bad.

"What?" Bella asked confused but before she could say anything else Derek got there and picked her up.
"Come here" he said and lifted her up. She cried and Derek could feel her tiny body shaking.

Emily sat down on the couch and Derek sat next to her with Bella on his lap and Bella started to calm down. Suddenly there was another thunder. Bella hid her face on her Duffy and her blanket and just cried again.

"Baby, you're shaking" Emily said as she placed her hand on the girl and felt.

"I'm scared" Bella cried.

"It's okay. You're safe. It's just a thunder, princess" Derek said.

"Why are you so scared Bella?" Emily asked.

"I don't know" Bella cried.

"Are they really loud? Is that what scares you?" Emily asked.

"They're out of nowhere and they're loud and it makes me feel sick" Bella said.

"It makes you feel sick?" Emily asked and Bella nodded.

"Look baby. It's just a thunder and it's outside. We are here with you and we are all safe. We are all okay" Emily said. Bella let go of Derek and sat between them, resting her head on Emily's arm. Emily threw her arm around the girl's shoulder and Bella relaxed a little.
Penelope put on the channel and Doctor Who had just started. Bella tried paying attention to that and it was helping. They watched the show as the rain went light. Bella ended up falling asleep. When the show was over, Derek carried Isabella to bed and all of them went to sleep.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

It was almost 1am when Bella woke up because of a loud thunder. It was raining really bad again. She sat up on the bed and she was sweating. She took a deep breath and laid down and tried telling herself she was okay but as she laid there and lightning's lights filled the room she started feeling really really scared. Suddenly she thought that maybe turning the light on would help so she got out of bed and went to turn it on but it wasn't working.

"Not a blackout" she said and started crying. She ran back to bed and tried calming herself down but she just couldn't, so she woke Emily up.

"Mom" Bella said giving Emily a gentle shake. "Mommy!" Bella said again with a begging tone and Emily eyes shot open.

"What happened? What's wrong?" She asked sitting up as soon as she saw Isabella's red face as a lightening lights filled the room.

"There's a blackout" Bella said and suddenly another thunder. "Ahh" Bella cried and hugged Emily tight.

"It's okay. Baby, it's okay" Emily said as she ran her hand on Isabella's back.

"I'm scared. I'm so scared" Bella said crying, and suddenly there was another thunder. "Mommy" Bella cried really bad now. The kid was shaking.

Derek ran to her room, lighting the way with his phone.

"Come here. Sit up. I'll hold you" Emily said and Bella sat up so Emily could pull her to her lap.

Suddenly Derek walked in. "Is she okay?" He asked.

"She'll be alright" Emily said as she held the girl and Bella kept crying. Derek saw she had it under control so he went back to bed.

"Shuuuu it's okay. It's just a thunder. The rain will stop soon. It's okay" Emily kept repeating as she slightly rocked Bella.

Like she said the rain stopped and the lights came back on. Bella also calmed down again.
"See it's all gone now" Emily said with a small smile as she tucked a lock of hair behind Isabella's ear.

"Mommy" Bella said.

"Yes?"

"Why did you say you couldn't pick me up but now you're holding me?" Bella asked.

"I can't lift much weight yet." Emily said.

"Why?" Bella asked.

"I hurt my tummy really bad and I needed surgery so it takes a while for it to heal really well so I can't lift weight for a little while." She said and suddenly Bella remembered that night and the wood stuck on her mother's stomach. Her eyes filled with tears again.

"I'm okay now" Emily said. "I can't pick you up but I can hold you like this, okay?" she said feeling bad that Bella was crying.

"Okay" Bella whispered.

There was a moment of silence and then Bella said "mommy"

"Yes" Emily said.

"Do you still have it?" Bella asked.

Emily felt a lump on her throat but she wasn't sure if Bella was talking about what she was thinking.
"Do I still have what?" Emily asked.

"The... burn" Bella whispered.

Emily pushed her tears away as she remembered those moments.
"The clover?" Emily asked and Bella nodded yes.

"Yes" Emily said.

"Can I see it?" Bella asked. She wanted to see if it looked like hers.

Emily was surprised with the request but she felt like Bella should see it.
"Yeah" she said.

Bella sat up on her lap and she pulled her shirt down a bit to show her left breast. She was wearing a bra but Bella could see it. Right there on the bra line and it looked almost exactly like hers.

"Do you wanna feel it?" Emily asked and Bella shook her head no and pulled her mother's shirt up. She was done.

"Can I see yours?" Emily asked.

"No" Bella said serious and laid back down so Emily could hold her again.

"Please honey" Emily said.

"No" Bella said crying a little now.

"Okay. You don't have to. You'll show it to me when you're ready" Emily said feeling bad she made Bella cry again.

Bella took the blanket to her face.

"Close your eyes. Try to sleep. It's late" Emily said and started to slightly rock Bella. The girl closed her eyes and after a while opened them again to find Emily staring at her.

"Close your eyes" Emily said.

"I can't sleep" Bella said.

"I'll sing to you" Emily said and Bella snuggled her blanket and closed her eyes again. Emily tucked some hair behind Isabella's ear and started singing one of the songs she used to sing to Bella when the girl was little...

"Baby don't you cry, Gonna make a pie
Gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle
Baby don't be blue, Gonna make for you
Gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle
Gonna be a pie from heaven above
Gonna be filled with strawberry love
Baby don't you cry, Gonna make a pie
And hold you forever in the middle of my heart..."

She finished it and Bella was out. She smiled and wiped a tear stain on the girl's face.
She was just so happy to be there holding her daughter in her arms again.
She had dreamed of those moments for months and they were finally happening. She was excited to get her life back together and to give her daughter the best life and the best mother she could ever wish for.

Instead of putting Bella down on the bed, Emily sang the song one more time and then placed the child next to her. She covered the girl up, laid down and held her baby's hand.

"I love you Bell" she said and gave the girl's hand a kiss.

Bella's eyes opened slightly.

"Love ... too mommy" she whispered and fell back asleep.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

43.5K 818 18
Disclaimer!!! This is a Fanfiction based on the hit TV series Criminal minds. I do not own the characters featured in the show or anything to do with...
14.5K 491 67
❝ They both looked at each other, eyes floating over each other's faces exploring every little detail almost like they were tattooing this moment int...
4.4K 50 20
"𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚, 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆" Y/N thought she was over her past but when she had to face it again she realized it st...
334K 5.9K 66
Emily Prentiss kept a lot of secrets from her team. Her daughter was one of them. But suddenly her world shakes and she needs to step in and take car...