A Wolf's Complicated Heart Se...

By Duckgirl34

Go on an adventure with Duckheart, Duck, and all of her friends, as she, a wolf embarks on a great adventure... More

Prologue
Book 1- Whispering Winds - Chapters 1 - 5
Book 1 - Whispering Winds - Chapters 6 - 10
Book 1 - Whispering Winds - 11 - 15
Book 2 - As a Shining Star - 1 - 5
As a Shining Star - Chapters 6 - 11
As a Shining Star - Chapters 12 - 17
As a Shining Star - Chapter 18 - 22
Book 3 - We Meet Again - Chapters Prologue - 5
We Meet Again - 6 - 11
We Meet Again - Chapters 12 - 17
We Meet Again - Chapter 18 -
Book 4 - Together as One - Chapters Prologue - 5
Together as One ~ Chapters 12(2) - 17
Together as One 18 - 21

Together as One ~ Chapters 6 - 12

48 0 0
By Duckgirl34

Chapter Six – Trouble…

I jolted awake, but that was a mistake, my head throbbed with a full blast of pain. I went to stand, but that was a bad idea also, I had gotten up so fast that I didn’t notice that I was in a literal box! I growled, “Now what in the name of Lupus is this?!?”

Even though my question wasn’t meant to be answered, someone on the other side of the strange metal box answered it, “It’s a cage… you’ve been caught by the Wildlife Vets of the Slough Creek area…” Said a strange husky voice.

I stuck my nose out of the little gaps in the front of the cage, I looked into the bigger box that we were in, there were similar boxes to the ones I was in out lining the edges of each side of the bigger box, but the strange thing was that the boxes held many different kinds of animals, there were skunks, coons, foxes, squirrels, and a few other wolves. My eyes scanned the bottom row of boxes on either side of the room that I could see. I gasped, “Moon! Lyanti! Ariant! Kogasio! Arashelle!” 

Two of my pack mates responded lifting their heads groggily, “What wrong...” Moon stopped mid sentence springing to his paws, doing the same thing I did by hitting his head on the top of the box. “Where are we…?!” He asked, growling, and scratching at the front of his box.

The same husky voice beside me sighed, “Like I told this one here… you’re in a Vet clinic on for the Slough Creek Mountain animals.” 

For the first time I noticed a little slit in the right side of my box, so I slowly walked over and peered down into the box, straining a little, because I was so short. What my eyes saw was something I was defiantly not expecting there was a well muscled, normal colored, male grey wolf laying in the pen next to me. 

“What is your name…?” I asked, cautiously.

“Eternal Ice, but I’m usually called Ice… You?”

I’m Duckheart, or Duck… Alpha female of the Eternal Knights of the Phantom Hills Pack…”

Ice laughed, “Quite a long name for a pack there…” 

I growled, “So what?!”

“Now, now missy, I was just kidding no need to get your tail in a knot.” He said getting up with a heave. I gasped; this wolf was covered in scars, but not like Ghost… He had a scar on every inch of his body. 

He smiled, “I know pretty ugly ain’t it…” 

I smiled, pushing my worries aside, “No… A coat fit for a warrior…” I said, hurt making my voice crack.

Ice raised an eyebrow, “What’s wrong little lady…?” 

I smiled, “You gave me a small reminder of my mate there… He too is covered in scars from nose to tail…”

He nodded his head, and decided to leave the conversation at that.

A few minutes later, a small sliver of one of the box’s sides opened and in stepped a two-leg. I growled, shrinking into the depths of my box. The two-leg stepped through the door and in stepped another. I growled, my heart sinking as they went to Moon’s box. 

They opened the front of his box and put an odd mask on him, Moon fell to his box floor in an instant. My mind quickly flashed back to Rose and my heart sank, but deeper this time. I got up and took the two steps it took me to get to the front of my box, and I started growling, snapping my jaws, and scratching at the boxes openings.

The two-legs looked my way and smiled to one another, and went back to their work. They lay Moon on the silver slab of rock in the middle of the box. Ice came to the front of his cage, “I wouldn’t do that… it only makes them get you out next…” 

I growled fiercely, “I have a duty to my pack and my friend to protect him!!” I paused, “Besides the sooner I’m “examined”, the sooner we get out…”

Ice laughed, “I guess there’s some logic in that…” I looked over at him and saw him start following my example. I smiled to myself, and began again. The two-legs looked over at us both, shook their heads, and muttered something about “Pack members” and “These should be the three…” and then went back to their work.

A few minutes later they were done with Moon and put him back in his box. They then turned and walked straight to my cage. They stuck their two long legs, that never touched the ground, into my box, and put an odd contraption on my muzzle, but I didn’t fall asleep like Moon, instead this odd piece of scratchy “fur” kept my from being able to bit the two two-legs.

MOON

I awoke groggily and sprang to my paws, once again forgetting about the box’s top, I banged my head on it, but I was too preoccupied with the sight before my eyes to worry about it, there was Duck on the center of the big slab of rock in the middle of the room, a weird contraption on her muzzle, and she looked half dead. 

I growled, remembering the promise Ghost and I had made to each other…

***

“Ghost… If something ever happens to me… or if something ever happens and I’m “taken” away… please look after Rose until I get back…”

“Gladly… but I’ll only accept on one condition… the same for Duck…?” He paused, a smile playing upon his maw, “I know she can be a pain sometimes, but I don’t think I could keep on living if we were ever split apart again…”

I sighed, “Same here… same here.” I looked over to where Duck and Rose lay, their breathing steady, their hearts pumping, sleeping, side-by-side, like good friends do. Ghost followed my gaze, and we watched our two mates the rest of the night… 

***

I snapped my head back into reality, as one of the two-legs yelled, “Wow!! She pregnant!! Look there’s one… two… three…”

I smiled to myself, Boy is Ghost gonna love this one!! I thought…

GHOST

I twitched as the night sky once again filled the air, “Duck! Where are you?!” I growled, launching myself into the air, and landing on our boulder. I looked out over the land, my feet getting antsy. 

“Ghost!” Steel called up.

“What!” I growled, spinning around. She shrunk back, “Sorry Steel… I’m a little frustrated, but what is it…?” 

“I was wondering if you wanted me to get a search patrol out…?”

My eyes lit up, “Maybe tomorrow, but that is a brilliant idea!” 

Steel walked away a proud grin on her face, but I was to occupied to watch her any longer than to see that she was walking away. 

I sat watching the stars, and I started to appreciate Duck’s love for the night sky, and now I understood why she loved it so much. My thoughts were interrupted, as a pair of tan feet appeared on the rock.

“Don’t worry Ghost they’ll be back.” Rose said, watching the sky with me.

“Rose… Duck had a major melt down the other day…” I said, smiling at the memory.

***

“Ghost!!” Get a grip!! Geez!!” She growled, truly annoyed, you could see it in every future of her body.

“Duck… please would you stay here?” 

She growled, “Now listen her buster, there have been MANY, MANY, Many, centuries and centuries of wolves before me having pups and I know that they all went out and about during their pregnancies…!” She growled.

I smiled, “I bet none of them were anything like you…” 

She growled, “So what?! Is there something wrong with me?” 

My eyes flared in alarm, “Are you crazy?! You’re the best mate anyone could ask for!” 

She flashed a quick smile, “Ok… then I’m going…” She was out the entrance before I could stop her…

***

Rose smiled, “I think that was more you being over protective again… besides she was right, but that’s not the point.” 

I sighed, “I’m just worried, the pups are really slowing her down…” 

Rose smiled over at me, “Who knows… looks like she is off on another one of her adventures.” 

I smiled, “Maybe so Rose… maybe so…”

Rose sighed, “Ghost… you sound like her mother… not her mate…” I growled, Rose laughed, “But at least we know on e thing for sure…”

I raised an eyebrow, “And what is that…?” 

Rose smiled, “Moon is with her… so nothing BAD will happen…” 

“You two heard our conversation that one time didn’t you…?” I said, suspicion hearable in my voice.

Rose smiled one of her devious smile, “Oh… we heard it yes… the laughing fits that came after it though drowned out everything else…”

I sighed, “Her ears never fail to amaze me…” 

“Please me safe, my love…” I murmured…

Chapter Seven - Released

I smiled to myself as I heard wonderful news, “We’ll be releasing them soon.” One of the two-legs said.

My heart started to race and a smile couldn’t help but show up on my face, “Ghost…” I whispered lovingly.

The last few days I had been fretting over whether or not Ghost was safe… and if my pups still were… I was scared half to death for all of them, and wanted out of this horrible smelly place as soon as possible.

I heard four wolves mentioned and pointed at, when the two-legs said something about, “We’ll be releasing them soon”. They were, “The one over there, that looks like the Moon’s Light. The one that could be lost in the shadows, she is so black. The one over there that is looks like chocolate with four black chocolate chips on her paws. And the only normal looking grey wolf we have in here.” They said, pointing to Ice last.

I chuckled, “The only normal one…? That’s a laugh!!” 

He glowered at me, “That’s what you think, missy!!” 

I smiled, and we both broke into spasms of laughter, Moon and the small female in the box beside him looked at us like we were crazy, and although I didn’t completely miss Moon was giving me a look that was one that looked like disappointment. I was a little puzzled when I noticed this, but still didn’t pay much attention; I was too busy laughing at Ice.

Later that day, we were all put back to “sleep” and although we were unconscious we could feel that we were being shifted around, a lot. I awoke with a start, to find myself, in a black hole, or what I thought to be so.

GHOST

I watched and listened waiting, for her, hoping she would show back up. My eyes scanned the ridge that Duck had always loved to sit on, and sometimes with me there. Many both good and bad moments had happened there. It was a spot full of memories. 

I got up, slowly, and walked over to the ridge. My heart skipped a beat as Duck’s sweet scent drifted into my nose. I sighed, ‘Duck! Where are you?!” I whispered, flopping down onto the ridge line. I drifted off into a light sleep, only to be awoken by a very familiar howl.

DUCK

I smiled, as I looked around, we were back on the ridge top, and out of those horrid boxes. I looked around and saw the three wolves that were with me. My eyes took in the chocolate female, Ice, and Moon. I smiled, “Well… out of this whole deal we gained two more pack members…” I whispered.

I lay back down and watched them waiting for them to arouse, then a scent struck my nose, as fast as lightning I sprang to my paws, “Ghost!” I yelped, my heart racing, he was nearby! I knew that the pack den was only a few miles away, but I didn’t realize until now that the scent was drifting to me on the light breeze. I drew in a light breath and let out a long, unwavering howl.

GHOST

I sprang to my paws and ran into the clearing, “ITS DUCK!!!” I yowled, and everyone in the clearing sprang to their paws, their eyes lighting up. I smiled as I heard her voice again, and returned her howl, with my big booming voice. 

As my howl died down, everyone gathered, around, and waited, another reply came, “By the clearing on the ridge!!” It called.

I sprang to my paws, not waiting a second longer. I ran full blast, and everyone trailed behind.

DUCK

I replied to Ghost’s request, asking where we were located, by this time the other three wolves had awoken, “Duck! What’s wrong?!” Moon said, springing to his paws.

I smiled, and giggled, “Nothing at all!!” I grinned.

I looked up as I heard a crashing sound through the trees and flinched back, hoping that this was the pack, instead of a herd of Bison.

I laughed, as both Ghost and Rose broke the trees, neck and neck. I ran to Ghost, and we met in the middle, practically knocking each other over. He licked my face, and I licked his. After a few moments of reuniting, I looked over to Rose and Moon and smiled, “What happened to you guys?” Steel asked.

I grinned, “Moon… Tell them the story… OH, but first, there’s some wolves I want ya’ll to meet…” I walked over to Ice and the female known as Ruri, “This is Ruri, or Ri for short, and this is Eternal Ice, or Ice for short.” I turned to Ghost, already knowing his answer, “They would like to join the pack… I said yes… and told them that they would have to wait for the other Alpha, my lovely mate, to say yes to, before it was completely decided.”

Ghost grinned, “Welcome to the Pack!!” He said, jumping over to my side.

I looked to Moon, “Would you like to do the honors…?” 

Moon laughed, “Sure Duck!” As everyone listened, my eyes drifted up the ridge, I noticed a lone black figure standing there, her scent familiar. I tried to remember it, hoping to place the oddly frightening scent. I kept watching the ridge, and looked into the female’s eyes. Then it hit me, and before I could stop myself, a deadly, loud, frightening growl erupted from the pit of my stomach.

Chapter Eight - Intruder... Who Brings Hurt, Love, and Longing...

Everyone froze looking at me, “Duck… What’s wrong?” Ghost asked, stepping to my side.

I saw the shape start to move, and I bolted into a front line sprint after her, “Hex!!!!!!!” I screamed, as I rammed into her. Knocking her flat, she was winded, unable to move. Ghost was by my side in a flash, starring down at the wolf.

She grinned up, and evil, unpleasant grin, “Hello Duckheart… and thing that I never learned the name of…” She said, still grinning her unpleasant grin.

I shuttered, “Why are you here?!” I growled, low and darkly. Everyone in the clearing had now joined us up on the top of the hill.

Hex grinned, wildly, "Came here to avenge my mother, Lyla…” She said, menacingly.

I bared my teeth, “The only avenging that will be happening here is my avenging when I rip your head off, like your mother did my sisters…” I growled, snapping at her.

She flinched, but didn’t stop, “Oh… Don’t worry Duckheart… I’m not the only one that came… There are others that disagreed with the elder’s decision to join the Shining Stars Pack…we had a little fun tormenting the wolves there before we left…” She said grinning, getting up.

Kaname snapped, “What do you mean?!” He growled, shoving Ghost out of his way, in his rush to get to Hex. She smiled widely.

“What did you do to our friends…?” Sef asked, getting up and calmly coming to stand beside Kaname, Xavier followed his mate, warily.

“Oh… The usual, killed a few… tormented some into hurting their pack members, and had lots o fun while doing it all…” She grinned.

I lurched forwards, but something stopped me, I looked over Hex’s head as she fought with my pack, and saw something I never expected to see ever again, “Echo!!!’ I screeched.

The wolf froze in his tracks. He looked up at me; his eyes were blank, no feeling anywhere within them, no love, no recognition, nothing… I stared back at those eyes, and noticed something, I turned on Hex, “What did you do to him??!!” I growled, getting up into her face. 

Moon Stone came to stand beside me, “What did you do to our brother?!” She growled, fiercely, watching Echo like a lion watched its prey.

Hex took a step back, “Oh don’t worry your brother is just fine… Well on the outside… see… we beat on him so much that he… lost his memory, notice his eyes… blank… hold nothing in them, only the depth of the unknown…” she giggled turning to Echo, “Come here my lovely little servant…” 

Echo came up to stand beside Hex, “You know he is a good servant… very obedient.”

Moon growled, her eyes locked on our brother, “Do… you have… any of other… members of our pack…?” I asked, totally winded.

Hex grinned her evil grimace, “Of course we do!” She laughed, “That mother of your is to pretty to let go to such a waste.” 

My head snapped up, and Moon flew across the ground, only to be stopped by the brother we once knew and loved. He stepped in front of Hex, making Moon freeze in place. 

I choked, “Our… mo…moth…mother?!” I croaked.

Hex laughed, “Of course!! A feisty thing that one is, but we’ve managed to keep her under our control for a long time now!!”

I turned, looking at my pack, I walked to the edge of the circle of bristling wolves, I stopped and turned, “Get your furry tail off my land, before I shred you into a billion bits, and throw you over the edge of the canyon to your death!!!!” I screamed, menacingly.

Hex flinched and took a step back, she nodded to Echo then turned and walked a few feet, only to stop and turn again, “Well… it’s nice to meet you neighbors!” She said, grinning from ear to ear now.

A few wolves took a few steps forwards to follow her, but I held up my tail, “Moon Stone… Kaname… Steel… Frodo… Sef… Follow them… make sure they leave our land, and… track them to the edge of our borders… We… are at war!!” I growled, making each word emphasized. 

I looked at the wolves around, each face lit up in different expressions, a few anxious, a few ready, a few daring, a few with a look that would kill, a few glaring at the spot that Hex had disappeared in, there were a few that were hurt, one that was worried, looking straight at me, and one that looked as if it would never leave the spot where our brother had appeared in to save the enemy…

My stomach lurched, “Ghost… love… put up a border patrol… make sure that the border most watched is the one along the line of Hex’s pack…” I whispered, turning to him, his worried gaze met my hurt eyes.

“Will do honey…” He said, turning to the pack. 

I went over to Moon, “Let’s… go… back to our… birth place… Who knows, maybe… they are still there… a few of them…” I whispered.

Moon’s head shot up and looked at me, “You think so, little sis..?” She asked, looking around at the pack members, whose gazes were fixed on the two of us.

I smiled, “Its worth a shot…” I said, smiling at her.

Chapter Nine – Reluctance 

Ghost walked over to me, “Duck… I… don’t want you to go…” He paused, his eye stinking to me, I saw the hurt and the pain they held, the fire they once held was almost gone at this moment, “I… the pups… what if it takes you... so long that the pups are born… while you’re gone?” He asked, staring at me.

I smiled at him, a very painful smile, “I’ll go… but not only with Moon… with a few others to… with Rose… and Soul… and Steel… and Sef… and Swift.” I said, looking at each wolf in turn, their eyes lighting up as I said their names.

Their mates all looked at each of them, “Duck…” Moon said, “You can’t… take them with you…” He paused looking at me, “They are all pregnant too… have you forgotten that…?”

Soul growled and so did Steel, “Umm… thanks very much, but I’m NOT!!” they said in unison.

I smiled, a weak smile, “No… I figured you boys would want them to come… considering they would be safer farther away from here… Besides it almost spring… I know… but this way, if anyone has their pups they’ll have someone to stay with them and help them out while the rest of us continue on…” 

They all looked at me with looks that held, ‘You’re crazy, but know what you’re talking about’, ‘Girl… you don’t bring them back alive, I’ll kill you’, and ‘Please bring her back safely’. I acknowledged each look, and smiled to myself.

I looked to each female, my next question going to each of them, “You guys… want to try?”

Each of them nodded, whether it was for the glory, the adventure, the protection for their pups, or wanting to know where I grew up at, I didn’t know, but I did know I had friends I could always, and would always be able to count on.

I watched as each of the females began saying their good-byes. I flipped my head to Ghost and smiled at him, his glare that returned my smile was to be expected. I walked over to him, “I’m sorry… but it’s worth a shot.” I said, licking his face, “We’ll try to be back as soon as possible. We WILL come back!! Every last one of us!!” 

He managed a smile, “I know you ALL will Duck… I know, but you see… I almost died the last four days… I don’t know how long we’ll last here without you…” He said, warily.

“We’ll move as fast as our pregnant tails can allow.” I said, smiling as I rubbed my neck on his.

He grinned, “Don’t… hurt yourselves though… I’ll hold down the fort here… You take care of them…” He whispered, the hurt cracking his voice.

I licked his nose, “I will!!” I turned around and looked at each of my chosen friends, “You guys ready?” I asked.

Each of them nodded, a few more vigorously than others. I walked forwards into the forest, and waited until all of them had passed me. I looked at the wolves standing in the clearing, my eyes lingering on Ghost and Moon. They both smiled at me, and I smiled back, I looked to Ghost, hurt brimming in the very depths of my eyes, “I love you…” I murmured.

He grinned, “Love you too…” He said, hurt caking his eyes too.

I smiled, then quickly spun around and raced off to my friends, as I caught up to them I slowed, “If you don’t want to go… then you don’t have to…” I said looking at them all, they each held the same hurt in their eyes as, I was sure, was brimming mine. 

“Duck… We know what you meant by keeping us safe… You’re losing faith… so, we are going with you to help you and Moon. We aren’t just going for you two though… You were right… our pups are safer far away from the pack right now…” Sef said, speaking for the group.

“Then I’m taking that as a “We’re not leaving and you can’t make us…?” Cause I’m hoping so…”

Everyone laughed and nodded, “Sure thing Ducky… Sure thing!” Swift said.

I smiled, “Well… let’s get going and get this over with…” I turned and walked over the border, into the land we had traveled before to get here.

Chapter Ten – Travelers…

I walked at the head of our little group, keeping my pace slow and even, I kept looking back making sure everyone was ok. Steel and Soul had volunteered to stay at the back of the group, to make sure no one fell behind. I noticed that both Moon and Sef had been passed up by Rose and Swift. I sighed, “Time for a break?” I asked.

It had only been a few days since we left the pack, and I could tell that they all felt it greatly. I watched them as everyone sat down for their rest, I looked at Soul and she caught my eye. I motioned for her to come over to e, and she did. “Yes Duck?” She asked, walking up t o me.

“Will you take them back…?” I asked, softly.

She looked at me, and shook her head, “I’m afraid not my friend. I think we are all needed here. I know your worried about the pups inside them, but like their mothers I’m sure they are strong.” She said, having enough sense to keep her voice down.

I smiled at her, “They are strong and tough aren’t they…?” I said, half speaking to myself, “I guess we’ll give it a shot, but if anyone else starts lagging so far behind I have to slow the pace… you’re taking her and another one of the pregnant females home… Unless its Moon… that’s a different story…”

Soul smiled, “Sure thing Duck… sure thing Duck.” She smiled at me then turned and went to take a short nap before we got to moving again.

We had been on the move of another week and we could all feel the strain of the trip on our bodies. I wasn’t feeling it as bad as some of the others though. I sighed, knowing that my homelands were over the top of a mountain. I couldn’t let them travel there with me. I stopped at the bottom of the mountain side, which led to the lands of my birth. I smiled as lots of different emotions ran through my veins

I called another resting point, “This is where we will sleep for the night. Everyone get settled in.” I said, watching them all, I once again called Soul to me, but this time I asked her to also bring Steel.

They walked over to me conversing quietly, “You two… please make sure that these guys DO NOT get over that mountain… It will be too hard for the climb up, and the climb back down, for pregnant, well their stage of pregnant, wolves to go up and down. Please make sure that they all are kept on this side of that mountain.” I said, having fully gotten their attention.

“Sure thing!!” Steel said enthusiastically.

“Yep, yep, yep.” Soul said, smiling.

“Thanks… “ I said, turning my gaze back to the mountain. 

I watched as everyone feel asleep, pretending to be already asleep myself, I had the fake-sleep act mastered, since Moon and I had done it ever since we were little. I waited until I knew everyone was asleep, then I took the long climb, back into the past, and what I hoped to be the place that made a future for my pack.

Chapter Eleven – Reliving the Past, Looking Forward to the Future…

I stalked over the edge of the mountain top, and drew in a short, quick breath as my eyes set on the very den I had once lived in with Honey. I whined, “Honey…” I whispered, as I walked to the very edge of the den-site clearing.

I looked around and instantly found the spot where Ghost had lay Honey to rest. The earth was still a little unsettled, but not enough that a predator would even see the spot. I only found it, because I knew that spot had been Honey’s favorite place in the whole clearing.

I walked over to her resting place, slowly, as if to not wake her. I bent my head down and touched the earth, under which she lay. I whimpered, then straightened. It was time for me to move out of this section of my past, and into the very part of my past I dreaded the most, the reason why I was here once more… 

I slipped through the night, carefully examining each spot in the forest until I remembered it. I kept walking until I hit the trail to the den my family had once used. I drew in a sharp breath, a little pain starting to flow back into my heart, but I quickly blocked it out. 

I slowly ascended the trail to my old den-site, picking up scents that had actually survived the years since I had last seen this place. I was amazed at that fact. 

I stopped as I drew near the bushes that held the den-site behind them. I stood there for a moment breathing in the faint, old scents of my pack members. It was stronger here, because it was a “high-way” for my pack members to be coming through here.

I took in one last breath and walked into the clearing. I took a few steps into the clearing, my eyes still adjusting to the light; I had a hard time seeing what was around me. I ran into something soft and fuzzy. I looked up, a gasp escaping my throat, “S…Sk…Sky?” I asked, my eyes disbelieving. 

“Who are you…?” My sister asked, stunned…

“I’m… Duckheart… Duck.” I stammered.

Sky’s eyes grew wide, “Duckheart as in Ducky girl…?” She asked, starring in my direction.

I gasped, “Your…eyes…” I said, starring at her in disbelief. 

She grinned a little, “Black Winds don’t really go light on their beatings… So onw… I’m blind.” My sister said, making me stare at her, rage building up inside me.

I cut to the chase, “Sky… listen to me. I have a pack, a mate, and am going to have pups.” She interrupted.

“Way to go little Ducky!!” She exclaimed smiling widely.

I grimaced,” No, not way-to-go…” She started to say something but I cut her off, “My past has put the wolves in my pack, and my mate and pups in jeopardy… Lyla… remember her…?”

Sky nodded.

“Well I killed her, but that’s not the point; she has a daughter name of Hex. Hex has come to my lands for revenge… I need you to come with me back to my pack lands and help me bring down Hex, rescue mom and Echo, and put the land back to peace…” I paused as her eyes grew wide at the mention of both Cloud and Echo being alive, “Will you come back with me…?” I asked, watching her closely…

Chapter Twelve – Decision…

Sky looked at me, her eyes filled with some many different emotions, it was hard to see which one she felt the most, “I’ll go with you Duck, but I’m not guaranteeing to stay in your pack…” She whispered, stepping towards me and licking my cheek. 

I responded by licking her ear, “I never expected you to without meeting them…” I whispered, then I remembered something, “I… Did you know that Moon is also still alive…?” I asked, my head whipping around.

Sky smiled, “I do now…” 

I smiled at her, “Well… lets go and have us a little family reunion then…” 

Sky nodded, “Let us do so…”

I walked away, walking slowly waiting for Sky, she caught up quickly and had no problems, despite being blind, keeping up with me. As we rounded then bend that would lead us to the mountain top, I smiled, my life… was becoming whole again… not that it wasn’t with Ghost, but now, my whole family would be there…

We descended the mountain without any problems, with her being agile, and me not to far along in my pregnancy. I stopped at the bottom of the mountain to see four pairs of angry eyes staring at me, and two very proud pairs. I laughed, “Thanks Soul… Steel.” Ignoring the glares I turned to Sky, “Everyone… Moon… I would like to introduce you to Sky… My second oldest sister Sky…” I smiled at her, then turned to Moon, “Sorry sis… I thought it better if you all stayed here…”

Moon looked at Sky, love in her eyes, then she turned to me, “And what, exactly would you have had me tell Ghost, if I went back to the pack without his mate, the Alpha female, and his pups?!?” She screamed, the hormones getting to her.

I laughed, “You know as well as I do that that would’ve never happened. You all know that I would fight to the death to be able to come back to you…”

They all grunted, looking away from me, ashamed with themselves. “Now… let’s go!!!” I said, giving a wild smile. Then I turned quickly around, “How long do you guys think you can keep up a slow run…?” 

They all grinned wildly, “Come on Duck… You’re being too soft… lets run for a while… we all need it… and it’ll help get back faster…” Sef said, grinning from ear-to-ear.

“And I agree!!” I said, turning and sprinting off. I heard laughs erupt behind me, then the sounds of paw beats behind me. I smiled and kept my pace, even and a little slow. I didn’t want them wearing out to fast… we had a little bit of a run, well at least a little bit if you counted how far I wanted to make it running, a head of us. 

I smile dot myself, as we headed off, back to our mates, back to our friends, back to my pack, with another member of my family. I just hoped we could all make it that far without anymore additions to our group…

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

682 129 61
This story is based on a group of teenage wolves dealing with their own personal problems. How will they react to meeting their mates. They'll face...
4.2K 215 23
Allison is twenty years old and she just lost her parents and her sister and has absolutely no one to turn to. That's when the moon goddess sends SKY...
372K 5.3K 8
Aina just moved to a new town with her foster family, she also just started a new school full of what?... Wolves? And to top it all off she's just fo...
7.9K 305 29
I am predominantly a human, a wrong species in the wrong pack, raised in the wrong home. But Nightstalkers is home and the human world is just too co...