The Hunting Hour - A Criminal...

By bonniegreyfics

Agent Prentiss is living a good life in DC with her daughter Bella. But Doyle is looking for revenge and Emil... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Joyfull Season
Chapter 2: Christmas
Chapter 3: A Family
Chapter 4: Midnight Fire
Chapter 5: A Visitor From Paris
Chapter 6: Am I In Danger?
Chapter 7: Lauren
Chapter 8: Lies
Chapter 9: Only You
Chapter 10: End This
Chapter 11: Taken
Chapter 12: Innocent
Chapter 13: Torture
Chapter 14: Declan
Chapter 15: Doyle vs
Chapter 16: Destruction
Chapter 17: Pain
Chapter 19: Letters
Chapter 20: Funerals
Chapter 21: She Needs Me
Chapter 22: Distractions
Chapter 23: Holding On
Chapter 24: Quiet
Chapter 25: Small And Determined
Chapter 26: Not Ready
Chapter 27: She's Not Okay
Chapter 28: The World Out There
Chapter 29: It's In The Blood
Chapter 30: Paris
Chapter 31: Please Help Me
Chapter 32: Small Steps
Chapter 33: Check-Up
Chapter 34: Chaos
Chapter 35: A Little Light
Chapter 36: Before The Storm
Chapter 37: More Like Hurricane
Chapter 38: Blown Up
Chapter 39: The Case Is Over
Chapter 40: You Are Family
Chapter 41: All She Wanted
Chapter 42: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 43: Time Helps
Chapter 44: Thunderstorms
Chapter 45: Panic
Chapter 46: JJ and Hotch
Chapter 47: The Team Is Lucky To Have You
Chapter 48: Welcome Back
Chapter 49: Stop Fighting
Chapter 50: Small Steps Big Achievements
Chapter 51: The Girl Behing The Red Door
Chapter 52: The Top Of The Hill
Chapter 53: Just Us Two
Chapter 54: Better Times
Chapter 55: Moving On
Chapter 56: Dad
Chapter 57: Baby Don't You Cry
Chapter 58: A Spark
Chapter 59: A House Is Not A Home
Chapter 60: Together

Chapter 18: Long Rode Ahead

2.8K 57 5
By bonniegreyfics

In the hotel, Bella fell asleep again and woke up around 1pm with Hotch calling Morgan's phone.
"It's my phone" Morgan said sitting up on the bed as Bella got a bit closer to Penelope.
"Hello?" Derek said.

"How is she?" Hotch asked.

"Hanging there" Morgan said standing up and walking to the window.

"I just talked to the doctor that saw her and she needs a bandage change before we can go back to DC. So I scheduled one for 3:30 and we're leaving at 5 if everything goes okay" Hotch said.

"Okay. I'll take her" Derek said.

"Okay. Anything just call" Hotch said and they hung up.

"Who was it?" Penelope asked.

"Hotch" Derek said. "She has a little check-up at 3:30 today" he said laying back down.

"I don't wanna go back to the hospital" Bella said with tears in her eyes and a low voice.

"We'll be right there with you and it will be really fast and then we'll go home" Derek said.
"You're gonna fly on the jet with us" he said with a small smile.

"I am?" Bella asked serious.

"Yeah" he smiled.
She moved closer to him and he wrapped her in his arms.
They watched some tv till it was time to go.
Derek carried the girl outside and suddenly Reid opened his hotel room door. Bella tightened her arms around Derek and hid her face on his neck.

"Hi. I was just about to go see you" Reid said and Bella looked up again, relieved it was just him. "Are you going somewhere?" He asked, his eyes were red from crying.

"She has a little check-up before we can go to DC" Garcia said.

"Oh. I got her this" Reid said holding up a navy blue winter coat. "It said it would snow on the weather channel" he said.

"Thanks Spencer" Penelope smiled. She looked at Bella and said "let's put it on, bunny?"
Derek put the girl down and Penelope helped her put it on.
"That looks perfect" Garcia smiled at Bella, even though the coat looked a bit big on the girl.
Bella just stayed quiet and went to Derek again so he picked her up.

"Let's go?" Derek asked.

"Yeah yeah." Penelope said. "We'll see you later Spencer" Garcia said and they left.
Reid went back inside and sat to read.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

The drive to the hospital was quiet.
They sat on the back of the cab and Bella wouldn't let go of Morgan. She was scared of going back there.
The taxi dropped them off at the hospital entrance and Hotch was there.

"Hi" Hotch said when they got to him. Bella was waking right between them and holding their hands.

"The doctor will call her right up" Hotch said and they walked in.
Penelope went to the front desk while Derek sat in the waiting room with Bella on his lap.
There were a few kids playing as they all waited at the clinic.

"408" the front desk lady told Penelope. "The doctor will be right there"
Penelope went and told Derek and they went to the doctor's office. Derek put Bella on the exam table and stood next to her.

"Do you wanna take your coat off?" Derek asked and she shook her head no. She pulled him close and rested her head on his chest. He wrapped her in a hug. "It's gonna be okay, baby girl" he said.
Penelope grabbed her hand and they stayed there waiting for the doctor.

After a while Doctor Clark walked in.

"You're still working?" Penelope asked.

"Double shift" the doctor said. "Hi Bella" she smiled at the girl who just looked away. "She looks better" she told Derek. "Has she eaten anything?" She asked.

"No" Penelope said. "She didn't want to eat here and then we took her to the hotel and fell asleep. We didn't even think about that"

"Well she needs to keep a good died in order to heal quicker so... You have to eat a little, young lady" the woman said with a warm smile.

Derek let go of Bella as the doctor approached to exam her. The girl immediately tensed up.

"Well, let's take this coat off so I can take a look at you sweetheart?" The woman said.
Bella didn't do anything, she didn't even look at the woman, so Derek went and took her coat off and then the cardigan.

"Now can you lay down for me?" The woman asked and Bella laid down. Not letting go of Derek's hand.
Bella let the doctor check her vitals, her stomach, everything. She just laid there and didn't say a word.

"Everything looks fine with her. She has a few bruises that will heal just fine with time." Clark said.

"What about her back?" Penelope asked.

"We'll need to do a bandage change and she can keep it for two days and then at your local hospital they'll have to do it again or you can just do it at home" Clark said.

"Okay" Garcia said.

Bella squeezed Derek's hand and when he looked at her he saw she was about to cry.
"Come here" he said and picked her up as she cried in his arms. "We're gonna be right here with you. It's going to fine" he told her.

"It's gonna hurt, isn't it?" Bella said.

"A little bit" Derek said. He didn't want to lie and say it wouldn't hurt at all.

"Just a little bit?" Bella whispered as tears kept rolling.

"Yeah. Just a little. You can do it, pumpkin. And we'll be right here. Okay?" Penelope said and the girl nodded crying.

"I'm scared" Isabella cried.

"I know you are but we promise it's going to be okay" Penelope said as she grabbed the girl's hand.

"We'll be right here" Derek said.

"Okay" Bella said and went to wipe her face, Garcia helped.

"Alright. So let's do it really fast?" Clark said as two nurses walked in and Bella just hugged Derek.

"Come on. We'll be right beside you" Derek said walking and placing her on the exam table.

"Look. Nurse Cadee will give you a medicine before, alright? And it will make you feel a little better, okay?" The doctor said and the girl just kept quiet.
The nurse walked close with an injection and Bella moved away.

"It's okay this won't hurt" the doctor said.

"No. No shot! No" Bella said trying to get away but the other nurse and the doctor held her down. The woman pulled her pants down and injected the medicine on her leg. Bella's eyes filled with tears as she felt it burning.

"Au" she whispered.

"All done" the nurse said.

"Can you still feel that?" Doctor Clark asked and Bella shook her head no and wiped her face a little.

"Good job" Derek told her with a little smile.

"Has anyone ever told you how tough you are?" The doctor said and Bella looked at Derek.

"Oh yeah. They have" Clark smiled.

"She's a tough cookie" Penelope said smiling at Bella.

"She is" Clark said pulling the girl's pants up. "Alright so now let's see your back" she said and everyone noticed how Isabella tensed again.

"Can you just wait a little bit? Just a little bit?" Bella said sounding scared as tears filed her eyes again.

"Of course" Clark said.

"You can do it princess" Derek said.

"Can you hold me?" Isabella asked Derek and started crying again. "It's gonna hurt bad. It already hurts" she said taking her hand to her eyes.

Derek looked at the doctor not knowing what he could or couldn't do.

"How about if he sits in there with you? Huh? Would that be okay?" Clark said and Bella nodded yes.

"Let me get on this side" he said. Bella sat up and he sat next to her.

"Let's take your shirt off" the doctor said. "And then you can lay down on his lap." She said.
The doctor took Isabella's pajamas shirt off and Derek helped the girl lay on his lap. Her back facing the outside of the bed.

Isabella felt the air touching her back as she shivered with fear. It felt just like when Doyle lifted her shirt up in the warehouse.
"Penny?" She called.

"I'm right here" Garcia said and held Isabella's hand.

"We'll do one at a time. So it's best if we start with this one" Clark said remembering the one in the middle of her back was the less hurt. She began taking the bandage off.

"Wait" Bella said scared.

"I'm not doing anything yet. I'm just taking it off I'm not putting anything on it" Clark said calmly.

Isabella could feel herself shaking. She was so scared. She knew it was going to hurt.
"Derek" she cried.

"It's alright. It's gonna be quick, baby girl. It's okay" Derek said holding her hand as the girl snuggled closer to him.

"Just the cotton ball now, okay?" Clark said and before Bella said anything she went for it. Bella flinched and held Derek and Penelope's hand tight as she let out an "ouch" and followed it with tears. The doctor cleaned 2 more spots and closed it with a new bandage.

"This one is done sweetheart. You did really good" Clark said.

"How many more?" Bella whispered crying.

"We're almost done" Clark lied and took 2 other bandages off. The two top ones. She went for it and Bella couldn't help but scream. It hurt too much.
It broke Penelope's heart.

The doctor went and cleaned the others in which the girl just cried. She didn't move at all.

"Just the cream now, honey" The doctor said and went for the neck again.

"Au. It hurts there. It's hurts" Bella cried as the doctor put the cream on.
Clark finished and put new bandages on.

"Is it done?" Bella asked still crying.

"Just one more" Clark said.

"No" Bella cried. "I can't do it" she said. "Please I can't" she cried.

"It's almost done baby" Garcia said crying too.

"No please no. Please I don't want to" the girl cried and tried to get up.

"It's the last one. Come on. You've got this tough girl. You got it." Derek said holding her tighter.

"No" Bella told him.

"You've got this. You're almost done" he said.

"Please let me go" she said crying.

"Look at me. Baby girl, look at me" he said and she did. "It's almost done" he said and she just kept looking at him. "Come on. Just squeeze my hand" he said and she squeezed it tight. He nodded to the doctor and she took the bandage off.

Garcia felt like her heart traveled to her throat as she saw that on the lower back Isabella had what it looked like a 3 or 4 taser marks on the same place and a clover branded close to it. It was really red and even had blisters on it.

"All of this is tightening it up. She must be in a lot of pain" she explained to them feeling bad.

"You need to stay very still for me now, okay?" Doctor Clark told Bella who nodded as tears kept streaming down her face. The doctor got a cotton ball and cleaned around the three big blisters on the girl's lower back. Bella flinched and clenched her teeth but then managed to stay still.
"Bella you have a little blister here on your back. And we gotta drain it okay?" The Doctor said and Bella just looked at Derek.
"You know what that is?" The doctor asked and Isabella nodded yes.

"Can I do that?" She asked and Bella nodded.

"But is it gonna hurt?" She asked scared.

"We'll do it really slow. Just stay very still for me, okay?" Clark said.

"Okay" Bella said.

The doctor drained the first one and almost at the end Bella cried harder and said it was hurting.
"It's almost done" Clark said and quickly finished. "Stay still" she said and went for the other two. Bella silently cried but stayed still.
"You are so tough kid" The doctor said impressed with the girl. "Just cleaning now, alright?" She said and got the cotton ball with the medicine to clean as she had done before.
She touched Isabella's back and the girl screamed "ahhhh Au stoooop" as the doctor kept cleaning it. She started moving and nurse Cadee held her hip down.

"Stop it. It hurts" she cried.

"Just cream now" The doctor said trying to do everything really fast as Isabella kept crying and begging them to stop.

"All done" Clark said getting the bandages to put it on.

"You did so good honey" Garcia said as the doctor put the new bandages on Bella.

"She'll need an anti-inflammatory now because of the blisters, alright?" Clark said as she picked up an syringe she had brought in too. She knew that could happen so she got one just in case. Cadee started preparing it and Bella saw.

"I need a shot?" Bella asked crying. "No I don't want another shot. No!" she cried.

"It's gonna be alright" Derek said holding her.

"No" she cried as she tried to get away from Derek but failing as he held her tighter.

Dr. Clark pulled her underwear a bit down to show a bit of her butt.

"No. Not on my bum. No! Please" Isabella cried but Clark did it anyways.
"Aaahhuu Au" she cried and screamed as she felt it sting badly.

"It's all done. You did an incredible job" Clark said once she took it out.

"Au" Bella whispered as it was still hurting and hid her face on Derek.

"Let her rest a little" doctor Clark said and walked out with the nurses.

"It's over, princess" Derek told her as she just kept crying.

"Mommy" Bella whispered, desperately wanting Emily.

"Shuuuuu it's okay" Derek said.

"I want my mommy" Bella cried.

Penelope wiped a couple tears and sat on a chair.
Derek kept holding Isabella and she just cried herself to sleep in about 6 minutes.
"She's out" Derek said noticing the girl was asleep.
"Are you okay?" He asked Penelope who nodded yes.

"Baby girl" He said. "Don't play tough. I was almost crying too" he admitted. The truth was that the girl's screams just broke their hearts.

"I can't stand seeing her like this... in this much pain" She said as tears streamed from her eyes.

"She's going to be okay" Derek said.
Penelope walked over to him and he held her hand.
They just stayed there with Bella till the doctor got back.

"She's asleep?" Clark asked surprised.

"Yeah" Morgan said.

"She's really tough. I've seen grown man cry way more because of this" Clark said.
Derek nodded.
"Here. She'll need to take this anti-inflammatory for two weeks." She explained getting the medicine out of a pink bag. "This one is for the pain and its every 12 hours. She'll get really sleepy in the first few hours so it might help with her sleeping too." She said taking another medicine out. "Bandage change every two days and if you do it at home and there are blisters you're gonna have to take her to a hospital to get it drained but it's very likely there won't be any" Clark said.

"Okay. Thank you" Derek said.

"Best wishes for her" the doctor said.
She saw Derek needed help so she held Bella as Derek got out of the exam table. The man picked the girl up resting the child's head on his shoulder, and Garcia carried her clothes.

"Goodbye" Penelope said and they walked out.

Hotch met them at the hospital's entrance.
"How is she?" He asked.

"Asleep" Derek said.

"It was awful" Penelope said as her eyes filled with tears again.

"We'll leave in about an hour" Hotch said.

"We'll take her back to the hotel and then we'll meet you on the jet" Derek said.

"Okay" Hotch said and they walked out to get a taxi.
They got inside one and Bella stayed on Derek's arms. She moved a little but didn't wake up.
Derek told the taxi driver where to go and the man started the car.

"Let's eat when we get there. You heard the doctor, She needs to eat" Derek said.

"Derek you know her. She won't eat." Garcia said.

Derek nodded understanding. "She needs to at least try"

"Maybe she'll eat some ice cream. I don't know. She loves that and there's a shop close to the hotel." Penelope said.

"We need to get her dressed then" he said looking down at the shirtless girl in his arms only being covered by the coat Penelope threw over her.

"We'll do it when we get there. Let her sleep" Garcia said.

After a while the taxi stopped at the hotel.
"We'll just dress her up" Derek told the man.

"Hey. Bellie. Wake up" Penelope said. The girl moved a little. "Bella wake up" Garcia said and the girl jumped awake clearly scared.

"Hey it's okay. It's Me. It's aunt Penny." Garcia said calming the girl down. "Hi" she smiled. "You need to put your shirt on" Garcia said.
Bella stayed silent but put the pajama top on with Penelope's help. Her bum was still hurting a little and her back too, even though they gave her pain medication.

"Put the coat on too" Derek said and she put it on with their help.
Penelope got out of the car and Derek followed with Bella in his arms. Garcia paid for the taxi and they went to the ice cream shop.

"Do you want chocolate?" Garcia asked as they walked in and Bella shook her head no.

"Baby girl you have to eat and I know you like ice cream" Derek said looking at her.

"My back hurts" Bella said with tears in her eyes.

"So eat a little bit so we can give you the pain medicine" Garcia said.

"Chocolate then" Bella whispered and rested her head on Derek's shoulder.
They ordered and went to sit. Derek put Bella down on the chair and sat right next to her. They started eating the ice cream.
Bella's back was hurting and it hurt to sit down on that chair. She stood up almost crying and Derek pulled her to him and she sat on his lap.

"Here try mine. It's cherry" Penelope said holding the spoon. Bella opened her mouth and tried it. "Do you like it?" Garcia asked and the girl nodded yes.

"Alright, now try to eat a little bit of yours" Derek said handing Bella her ice cream.
She ate it and impressively she didn't feel sick like she used to when something bad happened. She didn't really feel like eating anything but she ate and she was fine with it.

They finished the ice cream and Garcia looked at the time.
"We need to get our things and go meet everyone" Penelope said.

"Why?" Bella asked.

"We're going back to DC" Derek said with a small smile. He was glad to be heading home.

They went to the hotel, Garcia gave Bella her pain medicine and they got their things while Bella laid on the bed.

"All ready?" Derek asked.

"Yeah" Garcia said sounding a little sad, holding her go bag and her computer.

Suddenly Derek looked at the bed and saw Bella had fallen asleep. "Can you carry this? I got a little one to carry" he said and Garcia looked at the girl too.
Her eyes filled with tears as she remembered the events and what a long road Bella had ahead of her.
Derek handed his bag to her, walked to the bed and picked Bella up who stayed asleep.

They went to the jet and everyone was worried about how the girl was doing.

"She's as good as she could be at the moment" Penelope said.
Derek put Bella down on the big seat and sat next to her.

"She looks a bit better" JJ said.

"Yeah" Derek said soothing the girl's hair.

"How's her back?" Rossi asked.

"They changed the bandages today" Derek said.

"And..?" Rossi asked worried.

"It was awful" Garcia said as her eyes filled with tears again.

"She had some blisters but they took care of it." Derek said. "It will heal and she'll be okay" he added.

Rossi held Garcia's hand as she sat next to him.

After a while everyone got in and they flew to DC.
Bella slept the entire flight.
Hotch told everyone what would happen in the next few days.
Derek talked to Hotch about Bella and told him he want to take the girl in. Hotch told him to just take care of the girl and not worry, that he would get an order and take care of everything for him.

When the plane landed almost everyone on the team took a deep breath, glad to be home. They felt relieved to be back but they didn't look happy at all because someone should have been there with them.

Penelope stared at Bella and wondered what the future held for the girl. Garcia was a bit scared about taking such big responsibility and looking after Bella with Derek but she knew Emily would want that.
She knew Emily would want Bella to stay with her family.
And that was them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 150 11
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ lily addams was placed in protective custody at just seven years old. what happens ten years later when she goes missing? 。・:*:・゚...
17.3K 337 52
After being adopted by Agent Derek Morgan, Alyssa is ready to start a new chapter in her life despite the death of her parents. A new home and a new...
275K 7.4K 29
[book two] Rosemary finally begins to establish a regular lifestyle with Spencer, but will it last? ꧁꧁꧂꧂ All Rights Reserved.
334K 5.9K 66
Emily Prentiss kept a lot of secrets from her team. Her daughter was one of them. But suddenly her world shakes and she needs to step in and take car...