Ice Cold

By dark_victory

Alexis Reed, known as Lex, lives in a small town named Redwood. She finds herself having to take care of her... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Nine

23 3 0
By dark_victory

I heard screams and not five seconds later principal Atkins came on the intercom, "code black, I repeat, code black, this is not a drill. Get to the nearest classroom," he said and all the blood in my veins froze.

Code black meant there were intruders in the building and we all needed to get out the hallways and out of sight. I would have been running along with the others but there were too many people shoving other people to get to a classroom, plus, I couldn't see anything. I started feeling down the lockers until I felt someone's hand wrap around my forearm and I screamed in surprise.

"Lex, it's me," Connor's warm voice said beside my ear and pulled me in the opposite direction.

I heard someone else call my name but I couldn't pinpoint it. I looked around in the darkness but I could only make out dark silhouettes rushing to get out of sight.

"Come on," Connor's voice said again and tugged at my hand.

I reluctantly followed. I was worried for Hayden, Jade, and the others. Connor pulled me into a classroom that was completely empty. I looked around to see that the blinds were opened letting in a little bit of light. I turned around to see someone that was not Connor.

I screamed as loud as I could. The guy in front of me had blonde hair and almost black eyes and he looked like he'd been running through the woods all day. He clamped a hand over my mouth and I struggled against the grip he had on me as he wrapped his other arm around the front of my shoulders.

He pulled me to him so that my back was against his chest as the very angry and very real Connor busted the door down. I watched him with frightened eyes as I felt cold metal bite into the skin on my neck. I started looking for any and every way to get out of this situation. I thought about stomping on his foot but he'd probably still cut me in my attempt to be freed.

"Take any more steps and the knife goes in farther and farther," the rogue behind me said in a cold and lifeless voice.

As if to prove his point he dug the knife in slightly making me squirm in his grip and scream against his hand. I felt a slight trickle flow down my neck. I knew it was my blood and I looked cautiously at Connor. He had a hurt and worried expression on his face mixed with anger but as he smelled my blood a look of lust and passion crept onto his features.

"Stop," Connor said angrily but the effect was lost as his voice broke as he said the word.

"So tempting isn't it?" The rogue asked and I felt him move behind me and suddenly I felt his tongue sliding up the side of my neck and I made a grunt of effort and a sound of disgust into his hand as I tried to get away.

The rogue moaned and I cringed at the sound, "blissful isn't it? Absolutely the best blood there is on this world, but you already know about that, don't you?" The rogue asked but it sounded more like an accusation.

Connor let out a furious growl that made me instantly go still I cautiously looked over at him to see pure rage etched on his face. His red eyes seemed to burn and his teeth seemed longer and sharper as his face was twisted into a snarl. Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, Connor was in front of me and had the rogue's wrist in his hand.

"I am Prince Connor, son of the King of the Northern Realm and future heir to the throne, so as future king of this realm I sentence you to death since you have threatened murder to one of my closest allies," Connor said in a dark voice that seemed to have another, even darker, voice intertwining with his. This voice was cold and heartless; this was the person Connor was when he needed to protect what he cared about. I looked up at him in wonder as well as a new found fear, but it wasn't for what he was doing, it was for the other sides of Connor I had yet to see.

I could practically feel the rogue behind me shaking in fear as I found myself able to easily step away from his seeing as now I was not his main focus. I stepped to the side and watched as Connor took a few steps forwards and plunged his hand deep inside the rogue's chest and viciously yanked out his heart. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears as I watched the scene unfold. I was frozen in shock as I watched the rogue fall to the ground in a lifeless heap.

Alarms starting ringing in my head as Connor slowly turned to me. He was suddenly in front of me and running a hand down my face. His red eyes had lost their rage and were now a soft and longing color red that made my heart bleed for him. I saw his fangs now piercing his lip as he slightly opened his mouth to make room for them.

"Connor," I said, knowing what the smell of my blood did to him and trying to stop this situation from getting any worse since I could already feel blood running down my neck.

He let out a low growl and grabbed my wrists, pushing me forcefully into the wall behind me unintentionally as he bent down and inhaled the blood at my neck, completely forgetting about the dead body a few feet away. I pushed at his chest but he didn't move an inch. "Connor, you can't, you know you can't," I said against his ear.

Connor suddenly became very still and leaned down until his mouth was right beside me ear, "I need to," he said through a strained voice before he lowered his head even lower and I felt his tongue lick the blood from my neck much like the rogue had done but it didn't feel the same.

"You can't, the kingdom will not like this, especially the Princess of the Duval's" I said, trying to get him to stop but he was slowly progressing.

I pushed forcefully at him as I tried to free myself from his grasp, "Connor, there's a possibility you could turn me, you're a full-blood," I stated which made him pause.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Lex, I just need this so please forgive me, I can't contain myself anymore. I've been trying not to do this for a very long time, I even tried staying away from you, but nothing works so this is the only solution. Maybe after it's done this feeling will go away," Connor poured his thoughts out.

"I understand, but I‒," I started but was cut off as Connor sank his teeth into my neck.

I let out a small scream before the venom on his teeth started to take control of my body and the pain was gone, replaced by something much more pleasant. After a couple seconds I heard Connor moan against my skin and I ran my hand through his hair causing him to let out a low growl and pick me up so that I was higher and closer to him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and cradled his head against my neck as he drew most of my blood from my body.

After a few more seconds I was lightheaded and pulling on Connor's hair so he would let me go. He opened his eyes to reveal a lustful and pleading look in his red eyes as he slowly retracted his fangs and licked his lips. I looked into his eyes for a few moments before he crashed his lips into mine. It was a fiery kiss that begged for more. I could feel a fire light up in my stomach the second our lips touched.

Every touch felt like electricity going through my veins. I bit at his lip and he bit mine back, vampire fangs slightly piercing my lip in a dull pain but I barely noticed. He pulled me tighter against his body and sighed as I pulled him closer as well. I felt his tongue in my mouth seconds later, not asking for permission, but I didn't care.

I felt his hands roaming my body as mine did the same. Once of my hands were under his shirt and the other was making his hair a mess. A few minutes later we pulled away from each other, breathless. We were gasping for air by then, but I was smiling and so was he.

"That was so wrong," Connor said against my hair.

"Very," I said as I gave him another drawn out peck that he returned.

Connor slowly unwrapped my legs from around his waist and set me back on my feet. His amber eyes flashed open to look into my blue ones and reluctantly stepped away from me. His eyes flashed red again as he looked at the ground. He let out a low growl and hit his fist against a desk, the action making me jump.

"What is it?" I asked warily.

Connor glanced over at me before looking at the ground, "I can smell my scent all over you as well as Hayden's," he said through a strained voice.

My hand went up to where Connor bit me, "you marked me," I said, the realization just now hitting me.

"I'm so sorry," Connor said, looking at me with tears in his now amber eyes, his red lips formed into a frown.

I looked at him for a few seconds before I drew him into a hug. He hugged me tightly and his shoulders heaved a few times before he stood up and looked down at me with a tear streaked face. I drew my thumb across both his cheeks before he caught my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"I'm the one whose sorry," I said.

"This was my doing, not yours, but don't get me wrong, I don't regret a single thing. I just wish it could have happened in a different time and a different place because now I don't know what is going to happen," Connor said, looking me in the eye the entire time.

This was the softest side of Connor I'd ever seen and probably all I'll ever get to see. "I don't regret it either, I just hope we can explain this without much trouble, but I know that that is a wish that can't come true," I said, looking down at our hands.

Connor released one of my hands and cupped my face, "you know that with me being the prince and with your friend being Hayden that that can never happen, my love," he said, giving me a small peck.

I looked down again, but Connor lifted my face up, "I will stick around for a few days, but then I'm leaving for a while and I won't be back for a few weeks," he said and I shook my head.

"You can't leave now," I said.

"I know and I'm sorry, but this was planned before all of this and I don't have the power to change it," Connor stated.

"Why can't you?" I asked.

"It is a meeting called by the king of the southern realm and I am required, by law, to be there unless an emergency should take place," Connor explained.

I sighed and nodded as I dropped my hands from his. "I also think that it is best if we keep tonight to ourselves for now," Connor said and paused to look at me as I looked at him, "I can place a concealing spell on you for now that will mask the scent of my mark and I am only doing this for yours and my own protection," Connor stated and I nodded.

Connor murmured a few words and my neck had a slight burning in it that made me wince. Connor pulled me into a comforting hug as this lasted for a few more seconds. When the burning was gone I raised my hand up to my neck to feel that the only proof that his bite mark was ever there was the feel of a bite mark under my skin.

I looked up at Connor and he looked down at me, "it also heals the wound until the spell wears off, but with my power it should last for about a month," Connor explained and I nodded.

"I'll go take care of this, you go find Jade and Hayden, they're probably looking for you," Connor said.

"Why can't they find me? Hayden's a vampire," I stated.

Connor nodded, "yes, but the rogue put a scent lock on this room. Anybody that comes in here cannot be sniffed out by another vampire," Connor explained.

"Then how did you find me?" I asked.

"I heard you scream and I followed the sound. Hayden probably heard it too and is probably worried sick," Connor said with an almost hurt look in his eye.

I gave him a slight nod, "I'll see you later," I said and he nodded.

I turned around and headed for the door until Connor grabbed my arm, "Lex, wait," he said in a pleading voice and I turned around to find Connor kissing me once more.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and we stayed like that for a few more seconds before we broke apart. Connor rested his head against mine and then pulled away. When I opened my eyes Connor and the body were gone as well as all the blood in the room, even I was clean of blood. The only thing I could think about with his leaving was that I was full of even more questions.

A/N:

I felt bad about not posting in a while so I did a double update!

I hope you guys enjoy this!

Please vote and comment!!

Love you guys! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 63.6K 56
"Cassie," Aaron says. "I have detention. For two hours." My mouth drops open. "Fuck me," I groan. "Sorry," he smirks. "But you're not my type." ...
2.9K 158 25
[COMPLETED] Elizabeth, aka Ellie, is what most would describe as a "normal" girl. She has a family, she has friends, and even some enemies, and she g...
19.7K 1.2K 19
Redwood Creek. The small, forgotten town in California. It was where Kelsey Harrington had stayed her whole life, with her father and brother in th...
270 7 31
Tamara lives in a small town in central Indiana - the third that she and her adoptive father Roger have inhabited over as many years. Two years ago...