Is Love LOUDER? (A Dalton Rap...

By SaraStyles1D

Katherine McAlister is your normal 16 year old teenage girl. She has long brown wavy hair and brown eyes. She... More

Is Love LOUDER? (A Dalton Rapattoni Story)
Chapter 1: Katherine McAlister
Chapter 2: The New Neighbours
Chapter 3: Who's That Boy/ Who's That Girl?
Chapter 4: Oh Crap!
Chapter 5: Not You!
Chapter 6: Your The New Neighbour!
Chapter 7: What A Crazy Day!
Chapter 8: Worst Hangout Ever?
Chapter 9: What Was That!?
Chapter 10: Why Do You Hate Her?
Chapter 11: Mutual Hatred?
Chapter 12: Did That Just Happen?
Chapter 13: The Secret Is Revealed
Chapter 14: Partners!?
Chapter 15: Study Session
Chapter 16: Semi Formal Scandal
Chapter 17: Where Are You?!
Chapter 18: A Living Nightmare
Chapter 19: Sleepless In Yorksville
Chapter 20: Why Is She There!?!
Chapter 21: I Love... Part 1
Chapter 21: I Love... Part 2
Chapter 23: I Can't Believe It! Part 1
Chapter 23: I Can't Believe It! Part 2
Chapter 24: Tombstone
Chapter 25: And Then It Happened...
Chapter 26: Good Try!
Chapter 27: I'm...
Chapter 28: They're Back! Part 1
Chapter 28: They're Back! Part 2
Chapter 29: Harder Than We Thought
Chapter 30: Misunderstanding!
Chapter 31: The End?
ATTENTION
SEQUEL IS OUT!!

Chapter 22: Please...Don't Leave Me...

937 22 7
By SaraStyles1D

Chapter 22: Please, Don't Leave Me...

[Katherine's P.O.V.]

(Time skip!)

It's been 7 days since Dalton rescued me. Apperently, we missed our performance day so I had to reschedule. It took a lot of convincing, but Mrs. Bryant and I came to an agreement that we must perform by the end of the semester, but perform when we were ready. Everyday after school, I go home and put my stuff away, then get in my car and drive to the hospital to see Dalton. I have been ever since we were taken there. I was allowed out in the next morning, but Dalton wasn't because his condition was too critical to leave. They rushed him into surgery almost immediatly because Dalton only had minutes to spare. We were rushed to different sides of the hospital and the doctors saw the scared look on my face and one asked if he was my boyfriend...and I said that he was. They told me that he was gonna be fine but I couldn't help but worry about him. He isn't my boyfriend...but I do love him. I wasn't allowed to see him after that. I slept over in his hospital room till the morning. When I woke up, he was there but in a coma. I stayed there a while until I was rushed out because he started to have a seizure and went into critical condition again. I wasn't allowed in that whole day. He has been in the coma ever since. I'm in English right now, reading the assigned scenes of Macbeth, while everyone keeps staring at me and whispering to each other. Right then, the bell goes off signaling the end of the school day. Thank God! I pack up my things and exit the class quickly, but as soon as I leave the room, I am surrounded by people asking me if I was okay, where I was these past few weeks, and some even asked where Dalton was. I raise my hands and everyone goes silent.

"I'm fine everyone. I was really sick thesed past few weeks but I'm okay now I promise. Now for those who are asking, I don't know where Dalton is." I say then walk to my locker.

I put my English binder away and grab my music binder to take with me to the hospital. I put it in my bag and grab my jean jacket. I close my locker and walk down the stairs to the 1st floor.

"KATHERINE!" I hear someone yell.

I turn around to see Rachel and Elenna charging at me. When they reach me, they engulf me in a huge hug.

"Oh My GOD! How are you!? Where have you been!? Are You Okay!?" Rachel says, both of them tightening their grips on me.

"OW! Girls! Still hurts!" I say, hugging them back gently then pushing them away a little.

"Oh! Sorry!" They both say and let me go.

"We've missed you so much Kat!" Elena says, almost crying from happiness.

"I've missed you guys too." I say happily.

"Are you okay? You're as skinney as a toothpick." Rachel asks.

"Yea I'm fine. 5 broken ribs and a lot of bruises. And Josh never fed me so that's why I look like this. But I'm okay." I say.

"Well besides being super super skinney, you look flawless!" Elena says.

"Cover up can do wonders." I say with a small smile.

"What do you mean?" Rachel asks.

"There are bruises all over my face and body" I say.

"Wow. I can't believe Josh would to that to someone. Especially you." Elena says in disbelief.

"Yea." I say.

"Where's Dalton?" Rachel asks.

"He's...um...he...He's at the hospital." I say, looking at the ground.

"WHAT!?" They both ask in shock.

"He got most of the damage trying to save me." I say, tears threatining to spill from my eyes.

"What do you mean by 'most of the damage'?" Rachel asks concerned.

"Josh stabbed him while he was saving me. I'm going to the hospital to see him now." I say, letting a tear fall. I turn around and start walking to the front doors.

"Okay. Good luck." They both shout my way.

I walk outside to my car and get in. I start my car and start driving. I stop by my house and put my stuff away and grab my guitar. I walk back to my car and start driving to the hospital. It takes a while but I make it to the hospital and park in the parking lot. I grab my bag and guitar out of my car and pay for a visiting pass and walk inside, towards the elevators. I go to the 4th floor and turn right. I go down the hall to room 432 and walk in. I see Dalton laying on the hospital bed, unconcious. I walk up to his bed and sit on the chair beside it. I get a grip of his left hand and hold it tightly, lowering my head and letting a tear fall. This shouldn't have happened to him, this should be me. I don't want him to die on me, he can't! My life was in his hands and he saved me, now his life is in mine and I'm just letting him suffer when I should be doing something to save him. I love him too much to let him go.

"Hello Katherine." A man greets.

I jump slightly, getting scared a little because I didn't know he walked in.

"Hi doctor." I greet back.

"What are you doing here? Are you feeling okay?" He questions me, looking confused.

"Yea. I'm feeling fine. I'm just-"I start.

"Visiting your boyfriend?" He questions and smiles.

I feel my cheeks go red with embarassment. I look down at the floor and smile. I actually like the sound of Dalton being my boyfriend. I just wish he would wake up to become it.

"Yea I am. Is he alright?" I ask, standing up, still holding Dalton's hand.

"Still the same as yesterday. And it's not looking good." He admits, writing something down on the clipboard that is in his hands.

"Will he wake up soon?" I ask, a little scared on what the answer will be.

"I'm not entirely sure anymore. He should've woken up earlier this week. He was very lucky that the knife didn't get to his heart. If it was a millimetre over to the left, it would've killed him instantly. He was lucky that you were there also to tend to him. If not, he would've bled to death." He states, checking Dalton's heart monitor and writing on the clipboard again.

Just hearing that Dalton had other chances of dying just instantly made me upset and i quickly sit back down on the chair, but I hold back my tears . I guess the doctor noticed my reaction to what he said, because he walks over to me and puts a hand on my left shoulder.

"Just give him more time. That's all he needs. Time and love. Just stay positive for him." He says.

"Okay. Thank you." I say.

The doctor nods and walks out of the room and I'm left alone wth Dalton. I take out my sketchbook and I grab Dalton's iPhone. I slide across the screen and it unlocks. Wow, no passcode, awesome. I go to his photos and see a lot of pictures of him and the members of his band. Then I come across picture of a girl on a hammock, guitar on her lap. Her back is facing Dalton so I have no clue who it is, But she looks very pretty and the photo is like artistic quality. I keep swiping until I find a really nice picture of him playing his guitar (Pic on the side ) and begin to draw. I'm there for about 2 hours, just sketching the photo when I slowly start to fall asleep. I put my book and Dalton's phone down and rest my head on the edge of his bed and I slowly fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

After about an hour or so, I'm woken up by a woman standing infront of me, shaking my shoulder.

"Hey Katie." She says.

"Hey mom." I say, yawning.

"What are you doing here?" She asks.

"Just visiting a friend." I say, looking at Dalton.

She looks over at Dalton and back at me and smiles.

"You and him?" She asks me.

"No mom, no. We are not dating." I say to her. But she doesn't know how much I wish we could.

"Oh, okay. Are you Okay?" She asks.

"Yea. I'm fine." I respond.

"What happened to him anyways?" She asks.

Oh Crap! What do I say!? I can't tell her he almost died saving my life from Josh.

"I don't really know. I'm not sure." I lie.

"Oh okay. Well, I gotta get back to my other patients. Just stay strong for him." She says.

"Yea I know." I say.

"Okay. Bye sweetie." She says, standing up and kissing my forehead.

"Bye mom." I say, hugging her.

She walks out of the room and I'm alone again. I sit on the edge of Dalton's bed and grab my guitar.

"Hey Dalton. I don't know if you can hear me, but if you can, listen closely to the lyrics. They explain everything that I'm feeling right now." I say and start playing the first few chords and then start singing.

Now you were standing there right in front of me.

I hold on, it's getting harder to breathe.

All of a sudden these lights are blinding me.

I never noticed how bright they would be.

I saw in the corner there is a photograph.

No doubt in my mind it's a picture of you.

It lies there alone in its bed of broken glass.

This bed was never made for two.

I'll keep my eyes wide open.

I'll keep my arms wide open.

Don't let me.

Don't let me.

Don't let me go.

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone.

Don't let me.

Don't let me go.

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone.

I promised one day that I'd bring you back a star.

I caught one and it burned a hole in my hand, oh.

Seems like these days I watch you from afar.

Just trying to make you understand.

I'll keep my eyes wide open, yeah.

Don't let me.

Don't let me.

Don't let me go.

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone.

Don't let me.

Don't let me go.

Don't let me.

Don't let me.

Don't let me go.

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone.

Don't let me.

Don't let me.

Don't let me go.

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone.

Don't let me.

Don't let me go.

'Cause I'm tired of sleeping alone.

I end the song with tears in my eyes. I love him. He must know that. Even if he wakes up for enough time so he can hear that. I miss him so much. He means the world to me and I just can't see him go.I'm taken away from my thoughts when My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark by Fall Out Boy starts playing. It's not my phone...it's Daltons. I reach to the little table beside his bed. I look at the caller ID and I see it's Dana. I answer it.

[Phone convo starts]

K: Hey Dana.

D: Hey Kat. I didn't expect you to pick up. Actually, I didn't expect anyone to answer.

K: Well I'm here.

D: Yea you are. How are you? Are you feeling okay?

K: Yea I'm okay. I'm still very sensative when it comes to everyone hugging me, but I'm all good. How are you

D: I'm good, thank you for asking. How's Dalton?

K: He's been better. Still in his coma, waiting for him to wake up and I have to admit, It's kinda getting on my nerves.

D: Yea. The boys and I really miss him.

K: Yea, I miss him too. A lot. *thinks outloud*

D: What?

K: What? *asks confused*

D: Did you just say what I think you said?

K: What do you think I said?

D: You just said that you miss Dalton. A LOT. Do you have a crush on Dalton?

K: No I didn't and no I don't.

D: YES YOU DID! YOU LIKE HIM! YOU HAVE A MASSIVE CRUSH ON HIM!

K: No I don't.

D: Yes you do! You LOVE Dalton!

K: Okay! Fine. I'm in love with Dalton, Dana. Okay? Happy?

D: Yes I am very happy. I can't WAIT to tell the guys and Rachel and Elena!

K: NO! You can NOT

tell ANYONE about what you just learned! Promise?

D: Really? Why you gotta steal my thunder?

K: PROMISE?

D: OKAY! Fine! I promise not to tell anyone.

K: Thank you.

D: You're welcome. Anyways, I've gotta go now, IM5 rehersals. See you later.

K: Okay, Bye!

D: Bye!

[Phone convo ends]

I put Dalton's phone back on the little table and stay beside him for a while. I pick up his hand and hold it between my hands gently. He can't leave me. I don't know what my life would be like without him. I don't think I would've known true love without Dalton. To love someone and to hate someone is actually the same thing, you still need to feel emotions for them, you still have to care enough about them to either love or hate them so when I thought I hated him, I actually loved him. When he wakes up, I hope he forgives me for everything that I've ever done to him, and I hope he feels the same way about me.

"Please...don't leave me..."I say, letting one last tear fall.

Song of the Chapter: Don't Let Me Go by Harry Styles

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452K 12.6K 46
❝It's time to let love overwhelm me.❞ Dark Brown hair, a cute face, and eyes that pierce through your heart. Ivan John Anderson had it all. Except lo...
5.1K 767 12
**First Place in the @TeenFiction Another Year contest!!**Maddie Spence had big plans her final year of high school--this was to be the year that she...
66.4K 1.3K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...
1K 132 19
Tessa just turned 16. A high school girl with great friends and hot boys ... a lot of hot boys. But what will happen when they're all trying to be w...