Chapter 20: Why Is She There!?!

[Dalton's P.O.V.]
(Skipping ahead a few days so it's 2 days before Dalton and Katherine's performance and it's been 2 weeks since Katherine has been taken.)

It's been a total of 2 weeks since Katherine has been gone and I haven't been doing well. I've done my best to try and figure out where Josh took her but I either come up to a dead end or stop my search because I break down in tears thinking about her. The guys have been helping me out with everything but I just can't seem to get out of the depressed stage I'm in. Today is Wednesday and Katherine and I have to perform on Friday. I'm in Drama right now, just sitting on a chair alone, re-reading the dialogue to myself and singing the song softly to myself. People in the room keep staring at me and whispering to each other and pointing at me, porbably because I'm not wearing what I usually wear. I'm wearing a long sleeve blue shirt and navy skinny jeans and black combat boots and no eyeliner and I'm actually wearing my glasses. I never wear my glasses. I only need them for reading sometimes, but I use them for my sight as well, but rarely. I pull out the USB key from my pocket and play with it in my hand. I get up from my seat and ask Mrs. Bryant if I can use the computer and she says okay. As I bring up the scene and begin watching it for the thousandth time, a group of 4 girls walked up to me.

"Hi Dalton." The blond says, twirling a strand of her hair in her right hand.

She looks like your average stereotypical high school student. Brown hair that has been dyed blond very badly, short skirt, belly top, about 6 inch heels, and caked on makeup. Her friends look the exact same.

"Hi." I say, keeping my eyes on the computer screen.

"Where's Katherine?" The red haired girl asks.

"How should I know?" I question back. I really don't want to talk about this right now.

"I thought you would, since you two are obviously sleeping together." The blond says.

WHAT THE HELL!?! WHERE DID THEY GET THAT IDEA!?!

"No we're not! Where the hell did you get that idea." I question, turning to face them.

"After semi formal, you went to her house and the next morning, you left in the same clothes. So obivously you two are sleeping together." Blondie states.

Semi Formal...the night she was taken. I still wish that I could have been there to save her. I should have been taken. Or both of us. At least we would have been together. If we were both taken, I could've at least protected her in some way so that right now I wouldn't feel like it's my fault for her being tortured. Stop thinking about this Dalton! You're gonna break down in the middle on the class.

"Do you know when she wil be back?" Blondie says.

"No, I don't." I state, turning my attention back to the screen.

"I hope she never comes back." The blue haired girl whispers to the blond and the blond laughs and agrees.

I heard what she said and insantly filled with anger.

"What did you just say/" I question them, even though I already knew.

"I said I HOPE SHE NEVER COMES BACK!" She repeats and they all laugh.

"And why the HELL would you say that!?" I ask, standing up. I have a good 3 inches on all of them.

"Because she's a lying BITCH who stole my boyfriend!" Blondie states.

"And who would that have been" I question.

"Justin Odair." She states.

"Well he probably did a good thing by dropping your stupid ass!" I state.