Chapter 30: Misunderstanding!

[Katherine's P.O.V.]

Drama class went PERFECTLY! We had to perform right when class started. Dalton remembered all the choreography and Mrs. Bryant let us lip sync to the song instead of sing it. Thank god I didn't have to sing. I don't know if Dalton will think I'm good enough since he's in a famous boyband. When we finished and took our bows, everyone gave us a standing ovation. I don't know why, they just did. After the performance, rest of the class went by extremely slow. When class finally ended, I grabbed my bag, ran to my locker and grabbed my stuff and ran out to my car, leaving Dalton to find his own way home. I make it home quickly and hurry into the house. I throw my backpack into my room and grab my guitar and rush down the stairs into the living room. I sit on the couch and position my hands on the neck of the guitar and start playing the chords to Little Things by One Direction.

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me,

But bare this in mind it was meant to be.

And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me.

I know you never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile,

You never loved your stomach or your thighs.

The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine,

But I'll love them endlessly.

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth.

But if I do, it's you, oh it's you they add up to.

I'm in love with you,

And all these little things.

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea,

And maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep.

And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep,

Though it makes no sense to me.

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape,

You never want to know how much you weigh.

You still have to squeeze into your jeans but,

You're perfect to me.

I won't lets these little things slip out of my mouth,

But if it's true, it's you, oh it's you they add up to.

I'm in love with you,

And all these little things.

[Dalton's P.O.V.]

When school ends, I run to my locker and put my books away and run out to the parking lot, but Kat's car isn't there. Great. She was my ride home. Tyler passes by me and I quickly ask him for a ride home. He says okay and I get into his car. He drives me home and I thank him and he drives away. I walk up the stairs to Kat's house slowly. What is she gonna do? I make it to the door and turn the handle. It's unlocked, like she promised. I open the door slowly and walk in quietly. I walk down the hallway silently when I hear a guitar playing. I walk to the end of the hall by the living room but stay in the corner. It's the simplest chords but it makes a beautiful melody. Then I hear her voice. Katherine CAN sing and her voice is phenomenal! I have no idea what-WAIT! I do know the song she's singing. It's Little Things by One Direction. I know this song cause my sister loves this song. I have to apologize for my behaviour in front of Aaron today. I guess I just want Katherine to myself. I just get jealous and jump to conclusions way too early. I have to calm down about this. Katherine is the most popular girl in school, guys are gonna be saying things like that about her. Guys want her as much as I do, and I get to have her cause she's my beautiful girlfriend. The bridge of the song it coming up and I know what I have to do.