Chapter 14: Partners!?

(A/N: Skipping ahead a few weeks so it's 1 week before semi.)

[Katherine's P.O.V.]

The day is almost over. I just have Drama left and then I get to go home. Sadly, I have it with Dalton. As I make my way towards the Performing Arts hall, I accidentily bump into someone. All of their books that he/she was holding fell to the floor.

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!" I say, kneeling down andpicking up his/her books.

"It's alright. It happens all the time by all grades. I'm in grade 9 so no one cares about me." He says sadly, picking up the rest of his books.

We both get up from the floor and I hand him his books and get a good look at him. He is a little shorter than me, has black hair that looks like Justin Bieber's when he was younger but with a blonde streak in the front, is wearing a red striped t-shirt and black skinny jeans and blue and white skater shoes with a snapback on his head. He also has a British accent.

"I'm Katherine, Katherine McAlister." I say to him smiling, handing him the rest of his books.

"You're Katherine McAlister!" He says, shocked.

"Yea, why do you sound so surprised?" I ask confused.

"You shouldn't be talking to me! You are the most popular girl in school!" He says.

"I can talk to whoever I want. What;s your name?" I asks.

"Dylan." He says nervously.

"Dylan what?" I ask.

"Dylan Lockwood." He finishes.

"Well Dylan Lockwood, You just made a new friend," I state.

Who?" He asks confused.

"Me! Here's my number. Call me or text me anytime or just come and find me around the school if you need any help with anything." I say to him, handing him my number.

"Thank you very much!" He says.

"No problem! I have to get to class now. I'll see you..." I start but don't get to finish my sentence because I get hit in my shoulder. I look up and see Dalton walking into class.

"Are you okay?" Dylan asks.

"I'm fine. I'll see you around." I say and walk into the classroom.

I grab a chair from the side of the room and sit alone lilke I always do. Drama is my favorite class, other than vocal/instrumental. Drama is the best way for me to become a different person. Mrs. Bryant was writing instructions on the board for something, probably an assignment. The bell rings and everyone sits down.

"Okay class! So all of these iinstructions that are on the board are because it's time for everyone's favorite job to do! Here are your assignments.!" She says sarcastically.

Everyone groans in disappointment. I am probably the only one who likes the assignments that Mrs. Bryant gives. She starts moving everyone to sit beside their partners. My partner is probably gonna be Dalton.

"Dalton Rapattoni, please move beside Katherine. She is your partner." Mrs. Bryant said and Dalton gets up and moves beside me.

I totally knew that she would pair me up with him! Why does Dalton have to be a part of everything that I do?! Mrs. Bryant starrts giving out scripts while Dalton is sorting through, what looks like music sheets. Mrs. Bryant comes up to us and gives us a script and walks away.

"Start rehearsing!" Mrs. Bryant yells to the class then goes onto the computer.

I look at the script and automatically get angry.

"Dalton." I say, still staring at the script.

"What?" He asks monotone.

"Look at our script and tell me what you see." I say angrily.

He looks at me confused, then looks at the script and gets angry.

"Are you serious?" He asks.

"What's the title" I ask him, just to make sure that I'm not imagining it.

"High School Musical 3: Can I Have This Dance?" He says angrily.

Mrs. Bryant comes up to Dalton and I and sits down infront of us.

"Mrs. Bryant, can we please have another script?" I ask her.

"I'm sorry, but there are no more scripts, but I paired you two up and gave you this script because it's a musical number. There is some dialogue but i's mainly a musical number. I have heard you two sing before and I feel that you two can perform this script really well. Have you seen the movie before?" She explains then asks.

"I have." I say.

"I haven't." Dalton says.

"Then both of you watch the scene of this performance and study the dance." Mrs. Bryant says then walks away.

"We have to dance?!" Dalton asks shocked.

"Yup, and what's even worse, it's one of the most romantic dances." I say, thinking about how we are going to do this.

"What dance?" Dalton asks.

"The waltz." I say, looking at the script.

Dalton looks at me, dumbfounded, then starts to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I ask confused.

"You're joking. We don't have to dance. You're just playing a trick on mme." He says, still laughing.

"Come over today after school and I'll show you that I'm not joking at all." I say.

I can't believe I just invited him over. Well, I have to get a good grade so I have tyo tolerate him.

[Dalton's P.O.V.]

I look at our script again after Katherine explains that we have to dance. I'm acually really excited for this. Mrs. Bryant said that we have a lot of time to rehearse for these assignments. I have to go over to her house tonight to look over the video for this performance. What am I gonna do? I haven't told her that I HATE dancing and almost never do it. We read the dialouge a few times and figure out how to say certain lines. After a while the bell rings, which tells us that school is over.

"Be at my house in 10 minutes." Katherine says.

"Fine." I reply and pass her by and walk down the hallway to the front doors.

I walk outside and to my car. I get in and lean back on my chair and smile. I can't believe that Katherine and I are partners and our script is the most romantic out of the entire class. Wait... Why am I so happy? The only time that I was this happy was when I was datin Madison. Can this be happening? Am I falling for Katherine?

----------------------------------------------

A/N: HEYHEYHEY!! Hope you all like chapter 14!! I will try to update more often, I was really busy this week!!!! Please comment, vote, follow, etc.

Dylan Lockwood is played by Elyar Fox (Youtuber). Pic is on the side.

Love you all!!

~Sara