Chapter 29: Harder Than We Thought

[Dalton's P.O.V.]

I look at everyone and then look back at Katherine. I know what she's thinking. She's thinking that if she picks me, people will get suspicious, but she's thinking that if she picks someone else and it's a guy, I might get jealous.

"Sir, do we really have to work in partners?" She asks Mr. Smith.

"Now Katherine, I know you like working alone and you do your best when you work independently, but this time you'll have to work on these worksheets. But EVERYONE LISTEN UP!" Mr. Smith states.

Everyone takes their attention away from Katherine and looks at the teacher. Katherine lets out a soft sigh of relief.

"Alright. For this assignment, I have already put you in partners." Mr. Smith states.

He pairs everyone up and moves to their partners. I'm paired with this girl named Chantelle, who can't stop staring at me. Katherine got paired with this guy named Jacob. I keep my head down but look over at Katherine with my eyes, and that dude keeps putting his arm around her shoulders, then slowly moving his hand down her back and when he almost reaches her waist, she pushes him away. He continues to do that multiple times. I can't show any of the anger that I have because if I do, people will find out about Kat and I, plus, she's at the front of the class a one side and I'm in the middle of the class on the opposite side.

"You're really hot." Chantelle says to me.

"Thanks." I say, taking my eyes off of Katherine and glance over a Chantelle, then back at the worksheet.

"Hey, listen. Maybe after class, you and I could take a little trip to the janitors closet and make out a little." She says, playing my hair.

"I have a girlfriend." I state, moving her hand away from my hair and fix my hair and my top hat.

"She doesn't have to know." She whispers in my ear seductivly, pulling the collar of my black blazer, forcing me to be closer to her.

"Back off!" I state, pushing myself away from her.

Then, at that moment, Katherine walks past my table and sits at our desk in the back and continues her work. I want to go sit with her, but I'm not sure if it will catch anyone's attention. But, she has direct view towards me so that's a good thing.

"You have no idea how hot you are, and I'm smokin' hot as well. We are meant to be together. So, why don't you dump that cake face you call a girlfriend, whoever she is, and go out with me." She states, then laughs.

"I'd rather date a cake face than a cheap prostitute." I state, picking up my books, standing up, and walking to the back where Katherine was.

I sit down and get back to work. I hear Katherine softly giggle. I look at her slightly to see where she's looking at. I look and see Chantelle's shocked face from my comment. I laugh softly too and smile slightly.

"What happened to your partner?" I whisper to her.

[Katherine's P.O.V.]

"What happened with your partner?" Dalton whispers to me.

"Kept trying to hit on me, kept touching which hurt a little cause I'm still sensitive cause of what happened and the doctor said I'm gonna be sensitive for a while. I told him I was single cause you don't want anyone to know about us yet so he tried to make out with me. What happened with yours?" I explain then ask softly.

He tries to hide his jealousy but I can see it in his eyes. Dalton is my boyfriend and I do love him, and he knows that this is gonna happen, but I don't think I can wait a week if he's gonna keep acting like this.