Chapter 25: And Then It Happened...

[Katherine's P.O.V.]

"Hey dad. It's me." I say.

I make the sign of the cross (Katherine is Christian: like me), kiss my right hand and place it on the headstone. Tomorrow is October 27, the 5th anniversary of his death.

"Sorry I haven't come to visit you in a while, these past few months have been really busy. You remember Dalton Rapattoni right? My worst enemy? Well, he's our new neighbour. He moved into the house beside ours on the right. He sadly took me to semi because I lied and said to Brady that Dalton was taking me. I did have fun! I had a lot of fun until Brady and Dalton got into a fight over me and I walked outside to get some fresh air. You remember Josh Bulmer, right? Well he kinda...kidnapped me. I was with him for about 3 weeks until Dalton actually saved me. Then Josh stabbed Dalton, almost killing him, but I saved him. I kinda fell for him after that happened. He was then in the hospital for 3 entire weeks. I...fell in love with him after he saved me, and I know you don't wanna hear that from you're little princess, but it was bound to happen dad. But today he woke up...and had some memory loss. He didn't know who I was and said some...aweful things about me. He told me to go cry to you...so I am. I guess that's why they call them crushes, because when you find out that they don't love you back...you get crushed. I really miss you. I just wish you were here with us for just a little longer. I didn't even get to say goodbye to you, so that to me is unfair. I just need you here with me. I need my dad to help me get through this. I know you are up  there watching over me but you have to be here, on earth, to help me. I would give anything in the world just to get one more day with you, or even an hour. I would give anything. I  love you dad, and I always will." I say, tears spilling out of my eyes. Thank god for waterproof makeup.

"Hello?" I hear an all too familiar voice say.

My head turns to the direction where the voice was heard and I see Dalton slowly walking up to me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, looking away.

"I've come looking for you. I've come to apologize." He says, still walking.

"You told me to go cry to my father...so that's what I'm doing." I state.

"So why are you at a cemetary?" He questions, coming up beside me.

"You can be so STUPID sometimes! I'm here because he's DEAD! My father is dead! He dies 5 years ago in the army. he was sent off to battle and was shot down and I DIDN'T GET TO SAY GOODBYE!" I shout, facing him.

"Oh...I'm so sorry." He says, lowering his head.

"Yea, a little late for that." I state.

We stay silent for a while.

"Well, I'm gonna leave now. Bye Dad, I love you." I say, doing the sign of the cross, kissing my right hand, and placing it on the stone.

"NO! Please, don't leave yet!" He says.

"It's either you leave or I leave Dalton. And it looks like you're not moving, so I'll just go." I say.

I start walking away. I walk past Dalton until I feel him grab my wrist and pull me backwards. He turns me around so I'm facing him. And then it happened...

[Dalton's P.O.V.]

"You can be so STUPID sometimes! I'm here because he's DEAD! My father is dead! He dies 5 years ago in the army. he was sent off to battle and was shot down and I DIDN'T GET TO SAY GOODBYE!" She shouts, facing me.

"Oh...I'm so sorry." I say, lowering my head.

"Yea, a little late for that." She states.

I know it's late for that, but she could have told me her father DIED! How could I be so stupid!

We stay silent for a while.

"Well, I'm gonna leave now. Bye Dad, I love you." She says, doing the sign of the cross, kissing her right hand, and placing it on the stone.

"NO! Please, don't leave yet!" I say.

"It's either you leave or I leave Dalton. And it looks like you're not moving, so I'll just go." She says.

I can't let her leave! I have to do something. But what? C'mon Dalton, THINK! She walks past me when, without thinking, I grabbed her wrist. I pulled her backwards towards me. I turn her around so she's facing me. And then it happened...I kissed Katherine McAlister.

Song Of the Chapter: Say Something by A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera