Chapter 28: They're Back! Part 1

[Dalton's P.O.V.]

I follow the girls upstairs, but before I could walk into the room, Elena shuts the door. I turn around and walk back down the stairs and into the living room. I sit down on the couch and relax for once.

"Happy?" I heard Will ask, walking into the living room with the boys behind him.

"Extremely. I thought I had lost her when she was taken away. I never told you guys this but when I found her, she was nearly dead. She wasn't moving and her body was cold and frail. I bought some time by arguing with Josh and that time gave her the chance to wake up, and she did. Then, when I almost died, she saved my life. At first I thought she was jut repaying me for helping her, but she was saving me cause she loves me. When I woke up from my coma in the hospital, I have no clue what I said to her, I jut know that I hurt her badly, which made me almost lose her again. If we didn't do that performance a few hours ago, Datherine wouldn't exists." I explain.

"Well even if Datherine didn't happen...Colton will still be here!" Cole says, sitting on my lap.

We stay there and talk for a while, catching up on whatever I missed and just talking about plain nonsense. After a while I look at the time. 10:00pm. Wow we've been here a while. The guys realize it as well and we start walking towards the door. I hear the girls walking down the stairs and we meet them at the front. Katherine hugs both girls and closes the door behind them. She turns to face all of us.

"Yes, babe, we gotta go too." I admit.

"But you live beside me. You don't have to leave." She states.

"I know that but my mother doesn't know where I am." I say.

It's true. She has no idea I'm over here. She probably thinks that I'm at the studio or something.

"Please, just stay here, with me." She begs.

We all look at each other.

"Should we?" I whisper,barely audible.

"I'm fine with that. Sucks that Rachel isn't here though." Dana whispers.

"Really dude. I'm fine with that." Cole states.

"So we all agree?" I say.

They all shake their heads. I nod and turn back to Katherine.

"Okay, we'll stay." I say with a smile.

She looks relieved and happy, but I have a feeling that something is wrong. There's a small amount of fear in her eyes. I have no idea why she would be afraid. She knows that I would never let anything happen to her but she still feels scared. Josh is under arrest so he can't get anywhere near her. She is still loved by everyone in her school and especially by me, I don't know why she needs to be afraid. I drape my arm around her shoulders and lead her to the living room with the boys in front of us. I take my arm away and sit o the couch in the same spot as before. Katherine walks up to me, to sit on my lap, but Cole cuts her off and sits on me. Katherine gives me a confused look and then sits beside me.

"Um...what's going on here?" She asks, confused and laughs a little.

"YOU CAN NEVER TAKE DALTON FROM ME! COLTON WILL LIVE FOREVER!" Cole says, hugging my face.

"Get off of me!" I say, laughing.

"Well then!" Cole says, letting go of my face and getting off of me.

He sits on the floor in front of me. I pull Katherine onto my lap and kiss her gently.

"Dude, not while we're here please. Kiss, make out, do whatever you want on your own time." Will states.

She pulls away and gets off of my lap.

"You don't have to leave though, you can stay sitting on me." I say to her.

She grabs a small pillow and places it on my lap.

"You gonna take a nap?" I ask and she nods her head.

I start humming Story Of My Life by One Direction and she slowly falls asleep. I know that song because One Direction are her favourite band and I thought I'd learn some of their songs so I could play them for her one day. I kiss her forehead and rest y head on the cushion behind me. How did I get so lucky?

[Katherine's P.O.V.]

I'm running down what looks like one of my schools corridors, but its dark with very dim red lights barely lighting the hallway, with lockers all in disarray. The lights keep flickering until they completly shut off. I stop in my tracks and start moving slowly until my back comes in contact with something hard. I slowly turn around and see Josh right behind me. I stand there, frozen in place. When I get my thoughts back together, and realize who's in front of me, and I take off running. That is, until I ran into another person, and it's Josh again. What the hell is going on! I start backing up slowly, until I see the opening of the next hallway, but as soon as I try, I stop because there are at least 4 Josh's walking towards me. I'm soon surrounded by Josh's and they are all chanting the same phrase.

"There is no where to go my love...we will be together...forever." They chant over and over again.

Soon, they get so close that I start to feel claustrophobic. They all pull out a knife from behind their backs. I look around frantically, trying I see if there is an opening of some kind so I could escape, but there isn't any. I'm gonna die. I know I am now. Terror fills my body and I shouted the only word I could think to call out.

"DALTON! DALTON!! DALTON, HELP ME PLEASE!" I shout, tears running down my face.

He doesn't come.

"Looks like your saviour isn't coming." They all say.

He promised he would help me. He swore that he would never let harm come to me. But he lied to me. I can't believe it. All Josh's place their free hand somewhere on my body, holding me in the spot I was in.

"If I can't have you, no one can." They all say, then drive the knives into my body.

I wake up, gasping for air and a little scream in my voice, sun in my face. It's the next morning. As I wake up, I wake Dalton and he looks at me in complete shock. I bring my knees up to my chest and hug them and rest my head on my knees.

"Babe, what's wrong? are you okay?" he asks worriedly.

"I called for you..." I say softly.

"You did?" he questions.

"I shouted for you...I called for you...I needed you...I needed you to help me...but you never came..." I say.

"Babe, I've been here this entire time. You were tossing and turning all night. You know I would always be here for you, no matter what's happening." He states.

"I need to make a call..." I state.

"Okay, well make it quick. We need to get ready for school." He says.

"Okay. Just give me 5 minutes." I say and run upstairs.

I run into my room and lock my door. I pull my phone out and call someone who knows me like a book. After about a few rings, he answers.

"Hey sweetheart." He greets.

"Hey...I need to talk to you..." I say.