Chapter 22: Please...Don't Leave Me...

Chapter 22: Please, Don't Leave Me...

[Katherine's P.O.V.]

(Time skip!)

It's been 7 days since Dalton rescued me. Apperently, we missed our performance day so I had to reschedule. It took a lot of convincing, but Mrs. Bryant and I came to an agreement that we must perform by the end of the semester, but perform when we were ready. Everyday after school, I go home and put my stuff away, then get in my car and drive to the hospital to see Dalton. I have been ever since we were taken there. I was allowed out in the next morning, but Dalton wasn't because his condition was too critical to leave. They rushed him into surgery almost immediatly because Dalton only had minutes to spare. We were rushed to different sides of the hospital and the doctors saw the scared look on my face and one asked if he was my boyfriend...and I said that he was. They told me that he was gonna be fine but I couldn't help but worry about him. He isn't my boyfriend...but I do love him. I wasn't allowed to see him after that. I slept over in his hospital room till the morning. When I woke up, he was there but in a coma. I stayed there a while until I was rushed out because he started to have a seizure and went into critical condition again. I wasn't allowed in that whole day. He has been in the coma ever since. I'm in English right now, reading the assigned scenes of Macbeth, while everyone keeps staring at me and whispering to each other. Right then, the bell goes off signaling the end of the school day. Thank God! I pack up my things and exit the class quickly, but as soon as I leave the room, I am surrounded by people asking me if I was okay, where I was these past few weeks, and some even asked where Dalton was. I raise my hands and everyone goes silent.

"I'm fine everyone. I was really sick thesed past few weeks but I'm okay now I promise. Now for those who are asking, I don't know where Dalton is." I say then walk to my locker.

I put my English binder away and grab my music binder to take with me to the hospital. I put it in my bag and grab my jean jacket. I close my locker and walk down the stairs to the 1st floor.

"KATHERINE!" I hear someone yell.

I turn around to see Rachel and Elenna charging at me. When they reach me, they engulf me in a huge hug.

"Oh My GOD! How are you!? Where have you been!? Are You Okay!?" Rachel says, both of them tightening their grips on me.

"OW! Girls! Still hurts!" I say, hugging them back gently then pushing them away a little.

"Oh! Sorry!" They both say and let me go.

"We've missed you so much Kat!" Elena says, almost crying from happiness.

"I've missed you guys too." I say happily.

"Are you okay? You're as skinney as a toothpick." Rachel asks.

"Yea I'm fine. 5 broken ribs and a lot of bruises. And Josh never fed me so that's why I look like this. But I'm okay." I say.

"Well besides being super super skinney, you look flawless!" Elena says.

"Cover up can do wonders." I say with a small smile.

"What do you mean?" Rachel asks.

"There are bruises all over my face and body" I say.

"Wow. I can't believe Josh would to that to someone. Especially you." Elena says in disbelief.

"Yea." I say.

"Where's Dalton?" Rachel asks.

"He's...um...he...He's at the hospital." I say, looking at the ground.

"WHAT!?" They both ask in shock.

"He got most of the damage trying to save me." I say, tears threatining to spill from my eyes.