The Nerd Duchess

By Chocolatesandbooks

It was her senior year. Her last year in the Academy that treated her no less than a mere 'commoner'. In her... More

The Nerd Duchess
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty - Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Two

4.6K 187 4
By Chocolatesandbooks

Chapter Two

"Are you done yet?" Victoria called to Elizabeth through the bathroom door. "Breakfast starts in fifteen minutes, Liz."

"Hold your horses, Tory," Elizabeth said as she got out of the bathroom fixing her hair. "Fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes, remember. Besides the bell hasn't rang yet, has it?"

Just as if to answer Elizabeth's question, the distinct sound of the ringing of the bell was heard throughout the entire school.

Victoria wore a smirk and looked at her brunette friend. "You were saying?"

"I hate you," she mocking sneered.

Victoria laughed. "I love you too." As she watched her best friend gets her bag from her desk before turning to face her.

"C'mon," Elizabeth as she got out of the room followed by Victoria behind her.

The two walked down the stairs and out the door of the dormitory ignoring the sneers and glares that came their way.

"You know for a private school those bitches act as if they are in a public one," Elizabeth said as soon as they are away from the people who are heading towards the Mess Hall.

Victoria looked around the hallway and could see guys getting out of their dorms towards the Mess Hall.

The Male Dorm was found on the opposite side of the field were the Female Dorm is.

The Mess Hall is a huge building found in the field where the Dorms are found. The Mess Hall is a two storey building made out of bricks with its inside design fitted for royalty. It was like a restaurant from the eighteenth century. Chandeliers mounted on the ceiling lighting up the room. Rectangular tables scattered around the entire floor. Huge rectangular windows found on each side of the hall. School staffs and kitchen personnel were up and about in the entire room as they deliver food to every table.

Victoria and Elizabeth decided to go to their usually seat found at the farthest side of the room. Just as they pass the last table towards their table, they caught sight of The Daily Gossip, an international gossip tabloid where the front page was a picture of the Duke and Duchess of Gardenia and their daughter.

"Oh, another week in the gossip central," Victoria commented dryly.

"Oh cheer up, Tory," she said cheerfully.

"Did you know how that the Duchess of Gardenia and their daughter were kidnapped over the summer?" they heard the girl who owned the tabloid said to her friends around the table.

Elizabeth looks at Victoria with look of complete annoyance and concern.

"I'll explain later," she said before Elizabeth can utter a word.

They took a seat in their table just before the personnel assign to them arrived and handed them their food. Bacon, eggs and pancakes with blueberries and whip cream on top and orange juice.

"Thank you," they said graciously.

The personnel smiled at them before she made her way with her trolley to another table.

Before Victoria could open her mouth again, a classmate arrived at their table carrying her food.

"You won't mind if I seat with you, right?" she said in a timid voice as she look behind her shoulders sending a glare towards the table where the most popular group in the entire school sat. On that table sat, Alexa Park, grand-daughter of the rich American tycoon, Marcus Park. Together with her are her best friends, Tatiana Everheart and Samantha Karsouli and the other part of the high-end of the social circle.

"Sure," the two nodded and gesture to the extra chairs around the table. "Just pick one."

"Thank you," she said sitting herself beside Victoria. "I'm Hayley Summers, by the way."

"Yeah, we knew. You were friends with Alexa," Victoria replied. "Victoria Rostova."

"Elizabeth Paige," Elizabeth said from the other side of the table.

"More like acquaintance actually," Hayley said. "I hate her guts. Sorry, if I seem to disturb you by intruding here. They kick me out of my place at their table."

"Oh no don't bother," Elizabeth said. "We could use a new company. I'm getting bore with my old one." She added jokingly.

"Hey, I resent that," Victoria said mocking glaring at her best friend.

Hayley laughed.

"You guys are funny," Hayley commented.

"Thank you," Victoria said.

"We tend to think of things to occupy our time seeing as it's only the two of us in the business," Elizabeth commented. "Besides, are you sure you want to be seen here with us? We are the commoners, after all? Gold-digging bitches."

"I don't see why not," Hayley said. "I was kicked out because I was the weak-link in their master force. Especially since Anthony Wilder is taken my new seat. So does the offer still stand?"

"Of course," Elizabeth said.

"I don't really see the reason why people then to label us commoners when there are a bunch of scholarship granted students in this school. A third if I'm not mistaken." Victoria said as she took another bite of her eggs. "But Alexa only label us the commoner ones. I don't get that. Ever since Alex arrived her second year, she always calls me a commoner. Why is that actually?"

"Why are you all looking at me?" Hayley said confuse and nervous at the same time when she notice the two eyeing her as if waiting of answer.

"Well, you have been to her circle," Elizabeth said in a matter-of-fact. "You can tell us."

"Can't you tell us?" Victoria said a small smile on her face.

"Can you be my friends?" Hayley countered. But after seeing that two shocked, they haven't expected that. "Okay, wait. That was unexpected. Let me explain, I haven't really had friends before. Real friends. And seeing you guys, it makes me jealous. I haven't had a friend back there. It's always open backstabbing contest there." She added before Elizabeth can open her mouth.

The shocked expression on both the girls' faces disappeared and a smile replaced it.

"Of course," Victoria said happily. "Friends?"

"Friends." Elizabeth and Hayley said at the same time.

The three shook their hands.

"Welcome to the club, Hayley," Elizabeth said with a toothy grin.

"We are already friends, Hayley," Victoria said. "Even before when you would help me with Alexa. Thank you about by the way. We are going to be the best of friends."

"There is one rule, though," Elizabeth said.

"Yeah!" Hayley asked. "What is it?"

"Don't make us regret it."

"Thank you," Hayley replied smiling brightly. "I would never betray you, guys. Thank you. Okay back to business at hand, to be completely I don't know really. Alexa seem to have a sort of hatred for you even before I really knew her."

"Well, maybe she has a mental disorder or something?" Elizabeth joked.

"Or maybe because she is insecure?" Hayley supplied. "I mean, even in her circle of 'friends' she bullies people. You know she is not called the 'Rumor Princess' for nothing. She needs attention and she has a constant need to be on top."

"Whoa!" Elizabeth said. "I haven't thought of that."

"Me too," Victoria said shaking her head. "I haven't seen that one coming to be honest."

"Though," Hayley said. "There are rumors that she is envious of you, Victoria."

"What?" Victoria said her eyes wide as saucers. "Envious of me? Me? Plain, nerdy, ugly me?"

"I agree with that one except the ugly comment." Elizabeth said. "You are nerdy with that glasses of yours, Tory. But you are never ugly." She said pointed to the nerdy glasses perched at the nose of her brunette best friend in front of her.

"She is right you know," Hayley said nodding her head in agreement.

"Are you to ganging up on me?" Victoria asked.

"Nope," the two chirped in unison.

"Just stating facts." Hayley added.

"But seriously," Victoria said. "She is jealous of me but why?"

"Because you look like a carbon-copy of the Duchess of Gardenia." Hayley said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7M 208K 78
Mari Hansen ran away from home at 15 not being able to stand her radically religious family anymore and was desperate to be nothing like them which l...
E.M.M.A. By Lillian Hunt

General Fiction

290 41 10
Aria, Meredith, Elie, and Madison have almost nothing in common. Aria is one of the most popular girls you could ever meet. Being the most pretty che...
552K 13.5K 25
Emery Scott was a shy quiet nerd who always got picked on but tried to stay out of everyone's way. She got picked on from 6th grade to sophomore year...
21.1K 800 59
Agent Zaiarhys Maksimov, a special and an important asset to the FBI agency along side her partner She's independent, cold, emotionless, with a wall...