Twelve Fallen Stars

By MysteryAquaStar

"Have you ever wondered what it's like to be a star?" In the land of Zosodia, there goes a legend. The legend... More

The Info
Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
New Year (Small spoil)
Advertising
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Wattys2017
Chapter XIX
Announcements

Chapter XI

1K 60 86
By MysteryAquaStar

As the sun rays shone down through a window, it lands on a sleeping blond male. Apparently it was too bright, that he squeezed his eyes and opened it, before he placed his arm in front to shield them. While he squinted, he pulled one arm back to slowly sit himself up and examine his surroundings. Upon seeing that his surroundings were very unfamiliar, he grew worried until a certain person came to view.

"Dylan?" Coal walked through the door, holding a tray of food in his hands.

Dylan felt relief go through his body as he sighed and smiled, "Hey Coal."

The brunett was overjoyed that his friend was now looking in normal conditions. The night before, where he heard that Dylan was poisoned, he felt like he had a heart attack. Seeing him now, made him hold in the urge to just drop the tray and give the boy a tight hug.

"Where are we?" Dylan finally asked, looking around his surroundings once more. "Are we still in Noleon forest?"

Shaking his head, Coal made his way to the older male and sat down with the tray. "No," he said, "You and Celesta came from the Aires kingdom, according to Logan."

"Aires kingdom? I've been to Aires?"

Hearing this, Coal frowned, "Do you not remember going to Aires? Running to Centaur?"

Dylan shook his head, looking more confused than he did before. He then claimed, "All I could remember is that I was bit by a snake, and we were heading to Aires. Maybe I can remember, but it's a bit fuzzy. . ."

"Could be the effects of the poison like what Yvette has said. . ."

He didn't need to question the brunett's words there. He pretty much knew what he was talking about, since he does remember the snake attack. Coal gave a fruit to Dylan, who slowly took a bite out of it. There was silence between the two, but it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable that is until. . .

"D- Dylan!" The violet eyed male cried out, blushing at his friend's unexpected actions. "What are you-"

"Shut up!" Dylan's arm was right around other male's body, giving him the tightest squeeze he could give. "I was so, so, so, so, so worried about you! Where the hell did you go?! Did you get hurt?!"

"I. . . I was just fine." Grabbing his shoulders, he forced Dylan back and glared, "But how about you?! You were poisoned and nearly died!"

Coal has always given Dylan a scary glare, but this time, the blond thought it was even scarier. Gulping nervously, he said, "But. . . I'm okay now."

"That was because of Yvette!" He scolded, before pulling Dylan right back into the embrace. "Sheesh, you're an idiot."

As usual, the other former prince wasn't offended by the comment. He smiled and hugged back once more saying, "I know."

The two boys stayed like that for a few moments, before they were pulled apart by a certain young prince. "Ahem!" Logan coughed, "Sorry to interrupt your bonding moment, but we're called down stairs."

~ * ~

Everyone was gathered down stairs, and stood near the counter. Leona and Zoe were still very confused and shocked to what has happened last night. After finding out that they were Zodiacs from Cassidy and Yvonne, they weren't sure on how to react.

Leona seemed to be happy, but at the same time terrified. She likes the idea of traveling and becoming a better hero, but she's terrified of the dangers ahead. Be a knight in Noleon appeared to be easy for her, but going to the regions where war is happening, may be a traumatizing experience.

Zoe seemed okay. Like Leona, she was terrified of traveling to a place of war, but also scared of leaving her father. If she had went missing all of a sudden, would her father be able to notice and do a search party for her? She hopes so. The only positive thought she had for her fate is that. . . Her wedding with Logan may be delayed more.

Yvonne pretty much knows what's going on. Due to her mother and grandmother, she knew what was bound to happen in the near future. She has excepted that fate, ever since she had seen the Sagittarius symbol on her hand, and the Leo and Aries on both her friend's hand as well.

Down stairs, the boys were talking to each other, and apparently questioned about Logan's arm. Logan's arm was in a cast, but they don't really know what happened.

As with Celesta and Cassidy, the blue haired girl never left her friend's side ever since she came back. Cassidy is now more cautious about losing Celesta again. Imagining the fact of the brunette not making it, still chills the older girl to the bones.

Joyce soon made an appearance, holding two more bags, while Ken came following in with a bigger one. "All of your things are packed," said Joyce, handing the bags over to Yvonne while her husband gave the big one to Zoe.

He thought it'd be heavy for her, but to his surprise, she held it like it was a feather. He stared hard at her for a while until she grew uneasy.

"What?" She asked with a not so polite voice.

Ken shook his head and waved off going, "Never mind."

Joyce began to explain the items she had packed, as the teens were going through it. "In that bag, are some of my old clothes. If it doesn't fit you, you still need to wear it cause I don't want you girls going out naked."

"But if it's too big, it might show some revealing parts." Commented Leona, looking in the bag.

"Again, still better than wearing the same soon-to-be dirty clothes, and going naked." The woman continued, "By the way, that bag you're looking into dear are for the boys."

"I thought these skirts were actually meant for us. . ." Logan coughed, giving the bag he had held over to Celesta.

"Were you hoping it was for you?" Celesta raised a brow, adding a smirk to her expression.

"Of course not! I thought it was strange. . ."

"And the bag Zoe is holding over there, is your pact food. All of it are fruits and vegetables."

That's when the blonde knight frowns, "No bread? Meat?"

"Oh Lee," Joyce shook her head, "The meat and bread would most likely get bad the fastest on the journey."

"But you know I don't eat vegetables!"

"Then eat it."

Leona huffed, and crossed her arms. If she doesn't have her meat, she's not looking forward to the journey.

Seeing the expression on her face, almost made Yvonne laugh. "Don't worry, Lee," she reached out, patting the girl right on the back, "If you want we can go hunting if there are some animals nearby."

"Really?" Her eyes sparkled with excitement, making her taller friend laugh once more.

"Of course."

Joyce and Ken looked at Yvonne, and smiled. They seemed to be happy that their daughter will now be going on journey like she had wanted to, but another part of them don't want her to leave at all.

"Well, I guess you proved me wrong."

"Huh?" The woman looked to husband, confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Yvonne and the legend. I always thought that the legend was just a story for entertainment and such. . ."

"Well, yes. I guess I did prove you wrong." When she glanced back to the group looking over the bags, a thought finally accrued to her. "But. . . Something is a little bit wrong with this."

All pact up and ready to go, the group was about to take their leave. The group thanked the family for their hospitality, and left Yvonne alone so she could have a moment. Yvonne bid farewell to her father and mother, and was about to kiss her grandmother goodbye. She was a little shocked when Yvette grabbed her by the arm, making her stay behind a bit longer.

"What is it?" She asked, worried by the serious expression that Yvette had wore on her face.

Yvette sighed, and pulled her arms back. "I just want you to know, Yvonne, is that I want you to be safe out there." She reached and arm up, patting the girl's cheek as she smiled.

She softly touched the hand on her cheek, and nodded, "Thank you, granny. I promise you that I will be safe.

"Please do, dear."

Yvonne smiled again, before kissing Yvette on the forehead. Turning around, she quickly shouts to the group and runs after them.

The old woman chuckles at her own action, but quickly notices a blue haired girl in site, that Yvonne had past. She squinted her eyes, seeing that it was Cassidy looking at her.

When the girl saw that she had Yvette's attention, she smiled softly and waved. The woman, of course, returned the gesture. Celesta walk up to Cassidy to get her, but before she left with the others, she nodded to Yvette as thank you, since she didn't get the chance to say it properly.

Yvette nodded back and as she watched the girls walk away, she frowned. "Cassidy. . ." she whispered, "I hope Coal can take good care of that girl." Looking up to the sky, she pressed her hands together and closed her eyes, as if she was  making a prayer. "Altair and Vega. . . Please let your heroes survive this journey."

~ * ~

Up in the heavens, Altair opened his eyes as heard Yvette's voice. "Survive, huh?" he mumbled.

Vega turned over to him, "Is it from Yvette again? Did she make another wish?"

"Yes, and. . . I guess you can say that."

"What is it this time?"

"It appears she wants all the Zodiacs to survive this time."

Hearing this, the female star smiled, "Is that so?" She looked away from her husband, and over the stars where an image the group were showing. "So she's a lot smarter than we thought she was. . ." she whispered, "I never knew that at least one of the mortals would know that secret of the legend."

The male kept silent, staring at a certain brunett in the image. He then sighed, "But then, what shall we do?"

Vega looked back, "What do you mean?"

"Yvette made a wish that deals with lives," replied Altair, "We may be able to watch over and give the Zodiacs their fate, but we can't do anything with their lives. We don't know how to extend it."

"It is a cruel fate that three of our heroes will face this. . ." Vega narrowed her eyes to the image, "We nearly lost two, but I'm afraid we'll officially loose one when the time comes."

"Then what? Yvette wished for her and the two others to live this time. What will we do at the spur of the moment?"

The young looking girl frowned a bit, disappointed in what she'll say next. "Coal's future site powers should be more frequent than Capricorn's. He may be able to see her and the other's death before it could happen but. . ." The thought of it, made her stressed, "He should be able to save Cassidy from her death. Downfall is, if Cassidy is going to protect Coal from death like Aquarius did to Capricorn, Coal might try to stop that. . . By switching the roles."

"You mean. . . Coal protects Cassidy, and he's the one who dies."

"Yes. There's no need to worry about Logan and Leona, for I think Coal's vision will help him come up with a way to save them. However, it won't be enough to save Cassidy or himself."

Altair stared harder at Coal, feeling useless at the very moment. When he thought about it, he too, felt a little stressed. Coal may be able to prevent Logan and Leona from their horrifying fate, but Cassidy was a different story.

Will Cassidy go with her fate and die like Aquarius in the real legend? Or will Coal switch the roles and die instead?  This simple thought, brought fear to both stars.

Either one of them has to go.

~ A/N ~

Uh-oh, what have I done?!?!

Will one of the Zodiacs actually die in the near future?!

... Well don't ask me, cause I don't really know. (Even though I'm the author.)

But yeah, in the real legend, three of the Zodiacs do die. Leo and Libra had that fate cause of a mistake, so it's possible to save them, but not Aquarius. Cassidy has to die either way, or Coal will have to take her place.

Why is the death a secret in the legend? I'll get to that later in the story.

I'm so sorry if this was short to you. There was supposed to be a scene between Yvonne and Leona, Logan and Zoe, and Cassidy and Celesta, but I saved it for next chapter.

Next chapter may have Celesta and Coal talking about their best friends as well so stay tuned~

I hope the next chapter will be better to you guys ; w ;

P.S.- Sorry for slow updates. My math teacher hates my class.

~Aquarii-San

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 50 15
A story of twelve chosen ones are destined to be the zodiacs in a world that transforms their reality to a fantasy. but no one knows who is behind th...
2.1K 111 41
"That explains the color of the sky." I looked up. "It didn't change that much. Now it goes red from time to time." Another statement I shouldn't hav...
30.7K 1.2K 46
Four schools, twelve challenges, one winner A story about twelve students who got picked to represent their schools in a tournament, which takes plac...
2K 50 11
Fate. Secrets. Teenage angst. And of course the occasional life-threatening disaster. Welcome to the Three Realms. In the depths of space, there exi...