Just to Feel | Complete

By CharmaineSimsSmit

"I'm broken. Nothing can fix me. I feel so numb. No one understands me. No one understands my life and the sa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 7

305 16 12
By CharmaineSimsSmit

I have eventually been given the go ahead to pack my bags and be on my way. Not the breakout plan I originally had, but I'll take anything that I can get right now. I just want out of this place. No guess as to who'll be fetching me... the chauffeur of course.

I step off the curb as our town car arrives, expecting to see William's familiar face. Instead there's a new, much younger, much cuter one that greets me.

"Good day, Miss Tompson. My name is Josh Ryan and I'll be escorting you home. May I take your bags?" Josh's smile is like sunshine and I'm at a loss for words. The first time ever!

"Oh. Okay", is all that I can get out before blushing like an idiot. What the hell is wrong with me? That must have been one extremely hard hit to my head.

Josh eagerly takes my bags from my hands and places them in the boot of the car, before coming around to my side and open up the door for me.

"Miss Tompson", he says, gesturing that I enter the car.

"Thanks...", is all I can think of to say.

He extends his arm for me to lean on, obviously noticing the bandage around my head... or the goofy look on my face. I so wish that I could kick myself right now, anything to make me snap out of this brain-numb, idiot that I've become.

I take him up on his offer as I can feel my head is starting to ache. I feel a bit unsteady... must be the long bed rest.

As I lean in, I see that he has the most amazing sea green eyes and he smells like heaven. Wait? What?! These meds that I'm on must be really strong. I need to get home... fast!

We drive the rest of the way home in silence, but I can feel him looking at me in the rear-view mirror. I'm too scared to make eye contact. I'm scared the brain-numb idiot might rear her unwelcome head again. Just the thought of it makes me shake my head to myself, wondering what the hell is going on with me and my crazy reactions.

Thoughts of Christian enter my mind the closer we get to home. How will I face him? How do I act as if nothing happened? But before I can answer myself, we're pulling into the driveway, and I need to brace myself for the brain-numb sneak appearance. I just know that she's dying to show her face as soon as Josh opens my door. But I'm a few steps ahead of her. I fling my door open, faking a less than gracious exit and make a beeline for my bedroom.

Only once I'm inside the house and the door is closed behind me, do I feel safe from my crazy side showing her face again. That was close!

A few seconds later and I'm regretting my decision of sprinting past everyone into the house. My head is aching and I'm nauseous from the pain. I slowly walk over to my bed and lie down. Just a few minutes, that's all I need.

"Mia, is everything okay?", Gillian asks at the door. My hasty entrance probably set off all types of alarms in the household.

"I'm fine, no need to stress", I lie, feeling as if I might start crying at any moment. The pain is so bad.

"I'm going to bring you your medication soon, then you can take a nap. All this running around can't be good for you", Gillian warns me. "You need to remember to take it easy, listen to your doctor's advice."

A short while later and she's back. Just as I thought, she has a ham, cheese and tomato sandwich, my meds and some mango juice. She's so caring, and I hate it.

"Here you go", she says as she carefully places the glass of juice down next to my bed. "Please eat your lunch before you take the medication. We don't want you to damage your stomach, whilst trying to heal your head."

Why does she even care? I'm nothing to her.

Then it dawns on me... she's the only mother figure I've known since mom's death. I almost feel guilty, realising that I know nothing about her. All I know is that she's worked for us for as far back as I can remember... but that's all. I wish mom was here, she knew how to make everything better. I miss her every day.

The pain meds are so strong that I start feeling the effect about 10 minutes after taking it. My head begins to float and I drift off to sleep.

The dream that hijacks my sleep is one I've never had before. I usually dream of nothing... but not today. Today my world has been shook up by that Josh and the fact that I'll need to face Christian again... soon.

I see myself at a funfair.

The weather is incredible and there are so many people there. My senses are alive with smells of yummy food, sounds of people screaming with laughter, and the feel of the warm sun on my face.

I see myself on a Ferris wheel.

My eyes are closed and face angled up towards the inviting sun. I sense that I'm not alone in my little cart... there's someone sitting next to me. I'm almost too afraid to open up my eyes to see who it is.

Could it be Christian?

Could it be Josh?

Could it be a new stranger?

I'm not too sure which option scares me more.

There's a part of me that knows that this is just a dream. But that part is nowhere close to the size of the other part, the part scared out of its wits, forcing me to keep my eyes closed.

Oh bugger that! Grow a pair! Put on your big-girl panties and open up your damned eyes, Mia! Why am I shouting at myself? I can't hear myself. Oh man these drugs are good.

Anyway, back to my dream.

So there I am, sitting on the Ferris wheel next to Mr. X. I open my eyes and turn my face, ever so slowly, to the right and... holy smokes... there's a new face! What the heck is going on?

"Hey, Babe", he smiles at me, "isn't the view just amazing?"

Really? I'm speechless. What view? Him or the surroundings? He is a cutie pie of note. Hot damn! Dark black hair, bright eyes... wait! Who am I? What have I become? It's like my brain has been invaded by some hormone monkey.

He looks far too comfortable making small talk with me. I, on the other hand, must look like I've just completed the ice-bucket challenge... well facial expression wise at least. Can he not see the shock on my face?

Our cart has eventually made the full rotation and is back at the bottom. Jump!, is all that comes to mind.

So there I am, like a woman possessed, jumping out of a still moving cart. Now the shocked look is on his face. "Ha! Take that!", I say to myself. My big-girl panties are now firmly in place and I'm running for my life. Running where? Anywhere.

The scene has changed. I'm walking around, eating candy floss. Fluffy, sweet, pink candy floss. "May I have some too please, Sweetie?", a male voice says to my left. What? Again?! Are you kidding me?

Looking to my left I come face to face with Josh. Have mercy! He looks absolutely dishy in his casual clothes. He's wearing tight blue jeans, sneakers and a meadow green golf shirt. His eyes are almost sprouting they look so green, the golf shirt obviously assisted in that department.

Run!

And I'm off again.

Where am I now? It's dark, but I'm not scared. When I open my eyes, I realise why they were closed. I'm looking smack bang into Christian's face! His eyes slowly open and then it hits me... We... were... kissing!

And there I go again, running for my life.

I duck into the Fun House of Mirrors, thinking that I can escape them all... big mistake.

I take twists and turns, going down so many passages that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get out again.

Just when I think I'm safe, I look up and see all three of them facing me. Each in their own mirror. Each with their hands stretched out towards me.

I look around for some kind of weapon to defend myself with. I see a decorative organ, off to the side. One of those pipes would make an awesome weapon. I dash to the organ, rip out a pipe and take up my best Jackie Chan stance, ready to attack.

"Come on... make my day!", I scream before swinging at, and missing all three guys, but successfully breaking all the mirrors instead.

As I'm drowning in a hail of broken glass, I jump up, only to find myself in bed, still safely in my room.

My heart is pounding. Wow, those meds really do bring on strange dreams.

I grab the bottle next to my bed, reading the list of ingredients. I should possibly not drink these anymore. Not possibly... definitely!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

652 1 21
Choosing her cost me everything I'd ever loved... including her. I had everything a guy could ask for, a loving family, the perfect small-town life...
283K 5.4K 71
He takes a step forward and stops. He shakes his head looking down at his feet "I can't kiss you, Analia." Why does he have to say my name like that...
2.7K 689 59
Love is like a second hand emotion, its like taking a conscious leap into a never ending well with the intention of wanting to land safely at the bot...
1.7M 33.9K 48
Bella is a shy girl, but when you get to know her she's outgoing. When she was 5 something tragic happened to cause her to be the sheltered girl that...