Open Feelings ✔︎

By marcie_lou

Casey Manning likes to run away from her problems. That's why she moved all the way to New York when her dad... More

©
Cast List
Playlist
Old Dreams Comming True
Hello! Meet my Butt
Fake It Till You Make It
Female Dog
Realest Fake Date
Old Ladies and Hooligans
Apologies and Hell Yea
Casey Manning is Pure Savage
First Day Back
Baby Mamma and Baby Daddy
Making Friends
Stinky Situations
The Picture
Headache Song
Unknown Diseases
Kindness Test
Cupcake Wars
Homecoming Weekend Part I
Homecoming Weekend Part II
Homecoming Weekend Part III
Baby Blues
Ice Ice Baby
Sweet
Uncle
Paint Wars
Singing Scoops
The Zoo
Boyfriends and Apple Cider
You Killed Me
State Championship
Destressing
Small Envelopes
Mistletoe Ball
My Terms
Kiss at Midnight
Kissing Is Only For Married People
Valid A/N
This Isn't You
Change For The Better
No Jellyfish Emoji
Adventures
Drugstore Meet ups
Snow Day
French Candies
Christopher Danes
Secrets and Shots
Vince
NYC I
NYC II
Clearwater's Got Talent
Takes One To Know One
Movie Night
Mother Dearest
Tears Over Wine
Girl's Locker Room
House Or Home
Prom Dresses
Just Because...
Promposals
That's What She Said
Twenty Three
I Hated You
We're Going To Be Okay
Best Party Of 2016
More Than Nutella
Open Feelings
Epilogue
Bonus
Spinoff and More
From Casey

Office Visits

3.7K 142 15
By marcie_lou

Casey

I let out a frustrated sigh and I picked up my notebook and pens from the desk.

This is the third time that Jason has flaked on me and our tutoring session.

I get that he's mad at me, really I do. By it's common curtsy to send me a stupid text to tell me that he is not going to show up.

But then again, if he didn't show up on Monday and Wednesday, why would he show up on today?

With a huff I placed my backpack on my shoulder and made my way towards history.

When I walked inside there was only a few students here, including Jason.

Unbelievable.

I walked to my seat and sat down in a huff. He didn't even move a muscle.

I turned to look at him and he kept his gaze towards the front and I let out a frustrated sigh.

We haven't talked in almost a week. We go to the same school, have two classes together and lunch, we live in the same apartment complex, right next to each other and he has managed to avoid me.

And the thought depresses me. Does he not want to know why I called her? Does he not care? Does he not miss me? Us?

Moving a strand of hair behind my ear I whispered.

"I'm really sorry."

This is stupid and it probably won't make a difference.

"You won't even let me explain." I added after a moment of silence. Adam and Katie walked in an I let out a sigh before running my hands through my hair.

Ignoring the couple as they took their seats, I whispered to Jason.

"I called her because-"

"Stop talking." Jason instructed with a chilling glare.

If I didn't know him as well as I did, I would've been intimidated.

"Well you won't talk to me." I told him and he turned to face the front again.

Letting out a sigh I turned to face the front.

***

Waiting impatiently outside of Mr. Avery's classroom, I scanned the hallway for Jason.

I tried speaking to him in public and he didn't respond, maybe he will if we speak in private.

Spotting him walking behind a teacher, I got into position to grab his arm. Counting to ten , I reached out and grabbed his arm.

Using all of my body strength, I pulled him inside.

"What the-" He called in surprise. Once he noticed it was me, he composed himself and tried to leave. But I quickly got in front of the door.

"I don't have time for this." He stated monotoned. He stepped forward and tried to open the door but I pushed my back against it.

The distance between us was slim to none and I let out a small sigh.

That's the closest we've been since Sunday.

"Move." He ordered.

I looked up into his vibrant blue eyes and plead.

"Just two minutes."

He let out a frustrated sigh and stepped back from me.

"Do you know what's going on inside my mind at the moment?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"I'm trying to think of a way to explain this to Elizabeth." He replied.

"For two years, I've been telling her that she's never going to come back." He said, referring to his mom. "Now I have to find a way to tell her that she was back."

"So I'm sorry if I don't want to talk about this, because right now this-" He pointed between us. "isn't my biggest concern. Quite frankly it isn't even in my top five of concerns."

"As a matter of fact, let's not make it a concern at all." He continued.

"What does that mean?" I whispered.

"It means that this isn't a concern, because this doesn't exist anymore." He finished and I blinked.

Is he breaking up with me?

"Move Casey." He repeated and I looked him in the eyes but he purposely avoided eye contact.

Stepping away from the door, I watched as he grabbed the handle, stepped out and slammed the door behind him.

A few seconds later the door opened Maddie walked in.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked and I frowned at the door in confusion.

"I saw Jason walk out when I was passing by and I figured you were in here too." She explained and my frowned deepened.

"Case, is everything okay?" She asked in concern.

"I think he just broke up with me." I finally looked at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason

"I have our milkshakes." I shouted as I entered my father's house and Lizzie came running towards me.

"With brownie chucks?" She asked and I handed her her cup.

"With extra brownie chunks." I replied and she grinned.

"You're the best."

Ruffling her hair, we made our way through the living room.

"Do you have a movie in mind?"  She asked and I nodded.

"But we're not watching a movie yet, I have to tell you something." I sighed as I led her to the couch and she frowned at me.

Maybe I don't have to tell her?

"What's wrong?" She asked and I frowned.

"Nothing's wrong." I shrugged as I sipped my milkshake.

"Then what do we have to talk about?" She frowned.

Right.

"Okay, someone came to visit me the other day." I began, knowing that this isn't going to end well.

"Who?" She frowned in curiosity and took a sip of her milkshake.

Running my freehand through my hair, I let out a sigh.

"It was mom." I explained as I placed my drink on the table.

"What?" Lizzie asked in confusion.

"I'm sorry."

"She's back?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I don't think-" I began but she interrupted.

"Where is she?" She asked with wide eyes.

"I don't think she's here anymore." I told her.

Because I told her to leave.

"Well where is she then?" She asked. Her voice thickened and her eyes welled up with tears.

"Liz, I don't know." I replied.

"You got to see her." She choked out and I let out a sigh. "It's not fair."

She cried. Not a simple cry that would result in me just telling her a joke to cheer her up.

It was body wrecking sobs. Ones that required for me to pick her up and place her on my lap to calm her down.

"I'm really sorry." I apologized.

"W-why did she l-leave again?" She sobbed and I bit the inside of my cheeks to keep my own tears at bay.

"I don't know Liz." I whispered.

"I didn't e-even get t-to see her." She cried. "Why didn't she want to see me?"

I blinked quickly and took a deep breath.

Because I told her to leave.

"I'm so sorry." I breathed out.

She placed her head in the crook of my neck and sobbed.

"I'm so sorry." I repeated.

"Why d-doesn't she want me?"

"It's not your fault it was never your fault." I soothed and she hiccuped.

"But-"

"Why didn't she stay?" She asked.

Because I told her to leave.

"I don't know." I whispered and I felt my anger spike up.

But I wasn't angry at anyone but myself.

Because I fucked up.

I comforted Lizzie in the best way that I could. But I'm no parent and the best think that I could do was reassured that everything was going to be okay.

But I didn't know that.

Because I've made a lot of mistakes in the past week and I don't think I know how to fix them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christopher McCall

"June is perfect, have your people call my people to set that up." I nodded at Alistair Westwood over the computer screen and he nodded.

"Will do Chris." He nodded before ending the conference call.

Letting out a sigh I took a sip of my coffee before standing up and getting of the disposable cup.

"Andrea!" I shouted out to the secretary as I made my way back to my seat.

The door opened and she walked in.

"What does my weekend and half of next week look like?" I asked and she scrolled through her tablet.

"Phone meeting with Vincent McCall later this afternoon, a very important meeting on Monday with the shareholders and you leave for Beijing on Wednesday a 7am." She filled me in and I nodded.

"Is that PowerPoint ready for Monday?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yes sir, all I have to do is email it to you." She told me and I nodded.

"Do that now please, I want to run through it before lunch." I instructed and she nodded.

"That's all." I dismissed and she nodded one last time before closing the door behind her.

I opened up the laptop on my desk and waited for the notification of the email. Once it arrived, I compared my personal notes and filled in any opened gaps.

Halfway through, Andrea's line rang on the phone.

"Yes?" I asked keeping my attention on my notes.

"There's someone here to see you sir." She stated and I let out a sigh.

Didn't she just say that I didn't have any meeting for today?

"Have them schedule an appointment." I told her before hanging up.

But a few seconds later, the line rang again.

Jesus.

"What?"

"Sir, it's your wife." She stated with a whispered.

For a very very brief second, a rush of excitement ran through me. But I quickly shut it down.

My wife left a long time ago.

"I don't have a wife." I told Andrea before hanging up and returning to my notes.

If Grace really though that I would just drop everything to speak to her, she's very mistaken.

There was a commotion, outside in the hall and I let out a frustrated sigh.

Andrea is fired.

Standing up from my desk I made my way to the door and opened.

"What the hell-" I started but I stopped at the sight in front of me.

There stood Grace Montgomery McCall.

"You don't have a wife?" She asked in disbelief.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her and she sighed.

"I've been trying to reach you and you've been ignoring me."

"That is correct." I replied bluntly.

"Please." She begged before taking a step towards me and I stood my ground.

"I want to explain." She sighed.

I can't deal with this today or any day. I let out frustrated breath and stepped aside so Grace could walk in. Before closing the door behind me, I turned and looked at Andrea.

"Find me a new PA, you're fired."

Letting out a sigh at the closed door, I turned around and looked at my wife.

"What do you need Grace?"

"I want to see Elizabeth." She stated and I shook my head no.

"Absolutely not."

"Please, I miss her." She whispered and I looked at her completely un phased.

"You wouldn't be missing her if you didn't abandon you family."

She took in a sharp breath at my harsh worlds and I took a seat.

"You said you wanted to see Elizabeth?" I asked and she nodded as her eyes welled up with tears.

"Well, I said no. So I suppose we're done here." I dismissed.

She quickly wiped away a traitor tear from her cheek and composed herself.

"Please just let me explain." She breathed out and I shook my head.

"What explanation could you possibly have for abandoning your family?" I asked and she opened her mouth to speak.

"Actually, I don't care enough to find out." I raised my hand up to stop her.

"You can return to New York now or whenever. But I don't want to see you again, nor do I want you to go visit our children."

"I don't need your permission to go see my children." She choked out and her tears almost made me refrain from my next words.

"They stopped being your children the day you abandoned them." I shouted and she cried harder.

"That's not what happened." She shouted back causing her voice to crack.

Her makeup was running and her hair was disheveled from running her hands through it and I had to fight the instinct to get up and wipe away her cheek.

"Go back to New York." I told her.

"I can't." She mumbled through her sniffled.

Cursing inwardly, I reached for my handkerchief and handed it to her.

"You have to go." I stated through gritted teeth and she looked up at me.

"I can't, it's part of the deal." She whispered and I frowned.

I shouldn't care. I really shouldn't, she left her family. But damn it I want to know.

"What deal?" I asked her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you like the end in Mr. McCall's POV?

Vote

Comment

Share

Coming up: Maddie tries to take matters into her own hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 235 40
"Uh, Melissa! The truth is," Jason mumbled and our eyes locked "That I-I'm in love with you" he stuttered and I was stunned. My heart started racing...
147 0 13
Tami's shitty stepdad dropped the bombshell: They were moving to a new house. Tami was furious, annoyed that she has to leave her rich lifestyle. She...
922K 15.5K 29
Skylar Bennett is going into senior year as the new girl. Uprooted from her hometown, she is dragged to Bradford High school in Florida due to her fa...
1.1M 18.4K 43
HIGHEST RANKS EVER: #4 in #ENEMIES (2021) #1 in #ENEMIESWITHBENEFITS (2021) #1 in #HUMOR (2020) #1 in #BOYFRIEND (2021) Sometimes in an unproductive...