Twelve Fallen Stars

By MysteryAquaStar

"Have you ever wondered what it's like to be a star?" In the land of Zosodia, there goes a legend. The legend... More

The Info
Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
New Year (Small spoil)
Advertising
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Wattys2017
Chapter XIX
Announcements

Chapter X

1K 65 38
By MysteryAquaStar

Cassidy sat on a seat near the counter of the shop, while Joyce was freaking out in the other side. Yvette, was also joining her daughter, raising her hand in the air with a big toothless smile. The girl raised an eyebrow at them, and Ken runs his fingers through his hair.

"I- It's really not the time to be cheering- but, I don't think parents and grandparents shouldn't act like that. . . Well, you know, after finding out their granddaughter or daughter is. . ." She coughed, "A Zodiac."

Ken sighed, "These two crazy women are major freaks for the Zodiac legend. They had the suspicions that Yvonne could be one of them, but they don't have any proof. But. . ." He looked at Cassidy, narrowing his eyes, "What is your proof that my daughter is Sagittarius?"

"You wouldn't believe me since I don't know much of the legend, but I have been told to look for a mark." She replied.

"A mark?"

"Yes, an unnoticed one. . . When I was with Vonne, I asked to look at her hand."

"And she just gave it to you so casually?"

"Yes. . . Yes she did." Cassidy leaned back, "Showing me her hands, I looked very carefully to see a Sagittarius symbol right away. Now here's the interesting part; She said she had that mark for years. . . She wanted to tell your wife about it, but. . ." Then she pointed to the older female, who was jumping up and down, "She didn't want her to act like that for a woman her age."

Ken chuckled and placed his elbow on the counter. "You see, kid, I love the legend. Truth be told, I didn't think the reincarnation part would be real. . . I was in denial when my wife told me our constellation was missing after Yvonne was born, but. . . Now that I know she is Sagittarius, it kind of blows a parents mind, you know?"

"Ha, yeah. . . I'm pretty sure it does."

"So how about you? You look younger than my girl, and yet you came here with that. . . Master of yours?" He was referring to Coal, though he couldn't remember his name.

"Master?"

"You seem to be doing things for him! Plus, he told me you're the one who keeps saving him since you met at the fountain in Suqaria."

"Oh. . . Well, he's not my master. . . Just a friend."

"Huh, I see. Then again, how about you?" Ken leaned closer, "How did your parents react when they found out you were a Zodiac?"

". . ." Cassidy was absolutely stunned as he asked the question. Sitting silence for a while, she looked away from him and shook her head. "I ran away from an orphanage. I don't have any parents."

Ken's eyes grew wide and he backed up. "Oh," his voice was low, "I'm so sorry, I . . . I didn't know."

"No, no. . . It's okay. I never really liked my mom anyways."

Ken was about to apologize again until three loud bangs were heard on the door. This startled everyone in the room, and Joyce frowned.

Walking to the door, she said, "Everyone in the kingdom should be inside right now. Did the guards not clear this area?" Since Noleon was under attack, Centaur and Aires had to force their citizens into their homes for safety. Turning the knob, she opened the door, "Sorry, but we're closed-"

Celesta fell limp on the ground, Dylan's weight crushing her on top. Joyce gasped, "Oh my stars!"

"Celesta?! Dylan?!" Cassidy sprung up when she noticed that the two teens looked familiar to her. She quickly rushed over, and pulled Dylan off the younger girl. Seeing their pale and weak complexion, she was truly terrified.

Joyce picked up Celesta, as Ken ran to close the door. "My stars, what happened?" Joyce asked, panic evident in her tone.

Celesta gasped for air, before she spoke roughly. "P- poison."

"Take them upstairs," Yvette quickly demanded, heading up as she did, "I'll treat them."

Joyce helped Celesta up, and Cassidy lifted Dylan in her arms. Soon, everyone followed after.

~ * ~

"Holly mother of, Orion." Yvonne stared in shock at the state of the kingdom, and Leona was outraged.

Coal on the other hand, felt slightly terrified. Seeing the damaged buildings and dead bodies, were slightly too familiar with him. "There should be a giant snake here." He said, earning the attention of the two girls.

"A giant snake?" Leona questioned, "You're saying that a giant snake did all of this?!" Her voice was loud and harsh, but the boy didn't flinch.

"That's what I am saying," he replied, "It was in my vision."

"Uh, Coal," Yvonne called out to the boy, and pointed to the side, "If we're looking for the snake, I think I found it."

Leona and Coal followed her finger, and their gaze lands on a large tail, moving in between buildings. They could cries come from a distant area and few knights ran past them. Coal clenched the bow in his hand, and ran. "Hurry up!" He shouted back to the girls.

"Wha- Hey!" Leona quickly ran after him, with Yvonne tagging along. The three of them ran between the buildings, jumping over rocks.

Coal flinched, whenever he saw a body that looked as if it had been dipped in acid. 'How does this snake kill people?'

Leona didn't seem to like the sights of burned bodies at all. Now her anger has increased, but has her fear. Yvonne wasn't paying so much attention, and just kept her eyes on the other two.

Finally making it to the tail along with a few knights- who continued to run by the tail- They paused and stared. "That's only the tail," Yvonne breathed, "And it's huge. I wonder how big this snake really is."

"AAAAAAHHHHH!!!" One of the knights ran up to the tail, stabbing it. Sadly, the sword got stuck deep in the flesh, as the tail raised up. The knight stared in horror, as the tail then swung down at him.

The teens looked away, avoiding to witness the bloody sight. "He should've used his brain and move out of the way. . ." Leona whimpered.

Coal didn't dare to look back at the tail, and kept his eyes focused on the side, "Well at least we know it can crush us. . ." His eyes slowly wondered to the crumbled side of the building, and saw that the rocks looked easy to climb. He moved over to the rocks, and began to climb them which no hesitation.

Seeing this, Yvonne and Leona went after him with no question. They climb to the top of the damaged building, and Coal looked over to his right to see near by roofs of the building.

"We're jumping those?" Yvonne asked.

"Would you rather be crushed by a giant snake, or jump on the roofs of buildings? Cause if you choose snake, I won't stop you." The brunette ran off, taking his first leap to another roof. It was an easy jump, since the buildings were awfully close to another.

The trio ran across the roofs, and jumped, listening to the cries of knights on the bottom. The terrifying screams only grew louder as they were getting closer to the head of the snake. They came to a stop, seeing the snake's head rise above the building. To their luck, it was paying no attention to them.

"That is a giant snake. . ." Leona stared.

Coal stepped to the edge of the roof, and saw the knights. Most of the knights were up front, shooting arrows at the snake, but there appeared to be no effects at all. The other that were on the side, were fighting of smaller snakes, that hissed and snapped.

"Cobra!" They kept crying, trying to pry the snakes off themselves.

"Is that Zoe?!" The archer shouted, looking at one particular narrowed space between the two buildings across them. She managed to catch site of the red haired princess, clingy on to her partner in fear.

Seeing the princess to, Leona ran next to Coal and cupped her hands around her mouth. "Zoe!" she screamed, "Zoe!"

Zoe breathed heavily, holding Logan like it was her last day. When she heard screaming from above on the other hand, she looked up, her grip on Logan's shirt lessened. She squinted her eyes and focused her gaze at the top of the building across, and when she saw a familiar blonde and lavender haired female waving at her, she smiled. "Leona! Yvonne!" she released Logan and waved back.

Logan looked up to where Zoe was waving, and once he caught sight of Coal, relief washed over him. He was glad to know that at least one of his friends were safe.

The duo couldn't hear what the two girls were yelling, but they assumed they asked if they were okay. Zoe stuck a thumbs up, showing that they are okay. Coal knew that they could barely hear them, unlike his other two companies, so he gestured to his bow instead of shout.

Logan was confused, but Zoe appeared to understand. She turned her attention back to the green eyed male and said, "We have to fight."

"Fight? What do you mean by fight?" The Prince was in more panic.

"Fight. Like fight the snake." She pointed to the scaly body, that moved slowly side to in their path. "It's not going after us anymore! Now's our chance to get out of here and take the advantage while the knights are finally able to distract it!"

"The snake was distracted a long time ago."

"What?! Then how come you didn't tell me earlier?! We would've been outside fighting that thing already!"

"Because I prefer to stay here and cuddle, thank you very much!"

Zoe rolled her eyes, then grabbed the boy by the arm. "Prove to me that you can be a worthy husband!" she yelled, dragging him out of his spot as he tried to fight back. Sadly for him, he was too weak against her. Finally able to pull Logan out of their hiding spot, Zoe looked up.

Above them was the head of the king cobra, while the knights shot arrows at it. It appeared they were trying to shoot something glowing on the snake, but the arrows were having no effects at all.

"That must be the weak spot. . ."

"But it doesn't seem that the arrows are giving any effects at all." Logan looked off to the knights. The knights with swords were fighting off the smaller snakes on the ground, that are trying to bite them. This made him wonder why the snakes weren't attacking them.

Zoe looked around, wondering if she could take a weapon from a corpse. However, they were in the area where the snakes were, and what the cobra was spitting out, didn't seem harmless at all. It appeared that the liquid it spits, is like acid since the knights screamed in agony, as their own flesh melted.

They may have gotten out of their hiding spot, but now they had no clue of what to do. That's when the cloaked male appeared of no where, swinging a knife at the girl's abdomen. Luckily for her she dodged it.

Zoe backed up, and Logan glared. "What the-"

The male dropped the knife he had held, pulling his hood down. He smirked at the duo, "Bored?" He asked, "How about a hand to hand combat?"

He disappeared so suddenly, then reappeared behind Logan. Having fast reflexes, Logan turns, blocking the hand that was about to strike his neck. He threw his other fist to the boy's face, who blocked the hit as well. To Logan's shock, he screamed in pain when his opponent twisted his arm.

The male swung his leg to the prince's mid section, causing him to fall his knees. "Wow, you're weak!" he laughed.

Seeing this, Zoe growled and clenched her fist. She ran to the male with full speed, and with one swing of her closed fist, sent the male to the floor. Logan still hissed in pain, and the boy got up, rubbing his jaw with a smirk on his face.

"Not bad, princess," he praised, "Not bad." He disappeared again, and a voice rang through her head, "But can you keep up with my speed?" He appeared behind her he did with Logan, and tried to strike her back neck with a stiff.

She turned quickly, and unlike her partner, kicked him, making him hunch forward. She was aiming for something lower and more painful, but the stomach would do. Taking the advantage, she sent another punch in the face. Zoe picked up her feet again, attempting to give another kick, only to have her entire ankle grabbed.

Catching her feet before it could him, the boy pulled it up, sending her on her back.

"Ah!" Zoe cried, as soon as her back met the cement floor. She hissed even more, when it the boy dragged her a bit, making her back scrape against the roughness. She then gasped, when the male stomped on her chest area, holding another throwing knife before her head. She couldn't breath, and choked for air, trying to call out for Logan.

She was unaware on how hard this enemy had kicked her partner. Logan didn't have the strength to get back up, and the pain in his arm was too much for him to bare. It almost felt like he couldn't move his arm at all.

The boy before her smiled, and took her hand. He placed the handle of the knife in her hand, and took his foot off her. Before she can get up, he saluted, "Good luck."

When he disappeared, Zoe didn't waste time on getting back on her feet. That's when she notice a group of snakes, starting to head for both her and Logan. Since the green eyed male still couldn't get up, she had to fight off the snakes alone while using a throwing knife. She growled, "Damn it."

Up on the building roof, Coal and Yvonne shot their arrows at the back of the snakes head, but there was no damage at all. Leona on the other hand just stood there, not knowing what she would do, since she only has a sword in hand.

Seeing that they're going no where, the lavender haired archer groaned, and stopped shooting her arrows. "This is useless! The snake must have thick armor or something!"

"How about we shoot it at the eyes?" Suggested Coal, who stopped shooting as well.

"Yeah, but wouldn't we need it to face this way? How are we going to get its attention?"

"Throwing rocks?"

"Throwing ro- Arrows have no effect at all! So how are rocks going to get its attention?!"

As the two began to argue, Leona looked around. The knights on the on the bottom were shrieking in pain, the buildings nearby looked like they were about to crumble any moment, and she couldn't see Zoe anywhere at all. The blonde knight felt worried and nervous, but mostly irritated. She didn't know what to do to stop this monstrosity, so it angered her. That's when she noticed, her sword was on fire.

"What the-" Leona backed up, not knowing how her weapon would suddenly catch fire like that. The fire surely got the other two's attention as well.

Yvonne's eyes widen, "Lee! What did you do?!"

"I don't know!"

"How did you do it?" Coal asked.

"I don't know!"

"Try blowing it off!"

Gathering all the air she could breathe in, the blonde gave her biggest huff. When she did, the fire on her sword spreads like a flame thrower, heading directly to the cobra's head.

Feeling the heat behind itself, the large reptile turned it's head away from the soldiers and looked over the trio on the roof. All of them were stunned by what just happened and the snake leaned its head back, ready to spot its venom.

Leona quickly notices the glowing spot on the snake, and backs up when her companions brought out their arrows and aimed. Before the snake could spit, Yvonne and Coal released their arrows, hitting the snake right in the eye.

HIIIISSSSS!

The poisonous beast threw its head back, and Leona ran at full speed. Jumping off the edge of the building, she raised her burning sword above her head and swung down to the glowing area. Her sword cuts deeply through the flesh, and snake stopped like it had turned to stone. When Leona touched the ground, she landed on her feet and hands, like a cat.

Everyone stood in silence, staring up at the giant snake before them. Once they knew it, the reptile gets blown away by the wind like dust. The knights cheered with joy, and the snakes automatically retreated. They quickly ran up to Leona giving her their thanks. She only laughed nervously at the new attention she was now given.

Zoe sighed when she saw that her knight friend has finally proved herself wrong to the other knights. Then she smiled and looked to Logan. The boy still seemed shaken up witnessing Zoe fight off a mob of snakes with strength alone with a small knife, but relief now washed over him.

The red haired girl lent out a hand to the boy, and he used his good arm to grab it. When she pulled him up, she said, "Maybe I can teach you something."

He knew what she was talking about and laughed, "You know, I'm not a fighter."

With Yvonne and Coal, the two saw the scene below and sighed. "That. . . Was the hardest thing I have ever faced in life." said Yvonne.

Coal only nodded, but felt like disagreeing. He had a hunch that there would be more harder opponents once they continue on their journey for the other Zodiacs. Hearing movement behind them, Coal and Yvonne drew out their arrows, turned and aimed for the person's head at the same time.

The cloaked male chuckled, "Relax. I'm not here to fight this time." A smirk slowly appeared on his face, "I'm just here to congratulate you. So, good job on taking down one of my master's pets."

Yvonne growled and Coal glared. Neither of them released their arrow, but they wanted to.

Seeing their tensed state, the male laughed again, "You two look entertaining. How will face the other snakes ahead? I hope you use a different tactic."

"Just who the hell are you?" The female archer pulled the string of her bow further back.

"I'm the reincarnation of Cetus," the boy replied with a shrug, "The name is Wales." He suddenly disappeared like before, and the duo put their weapons down.

Coal mumbled under his breath, "That guy annoys me."

"Remember! The fun is just getting started!" A voice shouted from the other side. Turning, the duo spotted Wales across them on another building top. He smiled and waved, "So I'll be seeing you guys later! Goodbye for now!" Just like that, he disappeared again.

~A/N~

I didn't know how to end this chapter, to be honest ; _ ; Sorry for not updating in a while too, school is coming up so we should all know what's going on.

Anyways, I have curse and I'm suffering it (Sickness) I don't know when the next update would be so I'm sorry about that too.

~Aquarii-San

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 2K 35
In a universe called Zodea, these twelve individually different teenagers had been accepted into a "normal" highschool, not knowing nor being aware t...
2.1K 111 41
"That explains the color of the sky." I looked up. "It didn't change that much. Now it goes red from time to time." Another statement I shouldn't hav...
24.3K 347 44
The twelve signs of the zodiac are a long forgotten legend. No one knows nor cares what their sign is anymore. However the world is slowly falling ap...
4.7K 169 17
⭒ 𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 ⭒ ♈︎ • ♉︎ • ♊︎ • ♋︎ • ♌︎ • ♍︎ • ♎︎ • ♏︎ • ♐︎ • ♑︎ • ♒︎ • ♓︎ Imagine a world where the twelve constellations in th...