Girl Meets Maya Hart

By dheawidiastri

"So, you just like Lucas because I like him....right?" "No." "So, you like him?&quot... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37

Part 25

2.8K 114 45
By dheawidiastri

"I guess, that part.. not that much of a surprise. But.." Lucas paused.

"But what?"

"The most surpising part is how much it hurts me."

"What hurt you?"

"You, Maya."

"Me? Okay I did some bad things and a few really bad things. But I don't remember hurting someone twice the size of me."

"Not physical. Almost though. When Riley told me you quit. I was hurt."

"Why?"

"I.. guess.."

"No. I don't want guesses or maybes. You know what, let's just drop this. I've hurt Riley enough." I pushed the elevator button.

"Maya, you know I like you."

"Doesn't matter Hopalong. We all know you like me. But not the same way you like Riley. You'd move mountains for her." The elevator door opened and we walked in.

"I'd do anything for my friends."

"You broke the counters at Topanga's when you found out she was being bullied."

"Like I said, I'd do anything for my friends."

"And like I said. You don't like me the way you like Riley."

The elevator door opened and I walked out. Lucas followed me then grabbed my arm.

"You're right. I don't." He stared into my eyes. "I like you way more than I like her."

"That's not possible."

"Why not?"

"Because she's Riley." I smiled. "And I'm Maya."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"You'd be crazy if you pick me over her. She's perfect. Everybody love her."

"Maybe I am crazy. Because I know you're the perfect girl for me."

"Lucas, stop."

"You want me to make a decision, Maya."

"Yeah, before I quit."

"Look, Maya. I'm sorry I didn't have the courage to say this sooner. I'm sorry you had to leave me for me to understand my feelings. But.."

"No more buts.. I'm leaving."

"Maya, wait!" Lucas pulled tigher as I was about to walk away.

"What?"

"Can't you put my feelings into account too? There's a reason why it's called a triangle. There are three feelings involved."

"Right. Three. You know what that feels like? For me? I feel like I have to compete with my best friend, who by the way, has everything. I don't have a dad, barely have a mom, I barely even have a house. Now, I'm supposed to fight my best friend to get a boyfriend? No. I'm sorry but I don't want that."

"Maya.."

"Growing up with Riley, you know how I feel? She had it easy. Everybody loves her. Everything's about her. Riley this and Riley that. And I'm always okay with that. You know why? Because she's great, and I love her. She shares her family with me.  And I'm grateful for that. But you? You are the one thing I can't take from her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87K 2.8K 20
When Maya and Lucas hang out at the park one day, Maya feels as if there may be something between them. But if there is, will she destroy more and mo...
128K 2.5K 67
What if Riley had an older brother? Would relationships have been the same? Would the story have been different? Would've the ships remained the same...
326K 6.8K 70
"𝐈𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧." 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐆𝐢𝐫�...
842 40 38
We got out of the car and walked inside the airport, hand in hand. She was crying on my arm as we walked to where we would part ways. I turned to fac...