Not Your Typical Teenager

By LoveTHiddles

"Darling I'll kill you!" "Oh if you only knew, I'm already dead. And you can't kill the dead." Not everything... More

Chapter One: Meet the Band
Chapter Two: Babysitting
Chapter Three: S.H.I.E.L.D. & A Mad Scientist
Chapter 4: Don't Go In
Chapter 5: A Cry For Help
Chapter 6: Megan Johnson
Author's Note
Chapter 7: Too Late
Chapter 8:Guinea Pig
Chapter 9: "Accident"
Chapter 10: Mission Report
Chapter 11: Waking Up
Chapter 12: Finding Normal
Chapter 13:No More Animals
Chapter 14: Practice Makes Perfect
Chapter 15: Time for Your Mission
Chapter 16: Mission Time
Chapter 17: No Longer A Slave
Chapter 18: You're Kidding
Chapter 19: Not as Free as I Thought
Chapter 20: You Really Shouldn't Have
Chapter 21: We're Too Late, Sir
Chapter 22: Your Call
Chapter 23: Another Tranie
Chapter 24: Time to Begin
Chapter 25: There Was an Idea
Chapter 26: I Am Loki Of Asgard
Chapter 27: Is Everyone Okay?
Chapter 28: Getting Some Members
Chapter 29: Gather The Rest Of The Team
Chapter 30: No That Can't Be Right
Chapter 31: On the Helicarrier
Chapter 33: You're Needed...NOW!
Chapter 34: Preparing
Chapter 35: Ain't Nobody Dancin' Now
Chapter 36: Not So Pleasant Surprises
Chapter 37: All On My Own
Chapter 38: A 'Thank You' Would Be Nice.
Chapter 39: So You Don't Want Me Dead?
Author's Note! Important! Please Read!

Chapter 32: Life, Scars, Apologies

128 9 3
By LoveTHiddles

Jessica's P.O.V. 

"Hey, Jess, what would you like for dinner?" Brooke asked after coming to our house after work.

"Um...grilled cheese and some soup?" I said quietly as I tried to clear my mind. 

"Sounds easy enough, you can go do what you want to do until dinner is ready."

"Can we, uh, talk after dinner? Alone?" I asked looking at my feet.

"Of course! I'm your sister, you can tell me anything, I'll love you no matter what!" 

That's because you haven't heard what I have to say yet, once I've said it you'll be wishing I'd leave the country and not return. I wished that these thoughts weren't true and that what Brooke said was, but I didn't believe Brooke was right. 

For dinner I got very little food, since my appetite seemed to vanish, and I ate extremely slowly. Bekah, who usually takes forever to get finished, was done and running off to go play before I finished my plate. 

"Jess? What's wrong?" Brooke watched me as I pecked at my food with concern written all over her face. 

"Can we talk outside?" I looked at where Bekah had run off to and Brooke took the hint. 

Brooke walked out to the back patio, with me trailing behind. "Now talk what's going on?" She asked after sitting in a lawn chair next to mine. 

"Have you heard about the media's new favorite person, Predator?" I asked my hands shaking.

"She was the media's favorite person. She's dead, or at least that's what I heard on the news. Why do you ask?"

"What did you think of her?" I couldn't even make eye contact with Brooke and I felt as if I was in a different universe. 

"I honestly feared for my family's life. I couldn't tell who she was targeting and why I was horrified. The man who ended her also ended a lot of chaos, he is a hero, at least in my eyes." 

I let out a screech. I threw my face into my hands and began to make ugly sobbing noises as my body shook violently. 

"Jessica?! What's wrong? What did I say?!" Brooke rushed over to me and placed her hand on my back as she begged for a response from me. 

"I can't do this!" I barely got the words out through the sobs. "I've failed! I'm a failure! I can't! I just can't!" 

"What can't you do? What have you failed?" Brooke shook me some trying to get me to look at her, I refused. "What does Predator have anything to do with this? Why does she mean so much to you-" Brooke stopped shaking me and removed her hand off my back. "Jessica are you?" She slowly asked. 

I glanced up at her which was enough to make Brooke go crazy, she had her answer.

"No! Not possible! I don't believe it!" Brooke panicked, only making me feel so much worse. "That's impossible! When? How? I can't see you becoming her, you're lying. Say you're lying!"

I stopped looking at Brooke and stared at the outside of the house. Such lovely walls. 

"Jessica?! JESSICA!? ANSWER ME! I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT! TELL ME I AM WRONG! SAY TO ME THAT YOU'RE KIDDING! JESSICA!" Brooke yelled her voice rising with every word. 

I slowly shook my head. "No, no I'm not. It's all true." 

I finally got my tears together when I realized that it was pointless to cry over her. Someone who had lied to me. Who told me 'I'll love you no matter what, cause that's my job as your big sister.' She didn't mean that, if she did she wouldn't be reacting in this way. I was done crying over broken promises. 

"Oh my gosh," Brooke began to pace the back patio. "I can't believe this."

"Well you better believe it because I'm not lying, but you were," I muttered the last part. I thought Brooke couldn't here me, but I was wrong. She stopped pacing and moved a little bit closer to me.

"What did you say?" Brooke asked her eyes narrowed in a way I couldn't tell if it was threatening or not.

I stood up from my patio chair and shoved it aside. "You heard me! I said that I wasn't lying about this, because what's the point in lying about it? But you on the other hand have lied to me!" 

Brooke looked hurt. "What do you mean 'I've lied to you'? What did I saw that was a lie?"

I leaned forward so I was right up in her face. "How about that you always love and be there for me? Huh? What about that? What happened to love and support? Because it all seems to be gone now that I mentioned a flaw that I have! I'm not flawless, Brooke! I have my mistakes, same as you! But this one wasn't completely my fault, only somewhat!"

"Calm down!" Brooke hollered over my voice. 

"No I won't calm down, I refuse! Why should I calm down?!" I threw my hands in the air to make yelling more dramatic.

"Because you're wrong!" Brooke sighed. "I still do love you, Jessica. It's just that everything that you have told me is a crazy amount of stuff to take in all at once. Try to see this from my side, okay? You're a mother of two toddlers and a wife of a lovingly husband, you're trying to raise and support all of them. You see on the news that a unidentified person has been killing people by the hundreds, daily, in towns close to you. Most of the victims seem to have a bad record, but not all some just seemed to be witnesses. You are afraid to send your kids to daycare, watch your husband go to work, or even leave the house. You're afraid of you or your family becoming on of those witnesses. Then your sisters tells you that she is that person, and you're mind goes crazy and you fear for your family all over again. Can you see where I am coming from?" 

I nodded. "I would never hurt our family."

"But you hurt other people's families." Brooke proved a good point, I had hurt other's families. 

"I know and I regret all of it."

"How did you become this?" Brooke asked.

"I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. A mad scientist took me for his experiments and made me what I am today." I gave her the short story because the full version would take forever.

"And what are you?" She asked a question I was still trying to find out myself. 

"I was a monster, but now I am a hero and I need to prove the world that. I need to show them that Predator, the freak that can turn into animals and control all animal lifeforms, has changed. That I have changed. That I am a better person and only want to help them now."

"How do you plan on doing that?"

I felt like we were playing the game 20 Questions. "With your permission on something. Well, actually, I'll do it with or without your permission, but you may want to know anyways."

"Oh great. What do you half need my permission on?" Brooke rolled her eyes.

"I need to go to Germany. But please before you freak out-"

"WHAT?! GERMANY!? I CAN'T LET YOU LEAVE THE COUNTRY YOUR FATHER WOULD KILL ME!" Brooke's yelling made me think I was going to go deaf.

"So much for before you freak,"  I mumbled. "Brooke please I need to."

"Why? Why do you need to leave the country?"

"You need to trust me on this one. A man from a  group of spy like people, whom I can't name, is helping me understand the difference between good and bad. He understands me, Brooke."

"But why? What's the point in leaving the country?"

"Remember Loki? He stuck last year in New Mexico, and now he is attacking all of Earth. Loki is in Germany, I am needed to stop him. They can't send in another spy because most people will expect them to attack, not a teenage girl like me. Please, Brooke I know I can do this just give me a shot."

After taking a moment to think, Brooke answered. "Okay."

I squealed and gave her a hug. "Thank you!"

"On one condition," Brooke said calmly.

"What's that?" I pulled away from her.

"You tell your dad."

"But what if he doesn't love me anymore?"

Brooke let out a sigh. "Jessica, I believe you thought the same thing about me, and look I still love you just fine. He is your father, he promised to love you no matter what. Just do it."

Remembering how much Coulson needed me, I nodded my agreement to Brooke. "Okay, but please sit in with me during the conversation."

"Deal," Brooke smiled.

"I need to go call the spy guy and tell him that I can do it. Tomorrow my flight leaves."

"I need to get home. Behave and don't leave the country without telling me. Love you bye!" Brooke said giving me a hug.

"Love you too. And I won't, promise. Bye, Brooke!" I hollered after her as she got into her van and drove off.

I was about to call Phil when my phone rang. I looked at it and saw that he was calling me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 104 16
Being trained by HYDRA and the Red Room made you one of the top assassins. Along with filling your life with nightmares, regrets and memories. Fortun...
71.2K 1.2K 78
Y/n Stark, the 15 year old daughter of Tony Stark, has been isolated from the world. The only people who know about her, her parents and godparents...
686K 29.2K 47
The people of Asgard are looking for a new home. They get a warm welcome on Earth, except for Loki. He is treated like a criminal of war, a terrorist...
941 22 7
Y/N Y/LN has been part of the Avengers since the start, she's battled against Loki, Ultron and Hydra. Now the team is her family and everybody loves...