Goddess Of Shendhea

By IncredibleMrsP

Luna Renaud has always been the shy, quiet girl. After a few years of working for a magazine company, she gre... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
End
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue 2

6

13 3 0
By IncredibleMrsP

After a tiring day of shopping with Leo's sister, Kairi, I had finally arrived back home. It's strange thinking of this magical place as home, but it's a good strange, I thought to myself as I walked through the castle entrance with Leo. "Good night, Luna," Leo told me sleepily as we arrived at my room. "Good night, Leo. Thank you for the wonderful day," I said, beaming up at him. He smiled down at me before pulling me into a hug. I nuzzled my hair into his warm chest as he squeezed me. "See you later," I whispered as we pulled away from each other. His lips were parted as though he were going to say something in return, but instead nodded, smiled and turned to walk away. Just before he had turned, I could have sworn that I saw a twinge of sadness in his eyes. Perhaps he misses his sister since I took her away from him today... I thought, with a pang of guilt as I closed the bedroom door behind me. I hadn't realized how exhausted I was until I crashed down on my bed, my body only taking a few seconds to fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.

The next morning, I awoke to the familiar sunlight filtering in through the adjacent windows. I stretched happily, after feeling refreshed from the good night's sleep. Hmmm. I wonder what is on the agenda for today.. I thought absentmindedly to myself as I picked out my outfit for the day. Walking down to the dining room for breakfast, I ran into Maxwell.

"Good morning, Luna," he said, bowing. "Good morning," I replied, a large smile on my face. "Well you look like you woke up on the right side of the bed today!" Maxwell exclaimed. "Yes, I don't know why I am in such a good mood this morning, but it's great!" I answered energetically.

We chatted as we strode the corridors to the dining room. After receiving our breakfast, Maxwell asked me if I'd care to join him eating outdoors. I nodded my head vigorously, as I've always loved the sunshine. "So where are you from?" I asked him as we sat together in the gazebo that looked across the small lake.

"I am neither here, nor there," he chuckled at the confusion that was clearly show on my face. "That's what my mother used to tell me. I have traveled around so much that I don't know where I originated from-" he paused. His face twisted as if deciding something, and he continued, " You know, she used to be a very powerful sylph. My mother used to be able to control the weather". I smiled as I thought about Maxwell's mother; I wonder if she was a loving mother. All of a sudden I felt a wave of happiness wash over me.

"That's how I feel about her," Maxwell whispered. "How did you know that's what I was thinking?" I asked him, wide-eyed. He smiled and told me, "You were smiling," he winked at me," you're very easy to read, especially for someone who can literally read people's emotions".

I blushed at the thought of him reading my emotions, but smiled as well. There had been a question I had been wanting to ask, but I hesitated, not knowing if it was okay to ask. "What's on your mind?" Maxwell asked me, curiously.

"Why me?" I blurted out. Maxwell looked as if he was relieved, before answering. "You see, usually the next Goddess in line is a descendant of the prior Goddess, except our most recent Goddess never had any children." He told me, looking forlorn. "How long do Goddesses usually rule for?" I asked him. "Hundreds of years at the very least. It all depends on how long they desire to rule for, and how ready their daughter is. Time moves much more slowly in this realm than the one you previously resided in". He told me, watching my reaction as my eyes became wide. "You mean you are hundreds of years old?" I exclaimed in horror, my hands flying up to cover my cheeks. "Yes, but since you don't have your powers yet, we are continuing to fade. We are only at full potential when by a goddess with her full powers." Maxwell continued before being cut off by another voice.

"Haha! You look like a fish," the approaching voice laughed out loud. Startled, I looked up to find that it was Julius the voice belonged to. "Good Morning Julius," I sighed, catching my breath. "Aww, aren't happy to see your favorite person?" he smiled, lightly pinching my cheeks. Next, he turned to maxwell, "Mind if I steal Luna?" Maxwell visibly stiffened before replying, "Of course, Julius." Maxwell bowed and retreated to the castle with our plates.

Julius turns to me with an outstretched hand, "Care to join me, Luna?". I twisted my face into a small smile and took his hand and he pulled me close. "There's somewhere I'd like to take you". He murmured in my ear before escorting me along toward the castle. We're going back into the castle? I thought to myself as he led me through the winding halls. After suspiciously looking both ways, Julius pulled me through a door and led me up a spiral staircase, his fingers entwined with mine the entire time.

Though the morning sun was shining brightly in my eyes, they couldn't help but go wide as I took in the view; We were on a large balcony in the highest tower of Castle Shendhea. Hanging onto the railing, I took in all of the city surrounding us and the greenery way off in the distance. I smiled as a warm wind lifted my hair and an amazing scent of lavender filled my nostrils. I closed my eyes to feel the warm breeze on my skin when suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. Gasping, I had completely forgotten Julius was there with me.

"Get off of me," I spun around, growling at him. "Oh come on, Goddess, I just want to have a little fun," he smirked, winking at me. Groaning, I pushed him away and stalked back down the stairs. "I can't believe you," I spoke loudly as I heard his footsteps behind me. I was about to say something else to him, when he covered my mouth with his hand. What is he doing? Is he going to...hurt me? I glanced wildly at him, but he smiled and held one finger up to his lips. Still scared of what he was going to do to me, I obeyed.

In the stillness of the silence, I heard a pair of footsteps walking briskly toward our direction. I was suddenly jerked back into the corner against his body. His hand still over my mouth, I listened as the footsteps grew closer. "Where is she?" the voice muttered. Was that Maxwell? I thought to myself as I listened carefully. Once Julius had heard retreating footsteps, he slowly uncovered my mouth. A slight blush rose to my cheeks as I realized that he had his arm around my waist still.

After clearing my throat, I took a step back from Julius, but he had other plans. He took another step toward me and I felt my back hit the wall of the narrow passageway. Julius took my hand and kissed it. Leaving a trail of hot kisses on my arm. "You know," he whispered as his kisses wound up at the base of my neck,"we would make sparks fly if you let me kiss you. The mouth holds the most powerful magic". "Nn-no," I tried to say through the shivers he was giving me. "Fair enough," he said, stepping away, and a small pang of rejection spread through my body. "But just know this, I will not give up the fight until you're mine," he said, smirking. He turned to walk away- "Wait!" I whisper-yelled at him.

"Want me back so soon, eh?" he sauntered over to me. "No I just wanted to ask you why we are hiding." "Well," he started, " this tower is off limits to everyone including the Goddess. Especially the Goddess." He looked at me with a small smile. "Why did you take me up here then? And Why can't anyone go up there?" I asked, curiously. "This tower is restricted because hundreds of years ago, someone had put a spell on the tower. When our Goddess disappeared, we had found a small trinket of hers on the balcony. It just seemed fishy. Plus, Who said that the Goddess should never get to have any fun. " I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Why would you take the new Goddess somewhere dangerous? I thought you were supposed to be keeping me safe." I said in a panicked tone.

"Oh you're fine. I've been up there many times since then and nothing bad has happened to me." He sighed.

"But you're not the Goddess. You're not even a woman, how would you know it wouldn't affect me?" I screamed at him in a hushed tone. "There have been women up here since then," Julius told me, smiling.

I felt my gut wrench as I thought of the other girls he had been taking up there. Not saying another word to Julius, I turned and jogged away, hoping he wouldn't follow me. I didn't even think of where I was going, so I ended up sitting at the edge of the pier on the small lake. I held my chest as I breathed heavily from running. Why am I this affected by him? He's a snake...I thought in my head but other parts of me said otherwise.

In the same moment that I sighed, I heard a small bloop in the water. I poked my head up to see what made the noise and nearly screamed.

"You scared me!" I yelled across the lake. Kailani smiled,"Sorry Goddess, didn't mean to alarm you," he responded smoothly as he gracefully swam toward me. "Would you like to join me?" he asked me with a smile upon his face. Blushing, I told him I didn't have a swimsuit with me. All I have is my bra and underwear or jump in fully clothed. I'm not sure if it is acceptable for a Goddess to do that. I thought to myself but was pulled out of my thoughts by a cool voice. "I won't judge you for either choice, and there's nobody else here." I beamed at him and without thinking, jumped from the edge of the dock. "Haha!" I giggled as I resurfaced. "This feels fantastic!" I added with a wide grin on my face as I waded in the cool, still water.

"You know," he started as he swam closer to me. "You are adorable when you laugh like that." Kailani reached out to wipe away a dripping wet hair from my face. That's when I noticed his hands. How had I not noticed until now? It seems hard to miss. He must have noticed the strange look on my face as had stopped, a blue, webbed hand raised mid-air. "This is what happens in the water." He said quickly as not to disturb me. "I'm sorry," I told him. "It was just a shock..I-I didn't expect it." I couldn't tell if I was shivering from the cold or from his strange hands. Kailani noticed the shiver rip through my body and asked to escort me back to the warmth of the castle. Nodding, I turned and started for the shore. As we trudged through the shallow water to dry land, I peeked out of the corner of my eye and sure enough, his feet were the same way. That's when another shiver plunged down my spine. I wrapped my arms tightly around my body and we headed back toward the castle.

As we walked in through the front door, Maxwell met us in the entrance. "Are you alright?" he squeaked as he saw my soaked clothes.

"Yes, Thank you," I replied, a blush rising to my cheeks as I thought of my reckless behavior. "I just had a little run in with some water," I added, lamely. He looked worried, but nodded nonetheless. "Luna, there's something I must tell you," he said slowly, trying to gauge my reaction. "We have to move your ceremony up to tomorrow. We need to regain full strength as quickly as we can..." He trailed off as he saw the horrified look on my face. I have one day to choose who I spend forever with?

That night, I had an awful nightmare. I was lost in the forest, running aimlessly through the thick, overgrown trees. After what seemed like forever, I stumbled upon Leo. "Help me!" I screamed as I ran toward him.

"Help you? Why would I help you?" He turned around and his eyes were a blazing red color.

"Leo.. What happened to you?" I asked him. Without answering me, he showed me a crooked smile before chanting some words I couldn't understand. Suddenly, five thick vines shot out from the earth. Before I could move a muscle, two wrapped their thorns into my wrists. I screamed in pain as another two clenched onto my ankles. I watched as the fifth one was about to wrap its thorny arms around my throat. I closed my eyes in fear and waited for the pain to pierce me, but it never did. I opened my eyes and suddenly I was floating in a black void.

I watched as a floor materialized and I gently floated down to it. "Hello?" I yelled into the darkness. "Hello," a voice whispered in my ear. Jumping from the sudden noise, I spun around and was face to face with Maxwell. He also had a set of glowing crimson eyes and as I noticed I looked around for a way out of this mess. "Don't even try, I've locked us in here," maxwell added calmly as a whoosh of wind lifted the tips of my hair. How do I get away from this madman? I thought as I stared at him. "Madman? Oh don't be so modest," he grinned as he pushed his hand toward me and a rush of wind knocked me over.

I closed my eyes and winced, waiting for my body to hit the ground, but it didn't. I opened my eyes again and I was falling into a blackness with colors blurring around me. After a few more seconds, the colors turned to deep reds and oranges. Then I felt the heat.

This time, I landed with a loud thud on the hard ground. I gasped as all around me wisps of fire flickered fiercely. I jumped as I heard a cackling laugh a few feet away from me. Sure enough it belonged to Julius with glowing red eyes. Of course this is actually normal for him, but he didn't seem friendly in this situation. I noticed they grew brighter as he raised his hands as if conjuring a powerful spell. In an instant the flames rose higher and engulfed my body. I closed my eyes and screamed as the pain seared through my entire being.

I suddenly sprang upright. Sweating with tears steadily streaming down my rosy cheeks, I tried to catch my breath as I panted heavily. It took me a couple seconds to realise I was in my bed. It was all just a dream. I told myself as I tried to fall back asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

877K 32.6K 53
♔︎𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞♔︎ ❝𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍? 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚘�...
483 96 16
To victory, we march, breaking oppression's chain, Till the dawn of shadows heralds our reign. **** Akeshia used to be a place where mages, hunters...
39 1 14
Sold at a young age and raised to be a warrior, Cleo finds herself in a world of secrets, death and prophecy. She soon finds herself training in the...
4K 1.7K 51
Cover by: @Caitlyn-Blayne "After the great war, King Archeron, who was not yet a king, was the obvious choice to be the monarch of Avenlea. He poss...