Ice Cold

By dark_victory

Alexis Reed, known as Lex, lives in a small town named Redwood. She finds herself having to take care of her... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Fourteen

28 3 1
By dark_victory

          Connor's head twitched to the side but he was still lowering his mouth to my neck. Connor was seconds before biting me so I did the first thing that popped into mind. I leaned forward and kissed him. It took Connor a few seconds to realize what was happening but then his grip loosened and his fangs receded.

          Connor blinked, his eyes returning to amber-gold before he closed his eyes and reached one hand up to cup my face. He then lowered his other arm to my lower back. My arms went around his neck, one hand raking through his hair. He broke away then, he looked like he was about to kiss me again, but as if he'd realized what just happened he shot back a few feet from me.

          He stood there for a minute, just as dazed as I was. He looked back up at me once more and I could see a shocked, yet lusting expression on his face before he recomposed himself. Neither of us spoke for a moment. "Thank you, Lex, for stopping me and I'm sorry, both for my loss of control for your blood and my loss of control of the past few moments" Connor said and I looked back up at him.

          "It's okay, you don't have to be sorry," I said.

          Connor gave me a smile, showing his dimples before he looked back up at me with shinning amber-gold eyes. "Come, let's get you cleaned up," Connor said, taking my hand and leading me to the bathroom. Light came in through a high-up window.

          "I'll be back in a moment," Connor said and the breeze of his vampire speed brushed across my face.

          Connor appeared less than a second later holding a tin bucket of water with a clean rag on the side. Connor picked me up and set me on top of the sink and I concealed a gasp. He sank the washcloth in the water and then gently grabbed my hand and started wiping the dried blood away. I winced as the cut began to sting and Connor lessened the pressure.

          When he was done he looked up at me for a few moments, "what?" I asked.

          "I'm sorry for hurting you," he said.

          "You didn't hurt me though," I said.

          "Yes I did, I scared you, I've inflicted emotional pain on you," Connor said.

          "You didn't scare me, I just did what I knew was for the best," I said.

          "I'm not sure it was for the best," Connor said with a grin.

          "I'm talking about stopping you from biting me," I said, shoving him and he smiled, "and why do you think the... other thing wasn't for the best?" I asked.

          "Kissing you was a bad idea, you know that too, I'm not meant to be with a human," Connor said, looking down.

          "Fair enough," I said, lightly kicking him in the knee, "but you should do what you want, it's your life and you should have a say in it," I said and he looked up at me.

          "You know as well as I do that my parents would never let me be with who I want, it's against their royal vampire beliefs" Connor said, looking me in the eye.

           I shrugged as he put a Band-Aid on my hand, never breaking eye contact. He helped me off the sink and then walked out the bathroom, pulling me along with him. "Where are the others?" I asked.

          "Scouting the area," Connor answered simply.

          "Is that why they didn't come to the room when they heard me shout?" I asked.

          "They probably heard you and are on their way now," Connor said and as if on cue, all four of the other vampires rushed through the door.

          They looked between Connor and I. Connor was leaning against the wall, looking bored. They then looked at my hand with the Band-Aid on it. "Did you─?" Chase started.

          "No, I didn't bite her, she got cut on a dagger," Connor explained.

          "Is that her─," Emma started, her eyes shining crimson now.

          Connor got up and jumped between us, giving a small growl, "yes, it is her blood that smells like that, but I ordered all of you not to touch her unless it was to protect her," Connor said calmly but firm at the same time.

          "Yes, my lord," Emma muttered, looking away from him.

          Connor confused me more than anyone ever had in my whole life. One minute he was saying he shouldn't have kissed me and the next he was protecting me. I wasn't sure how he really felt. I wasn't even sure how I felt.

          Connor walked out the house, looking behind him to make sure I was following. Parker, Chase, Emma, and Skye followed behind me as if they were trying to make sure nothing got me from behind. Parker was beside Connor within a second, the breeze he caused blowing my hair to one side. "Why is she marked so heavily in your scent?" Parker asked.

          I glanced behind me to see the others of the clan listening to the conversation. "She did sleep in my room last night," Connor said calmly.

          "That causes her to be that heavily scented?" Parker asked.

          Connor cut his eyes at Parker then, "yes, I suppose so," Connor said and cast me a look.

          I could tell he wanted to keep the kiss a secret. I gave him a slight nod and he walked over to me. He swiftly and effortlessly picked me up. He then turned around and started running through the woods in a blur. I heard the four others of Connor's clan take off after us, one at a time.

          Connor stopped about half a minute later and started walking. I could see my house through the trees. I wondered how deep in the woods we had to of been last night for Connor to run vampire speed for thirty seconds. He gently set me down and I started walking beside him.

          I was only 5'5 while Connor was about 6'2 so he towered over me. I looked up at him as the sun shone behind him and was once again struck by the beauty vampires possessed. I glanced behind me to see the others from Connor's clan following close behind us. We exited the trees and walked through my backyard to my door.

          The door swung open and my parents both wrapped me in a hug. I hugged them back and glanced over my shoulder. Parker, Chase, Emma, and Skye had disappeared in the woods but I was sure they were still close and watching. The only person still here was Connor.

          My parents pulled pack and beamed down at me, "we're so happy you're safe!" My mom exclaimed.

          I pointed at Connor, "thank him and his clan," I said.

          My mom instantly turned toward Connor, "thank you, Connor, for keeping my daughter safe," my mom said in a grateful, yet serious tone.

          Connor nodded, "my pleasure, Mrs. Reed," he replied.

          "Such a gentleman," my mom said with a smile and then looked back at me.

          "Here, before I forget," Connor said and handed me the dagger Hayden gave me.

          "Thank you, I'd almost forgotten it at that house," I said.

          He smiled and then I heard plundering inside and I turned around to see Hayden. He had a few cuts on his face and a bruise on his jaw, but other than that I saw nothing else wrong. Hayden gave me a grin that I returned and walked up to me.

          "I'm glad you're safe, Lex," Hayden said and then a confused look passed over his face and he looked over to Connor.

          They stared at each other for a moment before Hayden turned back to me. "How did it go?" He asked, sounding suspicious.

          "I'll tell you later," I said and turned back to Connor, "thanks, again," I said.

          "No problem," he said and then turned to Hayden, "I'll see you tomorrow," he said.

          "Yeah," Hayden replied and then Connor was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 63.6K 56
"Cassie," Aaron says. "I have detention. For two hours." My mouth drops open. "Fuck me," I groan. "Sorry," he smirks. "But you're not my type." ...
218K 5.9K 52
You are a vampire in a school with vampires and humans but you don't know what kind of a vampire you are. The other vampires aren't aware of you bein...
270 7 31
Tamara lives in a small town in central Indiana - the third that she and her adoptive father Roger have inhabited over as many years. Two years ago...
292K 10.3K 46
This isn't your typical nerdy girl falls in love with the jock book ... what happens when you put bad with new? Meet Lexi Reed, the 18 year old rebel...