The Lost Potter

By read_write_thrive

(Sorry about the working title, brainstorming left me empty handed) Sybil never finished the prophecy. While... More

The Complication
The First Year.
Orphaned.
Lessons.
Ready For School?
The Encounter
Diagon Alley
The Hogwarts Express
The First Night at Hogwarts
The First Day
Wide Awake Part 1
Wide Awake Part 2
Wide Awake Part 3
Bruises and Scars
A New Schedule
Happy Holidays
The New Home
Training AND Bonding!
Continuing the Plan
Breaking the News
Unfinished Business
Come On!
A Visit from the Candyman
Finally
Back Into Civilisation
Home Sweet Home
Hello, Again.
Recap
Animal Friends
The Girl in the Low Shack
The Tell-All
The First Attack
Trapped
The Second Visit to Hogwarts
Hello, again. Again.
New and Old Friends
When Plans Fall Through
Walking The Dog
Merry Christmas Potters Part 1
Merry Christmas Potters Part Two
Somewhow Even Worse
No Clue
So Complicated
Priorities
Discovery
Momentum
The Big Reveal
Explanations
Enter Snivellus
We're going to be in so much trouble
The Rat be a Rat
The Reveal
The Old Foes
Is This the End?
Author's Note/ SEQUEL

Home Sweet Home

6.3K 148 76
By read_write_thrive

Stepping off the train and waving goodbye to her friends, she set off to try and find the platinum-blonde haired snob who had hidden from her the whole ride.

"Draco?" She asked aloud, peering through the crowd. She rolled her trunk along behind her as she walked around the platform, until she was eventually grabbed up suddenly and apparated away.

"Hey!" Olivia exclaimed, wrenching herself free of the man's grasp. It was only then that she realised who it was that was holding her- Mr. Malfoy himself.

"You ungrateful little rat, be glad I decided to take you back at all after all your little stunts!" Lucius hissed, smacking her upside the head for emphasis.

"I-I-I'm sorry," She stuttered, keeping her eyes to the ground. Lucius snarled at her and grabbed her by the ear.

"I'll deal with you later. You're to silently stay in your room until further notice. Is that understood, wench?" Lucius waited for her timid nod before throwing her into her room.

Olivia unpacked her trunk slowly, knowing she didn't have much else to do afterwards. Once she'd reached the bottom and let out Czar, she plopped down on her bed and closed her eyes.

Harry? She tried, but it seemed to be much harder to do than usual. She tried again before her head started to hurt and she gave up. Maybe her powers weren't that developed.

Her thoughts wandered to Harry then. She'd convinced him to go home for the holidays simply because the rest of the trio was and that she wanted to talk to them on the train. Although the Dursleys lived closer than Hogwarts, she started to genuinely feel bad that she'd asked him to go back to such a harsh place.

Speaking of harsh places, Olivia could hear Lucius's booming voice from somewhere else in the house. A few moments later she heard stomping from that direction, and the door across the hallway from her slammed shut.

She peered through the lock in her door to see it was Draco's door that had slammed shut. Olivia grabbed one of the marbles she kept around for this occasion and rolled it under the two doors.

She'd apparently caught his attention, and so he quietly opened the door and peered out into the hall. The coast was clear, and so he closed the door behind him and scampered over to her door. Olivia opened the door for him and let him inside.

"It's great to see you again," Olivia said as she opened her arms for a hug. Draco, who tried to pretend he'd outgrown such childish things, kept it short before pulling away.

"Father and I were arguing," Draco explained, "He cursed me for saying you shouldn't be punished. He doesn't understand it's all that stupid Potter's fault!" Draco fumed, obviously worked up over it.

"Hey, hey it's fine, really. I'm going to be punished anyway, don't get yourself in trouble." She coaxed, sitting cross-legged on her bed and motioning for Draco to do the same.

"You shouldn't be punished for what Potter does, it's not right." Draco hugged, lowering his voice.

"Harry didn't do anything, okay, that was all me. Don't start blaming him," Olivia started, but shook her head. It was no use- as long as Draco and Harry fought without her around she couldn't fix it.

"But-" Draco started up again.

"Just drop it, okay?" Olivia snapped, tired of talking about it.

"I won't drop it," Draco raised his voice once again, "You're just letting yourself be punished just to stand up for that brat!"

"I'm not letting myself be anything! Your father would punish me for anything he wants to, and we have no say in it!" Her voice cracked at the end as a sob rose in the back of her throat.

"Maybe you just need to stand up for yourself for once," Draco snapped back, both of their tempers flaring.

"You think I haven't tried?!" Tears started flowing as she smacked the bed beside her out of frustration, "I  don't even know how I could stand up to him without being punished even further! Not that you'd know what his punishments are like."

Draco's mouth hung open for a moment, speechless at her comment. Once he gathered his thoughts again he spoke up, "If you don't want me standing up for you, fine. You've obviously given up." And with that, Draco stormed off into his own room for the second time that day.

Olivia was too worked up to just let her emotions simmer down, and proceeded to trash her room out of frustration. She didn't even do it the easy way and use her new powers, she started physically throwing knickknacks and knocking down furniture. The noise resounded through the house, and soon enough heavy footsteps marched their way to her door, slamming it open.

"What is going on, here?" Lucius growled from behind clenched teeth.

"I'm trashing your stuff. And you know what? Punish me! Go ahead! I'm sick and tired of living under your tyrannical reign!" She shouted at him, her fury overflowing her senses. He tried to make his way over to her, but her eyes flashed and a bedside table sailed towards his side. Whipping his wand in that direction, the table exploded midair.

Olivia's eyes widened at the response. Trying again, the dresser tried to crash into him, being stopped again by his wand. Her fear really started to kick in as everything in the room tried to attack its owner. Lucius deflected it all with a blast, his wordless magic as powerful as she'd ever seen it. Suddenly she realised there was no winning this battle, and that she had to get out of there fast.

Olivia backed away from him, snatching up her wand and trying to make it to a window. Unfortunately, Lucius saw right through her plan and rushed towards her before she could get anywhere close enough to the window.

Olivia's mind raced with fear and hatred for the man coming towards her, and her mouth shouted the one curse that she had left.

"Avada Kedarva!"She flicked her wand at him, the powerful curse sailing it's way towards her assailant.

Lucius's eyes flashed with terror as the red light flew towards him. Yet, while he was terrified, he knew that this was not the end. In that split second, his brain decided that if he died, he was going to haunt anyone who'd disgraced the name of Malfoy.

The curse, thankfully, sailed just to the right of him, the sheer power of it blasting through the wall behind him. Lucius covered his face with his arm from the blast, and was soon upon the young girl.

Grabbing a fistful of her disgusting black curls, he lifted her up so that they were face to face, using his other hand to hold his wand directly at her face.

"Now you've done it, you filthy half blood. The Aurors will be here any second now, ready to drag your pathetic excuse for a witch off to Azkaban." Lucius threw her on to the bed, and pinned her down by her arms until said Aurors arrived.

Olivia blocked out all noise as the Aurors handcuffed her and interrogated Lucius. All she could focus on we're her steadily streaming tears and Draco's horrified face as he watched it all unfold.

"I'm sorry!" She cried out it him, not wanting their maybe last words to each other being a fight. He shouted something back, but she couldn't make out the noise before the Aurors apparated her away.

~~

Boom. Everything's going wrong. As most of my stories go.

Just a warning-there's going to be a pretty big time jump in the next chapter, mostly because, if you couldn't already tell, I suck at writing Hogwarts. Like I am nowhere close to JK when it comes to that, so I'm just not even going to try.

Anyway, please leave feedback and I hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

780K 16.6K 141
What if Harry Potter had a twin sister but she got seperated from Harry after what happened the night He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named came and visited the P...
33.6K 935 21
I'm sure you've heard of Harry Potter and how he defeated the dark lord, Lord Voldemort. But what if he has the sister, a twin sister to be exact, w...
234K 4.3K 49
You would think being Harry Potter's twin sister would make her off limits to the Slytherin Prince. However, he really only sees this as a bit of a c...
2.8K 37 42
It was the start of a new school year at Hogwarts, and students excitedly ran with their trolleys to reach 9 ¾. Lots of excitement can be heard on th...