Dreaming of You - on hold

By LidyWilks

Sharon's life has gone down the crapper. Her latest client, former middle school mate and golden boy Justin B... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 Sneak Peek
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 6

76 4 2
By LidyWilks

Sharon never thought it possible but her heart dashed and scattered like ash when she immediately spotted Casey and his fiancee seated in the middle of the restaurant. Looking all cozy and as if they were the only two people there, if you believe the cliche. She felt like a voyeur but nothing about the situation was enjoyable. Even less so when the pale as chalk woman with banshee hair leaned over and repeatedly brushed her lips against her man's mouth.

The bitch! Why not pee on him!

Sharon thought herself a reasonable woman. But never had she felt so mad. No livid, boiling red lava rage against someone in her entire life. What were the odds that the scene she was forced to watch was done on purpose?

Ever since she received the wedding invite, her life's been a mess. Now, because she promised Kim, she had to suffer a lunch with the source of her misery. No her curse.

Sharon stealed herself. It'd been more than enough time to move on from Casey. Even though he'd never wanted to get married, he actually found someone he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. She doubted any of the men or any man she'll meet from now on would make her feel anything as close as she felt for him. But she was going to try to get through the next few weeks to the wedding best she could. So far, dating again was her only solution. It was either that or walk over hot coals.

Aware of the stinging burns of her nails biting into her palm, Sharon relaxed and flexed her fingers. And after two deep breaths, she removed her jacket and walked toward their table, chanting inside to her head to smile. Because from the tight feeling of her face, as if she'd had a bad botox job done, Sharon was almost sure her facial muscles weren't working.

She stopped in front of their time, relieved that they hadn't deepened the kiss and were already pulling away from each other. They turned their heads as one to look up at her and Sharon thought it best to get over it. She turned her smile to full wattage, stuck out her hand and said, "Hi, congratulations. I'm-"

"Omigod, you must be Sharon," gushed the woman. She jumped out of her seat, her perfect manicured talons, reached across from her. Before Sharon could run away she was caught in a vice like hug. "I've heard so much about you."

Heard much about her did she?

Well she didn't hear a damn thing about her. That's for sure. Not until she read their wedding invitation. First stealing Casey from her and now she want to act like besties?

Ugh, what am I thinking, thought Sharon. She shook her head and reminded herself that Casey's not hers. He hadn't been for a long time. She has to stop thinking like that, move on and congratulate him.
She can do this. Besides Casey was the one who set up this meeting. All she had to do was be cool, listen what he had to say and be out of there. First half of her promise, and then some, complete.

Sharon disentangled herself as gently as she could. She grasped the woman's shoulders and put some distance between them. "Good things I hope. Barbara, right?"

She straightened her back, let go of the woman, turned and smiled at Casey. Grasping the chair opposite them, Sharon asked as she sat down, "As I was saying. Congrats. Which I could've said over the phone. So why are we meeting in your favorite restaurant?"

Sharon smiled inwardly as Casey's jaw tightened. He'd probably thought she said that on purpose. Oh well, he could think whatever he want. After letting me sit and wait, thinking he might forgive me. Then be together again one day. His discomfort was not her concern. If the didn't want to be reminded of the past, on purpose or not, he shouldn't have the three of them here of all places.

Despite her desire to keep calm, Sharon felt the hot pinpricks behind her eyes as the memory of the last time they came to the Italian restaurant. She willed the tears back but unfortunately wasn't as successful in keeping the source of her near tears at bay.

Sharon had been six weeks pregnant. She couldn't believe it. A tiny life was inside of her and though Casey had told her before they started their relationship he never wanted to have kids, she thought he'd be just as happy as her. Oh, he'd be shocked at first. But they were both everything they wanted in a partner. And they'd been together for a year and a half. Settling down and starting a family was obviously the next step.

She shouldn't have counted her chickens. Because by the end of the night and all through the next week Sharon cried until her face looked like a puffer fish.

Barbara cleared her throat and interrupted Sharon's thoughts. Possibly the only good thing she'd done so far. But Sharon spoke to herself too soon.

"Actually, it was my idea to invite you to lunch." Barbara blushed and stretched her hand across the red-white checkered table cloth to grasp Casey's hand.

Sharon arched her brow. She didn't like where this was going.

"I've heard so much about you and your son CJ. You're both a part of Casey and...I- we, will love it if CJ will be ring bearer."

The noise of the restaurant disappeared and Sharon had trouble breathing. She started at Casey and his fiancee, her mouth opening and closing like a fish gasping for air. She did not hear what she just heard. Getting an invitation to their nuptials was bad enough. Now this? When did she jump, more like was pushed, into the fire.

"Y-you want," said Sharon, unable to stop the incredulous tone in her voice. "My son-"

"Our son," interjected Casey, speaking up for the first time. "Yes. We want CJ to be part of the wedding."

"If it's alright with you," added Barbara, leaning forward.

If it's alright with her? Alright with her? No matter the answer given it'd be Sharon who had to have suffer. If she said no like she was dying to then she'd be no better than like the vicious mothers, who purposely block fathers from seeing their children. If she said yes, she'll have front row seats of the disgusting public display of affection she saw earlier. Worse, she'll be constantly reminded that Casey's bride is not her.

That she could deal with as long as she was so far away from the event she could pretend it was a figment of her imagination. A horrible, horrible imagination. But with CJ as ringbearer, as his mother she'll be a part of the festivities as well from association.

The waiter picked the moment of silence to ask for their orders. Saved by the waiter thought Sharon as she ordered her favorite grilled chicken fettuccine alfredo and a glass of their Cabernet Sauvignon. She didn't hear what Casey and Barbara ordered as her mind was still weighing the pros and cons of saying no or yes.

Besides she still had to sit down and talk to CJ that his dad was getting married. She'd put it off long enough and planned to do it today. Asking her son if he'd like to carry the rings as well were more than she think she can handle.

The waiter returned with their drinks and quickly sipped her wine as she studied Barbara. Who by the nervous smile on her face and fidgeted in her seat, planned to continue where they left off.

"Actually," Barbara said with a slight tremor in her voice.

Yup, just like I thought.

"Casey and I, talked it over. And we'd really love it if CJ and you too, can be part of the wedding."

Sharon couldn't decide what was worse. Having to look and listen to the crazy woman before her. Or drinking anymore of the cabernet which tastes like bitter grapes squeezed with a handheld juicer that hadn't been washed for months.

She gulped the rest of her wine and nearly cracked the stem as she placed her glass on the table. Sharon squared her shoulders, looked into Barbara's hopeful face and Casey's suspicious gaze, deciding to tell them the truth.

"That's kind of you," said Sharon. "But-"

"But what," demanded Casey.

"But I'm not sure how he's going to take this. His daddy getting married."

"You mean, you haven't told him," accused Casey, his voice dripping incredulously. "Unbelievable. Probably on purpose too. That's just like you."

"No what's unbelievable is you disappearing for weeks. Leaving me to tell your son that your absences didn't mean you don't love him," snapped Sharon. "It's your damn wedding, you're the one who should be explaining this. Not me."

Casey went red and his whole body tensed up like a rock. Sharon braced herself for his retort but Barbara tugged on his hand and shook her head.

Sharon narrowed her eyes and zoomed in at their entwined hands. Whatever scathing response he had to say was immediately doused by a simple touch and nod. It disappeared, poofed into thin air, Sharon wondered if she'd imagined the animosity seconds before.

Nothing she'd ever done to pacify him after their fights ever worked. Instead they wouldn't talk or see each other for days. Afterwards they'd pick up the relationship like nothing happened. They wouldn't talk about it. They'd just moved on.

But with her hand she had a calm and mellow Casey as if he'd just had the best weed blunt in his entire life.

"You're right," said Barbara, looking apologetic. "We should've talked to CJ first. Maybe both of you together. But we thought it'd be better if we asked you instead..."

There's that damn 'we' again. We, we, we. Oh what was she doing here? If only Barbara was a fat, ugly, hateful bitch. She'd have no problem hitting her where it'll hurt. But what can she do when the woman was being nice. Considerate.

Rather get into another argument and be done with lunch as soon as possible, Sharon simply nodded and tore her gaze from Barbara's implored face. Needing something to do and avoid the love struck, happy couple before, who've entered their own world again, she picked up her glass and drained the rest of the wine.

Her eyes watered at the sight and threatened to spill over when she finally looked at the one thing she wanted to avoid the most. The only thing that can crumble to dust the last piece of her dignity. And it did, glinting innocently in its 6 carat wonder at her. A solitaire and mountain of a diamond on a silver band, most likely platinum, that should be resting on Sharon's finger.

"That's why we thought," continued Barbara. She reached over, grasped and softly squeezed Sharon's hand. Sharon jumped at the touch."That CJ as ring bearer would be great way for us to come together. As a family."

The engagement ring glinted tauntingly from the hand holding Sharon's own. Her eyes burned at the sight of the diamond, the one she always thought she'd wear on her ring finger. She followed Barbara's hand, up to her floral print dress, long wavy hair and up to her hopeful and determined face.

She flexed her fingers out of Barbara's grip when she was saved from giving an answer on the matter by the waiter yet again.

Sharon breathed a sigh of relief and hoped that like Casey, Barbara wasn't big on conversation during a meal as she ordered another glass of Cabernet.

**

Justin had seen Dr. Cooper entered the restaurant and went still as his eyes followed the curves bursting out from under her jacket. And when she removed it, he had an incredible urge to tear off the simple black dress she wore and lick every inch of her body. Worship it like the exemplary piece of art it was. A brickhouse. Hell the song was probably made for her.

Not good, thought Justin as he shifted in his chair and thought of things like bat sonar in a futile attempt to get his erection down.

Damn the woman. How was she able to set his desire for her into a raging inferno for her? And which was worse when she was in the same room as him. If he hadn't had control of himself, he'd ditch this lunch meeting, take her to the bathroom and bury his cock deep inside her over the sink.

This was why he needed a new therapist. He could feel his control crumbling bit and bit. Justin knew deep in his gut that if he didn't the life he managed to rebuilt after the divorce will be over. He needed a new therapist and fast. One that'd accept his company's health insurance plan. And to placate Ron, who he knew would be furious if he'd find out he won't be going back to Dr. Cooper.

If the situation were different he would've tried hitting on her. Wined and dined her. With an all night, back to back session of incredible sex back at her place, for dessert. He could almost imagine lifting the doctor by her phat ass and taking her up against the wall before moving to her bedroom for round two.

But just as his lust for her almost took his breath away. Warning bells were screaming from the depths of his soul. His earlier instincts when he first met her were not wrong. She was a dangerous woman.

Only one other woman made him feel the way he was feeling. And look how that worked out.

When he left her office after their first session, he promised himself he'd never come back again. Even with the receptionist out front, he didn't trust himself to not act on his desires. Partly the reason he ran out of there.

Trying to keep himself in check while trapped alone in a room with her last time was pure torture. One he didn't want to revisit. Just as much as the memories she stirred up with her question.

Justin tore his eyes away and pulled on his pants leg as he willed himself to concentrate on the conversation at the table. And not care who she was meeting.

This business lunch with Eric Shaw, the director of DC Office of Planning and some of his staff, was more important. And would be the first of many. Last thing he wanted to do was to impress everyone there as the guy with the raging hard on.

He glanced at Ron and saw that he was in his element. Already he had the entire table chortling and jostling each other like they were old school friends. And found himself easily joining in and sharing his own jokes.

Yet, every so often his eyes traveled back to the table he saw her approach earlier. He didn't know what was going on but one thing was obvious and that Dr. Cooper was the dreaded third wheel.

He felt a stab of pity for her and wondered why she didn't take the hint and leave. Although she tried to hide it, he could tell that she was angry and sad. He could feel the density of her emotions from across the room as it threatened to engulf the three of them. With everyone in the restaurant as collateral damage.

Despite himself Justin longed to take her into his arms and absorb all of her pain. Even if comforting her would mean the end of him. If he could make her smile it'd be worth it.

All too soon, lunch was over and they were shaking hands and exchanging business cards. Ron already left in a rush, his cell pressed to his ear as he talked to his his wife. The man loved sharing everything with her. And Justin was sure he was giving the missus a detailed report about what he had for lunch was healthy.

His latest doctor visit showed his cholesterol was through the roof. Already prone to worry, she'd started Ron on a strict healthy diet. Ron had complained giving up the chili burgers and fries from Ben's Chili Bowl to the veggie and vegan packed lunches she prepared for him. Still, Justin could tell was secretly wondering and happy on how he found such a great woman who cared about him the second time around.

Justin was the last to leave the table. He was still tweaking the designs he started a day ago and couldn't wait to get back to the office. Unfortunately his body had other plans as guided him straight to their table. Before he was aware of what he was doing, he was beside the waiter as she thanked the server. Then sipped and nearly choked on the red wine when she noticed him.

They stared at each other for several seconds and Just felt the blood rushing back to his cock. He inwardly groaned and cursed himself as his own worst enemy. He'd made up his mind to say a quick hello and bye when he paused at the various emotions flashing across her face. Desire, embarrassment, then fear flashed over face and followed by what he believed was relief. 

"Justin," she whispered, in a breathy voice that sounded almost happy to see him. Almost because she soon narrowed her gaze at him as if she stepped in something.

Justin didn't know what to make of the change but Dr. Cooper needed saving. That he was sure of and which he'll gladly do. If he can stop acting like a girl with a crush on the hottest guy in school.

Justin nodded at the couple, glanced at the huge rock on the woman's hand and wondered if it this was a pre-marriage counseling meeting or something.. He turned back to a frowning Dr. Cooper and said, "Hello Sharon."

She raised her eyebrows in a suspicion. A battle of wills were warring inside her head but then she smiled, the kind that can bring a man to his knees and invited him to join them.

She moved over to sit in front of the light skin brother and Justin sat in her vacated seat in front of the brown haired cutie in front of him. Relishing in the warmth she left behind and mentally kicking himself for being such a pervert.

"What are you doing here," she asked, after introducing him to the couple who he now knew were Dr. Casey Richards and Barbara Adams.

"Had a business lunch," answered Justin.

"Oh." Her smile faltered. "So you ate already."

"Actually, feeling hungry again," lied Justin, desperate to bring back her smile. "Have a high metabolism. Besides there was more talking than eating. So didn't really eat that much."

"Really?" The smile was back on and full force. Justin breathed in relief and chuckled to himself as she waved like crazy for their server. "Let's order you something then?"

"Yeah. Thank you." Then he remembered Casey and Barbara and turned back to them. "If you don't mind?"

From the thin line of his lips Justin could tell that Dr. Richards did mind. He hadn't notice before the tension was so thick in the air, Justin doubt he'd be able to cut through it with a machete.

Dr. Richards was holding on to his fiance's hand as if he was trying to protect her from harm. But why? And from who? Barbara on the other hand looked like she was ready to break out in song, probably a Disney number. Despite her fiancee's strong grip.

Justin had a feeling that she was the kumbaya sort and was proven right when she asked, "So, how do you two knew each other?"

See, kumbaya although he wouldn't mind holding hands with Sharon. Amongst other things he'd like to do with hands...

Wait a minute. Focus goddamnit. What was the question again? How they know each other?.

Justin didn't know how to answer that. He'd just met the woman and as a patient. He didn't want to mention that part and his gut told him there'd be hell to pay if he did. Besides, was it even ethical for therapists to have lunch with their patients?

"We went to school together," blurted Sharon, flipping her hair over her shoulder. Justin was lost in the heavenly scent of vanilla that wafted in the air that he almost missed the pointed look she gave him."We only recently met again a few days ago."

"Yeah," he said, catching on and going along with the lie. "She looked familiar but I couldn't place it at first. And then it started to click once we started talking."

"So you went to John Hopkins together," asked Dr. Richards glancing between the two of us. "I thought I knew all your friends."

"No," answered Sharon. She took another sip of her wine which shook a little in her hands. "We were at St. Mary's, a private Catholic school in Brooklyn. Justin was ahead of me by three grades."

How the hell did she know that?

Justin swiveled so fast in his chair he almost caught a creak in his neck. He wanted to ask how she knew but there food was brought to the table. Then ordered the spinach and artichoke al Forno and a Pinot Noir for himself.

When everyone else dug into their food, after assuring them repeatedly he was fine with them eating as he waited for his second meal. Justin leaned over and wrapped his arm around her waist. He felt her jump at his touch and smiled as she didn't pull away.

Her scent of vanilla distracted him and wanted to bury his face in her neck. Instead he whispered, "Are you a therapist or a psychic?"

"What are you talking about?" Jason watched as she forked a mouthful of her fettucine. She pretended she wasn't fluttered but the slight shiver gave it away. And he knew she was affected by him as he her.

"How you know I went to St. Mary's? You a stalker?"

Sharon took another sip of her wine. A sign that told him she was nervous. Although he already knew that.

"There are a lot of things I know about you." She looked at him, her gaze dark with desire and mouth slightly open. She had a speck of sauce on her bottom lip that begged him to lick it off. And how he wanted to but he knew if he had he wouldn't be able to stop.

Justin squeezed her waist and closed the little bit of space left between them."That right?"

She stiffened in his arms fighting back from leaning into him. Which she lost badly as Justin watched her eyes traveled down to rest on his lips.

And so did he when Sharon licked her bottom lip and whispered, "That's right."

Chapter 6 is finally up and it's Justin to the rescue! How do you like the ending of chapter 6. I was undecided if the chapter should end as it is now. Or to have Sharon drop the bomb that they went to school together. The scene would go something like this:

"There are a lot of things I know about you." She looked at him, her gaze dark with desire and mouth slightly open. She had a speck of sauce on her bottom lip that begged him to lick it off. And how he wanted to but he knew if he had he wouldn't be able to stop.

"I went to St. Mary's too."

"I think I'd remember someone like you." Shocked and happy for this new turn of events Justin squeezed her waist and closed the little bit of space left between them. If they knew each other before they were no longer doctor and patient. But a man and a woman.

"Doubtful." She stiffened in his arms fighting back from leaning into him. Which she lost badly as Justin watched her eyes travel down to rest on his lips.

"That right?"

And so did he when Sharon licked her bottom lip and whispered, "That's right."

Which ending do you prefer, the first or second?

Also, I'm taking part in #WIPjoy on Twitter this month which celebrates the work in progress novel. Everyday we share something about the novels we're working on per the day's theme. And you wouldn't believe what Sharon and Justin had to say about me. :-0 Come and follow me, the hashtag or take part yourself. It's not too late. You never know, one day you can say you learned about a particular famous novel when it was still a work in progress through #WIPjoy! :-D  

My Twitter handle is:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lethal Lust By Kit

General Fiction

237K 9.5K 40
[COMPLETED] Elijah and Jess had been unbreakable since high school, so it comes as no surprise to anyone when the young couple decides to tie-the-kno...
49.3K 1.1K 8
Olivia's perfect life fell apart in an instant. Now she's left to pick up the pieces and move on, but that's easier said than done when the image of...
1.3M 23.6K 73
------------------------------------------------------------ I jumped a little at the feel of his cold rings, "How do you think Nathan would feel," h...
1.3M 44.5K 35
Hate surrounded us. Why wouldn't it after everything that happened in the past? Rhys Archer had already ruined my life once, and he was about to do...