The Kings Luna Re-written

By Young-Queen_Izzy

Highest rank: #1 in werewolf on 07/14/2016 lycans, soulless monsters born of divine wrath, Zeus created them... More

Major editing!!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23

17

286K 9K 2.1K
By Young-Queen_Izzy

The room seemed to hold its breath as an intense silence settled in, wrapping Emiline and Bianca in a heavy shroud of uncertainty. Their eyes locked in a wordless exchange, conveying a complex blend of worry, understanding, and determination. Emiline's brow furrowed as she studied her younger sister, Bianca, who appeared burdened by the world's weight. The silence was finally broken by Bianca's voice, cutting through the tension like a knife. 

"I need to go home," she declared her words a poignant mixture of resolve and vulnerability. Emiline's nod conveyed her agreement, a silent acknowledgment of the gravity of their situation.

"Glad we are on the same page," Emiline responded with a heartfelt sigh, her voice tinged with relief. Weariness etched across her face, she ran her fingers through her hair, revealing their recent experiences' toll on her. "Gods, I feel like I haven't slept in weeks," she admitted, her bottom lip caught between her teeth—a familiar nervous habit that resurfaced in this moment of uncertainty. Bianca's reassuring touch on her shoulder was a lifeline, a quiet assurance that they were united in their journey.

"We are going to figure this out," Bianca affirmed, her voice infused with a determination that kindled a spark of unwavering confidence between them. Her eyes locked with Emiline's, a silent promise exchanged amidst the turmoil surrounding them. "I just have to tell Cane I have to leave now," Bianca continued, her restless pacing mirroring the swirl of thoughts that consumed her. What could she even say to Elijah? What would she say to Cane? And how would he react? Bianca's mind churned with a whirlwind of contemplation, each thought adding to the chaotic symphony in her head.A thud against the door broke the silence, drawing Bianca's attention. The distinct scent accompanying the sound left no room for doubt—Cane. Another scent intertwined with his, one that Bianca instantly recognized as belonging to Ashton. Eavesdropping on the exchange just beyond the door, their ears caught fragments of the conversation."Ashton, stop being so damn nosey," Cane's voice reprimanded, carrying a hushed tone tinged with exasperation."Leave me alone, Cane. That girl in there with Bianca is my mate," Ashton retorted, his words saturated with a low growl that revealed his irritation.Bianca's wide eyes met Emiline's, the astonishment mirrored in both gazes. "No way," she breathed, the realization a heady mix of exhilaration and overwhelming emotion.Emiline remained silent, her gaze locked onto the door, her fingers fidgeting restlessly in her lap. The room felt charged, heavy with anticipation and uncertainty, as the weight of their circumstances hung in the air.In a swift and dramatic shift, the door's hinges emitted a protesting groan before succumbing to the pressure, crashing to the floor. Startled, both women turned their attention to the source of the commotion, their eyes widening at the scene unfolding before them.Cane's quick reflexes intervened, preventing Ashton from advancing further. Cane's arms formed a barrier that held his friend at bay, a mix of embarrassment and annoyance evident on his face. Ashton's growls reverberated with primal intensity, a testament to his frustration and impatience. Cane's attempt to manage the situation was palpable, his grip on Ashton's arms underscoring his determination to maintain control.Emiline's gaze remained locked onto Ashton, a whirlwind of emotions churning within her. Her heightened senses were attuned to her inner wolf, which wrestled for attention amid the growing connection with Ashton. His eyes mirrored her feelings, reflecting a mixture of delight and happiness. Yet, despite the enchantment of the moment, a pang of guilt gnawed at Emiline's heart. Thoughts of her parents and the dire state of their pack infiltrated her mind, mingling with the frustrating pull of duty that made it difficult to fully embrace the happiness before her.

The jubilant expression on Ashton's face gave way to a cloud of uncertainty. Self-doubt and insecurity took root, a storm of thoughts swirling within him as he grappled with the abrupt shift in Emiline's demeanor.Is she unhappy with me? Does she regret this connection?

Ashton's steps echoed Emiline's, closing the distance between them. The intensity of their shared gaze remained unbroken, a silent dialogue that spoke volumes."I'm Ashton Sail, Beta of the Royal pack," he introduced himself, his voice conveying nervousness."I'm Emiline of the WestMoon pack," she responded her voice a gentle melody layered with a complexity of emotions.

A vulnerability hung in the air as Ashton's voice quivered slightly with the weight of his thoughts. "Are you disappointed?" he inquired, leaving Emiline momentarily speechless.

"No!" Emiline's swift response was accompanied by a blush that betrayed the depth of her feelings. "No, you're perfect," she continued, her voice faltering slightly as she navigated the emotions. "A lot is happening right now, so I don't feel like I can fully embrace happiness at this moment," she confessed, her words a bittersweet echo that reverberated in the room.

Meanwhile, Bianca's interaction with Cane took a different turn. His worried expression prompted her to reveal the weight of their predicament. "We have to return to the WestMoon pack," she declared with unwavering determination. "Our pack is in danger."

Cane's confusion was palpable as he probed, "What do you mean, in danger?"Bianca continued, her voice steady, "There's been a spread of some sort of illness, and many have died. We have no alpha; he's been locked in his office for months since I was banished."The impact of her words hit Emiline hard, and she covered her mouth in shock as she saw the devastation that crossed Bianca's face. The truth was out, and the room seemed to tighten around them.The disbelief on Cane's face was evident as he questioned, "Banished?"Bianca's expression was a mix of frustration and regret as she admitted, "Yes, I was banished from my pack. That's how the hunters were able to capture me. Tired and hurt, I was wandering around the woods, and they easily overpowered me."

"Why were you banished?" Cane's voice was edged with concern and curiosity.Bianca hesitated, the weight of her past weighing heavily on her shoulders. "The alpha, Elijah, he..." Her voice trailed off, her hesitation conveying the depth of the pain and betrayal she had experienced.

"He what?" Cane's tone turned darker, his protective instincts flaring as he contemplated the potential harm that had come to Bianca.Emiline intervened, her words firm and resolute, "They were false mates. They were false mates and rejected each other. Elijah is deranged; he attacked and banished her from the pack afterward."

"That's impossible," Ashton interjected, his brows furrowing in disbelief.

"It's true!" Bianca asserted firmly. "I felt something, but it was a weird sensation when I was near him, like a weight crushing my chest. Not at all like what I feel with Cane," she hissed, her frustration evident.Cane's gaze shifted between the sisters, his anger giving way to a protective concern for Bianca. "He attacked you?"Bianca hesitated, her voice carrying a mixture of sorrow and honesty, "He was the one who originally broke my wrist. I'm sorry; I was going to tell you everything, but I wanted to wait for the right time."

Cane's reassurance was swift, his voice tender, "It's okay, I understand."Emiline continued the narrative, revealing the aftermath of Bianca's banishment and the dire state of their pack. 

"After her banishment, Elijah locked himself in his office and never came out. Weeks later, wolves started getting sick, and Elijah's father died. Now it's just the Luna and the Beta running the pack. I want Bia home to try to help us do something. If this continues, there won't be a WestMoon pack anymore," she concluded, desperation evident in her voice.

Cane struggled with mixed emotions, his anger battling with a desire to help. The suggestion of temporarily relocating pack members was met with hesitation. "No, that could risk spreading the illness to other packs. We need to proceed with caution and find a better solution. I'll speak to my father and determine the best course of action. Excuse me." With those words, Cane left the room, his hurried departure leaving a sense of uncertainty behind.Ashton followed, a simple "I'll be back" marking his exit, and suddenly, only the two sisters remained.Bianca's voice reassured gently, "You don't need to feel guilty for finding your mate, Emiline. It's a happy occasion."Emiline's expression remained conflicted as she responded, "It's hard, Bia. Seeing people, we grew up with, people we know, just dropping like flies. It's scary."Bianca's touch on her sister's shoulder was grounding, a silent affirmation of their bond. "It'll be okay, Emiline. We're going to figure this out."

Ashton reentered the room as if on cue, his presence a swift interruption to their thoughts. "Cane said we're leaving for the WestMoon pack in three hours," he announced, conveying urgency and determination.

"Three hours from now?" Bianca's surprise was evident in her tone, earning a confirming nod from Ashton. Emiline looked at her younger sister, "Let's go home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 466 10
Witches. Most were eradicated during The Big Cleansing years ago. Those alive now hide amongst the monsters of the world: vampires, werewolves, and t...
1.8M 89.5K 31
[Completed] Every Wolf Moon, humans are selected from each village to be sacrificed to the werewolves; creatures worshipped by humans as godlike figu...
476 0 1
A young girl, born to lead and protect, is blessed with gifts from the Moon Goddess. With these gifts, she is destined to be the Great Luna, mate to...
21.4M 645K 25
❝when the sun goes down the beast comes out❞ Highest Ranking: General Fiction #2 // Werewolf: #2 ~ He's the reason werewolves lock their doors. She'...