Playing For Keeps (Book 2 & 3)

By Stellar_Riot

Two people. One plan. A twist of fate. A not-so-typical modern day fairytale that can happen to two people wh... More

Book 2. Author's Note.
2. Chapter 1.
2. Chapter 2.
2. Chapter 3.
2. Chapter 4.
2. Chapter 5.
2. Chapter 6.
2. Chapter 7.
2. Chapter 8.
2. Chapter 9.
2. Chapter 10.
2. Chapter 11.
2. Chapter 12.
2. Chapter 13.
2. Chapter 14.
2. Chapter 15.
2. Chapter 16.
2. Chapter 17.
2. Chapter 18.
2. Chapter 19.
2. Chapter 20
Book 3. Every End is a New Beginning.
3. Chapter 1.
3. Chapter 3.
3. Chapter 4.
3. Chapter 5.
3. Chapter 6.
3. Chapter 7.
3. Chapter 8.
3. Chapter 9.
3. Chapter 10.
3. Chapter 11.
3. Chapter 12.
3. Chapter 13.
3. Chapter 14.
3. Chapter 15.
3. Chapter 16.
3. Chapter 18. - PART 1.
3. Chapter 17.

3. Chapter 2.

17.9K 179 35
By Stellar_Riot

"The moment you're ready to quit is the usually the moment right before a miracle happens..."

"Lola doesn't know yet until when..." Caroline said, answering her nephew's question but addressing it to the little one who was in her hands. "Basta dito muna ako... because I miss this beautiful baby every day..."

She pinched the baby's chin and Zooey cooed and gurgled some more like she was enjoying their conversation. Caroline felt her heart swell with happiness as her granddaughter started to entertain her in her own little way and this was something she didn't want to miss for the world.

"That's right, Zoe, Lola misses you so bad..." then she paused and turned her attention to the two people who were standing not far from where she was. Caroline narrowed her eyes on them. "Why?" she cocked a brow at the two, taking in the same dumbfounded expression that was still on their faces but now she saw a hint of fret on Drei's face and amusement on Alex's. "May problema ba if I stay here for a while? Bakit ganyan kayo makatingin sa akin?"

"Ay wala po, Tita...t-there's no problem," Drei stammered, still unable to take in why their unexpected visitor was here. Was this a bad joke? But then Caroline wasn't the type who'd joke around and now as the older woman slid her a skeptical look, it finally sink into her that this wasn't a joke at all. Drei took in the two medium sized, black Rimowa suitcases that were in front of her. No shit, she thought to herself. This is real...as real as it gets! The Madam was staying. "We were just –"

"We're just surprised, that's all..." Alex finished up for her, smiled at his aunt and placed an arm over Drei's shoulder. "Napaka unexpected naman kasi Madam!"

"I hope its fine with you both that I am here..." She glanced back at Alex and Drei again. "...and besides, Antipolo is quite boring..."

It's been two months since she came back home to the Philippines and the home that she shared with her brother Dan, since he got divorced with his ex-wife, suddenly felt unfamiliar to her. After being surrounded by the big families of her sister Cora and her younger brother Miguelito for almost a year in San Francisco, the silence in Dan's house was so deafening that it made her restless. She'd constantly find herself looking for a good distraction to while away her time.

Caroline started with the garden first. She redid the landscaping, rearranged her orchids and Dan's bonsais. When that was done, she shifted to remodeling the whole living room with the help of their youngest sister Chi. They bought in new wall papers and redesigned the look. After the living room fix, Caroline started to sort the things that was inside their storage room. She found old magazines, clothes and all the whatnots that's never been used for ages. Two days later, she donated the old clothes to the local charity they had in Antipolo.

Despite the distraction, she still felt the need to do something and that's when she wanted to get out of there for a while. Being busy didn't seem enough for her. She needed a change of environment and which is why she ended up in Alex's doorstep on this Saturday afternoon. It was always her thing to show up unannounced and unexpected. Ambush visit at its finest!  And besides, she missed being around Zooey. At least twice a week, she and Dan would visit their new granddaughter, thrice a week at the most, but then again it didn't seem not enough for Caroline. If Dan was busy, she'd ask Dennis, Dan's part-time driver to drive her out to Bonifacio Global City whenever she feels like it.

"Well, I'm sorry if I haven't told you both ahead of time," she said to them and then she turned her attention back to Zooey.  "I got excited... I wanted to see this little pumpkin pie kaagad..." Zooey giggled and cooed.

"Of course! You're welcome here anytime, Madam! Walang problema sa amin ni Drei," Alex blurted out, his arm still wrapped over Drei's shoulder. He gave it a little squeeze and glanced at her. "Di ba, bubba?"

"Definitely, bubba... def...definitely!" She met his gaze and a sardonic smile appeared on her face. Yeah, there will definitely no moving out happening today! She swallowed an imaginary lump on her throat as she glanced back at Caroline. "We're more than..." she croaked. "...Happy to have you around, Tita..."

Drei felt her chest tighten and she did her best to try not to wince over the fact that this was actually happening right before her eyes.  Why did this even have to happen? Why now? Why today? Why? And why does this have to happen to her? She tried so hard not to wail in disappointment. But this was Alex's beloved Tita Caroline. She's the same Tita Caroline whom they've been lying to... Tita Caroline who doesn't even have a single, freaking idea that they're not together. So how's it going to be? Then she glanced up at Alex with brooding eyes. She needed to talk to him. Alex just arched both his eyebrows and gave her a tight-lipped smile that told her that he knew what she meant.

"Then good!" Caroline's face lit up and Drei could feel the guilt sweeping through her again. She's been having some really wild guilt trip these past few days and this one topped the notch. The genuine smile on the old woman's face was just something she couldn't shatter. Sure Caroline scared the life out of her when they first met, but somehow Drei felt that Zooey softened Alex's aunt a little.

Caroline, Chi, Dan, along with Alex's other cousins paid them a visit at the hospital the day after Drei gave birth. They were all marveling at and taking pictures of the new addition to the Lizareses. But out of all of them, Caroline was the happiest. First, they had another baby girl in the family, the third actually. Second, she got her wish as a Marian devotee because Zooey shared the same birth date with Mother Mary. And lastly, it meant a lot to her that this was Alex's first born and somehow for her, this little girl is going to change her favorite nephew's life, even if she wouldn't admit it out loud that he is her favorite amongst his cousins. Zooey made Caroline smile more often than ever and the old woman couldn't deny to herself that she was attached to this new bundle of joy in her arms.

"By the way, where's Kuya Matty?" she asked. "I haven't seen him around..."

"He's with his dad's family, Tita... gagala daw po... kaya ayun sinundo po kanina..." Drei told her. "Usually they take Matty home after dinner... so mamaya pa po siya uuwi..."

"Ahhh I see... kaya pala si Pilar ang nagbukas sa akin sa pinto..."

"Teka, does Dad know you're here?" Alex asked.

"Yes he does..." she answered.

Alex's brows furrowed. "Then why didn't he texted me that you were staying here?"

"Cos I just called him when I got here..." she snickered and then she looked at Zooey. "Wala naman magagawa si Lolo Dan di ba, Zooey?" The little one gurgled. Caroline shifted her gaze to Alex. "So where's my room? I need to unpack before I prepare dinner..."

Alex and Drei stared at each other for a while. How could they forget the stuff inside Drei's room that they just finished packing?

"Ah yeah the room..." Alex started. "We were cleaning up actually when you got here, Madam... kaya Manang Pilar was the one who was with Zooey..."

"Cleaning up? Talaga?" Caroline narrowed her eyes on her nephew, like she didn't believe him. "Are you sure?" Hearing this out the two blushed.

"Opo naman, what else would we be doing?" he told his aunt.

"Then why are you both blushing?" She cocked her head on one side to study them. "Wag muna, Alexander... pagpahingahin mo muna si Drei..."

"Are we? Jeez!" Alex glowered. "Kung ano ano kasi tanong mo Madam eh!"

"Ahhh okay... akala ko... susundan niyo na si Zooey..." she assumed, giving them a mischievous grin. With Zooey still in her arms, Caroline stood up. "Since tapos naman kayo na maglinis...pwede na siguro ako pumasok sa magiging kwarto ko...

But before she could even make her way down the hallway, Alex blocked her.

"Madam, hindi pa kami tapos, actually..." he told her.

"You just said you we're cleaning up, so that means, tapos na kayo..." Caroline said.

"Hindi pa po, Tita... we're not even half way yet..." Drei joined in. "It's our... usual Saturday clean up, alam niyo naman po medyo OC si Alex... he's very particular sa mga alikabok baka po magka allergy si Zooey..." she lied.

"Are you telling me that Pilar isn't cleaning?" Caroline questioned.

"No... Manang Pilar does... she does a great job with taking care of us here, Madam..." Alex scanned the recesses of his brain for a more believable excuse why his aunt couldn't go inside Drei's room now. "It's just that we wanted to...redecorate Zooey's nursery for a change...so ayun... but since andito ka na, we'll be moving out Zooey's things to our room..."

"Actually po Tita, magmemerienda muna po kami... then go back to fixing the room..." Drei interjected.

"Yeah..." Alex agreed. "What if mauna na po kayo ni Manang Pilar sa baba, you guys could go to Serendra para maipasyal niyo si Zooey, Madam, then me and Drei, we'll catch up with you guys... okay ba yun?" he suggested.

"Fine!" Caroline said in exasperation. "We'll wait for you in Serendra..."

Alex and Drei felt the relief sweeping over them. They could finally breathe and get their heads together on what's happening next. Alex hurriedly grabbed the stroller that was parked on one side of the room and then placed the car seat that goes along with it. Caroline placed Zooey in her little throne while Drei fixed the baby bag. When it was all set, Caroline and Manang Pilar made their way out of the house with Zooey in her stroller.

They both stared after the door for a couple of minutes as if waiting for Caroline to completely disappear from the proximity of their unit's door. Five minutes was up. Drei glared at Alex.

"You planned this didn't you?" Drei glared at Alex and threw in a smack on his chest.

"And why would you think that I had something to do with this?" he fired back. But then he couldn't deny to himself that his aunt's unexpected appearance made him want to jump for joy. "You seriously think I planned all of this, Drei? Jeez!"

She smacked him again. "Can you blame me? You're the one who said..." then she mimicked Alex's voice. "Can I still change your mind, bubba? Pwede pa ba?"

Alex gave in to a laugh. She was just so adorable, trying to make her voice sound like him. Drei glared at him. "Ngayon sabihin mo sa akin na you didn't make Madam come here?"

"I didn't! Okay?" he told her in between laughs.

"Bakit ka tumatawa?" she lashed at him.

"Cos you're so cute while ginagaya yung boses ko!" Alex pinched her nose and that's when Drei pinched him on his chest and he screamed in pain. "Arraaaay!"

"So you think nakakatawa to ha?" She smacked his arm this time. He let her and then when he could no longer take it, he grabbed a hold of her hands and one side of his lips curled. It irked Drei even more. "You really think this is a big joke don't you? God! I hate you!" she freed herself from his grasp and started to walk away from him.

This was just so unbelievable and she started to curse endlessly in her mind while she let herself back inside the bedroom. Just perfect, she thought. Now what? Until when will she be stuck with him in this house? And what's worst, Caroline didn't tell them how long she was staying around, but just by judging from the looks of her two suitcases, Drei could tell it won't be a week or two... it'll be longer than that. She could tell. Inside the room, she stared at the suitcase containing Zooey's clothes which she opened a while ago when she prepared the baby bag. There wasn't a moving out happening today and this was the least she expected. The thought made her feel miserable and frustrated at the same time.

"Why would you think that I planned all this?" Alex asked as he came up behind her. Drei didn't turn around instead she busied herself unloading Zooey's clothes from the suitcase that was lying on the bed. He just heard her sigh. "Talk to me please, bubba?"

"Why wouldn't I?" She snorted and then she turned to face him, arms crossed over her chest. "What do you want me to think? That this was just another trick of fate?"

Yes, he wanted to tell her. But as he took in the expression on her face, it was clear to Alex that she wasn't happy about what just happened.

"Look, I didn't..." He placed a hand on her arm and met her gaze. "I have nothing to do with this... why are you quick to assume that I did this without even hearing me out?"

"Why? Because look at you..." she pointed at his face. "I saw how you tried to hide a smile when you saw your aunt in the living room... like you were happy that she was here! Because alam mo hindi kami makakaalis..." And it was true and he hated the fact that Drei was slowly seeing him underneath that tough guy façade he's been putting out in front of her. "Why can't you just admit it, Alex?"

"You wanna know the truth?" Drei nodded. "Then fine!" his brows furrowed.

 "Totoo ayaw ko kayong umalis, that's why I asked you if I could still change your mind..."  Alex felt his heart pounding and for some reasons he suddenly didn't know why. It was odd how he felt vulnerable around her. He shifted from one foot to the other. "Because I wanted you guys to stay for a little longer because I'll miss you..." Drei felt her stomach lurch. "...and the kids..." Bam! She scolded herself for assuming. Of course, it wasn't just her, why was she thinking that it was her? It was never about her and she took a mental note of that. "But I didn't want to interfere with your plans because we agreed on this and I respect your decision on that... But this thing with Madam, I didn't do this... kung nagulat ka, mas nagulat ako..."

"So how's this going to be?" She sighed in exasperation. Deep inside she knew that Alex was telling the truth and she believed him. They'll be pretending again and this time they'll be entertaining their guest for a little longer. "Alex, we have to tell her sooner or later... this is getting harder..."

"I know... but I still don't know how... I don't want to just tell her and be reason for her next heart attack..." Alex was as frustrated as her. "Wala naman tayong choice kundi gawin yung dapat nating gawin...I'm sorry I put you through with this, bubba... but this will be the last one, I promise you..."

"Okay..." she told him. "But I swear this is the last, Alex..."

Alex has done so much for her and this was the least she could do to return the favor. Now all she needed to do was to lock away that tricky organ on her chest inside a steel box and throw the key away so she couldn't open it again no matter how many times he'll be knocking.

The look of confusion ran all over Matty's seven-year old face. His gaze shifted like a ping pong ball from Drei to Alex. Almost five minutes has already passed since they told him what he needed to know about what was currently happening around him.

"So I should lie to Lola Madam?" he asked like he was unsure with what he just heard from his mother and Daddy Alex. Now he felt more confused than ever.

Spending time with the Soriano's every weekend has been a part of Matty's ever since he could remember. It was still important to Drei that Matty gets to be connected with Anton's family. After all these years she's very grateful for the support that Anton's parents, Marmee and Jerry, have been giving Matty since Anton died. They've already secured Matty's education until college and even setting up a mutual fund for Anton's only son.

It was already around 8:00 p.m when his Tito Tope brought him home after spending an afternoon and dinner with his dad's family in Alabang. And when he stepped inside the house, he was surprised to see Caroline in the living room with his baby sister in her arms. Matty immediately rushed to the older woman and gave her a tight hug. As he changed into his pajamas, Drei came inside his room and told him that she wanted to talk to him.

They were returning home to Guadalupe tomorrow and it was something that he didn't like. Matty loved being around Alex and the little boy's been vocal about how he's been like a real dad to him even if he really isn't. Alex was becoming his best friend already and he didn't want to leave him. Alex promised him that things would still be the same with them – he'll still attend his PTA meetings, be at his Taekwondo practice, they'd still play basketball and Xbox, and he could still sleepover at his place on weekends. He even begged his mom that they should stay here for a while longer but Drei didn't give in.

Moments later, he and Drei were inside Alex's room where the little boy saw Zooey's crib and his mom's suitcases. That's when the curiosity crept into him. Drei and Alex made him sit on the bed and there they told him about everything – why they weren't moving out tomorrow, why Caroline was here and the truth about their set up.

"We're...not telling you to lie, Kuya..."Alex said, leveling with Matty's height. He already promised Drei that he's going to handle it, even if deep inside he felt like screaming already. It was harder than he thought, especially that he was dealing with a child. "All that we want you to do is to not tell Lola Madam about me and your Mom... would that be okay?"

"Why?" Matty's brows furrowed. "Bakit po ayaw niyong sabihin kay Lola Madam na matagal na kayong break ni Mom... at saka friends naman kayo di ba po?"

"Kasi ganito yun... si Lola Madam kasi... may sakit siya sa puso..." Alex said. "And bawal sa kanya ang mga bad news, Kuya... kasi it will hurt her tapos masestress siya... pag na stress siya, her heart might explode... and ayaw ko na mangyari yun, Kuya..." he looked into Matty's eyes. "Do you understand me?" The boy nodded.

"But Daddy Alex, it's still bad to lie..."

"I know, Kuya... but sometimes kasi there are things that you shouldn't say to people you love the most because it will hurt them... so technically we are not telling you to lie, we are just asking you not to tell Lola Madam na matagal na kaming break ng Mom mo kasi yun nga, akala niya kami pa din and we don't want to hurt her..." he explained. "Love kasi ni Lola Madam ang Mommy mo... ayaw niya na maghiwalay kami..."

"Pero you will tell her right?" Matty asked again.

"Yes naman, Kuya... pagdating ng right time... sasabihin din namin ng mommy mo sa kanya..." Alex assured him. "So okay na Kuya? You won't tell Lola Madam about me and Mom?"

"Okay," Matty replied casually. Then he looked at Drei. "Mom, di na tayo uuwi sa bahay?"

"Ummm yeah, ganon na nga...while Lola Madam is here..." Drei answered honestly.

Then Matty smiled at her radiantly. "Cool!"

By 10 p.m, the house fell silent. They were already done fixing her things inside's Alex's room and Caroline was already settled inside Drei's old room. Zooey was already fast asleep on her crib that was just across Drei's side of the bed. This sure was awkward, literally being inside the four corners of Alex's bedroom, which she never really slept in. Sure they've been living under the same roof for the past four months but this was way beyond her imagination... sleeping on the same bed as him.  

Drei felt odd thinking about how she would be sharing the same bed with Alex tonight. And automatically the what-if's started to appear out of nowhere inside her head. The curiosity gave her the shivers that she found herself fretting over the thought. Snapping herself out of it, she scolded herself for suddenly letting her mind drift into the memory of the last time they slept on the same bed together.

"What the hell is that?" Alex asked pointing to the stack of pillows that was in the middle of his bed when he came out of the bathroom. She paused and took in his white cotton shirt and his checkered boxer shorts. She swallowed. He smelled good and something in her burned.

"What do you think?" Drei threw the question back at him while she fixed it. His king sized bed was already divided into two parts.

"Jeez! I dunno, you tell me!" he leered at her. Then he went to his side of the bed.

She rolled her eyes at him. "It's the Wall of Jericho!"

Alex just shook his head and chuckled to himself. "That's no Wall of Jericho, bubba..." he pointed out. "That's a Wall of Fluff! And before midnight strikes, that wall is going down!"

"Don't you dare bring my wall down!" she threatened him. "Just stay on your side and I'll stay on mine, end of story!" Drei already tucked herself into the sheets. Feeling the weight of his stare, she glanced at him. Alex was facing her, his elbow propped.

"You're afraid of me aren't you, Drei?" he asked and mischief flickered in his eyes.

"I-I'm not a-afraid of you!" she stammered. The look on his face made her uneasy like she wanted to curl into a ball. She bought the sheets up to her chin and slid him a look.

"If you're not then why do you have this wall between us, tough girl?" He gave her a wolfish grin.

"Because I..." Their gaze met and Drei found herself lost for words as she looked into those dark beautiful eyes of his. She always loved his eyes.

"Why?" Alex suppressed a laughter that was about to burst. He saw the pink stain on her cheeks. She was bushing and he wanted to tease her even more. He leaned closer and gave her a half-lidded gaze. "Do you think gagapangin kita?"

The scent of his aftershave enveloped her as he leaned closer. Something in her ached. She remembered that smell and it just brought her back to the last memory that she had of him a long time ago. She bit her lip.

"No!" she said firmly. "Because I want to!" 

Alex's eyes darkened. "Hmmm but if you have something in mind... madali lang naman ako kausap... I mean baka gusto mong..."

"Never going to happen!" She cut him. The more Alex was leaning closer, the more she was pulling herself away from him.  Her heart started to pound on her chest and she could feel her hands getting sweaty. With a determined tilt on her chin, she snapped out of the trance-like state that he just bought her into. "Ever, Alex! Never!"

"You sure?" his brows furrowed, narrowing his eyes on her in mockery.

"Yes!" she said with much conviction. "You heard me... never again, Alex!"

"So you're saying you can resist me?"

"Yes! Absolutely!"

"I don't believe you..." he teased. He leaned in closer. "How about we try? Let's see if it's true..."

"You stay where you are and don't come near me, Alex!" she warned him. "I swear to God, I'll really scream..." He laughed at her even more and she glowered at him. "Matulog ka na nga!" Then she turned her back on him.

"Good night, bubba!"

"Stay right there!" she called out. "Don't you dare remove those pillows, Alex! I mean it!"

Alex stared at Drei's back for awhile. He was still smiling like an idiot that he is after they just finished bantering. He glanced at the 'Wall of Jericho' Drei put up. He sniggered at the purpose of those pillows and an assortment of wicked thoughts trailed into his mind without these between them. She smelled like lavender, which made him want to take her into his arms and nuzzle her. He wondered why Drei still had that same effect on him and he was letting her.

Why the hell did he tease her like that? And why was he thinking what he's thinking? But if there's someone that is at fault here, that would be him. Now he's the one who's suffering because the thought was toying with him again. He cursed to himself as he pushed the thoughts away.

Grudgingly, he turned his back on those silly fluffy things in between them. For now, he'll try to sleep this through. This situation, no matter how much they never intended to be in, is testing his limits. This was how things are going to be with them every day from now on. And this is all Madam's fault!

"Oh my gaahhd!" Peter's exclaimed, followed by a roar of laughter. He paused for minute as he stirred his Caffe White Chocolate Mocha, glanced over at Dre and laughing even more. "This is just... it keeps getting sooo exciting every time! Nakakaloka!"

"See, I told you, Pete!" Jeannie chipped in before taking a sip of her Mint Tea. "For sure, I could've won!"

"I agree with you both..." Rica joined in, while she dipped the tea bag in her cup. "This is becoming a soap opera already..."

Drei sat at the opposite side of the table glowering at her three closest friends who were, from the looks of it, bullying her with all their might. It's a rainy Friday afternoon and they are seated outside Bo's Coffee in Bonifacio High Street for this impromptu meet up. She's been dying to talk to them for days and only now that they're here in front of her did she realize that maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

"Seriously?!" she shot them a dirty look. "You all are aware that I am here right? In front of you..." And they snickered at her. "See! I knew it! I shouldn't have told you guys about it!"

It's been five days since Alex's Tita Caroline showed up unannounced and turned Drei's plan running in the opposite direction. It was the same day when she and Alex needed to put on the show, which is why they ended up on the same room.

"We know you can't resist not telling us, Mars!" Peter reminded. "Grabe na talaga kayo... living in the same house, check... playing happy family, check... and now, sleeping together, bonggang check!"

"We're not sleeping together..." Drei corrected. "We're just sharing the same bed, Pete! That's it!"

"Weh?" Peter made a face. "Di nga? Walang hanky panky, monkey business churva?"

For three nights in a row, Drei built that wall to separate them and it was useless. The walls still crumbled down and they ended up wrapped in each other's arms like pretzels. She didn't know who wrapped whose arms first on whom, but it didn't happen once. It happened three times. Once, she woke up to feeling his arms around her waist and they were spooning; another time, they both woke up with her head resting on his chest and her legs entangled with his; and lastly, she felt his hands on her breasts and a pulsating bulge underneath his boxers. It was insane. After the third one happened, they both decided to have Zooey sleep in between them for both of their sakes! 

"May pa wall wall ka pang nalalaman!" Jeannie snorted! "Oh anong nangyari?"

"I know..." Drei cringed at the memory. "Alam ko naman na hindi niya sinasadya yun eh! Saka hindi na nangyari ulit yun no..."

"Your walls aren't tough, Andrea!" Rica commented. "Waley! Kawawa naman si Zooey naging human wall niyong dalawa!"

"Natibag! After all, he is Alexander the Great, Mars! Aminin mo!" Peter teased. "Teka nga mars, magkaliwanagan nga tayo.... Once and for all, ha... umamin ka sa aming tatlo..."

"What about?" she asked, then took a sip of her Raspberry Iced Tea.

"Yung totoo ha..." Jeannie reminded. "Promise?" And Drei nodded.

"Wala kang na feel nung mag katabi kayo?" Peter dropped. "Like wala ba siyang ginawang move para halikan ka? Yung ganon, Mars..."

And the thoughts about Alex in his white shirt and boxers and the scent of his aftershave suddenly flooded her brain. The sexual tension was still there, crackling in the air between them. It wasn't gone. Instead it's been dormant, just waiting for the right time. Drei bit her lip.

"Hindi ko alam..."

"Anong hindi mo alam?" Jeannie asked. "Impossible!"

"You guys have been celibate for what?" Rica barged in. "Teka when was the last time you guys... you know... did the boom boom? Before ka manganak?"

"Rica! Ewwwww! Anong before ako manganak?" Drei's eyes widened in surprise. "We never did it again..."

"You mean to say, mars... yun na ang una't huling yugyugan niyo nung ginawa niyo si Zooey?"

"Yes!" Drei nodded. "Ano akala niyo sa akin, ganon ganon lang? Hello?"

Then Peter covered his mouth as if in shock. "Tigang na tigang na si Alex niyan! Oh my gaaaaahd!"

"How sure are you na tigang siya, Pedro ha?" Jeannie fired at him and there Drei found herself mulling over what her best friend has just said.

"Wala lang," Peter shrugged. "Napaisip lang ako..." he frowned. "Ang tagal tagal na kasi eh... kawawa naman my baby Alex.." then he scowled at Drei. "Drei kasi eh... ba't di mo pinagbigyan? Yan tuloy maghahanap yan sa iba..."

"Wag naman kayong ganyan..." Rica contradicted. "Baka di naman naghanap ng iba si Alex..."

"Well, you have a point Rix," Jeannie sighed. The unrequited love affair is a disaster that's waiting to happen and Drei is a hopeless case, especially now that her plans are shelved for now. And just thinking about this game the two are playing was enough to give Jeannie the headache. "Sabagay wala naman may naikwento si Yo sa akin...So baka nga wala... We never know...." She said cryptically and then she glanced over at Drei who was listening to her intently. "Penny for your thoughts, bff?"

"Uyy, affected si Drei..." Rica teased. "Wag mo na isipin yung sinabi ni Jeannie..." Then she looked at Jeannie's direction. "Ikaw napaka basagera mo talaga..."

"Di ako affected no!" Drei responded, lying through her teeth.

"Basta, Mars, if ayaw mo pag bigyan si Alex... ipasa mo na lang siya sa akin..." Peter reminded, breaking the tension in the air. "I'll be here, with open arms and open... alam mo na! I am ready to kener him anytime!" They laughed.

"Sure ka, di ka affected?" Jeannie checked.

"Of course... Ano ba kayo?" she told them. "I know where I stand and Alex's been honest with me with regarding our situation... what's important is he never forgets his responsibility with Zooey, yun lang... if he dates, then he dates... buhay niya yun... it's not like I care..."

Although what she said was true, Drei still felt sorry for herself. She felt sorry because she still carries these feelings for Alex that was long overdue. Admittedly, she owes her friends this bitch slap back to reality where she really should be staying. The truth stings and it hurts like hell but its better this way. It reminds her not to forget.

Alex was dangerous to her. And somehow this unexpected flip of event just made it more difficult for her to steer away from him. How could she move on when they're still confined in the same room and breathing the same air? How could she start anew? For now, it was impossible. She needed to draw the line and keep her defenses intact... that's all it takes to protect herself as much as she could... 

============================

Music: I Feel It All by Feist

Thank you to Liz, Ate Jessie, Madam, Ate Chi, Shei, Pau, Emi... =)

And to everyone who's been loving Alex and Drei since the beginning... I can't thank you enough... you guys are awesome! =)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 555 8
"Why are you angry?" I asked him. "It's not like we're a couple." He stopped, and stared at me, boring my eyes with his emerald eyes. "If we are..."...
14M 369K 22
WARNING!!! MATURE content inside for 18 years old and above! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, please refrain from reading this sto...
76.6K 3K 66
Ariel Lee has been stuck for years in a dead-end job as an assistant chef. Struggling to meet ends meet in a life of poverty while raising her young...
456K 17.4K 31
"Now you listen to me and you listen good! I don't give a shit in what you think about me because guess what? I could care less! You mean NOTHING to...