Nerd By Day, Street Fighter B...

By amadp_123

COMPLETED (but editing) Let's talk illegal. When you think of the word illegal, you probably think Theft, Rap... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chaoter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chaoter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (Brian's POV)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Final Authors Note
Editing!!

Chapter 8

5.5K 133 5
By amadp_123

After 3 hours of working on our project and Zander fooling around a bit, we were finally done. Finally done the project that would've been done yesterday of it weren't for Zander.

"Hey Chika?"

"Hm?"

"Can I stay here a little longer? Home is kind of the last place I want to be right now." This was when I realized, Zander has some reason to fight too. Part of his reason may be because it's just fun as hell to knock someone's jaw out of place, because it is. But another reason he fights is because he has problems of his own. I have my parents who don't pay the slightest bit of attention to me and brothers death and he has, well, his home life it seems.

"You didn't ask about my brother, so I'm not going to ask about your life at home. But yeah, you can stay for a bit. But I'm going out to dinner with my friend tonight, so when he gets here, your going to have to leave. Is that okay?"

"A friend? You have a friend? Especially one that's a boy? Sounds like a date to me." I feel my cheeks heat up even though it's a meaningless dinner with a guy who I consider a brother.

"It's not, he's like a brother to me."

"I'm just joking with you. Thanks by the way, for letting me stay without asking about it." I smile at him. This was a different side of Zander. No smirks, just smiles. No insults, just jokes. I like this side of him.

"No problem, so what do you want to do? I have a PlayStation 4 in my basement. You want to play something on there?"

"You play on the PlayStation?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Is that not okay? Come on." He follows me out of my room, downstairs, and to the basement, "Can we play Call Of Duty ghosts?"

"You play COD?" Now he just looks dumbfounded.

"Yes, so can we play?"

"Yeah, but don't cry when I beat you." I look at him, challenging him.

"Is that a challenge?"

"It is chika."

"You're on." And with that, I put the disc in and give him a controller and one for myself. I press play online and we start. I kill a lot of people and so does Zander, but by the end I win with 28 kills and Zander 25.

"Okay, I haven't played in a while. That was just my warmup."

"Carly!" I jump at Lanna's voice. I totally forgot she was coming over. I can't make her leave because that would be suspicious.

"Is that your mom?"

"Uh, no my cousin. In the basement Lanna!" I call back to Lanna. She comes downstairs and widens her eyes when she realizes Zander is her.

"Oh, sorry, I had no idea you had company. Hi, I'm Lanna." Lanna says extending her arm to shake his hand.

"I'm Zander, do I know you from somewhere?" Zander asks while shaking her hand. Shit.

"I don't think-"

"You're Midnight's manager!" Zander then yells out.

"Ummm."

"Yeah, Lanna manages a professional fighter. How'd you know."

"I just go to the fights sometimes. But isn't your name Jenna when you're with Midnight?"

"Stage name."

"And your ballet managers name is also Lanna?"

"Coincidence." I reply. Zander looks at me. As if he's putting it all together. I really hope he isn't. But before he can put it all together, another voice yells out.

"Hello? Carly?" It's Luca.

"Down here!" I yell back.

"Who's that?" Zander asks. There are defiantly too many people here. This is actually so risky. My manager, trainer, and opponent, all in the same room.

"The guy I'm going out to dinner with." I tell Zander as Luca comes down the basement stairs.

"You know Luca?" Zander stares at me like I just told him that I'm actually a horse in disguise, "Yo dude." Zander greets Luca with a bro hug.

"Yeah, he's my brothers old friend." I tell Zander which isn't a lie. Zack used to go to Forte and him and Luca used to be really good friends.

"That's awesome." Zander says.

"Yo dude, do you want to join us for dinner?" Luca asks. I mentally face palm myself. Did I not tell Luca that Zander is poison? Luca looks over me and smirks. It's then that I remember his comment from yesterday about the whole crush on Zander. Well, two can play at that game.

"Yeah, come Zander. You should come too Lanna." Lanna looks at me with a glare because she understands that I'm doing this for the sake of her nonexistent relationship with Luca.

"Sure." She replies with a grimace.

"Yeah, I guess I'll go," Zander says, "and chika, after dinner, we're coming back here and then going to a party." I look at Zander and I'm about to tell him no, but then Lanna interrupts.

"She'd love to, that's so kind of you for inviting her." I glare at Lanna. I've been to a high school party before. Okay, that's a lie. This would be my first one and probably my last.

"Okay, let's go!" Luca says and we all follow him up the basement steps. As I'm walking up the stairs I have the perfect idea to get revenge on Lanna and Luca. Luca has a Chevrolet Corvette, which is a two person car, like a lot of sports cars.

"Hey Lanna, you can go with Luca and I'll go with Zander." Luca and Lanna glare at me, but mumble an incoherent 'okay'. They get in the car and before you know it, are off.

"I had no idea you wanted to be with me. You could've just asked chika." I look at Zander who has a smirk present on his face.

"Give me your keys," I tell him, but he hold them to his chest, "you have no idea of where we are going. Fork them over." He gives them to me.

"But, I have to warn you. The motorcycles in the garage getting work done, so I have this piece of crap, and it may not work." I get into the old Acura and insert the keys. Sure enough, as soon as the car starts, there's a popping sound, and it stops.

"Fuck. My cars in the garage getting fixed too," it was at that moment, that I knew I'd be risking my secret. Big time, "Follow me," Zander looks confused, but doesn't say a word. I open the garage and there sits my baby, a black, street sport, motorcycle. I look at Zander, his jaw drops to the floor, and his eyes widen, "close your mouth, you don't want to catch flies."

"That's yours? You own a street sport motorcycle? You drive a motorcycle? What!"

"What's the big deal? Hop on the back, we don't want to be late."

"No! I'm driving this. Tell me where we're going." Zander snatches the keys out of my hand. I give him a look, but he ignores it. Honestly, it's funny to look at Zander. The expression on his face is like a little kids on Christmas morning. It's cute.

Wait, what? No it's not cute! He's a disgusting pig. Not cute whatsoever.

"Fine, we're going to Leonardo's, that Italian place on Chestnut drive." Zander gets on the bike, carefully, "and Zander?" He looks at me, "don't hurt my baby."

"How could I! I have too much respect for a bike of this kind. I would never chika, never." And with that I get on the bike. The only other person, besides me, who's ever driven my bike, is Luca. And that was once! When I sprained my foot, him and Lanna drove me everywhere. It was nice having a chaffer. That's one thing that my parents don't have.

Considering the fact that Luca is like a brother to me, it wasn't awkward having to wrap my arms around his torso. With Zander, it's a whole different story. I wrapped my arms tightly around his torso, but if I had to think of the most awkward moment of my life, this would have to be one. Zander's abs are nice, may I say so myself. I knew he had abs, but damn.

"Hey chika? Can you stop feeling up my abs, I'm trying to drive and you're kind of a distraction when doing that. We can do that later." Even though Zander can't see me, he probably feels my whole body heat up at his comment. I mumble a 'sorry' and he chuckles. That asshole.

Before I know it, we reach Leonardo's. This happens to be my favorite Italian place. The only other Italian food that can challenge this is Luca's. His mom taught him well. My mouth waters just thinking of it. It wasn't until my stomach grumbles that I realize how hungry I am. I also realize how embarrassed I am. Zander doesn't make a comment on my grumbling stomach like I expect, but just chuckles.

We find Lanna and Luca sitting at a table in the back. Just as we sit down, a young boy, probably our waiter, comes over. May I just say hot dayum. But he's not better than Zander. Zander is like zayum.

"I'm Alex, I will be your waiter this afternoon. Let's start with drinks, shall we?" He looks mostly at me and winks. Across from me Zander gags. I turn my head and glare at him.

"I'll have a Shirley temple." I smile back at Alex. He looks over at Lanna who's sitting right next to me and she orders some kind of martini. Then he looks at Luca and Luca orders a Coke. Next Alex turns his head towards Zander and glares.

"You?" He asks.

"I'll take a Budweiser." I snap my head at Zander.

"And how old are you?"

"21 yesterday, this is my birthday get together with my sister," he gestures to Lanna, "my best friend," he then points to Luca, "and last but not least, my beautiful girlfriend." The waiter looks skeptically at Zander.

"He's 21. Trust me, I'm his sister. Wouldn't I know?" The waiter writes the order down. I try to speak up, but nothing comes out of my mouth. Is he kidding me? I am not his girlfriend. Why the hell did Lanna stick up for him? What the hell!

Once Alex leaves I yell at Zander, "You sneaky bastard! If you get caught! He didn't even ask for I.D.! What the hell!"

"Chika, calm down. I can pull off the 21 look, you, not so much." I cross my arms and huff, sticking my tongue out at him. Luca and Lanna just chuckle. I can't believe him.

----
Word count:1,794
7/8/16
A/N:
Hi! Guy, my internet got fixed! My internet got fixed! Holy guac! I'm so happy!! Ahhhhh! Omg! Thank you Mike the Internet guy!!

So, today's a good day. Right now I'm sitting on the beach waiting for my mom to bring our dessert. Living the life, aren't I?

But I'm going to make this short because dessert just came. Just want to say I love you all. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

Follow me on social media:
Twitter:amadp_123
Instagram:amadp_123

Lots of love,
Ana<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394K 11.7K 28
Cover by @daniella-lavonne ~~~~ "You're a nerd you should know the answer" he said inches away from my face "And what if I don't?" I answered cr...
794K 18.2K 34
Highest Ranking in Romance #12 |Previously known as "Beautiful Disaster"| *** He threw me on the bed and...
1.4M 43.9K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
441K 11.3K 15
Highest Ranking: #11 in Action // 12.25.17 I'm Lesley, you would think I'm this sweet innocent girl but, let's face it. I'm none of that. Usually 17...