Haven Harbor • a.i. •

By cliffordpunkrock

"Being in love with Carter was the most beautiful and horrible thing at the same time; because I knew if I to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 100

1.2K 26 6
By cliffordpunkrock

"Carter, come on. Time to get up." Ashton's voice slipped through my dreams and his hands placed themselves on the sides of my face.

"Okay." I breathed and felt him kiss my lips before I opened my eyes.

I got out of the bed and stretched my limbs while Ashton went to get his clothes from where he had laid them out on his dresser last night.

He slipped off his sleep shirt and I looked over to see his very defined and toned stomach.

"Now that's a nice view to wake up to in the morning." I gave him a sleepy smile and he grinned at me, laughing as he bent down to get his black tee shirt and slip it over his head.

I left his room and went across the hall to get the kids awake.

I lifted a sleepy Gracie out of the bed to take her to the bathroom where I drew her a bath and got her out of her pyjamas and into the bath.

"I want Daddy." She mumbled as I poured water over her head to get the shampoo out.

"Ashton!" I called out for him and he walked in the bathroom. "Someone wants you."

"You want me?" Ashton asked as he kneeled down next to me at the tub, reaching over to tweak Gracie's nose.

She nodded and he laughed.

"Here I'll finish giving her a bath." Ashton smiled and I moved out of the way so I could go curl my hair.

He pulled Gracie from the tub and wrapped her up in a towel before taking her to our bedroom to dry her off.

"Babe, what do you want her to wear?" Ashton called out to me.

"Black leggings, black and white plaid dress and the tan coat to go over it." I said and continued to fix my hair.

Once it was neatly curled and I applied makeup, I went back to the bedroom where Ashton had Gracie sitting on the bed playing with Ellie the elephant while he zipped up her bag.

I had Ashton go to wake up Ender while I got dressed in black skinnies, a tight high collared black long sleeved shirt, a black leather jacket over that and then black booties to complete the look.

"Ooo someone looks hot." Ashton smirked as he walked in and I gave him a playful wink.

"Thought I'd mix it up a bit. And besides, we spent a fortune on these new clothes so I might as well wear them."

"Honestly you look good in everything you wear, but those jeans..." He trailed off before lightly smacking my bum as he walked by me. "Are my favourite."

"I'll remember that." I giggled and went to get Gracie's shoes on.

Once her little black boots were on her feet I went to check on Ender who was fixing his hair in the bathroom mirror, already dressed.

I smiled happily and gave him a kiss on the cheek before going to the kitchen where Ann was already up and waiting for us with coffee.

"You are my favourite person right now." I laughed as she handed me a mug full of steaming coffee and took a few sips.

Ashton and the kids came into the kitchen and I sat Gracie at the bar so she could have breakfast that Ann and I made together.

Once both kids were fed Ashton went back to bring our duffels to the front door and our other bags.

Gracie messily ate her yogurt slowly and once she was finished I wiped off her face and hands and set her back on the floor.
"The car should be here any minute." Ashton said and I nodded, taking Gracie to the bathroom one more time before we left and then had Ender go as well.

The honking of a car horn was heard outside and all of us headed to the front door to get our bags.

"Have a safe flight and call me when you land." Ann came forward to hug me and I hugged her tightly in return. "I love you Carter, you're going to have so much fun."

I smiled at her words.

"Thank you. I love you too." She kissed my cheek then let me go to hug Ender and Ashton placed a hand on my shoulder, smiling widely.

"Love you Grandma." Ender hugged Ann.

"I love you too. I'll be going to pick up Bear today and I'll send you plenty of pictures of him and Indie."

"Okay." Ender grinned and Ann moved to Gracie.

"Be a good little girl for your Mommy and Daddy. I'll come visit you soon, okay?"

"Okay Grandma." Gracie smiled.

"Oh I'll miss you two so much." She pulled Ender into the hug as well and they both grinned.

Gracie gave Ann a kiss and told her she loved her before Ann went to hug Ashton, reminding him to watch after us before we said our final goodbyes and walked out the front door.

I still had a ridiculously stupid smile on my face as we put our duffels in the back of the car and Ashton gave me a weird look.

"What are you all smiling for?"

"It's just that it's been a really long time since a mother has told me she loved me." I said, almost choking up a bit.

Ashton grinned before pulling me into his embrace and giving me a kiss.

"She does love you. You're her daughter now."

I nodded.

"I have a mom again."

"Yeah...you do have a mom again." He continued to smile and gave me a few more kisses before we loaded into the car.

We were apparently the last stop on the way to the airport because when I got to the door Gracie was hugging her uncles.

I got her strapped into her car seat and set her back pack and Mr. Carrots in her lap, while she sucked on the top of her sippy cup.

I took a seat between Luke and Ashton while Ender went to the back to talk to Michael about a comic book store he had looked up online that was in LosAngeles that he wanted to go to.

I hadn't looked up really but when I did I noticed a fairly muscled man sitting up front.

"That's Brad, he's one of our body guards." Ashton explained and introduced the two of us.

"Daddy I want kisses!" Gracie suddenly demanded from her car seat.

"What's the word we say when we want something?" He asked her.

"Please!" She said loudly and Ashton and I smiled at her before he leaned over to give her a few kisses on her face.

"Are you happy now?" He asked her and she nodded, shoving her sippy cup back between her lips.

The car ride was silent until I saw signs for the airport and I became a bit antsy.

"Okay I'm really nervous." I blurted out.

"Why? There's nothing to be nervous about." Ashton rubbed my shoulder.

"I don't know." I whined and he put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me over to plant a kiss to my hair.

"You're fine. I've got your anxiety pills in my bag, you'll take one before we get on the plane and you'll be fine." He brushed his warm lips against my hairline and I tried to relax.

When we neared the airport Ashton turned to Gracie.

"Okay, remember when I took you and Ender to the radio station and there were a lot of people outside making a lot of noise?" He asked her and she nodded. "Well today is going to be a lot like that but louder and a bunch more people. But I don't want you to get scared because I'm going to carry you inside and make sure nothing happens to you, alright?"

"Okay Daddy." She beamed up at him like a little angel and he thumbed at her cheek before turning back to me and holding onto my hand.

I watched carefully out the window as we pulled up to the departures line and I could hear the screaming before I could see it.

Our SUV pulled up to the curb where teenage girls were literally everywhere and Gracie let out a pre-cry whimper.

"It's okay baby, it's okay." Ashton and I went to comfort her.

"We have to go out in that?" Ender asked in a panicked voice from the backseat.

"We've got security and body guards bud, don't worry." Calum patted his shoulder and tried to calm him down as well.

Ashton unbuckled Gracie from her seat while I put her sippy cup away in her back pack and made sure she had her bunny.

Brad got out of the car and the influx of screams got louder as his door opened but diminished when it closed.

Out the window I watched airport security back the girls up, creating a clear path to the doors and I noticed the man, who Ashton had sent out to be mine and Ender's body guard while he wasn't there, outside as well.

The driver opened the trunk of the car and the screams got louder again. I took several deep breaths to calm myself down. I knew nothing was going to happen but still this was very nerve wracking.

"Okay, let's go." Ashton said and opened his door, getting out first and putting his duffel over his shoulder that the driver handed him and then motioned for me to follow.

I slid out of the car and heard the girls scream even louder. Ashton handed me my bag that I put over my shoulder and then went to Gracie, having her stand in the seat so I could put on her back pack and tuck Mr. Carrots close to her and picked her up.

She clung to me and I whispered a few comforting words in her ears before Ashton took her from me and I had Ender get out. The driver handed Ender his duffel and back pack and then gave me Gracie's Frozen suitcase.

Glancing around me I could see so many of the boys fans, taking our photos and videoing us with their phones.

"Baby, come on." Ashton moved in close to my ear and I took Ender's free hand with mine and followed closely to Ashton as he walked to the doors that were being held open for us.

I heard girls shouting my name but kept my eyes down at Ender, occasionally glancing up to see Gracie up in Ashton's safe arms, her face buried in his neck.

I felt myself relax once we were in the airport and we stopped for a moment so the guys could get inside.

Brad and the other body guard then led us over to the security line.

I stood behind Ashton and Gracie and once Ashton took the little bucket for his things he handed me one as well.

"Okay Car, put your phone, wallet, shoes and anything that's in your pockets in the bucket then once you're up there put your duffel on the conveyer." He instructed me.

"I have to take my shoes off?" I questioned and he nodded.

I watched as he got Gracie ready, putting her shoes and back pack in the bucket but when he went to take bunny away she protested.

"No!" She clutched Mr. Carrots to her.

"Hey, he's just going to go for a quick ride okay? I promise you you'll get him back super quick." He convinced her and put bunny in the bucket before putting it on the conveyer, the bucket disappearing behind a black rubber curtain.

He set Gracie down and I held her hand as Ashton went through the body scanner and then stepped out on the other side.

"Come on Gray." Ashton motioned her forward and I nudged her along, the TSA lady nicely helping Gracie do what she was supposed to do.

Once Gracie was good to go she ran to Ashton who picked her up, hugging her to him.

He grabbed their buckets and bags and went over to a bench to get their shoes back on.

Next it was mine and Ender's turn to go through security and we did so with ease before sitting down at the bench with our buckets while Ashton grabbed our bags.

Brad came with us and began to lead us to where our gate was and looking ahead I noticed that on both sides of the wide hall, fans were lined up waiting for us.

I gripped onto Ender's hand and walked Next to Ashton who was comforting a whimpering Gracie.

Yes she loved the attention but this was a little much for her.

I gave friendly smiles to the girls as we passed them, noticing them taking my picture as Brad led us to the lounge and we walked inside, the boys coming in after us.

It was much quieter in here and I took a deep breath as we entered, glad to be out of the crazy.

We found chairs and sat down, setting our bags on the ground while Brad pulled out our boarding passes, walking around our group and handing them out.

As I was sitting in my chair I noticed a woman across the room reading a magazine and thought that was a really good idea.

"Hey," I tapped Ashton on the shoulder, "There was a magazine stand back there that I want to go to really quick."

"Okay, I'll go with you." He made to stand up.

"I can go by myself."

"No, someone needs to go with you."

"Fine." I said and I stood up as well.

"We'll be back." Ashton said and took my hand as we left the lounge, Brad tagging along for our security.

The girls were still out there and freaked out when they saw us and this time Ashton and I stopped for a few pictures.

"It's my sisters birthday, would you mind if I got a video of you saying happy birthday to her?" A girl asked me.

"Sure. What's her name?" I smiled.

"Miley." The girl grinned at me, obviously excited.

"Okay, tell me when to go." I laughed as she already had her phone up as was videoing our conversation.

She nodded.

"Happy birthday Miley, I hope it's a great one." I waved at her phone.

"Thank you so much!" She reached across the rope between us to hug me.

"Of course! What's your name?"

"Jamie."

"It was nice to meet you Jamie." I hugged her back.

Ashton was next to me taking selfies with some of the other girls.

I began to hug and talk to some other girls and noticed Ashton look over and smile at me.

Finally Brad came over to us and we said goodbye, walking down the hall until we made it to the magazine stand and I began to look.

"Anything look interesting?" Ashton asked as he stood next to me and I was about to say no when I saw a bridal magazine.

I picked it up and Ashton leaned in to kiss my cheek.

We bought the magazine and then headed back to the lounge.

"What is it?" Gracie crawled over to my lap and took the magazine from me.

"It's a wedding magazine. Do you want to help me look at dresses for when me and Daddy get married?"

She gasped excitedly and sat down in my lap as the two of us began to flip through the magazine.

"This one!" Gracie pointed at a very poofy dress.

"That's a really big dress." I laughed.

"For me!" She giggled.

"You want the poofy dress? Okay, I think it would look much better on you than it would on me." I kissed her rosy cheeks.

"When you and Daddy getting married?" Gracie looked up and asked me, Ashton looking up as well.

"Soon baby." I smiled and hugged her to me, Ashton chuckling and taking our picture as we flipped through the magazine.

"I think you should wear that one." Ender pointed to a particularly unflattering gown and I pushed his face away from where he was looking over my shoulder.

"Brat." I rolled my eyes but he just grinned at me.

Brad and the other body guard who's name I learned was Dave told us it was time to board our flight so we got all of our stuff together and headed out to our gate.

As we approached our gate I could see the airplane outside.

"We're going on that?" Ender asked in a mousy voice next to me where he was holding onto my hand a lot tighter than he had been a moment ago.

"Yes." I responded, looking at him skeptically. "You okay, End?"

He didn't respond but looked like he was going to be sick.

"I don't wanna go on that, I don't wanna go." Ender began to panic, his voice becoming higher pitched and whiny.

"Hey hey hey." I crouched down, Ashton following. "I know this is scary, I'm scared too but it's going to be okay. It's just like riding in a car."

"But what if it falls out of the sky?" He asked, his eyes misting up.

"It's not gonna fall out of the sky bud." Ashton placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't wanna go." Ender shook his head.

"Hey, I need you to breathe for me End. Take deep breaths."

He did as I said and I caressed him behind his ear to soothe him.

"You're gonna be okay, babe, I promise you." I assured him.

"You promise?" He sniffled.

"I promise." I gave him a little smile.

I raised myself up to press a kiss to his forehead.

"Come on baby, hold my hand and we'll go in together." I told him and he nodded, gripping onto my hand tightly.

Ashton held Gracie's hand and had her roll her little suitcase behind her.

When we got to the front and flight attendant checked our passports and boarding passes before we were walking down a tunnel and onto the plane.

We were the first row in first class, Ender and I on one side and Ashton and Gracie on the other.

Luke and Calum sat in the row behind me and Ender and Michael sat next to Brad behind Ashton and Gracie.

Ashton put our duffels in the over head compartments for us before sitting down in our seats.

I could see Ender trying to not freak out in the seat next to me and I bit my lip before reaching over to tap Ashton's shoulder.

"Can I have my medicine now please?" I asked him and he reached beneath his seat to get his backpack, pulling out my pill bottle and handing it to me.

"End." I handed him one of the pills.

"Thanks." He took it in his hand and I took one as well before handing it back to Ashton.

"Daddy, I want to play." Gracie was standing instead of sitting.

"Once we get up in the air I'll set up your movie player and you can watch Frozen, does that sound okay?" He suggested and she nodded.

Ashton finally got her back in her seat and buckled her seat belt so she wouldn't get out again.

People continued to file onto the plane and I tried to relax, keeping my eyes on Ender and Gracie.

Finally they shut the cabin door and the plane began to back up and then drive over to the runway.

A flight attendant stood at the front of the cabin and began to give a safety instruction and I buckled my safety belt and tightened the strap before making sure Ender's was tightened as well.

"Baby Bear is scared." Gracie looked up at Ashton, holding her teddy bear back pack against her that Ashton had named Baby Bear.

"Well then give Baby Bear a big hug and tell him that's everything's going to be okay." He smiled at her, tucking a few of her brown curls behind her ear and giving her a kiss on the forehead.

After the safety instruction the flight attendants took their seats for takeoff as we approached the runway.

The plane began to rattle, rumble, and shake and Ender flung out his hand to hold mine.

"You good?" Ashton asked me and I looked over at him.

"Yeah." I gave him a little smile and he reached across the isle to squeeze my fingers.

The plane began to go down the runway, the speed increasing and there was a loud sound of the wind rushing against the plane.

"Daddy I don't like that noise." I heard Gracie say and everyone in the cabin chuckled, body guards and stern business men included.

As the speed continued to increase I took a deep breath and then looked out our little window the moment the wheels left the runway and we were off the ground.

I felt my stomach drop a bit at the new feeling and exhaled as we continued to go higher in the sky.

The plane tilted, turned, and extended over the clouds until we levelled out.

"Car, look out the window." Ashton told me, a smile on his lips and I looked over Ender to see outside.

White puffy clouds were below us and in the breaks you could see land and water below. The houses looked so small and the cars like ants.

"Wow." I breathed, a bit in shock.

As I stared out the window I couldn't help but feel bittersweet about this whole ordeal.

I was leaving my home, the place I had grown up, the place where my parents had passed away, the place I raised my brother, the place I worked the job I loved, the place where I met my husband, and the place I had adopted my daughter...but I was leaving it with my family.

Even in this plane I was surrounded by ones I loved: my little brother that I loved so much it hurt, the man of my dreams who stood by me through everything, our daughter that we loved to the moon and back and beyond, and my friends that were a big part of my family as I cared for them dearly and they did the same to me.

Life had changed so drastically since Ashton had appeared that one day at the beginning on summer for his tour, but even through all of our trials and troubles, we had come out on top...and I was so ready to take on this new adventure with him.

Looking back to my right I saw Ashton and Gracie, the two of them smiling and pointing out the window and I couldn't help but smile as well.

Squeezing Ender's hand I smiled at him as he looked up at me.

The life of hardship and being alone had finally come to a close for Ender and I, and we now had more than we could have even dreamed for, but that was okay, because we had each other.

And in the end, all that matters is that you have your family, because they are the ones who will love you and be there for you until the end of time.

Leaning my head down on Ender's I kissed his hair and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

Like this plane I was finally ready to soar after being kept on the ground for so long, and find myself in new places that I had never believed I could experience with the people I loved more than anything.

Like this plane I was ready to take off on this new adventure.

I was really, truly ready to leave Haven Harbour.

--

The final chapter of book one!

Thank you guys so much for joining me on this adventure and I hope you will continue to follow the story of Ashton and Carter in Haven Harbour: Beyond the Sea.

Much love xx -M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523 24 23
Ashton was bestfriends with Jack ever since they were 2 years old. Then something happens Ashton meets this new girl who moved accross from him and h...
305 31 8
"We're going to Australia." "Seriously?" Delilah is shocked that she is going to Australia for one of her dad's business trip. For the short month...
129K 2.8K 40
After 3 years being separated from each other, Misty moves on after Calum leaves her behind to go on tour and starts a new life away from her hometow...
2K 21 40
A story in which Naomi Irwin, a 16 year old cheerleader with depression, finds love in her next door neighbor