Bruised Hearts

By TainarIsSyRen

With a strike of a pen, their lives changed forever. This story follows four central protagonists, Arnav/Kh... More

Prologue
Remorse
Reason for Being
Void
Vitriolic
Cleansing
Reunion
Confronting the Raizadas
What doesn't Kill, Makes Us Stronger
Changed Tides
Family Drama
Painful Past
Superstar Meets Ranbir Kapoor Fan
Who the Baby Daddy?
Mumbai Connection
Welcome to Mumbai
Surprise
Foiled!
Seeking Answers
Skepticism
Fury
Seeking Information
Prime Suspect
Stealth
Escaping the Men in Black
Ferocious
Rakshas & Janwar
A/N
The Interrogation
Team Boys
The She Devil Underneath the Mask of an Angel
Trip to the Beach with the Little Miss
Patis on Mission
Dealing with Papa Malik
Team Boys
Step in Right Direction, One Kiss at a Time
House of Hope
Justice League
Holi!
Holi Sweetness!!
Holi Confessions!
Mami Bond
Wicked Stepmother
Inbhestigation!
Inbhestigation Continued!
Radhaji
Long Lost Besties
Maasi Ma
Babyta

Common Enemy

2.6K 126 15
By TainarIsSyRen

Arnav (recovering):  Princess...we don't boss...

RK (defending):  Exactly!  We just simply give a nudge in the right direction...for their own good.

Tara (irritated by the interruption):  Daddy...Superstar...you boss.  Only Tara is allowed to boss.  OK?  Mama and Mima are smart girls.  So no bossing, ok?

Arnav:  We'll try baby.

RK:  No promises kiddo.

Tara now bites her fingernails as she tries to think of other ideas to impart on her clueless daddies.  Arnav quite enjoys looking at his baby girl.  She looks just Khushi when she gets worried.

Tara (thinking out loud):  Mama and Mima...love food.  (Liking the idea) Yes...daddy...Superstar...take them out to eat!

Arnav (muttered):  Khushi will probably eat the whole restaurant out.

RK (muttered):  Madhu will probably go to the kitchen herself to make sure the food is prepared properly.

Tara crosses her arms over her chest, looking quite a bit like her daddy, and glares at the men.  How dare they mock her suggestions?  They have inadvertently hurt her feelings.

Tara (pouting and tears in her eyes):  Meanos!  You're making fun of me.  I'll tell Mama and Mima...they'll yell at you.

Arnav (panics):  No...no baby...Daddy is not making fun of you!  You're my princess...your idea is brilliant baby!  Daddy will definitely take Mama out for dinner.

RK (explains):  Little Star...your Superstar would NEVER make fun of you.  (Holding his throat) Pakka wala promise.  What other brilliant ideas do you have in that little brain of yours?

Tara (mollified):  House of Hope.

Arnav and RK:  Huh?!?

Tara:  Mama and Mima love House of Hope.  They are smart girls and want ALL other girls to be strong and smart.  To not get hurt, or let anyone hurt them.  Important to Mama and especially Mima.  Cuz it was set up to help girls like Trishna massi.  Trishna massi gone...bad people took her away from us.  Show interest in House of Hope. (Nodding her head) Help Mama and Mima make them smart, strong girls.  So no one can hurt them.

Arnav and RK are once again shocked by this little girl.  They understand now that she's talking about a battered women's shelter.  She is just a child yet already understands the importance of helping others.  Especially women, or girls as Tara puts it, to be strong on their own two feet.  They hearts swell with pride for their wives and the munchkin.

RK (leans down and hugs Tara):  Sweetie...that's a brilliant idea.  Love you baby girl.

Arnav (picks Tara up in his arms and kisses her cheeks):  Sweetheart...I am the luckiest father to the smartest little girl...EVER.  Love you baby girl.

Tara (squirms down Arnav's arms and giggles):  Thank you...I know...I am a smart girl.  Big girl too.  (Holding up all 4 fingers proudly)  I am 4!

Arnav (laughs):  Yes...baby you're a big girl.  But just remember...no matter how old you are...

RK (finishing Arnav's sentence):  You'll always be our little girl.  Now any other brilliant ideas missy?

Tara, completely exasperated, throws her hands up in the air.

Tara:  Superstar...I can understand daddy needing help...

Arnav (interrupts):  What the...!

Tara (continuing):  But you filmy...do filmy things to win Mima.  Tell daddy ideas too to win Mama.

Arnav (mutters):  I have good ideas... so what if mine are a bit practical?

RK (grins):  You're absolutely right munchkin.  I am Superstar RK...Filmy andaaz is my specialty.  (Conspiratorially) Don't worry...I'll help your daddy too...or all he'll do is try to make deals with your Mama.

Tara giggles at this comment as Arnav glares at RK.

Damn his hide!  My deals work...most of the time...ok...half of the time...ok...dammit!  Worked in my favor only a handful of times.  What the...!

Tara tired of imparting her wisdom to her daddies, runs to the s****line.  She shrieks with delight as she feels the cold waves hit her body in succession.  Arnav and RK run after her.  Fearful that she may get pulled into the sea current with the strong waves.  They hold her hands tight and let her enjoy the feel of the water for a few minutes.

Arnav:  Ok...enough!  Come on Tara...we are getting out of the water.

Tara (pouting):  But daddy...this is so much fun!

RK:  Making sand castle is much more fun!  Let's have a competition, whoever makes the best sand castle...wins... (pulling out a chocolate bar from his pocket) this!

Tara (excited):  Me...me...I want to play!  I'll make the best sand castle...I am a big girl.  A smart girl...I am going to win!

Arnav and RK pull her out from the water and set her down onto the sand.

RK:  Ok...munchkin...competition starts now!

Tara gets busy trying to create her masterpiece.  She must win; a competitive yummylicious Godiva chocolate?

Hello!  Tara...wants to win...Tara...build...build... have to win that chocolate.  I am a big girl now... I will make Mama and Mima proud!  Make my castle just the way they do it.

As Tara is busy with her little project, Arnav and RK just fiddle with the sand.  They smile at the look of utter concentration on their baby girl's face.  She's such a delight to observe!

Arnav (out of curiosity):  I have been meaning to ask you RK.  How come you're so gung ho about providing Madhu with armed escorts?  Don't get me wrong...it's an excellent idea.

RK:  Someone tried to scare Madhu the other night.

Arnav:  Ahh yes...Khushi told me...well...more like accused me of stalking them.

RK:  Women...they just jump to the wrong conclusion.

Arnav:  Tell me about it.  (Gingerly touching his black, well purple, eye) And damned violent too!

RK (shudders thinking about Madhu's kick to his groin):  Who would have thought?  I mean...I knew I married a sherni.  In fact, I love Madhu's fighting spirit...but damn!  She's got a mean streak...and woman knows to hit where it damned hurts!

Arnav (nods his head):  Ditto.  I love Khushi's fighting spirit...but I didn't know she could punch like that.  Damn!  I actually have a bruise!  So what were you saying about this stalker?  You think he can be a threat to Tara?

RK (shudders again):  He better not hurt my ladies... (Eyes burning with rage) or I'll hunt him down, tear him from limb to limb and feed him to my dogs.  (Calming a bit and siighing deeply) I am afraid...he may be the same...person...who threatened Madhu's life 5 years ago.

Arnav (looks sharply at RK):  Threatened?!?

RK (closes his eyes in pain):  It all started the day we were going to our family picnic.  Before we could make it to my farm house, we got into a mini accident with the car.  We ended up stranded in a village as I got the car fixed by a mechanic.  The morning after, I found out that the brakes were tempered with.  (Smiling sardonically) Good thing I wasn't driving too fast as usual.  We ended up in a ditch as I lost control of the car.

Arnav pales slightly on hearing RK's story.  This is too eerily familiar.

RK (continuing):  There were a few other "innocent" attempts on Madhu's life after we returned back home.  She didn't even know that her life was in danger.  (Clenching his fists in anger) I didn't know what to do...who to kill for daring to harm my Biwi.  Then came the damned letter from the stalker.  Blackmailing that I should leave MY Biwi or she'll be brutally murdered in front of my very eyes.  The damned **** had the nerve to threaten MY Biwi!  (Bleakly) I would do anything to keep my Madhu safe.  So I had to play the revenge card with her and didn't complete our marriage.  She'll never know...but it was the hardest thing I ever had to do.

Arnav is now completely pale, erratic thoughts plaguing his mind.

No...it can't be...this sounds way too...familiar...!  No...it's just a bloody coincidence.  How can it be...the same?  Impossible...can't be!  Can it?

Arnav (controlling his emotions):  Who was the letter from RK?

RK looks sharply at Arnav.

What's going on?  He's so damned pale.  And why is Arnav asking that question?  Hmmm...I remember Madhu saying that he didn't complete his marriage with Khushi...because he wanted to protect her too...from some danger.  Could it be...he's comparing his story to mine?  That can't be!  None of knew each other back then!  Let me put him out of his misery...tell him the author of the letter.

RK:  Arnav...I don't know what difference it will make in knowing who aut****d that disgusting letter.  But it was penned by: Number One Fan, Not. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 11.4K 23
Explore the captivating narrative of "Redeeming Love" as Arnav and Khushi, bound by an enduring love, navigate a journey through twists and turns. Un...
172K 9.3K 30
Nafrat paas ane na de Mahobat door jane na de( hatred keeps them apart but love keeps them closer) What will happen when love overcomes Hatred. Read...
23.5K 1.7K 10
They met at very wrong time but they end up together?
42.7K 3.1K 19
A short story about my beloved Arshi.. Little intense.. Nafrat Paas Ane na de..Mohabbat dur Jana na de..